CLARK Employee Reviews

Inadequate training and support
Technical Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAOctober 27, 2016
Typical day is performing help desk duties in a distribution environment. Did not receive proper training. Had to learn after required task was assigned. Inadequate introduction to company processes and procedures (infrastructure)

Management unavailable due to personal problems without backup for questions and tasks.

Different responsibilities kept co-workers separate from each other with little interaction.

Hardest part of the job was working in an environment with no support from lower AND upper management. Management didn't appreciate the technology department.

Loved my boss.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of support from upper management
Wonderful work atmosphere.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
This was probably the best company I've worked for. Management and Attorneys were great to working with/for. This was a very busy and fast paced position and I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with this company. Unfortunately after having health issues due to a pregnancy, I was forced to relocate back to Orange, Texas closer to family.
CSH daily
Staff auditor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2016
A typical day at work looks like a typical audit, prepping financials, and communicating with clients.
I have experienced and learned a lot in public accounting within the past year.
Nice workplace
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117August 25, 2016
Excellent job to have, amazing employees! I enjoy interacting with the clients. Everything is well organized and everyone is very professional.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 12, 2016
You were not always guaranteed work, some days you would have to look for work. you only get paid when you work on a client. no paid time off ie sick or vacation.
Life as a legal assistant
Legal/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Assisting all office personnel as a floater; reception duties to include multi line phones, receiving faxes, emails, scheduling, greeting guests; legal assistant duties include sending, receiving and logging client’s confidential medical records, receiving and prepping client’s confidential settlement packets for attorney approvals, scanning confidential packets for final issued payments, creating, updating and filing client’s confidential expense documents, running postage for USPS/FEDEX, assembling binders, prep for trials.
Good company to work for
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 3, 2016
It's a family owned business that's been around for over 100 years. Great people to work with.
I have learned so much about manufacturing.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401K
Cons
Too much micromanagement
Productive and Positive Enviroment
Executive Assistant/Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 25, 2016
Very positive people, willing to help you find your next position, professional and courteous,beautiful office in downtown Winston Salem
Productive and Fun workplace with positive hardworking people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work for me is arriving 15 mins early Monday-Friday. Opening doors, stocking break room, ordering any supplies needed, distributing mail, uploading documents into Constructware, making copies, and greeting sub contractors, clients, and guest that enter the office.
Pros
Free Lunches, Training for advancements, and fun people to work with
Legal Assistant / Office manager
Legal Assistant, Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Assist attorney in they day to day activities, prepare pleadings, prepare real estate documents, LLC paperwork, probate wills; prepare wills. The attorneys I wok for always treated me like family which I appreciated. The attorneys always explained things to me so that i would understand what was happening in the case

I kept the office functioning for the other day to day activities that were not legal.
Pros
2 wk paid vacation, 2 wks paid sick time after I'd been there some time
Cons
Caring law office, which allowed me to learn many things regarding accounting and disability law
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2014
I began at entry level and eventually moved to the position of accounting specialist. This involved various duties such as general ledgers, reconciling corporate credit card statements, handling deposits, A/P & A/R, cutting checks, etc.
I grew a lot and welcomed the challenge I was presented. I feel that I am able to apply these various skills proficiently in any given environment.
He was a wonderful man to work for and I appreciated his willingness to take me in and give me work.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2013
He was always there to give me leadership and guidance, he inspired his workers with his own hard work and dedication. He worked along side us and made us feel a like part of a family unit. I loved making things that people really wanted. I loved working with people that were there for the same reason that I was, we loved creating objects for people to love and buy. The hardest part of the job was that there were cuts on money and I had no choice but to leave.
Pros
fun environment, nice people
Cons
low payment
Fun and Professional Working Place
Assistant McMullyand Clark (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMarch 11, 2013
This job was great for my schedule. A typical day was walking into the office and assisting anyone who needed help. It could be shipment orders, fedex orders, stamping, filing, typing etc. I learned how to ship orders and also how to take inventory.The management was very professional and treated everyone with respect. The coworkers were also professional and would treat you like family. The hardest part of the job was making sure shipment orders were precise. The best part of the job was working with the coworkers because they were so friendly.
Pros
walk breaks and lunch breaks, free treats
Industrious and hardworking students and employees
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2013
Clark Atlanta University Provided a conducive learning environment and up-to-date technological equipment to support learning. There is a cordial relationship among employees and the student body is dedicated to working hard. Mutual respect among Clark family fostered even outside of campus
Pros
ORGANIZED, DEDICATED, AND FLEXIBLE
Cons
EXPENSIVE TUITION
Clark
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2013
THE WORK DAY! 4:45 am up 6:00 am clock in to clark ! prep and cook 160 Breakfast by 7:20. 8:00 work on lunch for 800 children. 10:00 second team comes on.we all work very well together.Our Management is always open to us! I like cooking and working with people the hard part of the job is i am off 4months of the year.I Have Learned with this to work well with other [TEAM WORK]
Pros
free lunch
Cons
off 4 months of the year.
Fast Paced and Sociable
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WINovember 24, 2012
A typical day at work would be handling money and helping customers pay for their gas. When a customer is not in the station, we are dusting or doing other duties.
I have learned how to interact with people. No matter how crabby the customer, you should always treat them with respect. I have also learned about how to handle money.
When working at the gas station, you work alone, but there is some interaction between co-workers when switching shifts. We tell the next person what needs to be done that wasnt done in the first shift.
The hardest part of the job would have to be not knowing an answer to a question that a customer asks. Whether it be about the gas, the car wash, or the pumps.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the relationships you build with regular customers.
Pros
employee charges
Cons
no benefits
Great office culture, great benefits, etc.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Office is very small, family oriented, etc. Very good benefits-employers let you know they care and value you. Good job security but be prepared to WORK and WORK HARD!
Pros
Laid-back office enviroment, profit-sharing, firm lunches, monthly bonus, etc.
Cons
Can be stressful due to workload (but isn't every job?).
Awesome experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2014
Working as a clerk for the Hall of Justice in Rochester NY was one of the best experiences I had in my life. I really learned plenty of things that has enhanced my future work experience. I enjoyed working with the judges and really getting to understand the criminal justice system. I would arrive at 9am till 5pm and a typical day was setting the courtroom listening to civil and criminal cases. My responsibility was to give clients there next court day. My co workers were amazingly helpful in making me feel apart of there team even though I was very young at the time. The courtrooms are a very serious environment and there are no laughing matters when it came to the courtroom. On of the most important rules was what happened on the courtroom stays in the courtroom and to never take what happened at work to your home.
Pros
Working within a place where i would like to work in the future
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced Plaintiffs firm
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2013
Worked daily on client's building client's cases. Filed new cases on a daily bases working on the transvaginal mesh docket. Reviewing medical records and interviewing potential clients for Bellwether case. Multitasking multiple projects at a time while teaching upcoming legal assistants the job as well.
Great and expanding shoe company.
Third Key Manager  (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 27, 2013
I personally like my job, my superior manager is pretty flexible with my school schedule and academic priorities.

I will describe a regular day as a new learning experience given by our customers needs.

I had been working for Clarks for the past 5 years, and I learned how important is to listen to others and help them disregarding the pressure of a busy moment at the store.

Business and goal achievements are always present on my daily basis when I am on the floor or even when I am taking orders on the phone.

As manager; I can refer that communication, supervision and training my employees how to present a good service to any costumer.
I believe that there is nothing hard on my job, I am highly organized and I always finish the daily duties on time to review them as well.
Pros
Benefits and Flexibility on my School Schedule.
Cons
Work on Weekends, No Bonus or Raises for the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLARK. Our community is ready to answer.