CLARK Employee Reviews

Make sure you are in the Union
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2017
Clark is a good company to work for if you are in the union. If you are not, you don't have any chance of moving up or out of your current position. Starting off as a Laborer, you do a good job and they don't want to move you anywhere else. They don't want to give you recommendations unless you are shining their shoes or giving them a pat on the back and they do show a lot of favoritism. There are a few good people on the management team that are fair and will work for you if you put in the work for them, but it's all political. Who you know is what makes this ship go sailing.
Pros
Consistent work (usually)
Cons
Political atmosphere, cut throat employees, favoritism
Production
Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 6, 2017
They make sure you have work and do work correctly. There can be a lot of drama working here. Sometimes can be unorganized. Some management is more professional then others.
Know your store
Retail (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 25, 2017
Some of the management are backstabbers who will not acknowledge seniority and will not talk up for raises while adding more to the workload,talks about upper management to the lowest terms.
Pros
Faithful customers
Cons
Underhand management
ok
inspector (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, BCJanuary 10, 2017
under standing the job location and working with all was very good. safety was first. people very helpful and friendly . hrs was great /ot was good enjoy this job.
CSH daily
Staff auditor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2016
A typical day at work looks like a typical audit, prepping financials, and communicating with clients.
I have experienced and learned a lot in public accounting within the past year.
Inadequate training and support
Technical Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAOctober 27, 2016
Typical day is performing help desk duties in a distribution environment. Did not receive proper training. Had to learn after required task was assigned. Inadequate introduction to company processes and procedures (infrastructure)

Management unavailable due to personal problems without backup for questions and tasks.

Different responsibilities kept co-workers separate from each other with little interaction.

Hardest part of the job was working in an environment with no support from lower AND upper management. Management didn't appreciate the technology department.

Loved my boss.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of support from upper management
Nice workplace
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117August 25, 2016
Excellent job to have, amazing employees! I enjoy interacting with the clients. Everything is well organized and everyone is very professional.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 12, 2016
You were not always guaranteed work, some days you would have to look for work. you only get paid when you work on a client. no paid time off ie sick or vacation.
Wonderful work atmosphere.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
This was probably the best company I've worked for. Management and Attorneys were great to working with/for. This was a very busy and fast paced position and I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with this company. Unfortunately after having health issues due to a pregnancy, I was forced to relocate back to Orange, Texas closer to family.
Good company to work for
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 3, 2016
It's a family owned business that's been around for over 100 years. Great people to work with.
I have learned so much about manufacturing.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401K
Cons
Too much micromanagement
Productive and Positive Enviroment
Executive Assistant/Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 25, 2016
Very positive people, willing to help you find your next position, professional and courteous,beautiful office in downtown Winston Salem
Life as a legal assistant
Legal/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Assisting all office personnel as a floater; reception duties to include multi line phones, receiving faxes, emails, scheduling, greeting guests; legal assistant duties include sending, receiving and logging client’s confidential medical records, receiving and prepping client’s confidential settlement packets for attorney approvals, scanning confidential packets for final issued payments, creating, updating and filing client’s confidential expense documents, running postage for USPS/FEDEX, assembling binders, prep for trials.
Clark Construction Group LLC, great place to work, period!
General labor Administration Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2015
I started off with Clark Construction Group LLC, pushing a broom as a labor from Labor Ready in N. VA. I separated myself from other workers with Labor Ready because some of the workers did not seem to worry about how their work ethic came across. I knew if I worked hard and a supervisor saw my work ethic that I had a good chance of getting offered a position, even if I would be as a general labor within the company, I would at least have a leg up. All that and more came true. Eventually I was brought inside of the company by people offering me an opportunity to have more responsibility. I quickly jumped on the offer and did whatever task that I was given. I eventually became the Builder/Owner monthly biller for one of the largest construction jobs in the United States at the time. I had to quickly learn Excel AIA spreadsheets. Some people knew of my lack of knowledge during this period but, believed in me and help guide me and mentored me until I was able to successfully do the job on my own.
The atmosphere at Clark Construction Group LLC as far as I know through experience does not have a glass ceiling for people who want to excel and there are upper management there that will help and guide you towards excellence. This company gave me a platform for me to move onto other opportunities that I still use to this day. And it all started with me simply pushing a broom as a labor.
Pros
Upward mobility as far as you can see yourself going
Cons
Sometimes construction can be fickle...but most all careers can be.
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 10, 2015
I would not go back. They treat their employees like dogs. There was no heating and or air conditioning at times. Overall I had a bad experience with this company.
Pros
Hours and money
Cons
How they treated their employees
Productive and Fun workplace with positive hardworking people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work for me is arriving 15 mins early Monday-Friday. Opening doors, stocking break room, ordering any supplies needed, distributing mail, uploading documents into Constructware, making copies, and greeting sub contractors, clients, and guest that enter the office.
Pros
Free Lunches, Training for advancements, and fun people to work with
fun working with customers
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 5, 2015
I was able to work with customers on the days I was there. I did alot of cleaning and stocking the shelves. But it was hard getting ahold of management if I needed something due to I was working alone.
Pros
working with cutomers
Cons
no breaks and only allowed part time
Great job for Short period of time.
Mail Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2014
I was looking more for a long-term career rather than just a job. I advanced very quickly and took on a promotion i was unsure about. Then once the economy shut-down I was laid off with 11 other individuals due to financial stability within the firm.
Wonderful company
Paralegal to John F. Bloss (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 30, 2014
I began my legal experience with this firm. I obtained all of my initial legal experience on the job. I enjoyed going to court with the attorney. Everything was a team effort. All co-workers pulled together to help each other when needed.
Legal Assistant / Office manager
Legal Assistant, Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Assist attorney in they day to day activities, prepare pleadings, prepare real estate documents, LLC paperwork, probate wills; prepare wills. The attorneys I wok for always treated me like family which I appreciated. The attorneys always explained things to me so that i would understand what was happening in the case

I kept the office functioning for the other day to day activities that were not legal.
Pros
2 wk paid vacation, 2 wks paid sick time after I'd been there some time
Cons
Caring law office, which allowed me to learn many things regarding accounting and disability law
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2014
I began at entry level and eventually moved to the position of accounting specialist. This involved various duties such as general ledgers, reconciling corporate credit card statements, handling deposits, A/P & A/R, cutting checks, etc.
I grew a lot and welcomed the challenge I was presented. I feel that I am able to apply these various skills proficiently in any given environment.