Clarke County School District Employee Reviews

great energy with in the schools, fresh faces
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 6, 2016
I love working as a sub for Clarke county school district. its always great to see children who are ready to learn. most days the children are glad to see a sub because it gives them an opportunity to get to know me, and me an opportunity to get to know them.
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
you have to get through the morning drag
Receptionist (Temporary Position) (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 5, 2015
Learning Experience - Diverse crowd - Very open and friendly staff - Supportive staff dedicated to providing best possible experience
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
An ok place to work
Student Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 18, 2015
I like the job I'm working in. I would love it better if it wasn't part- time and have benefits. Seems like their is no room to grow. Its all who you know or the color of your skin. If your a black woman or a black male and you meet all the qualifications for Field Service Tech they don't wont you in that position.I guess if I was a white male I would be a shoo in.
Pros
Cons
No benefits for part time and no room to grow
enforcing teacher plans
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2015
Typically I like to introduce myself to the student, just to gain a personal understanding of the classroom and the way in which the students and teacher conduct their daily tasks. From this I'm able to learn the ways to approach the lesson plan given by teacher. From there I decide whether I can engage in with the students or if activates need to be hands on or one on one
Pros
love working with children
Cons
not stable
education at its finest
Assisted lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 15, 2015
One of the best school districts in the state. They have quality teachers and excellent staff. They truly love children and will do anything to help them excel in their education.
Great people skills
Academic Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Athens GaJuly 2, 2015
A typical work day for me is to always walk in the door and greet everyone with a smile and a good morning, that to me is a great way to get your day to a positive start.

Hands-on and visualization is the best way to learn a job to me.

I feel that I have developed a great since on how to deal with people on any level. I love communication and interacting with the public.

I never considered to have had a job that was to hard, I've always enjoyed a challenging job and proving to my self that I can do anything as long as I put my mind to it.

My most enjoyable position is being out in the fore front as a Receptionist, Clerk or Admin Assistant, I feel that I am most exceptional in that area.
Love working with children!!
Secretary/Bkkeeper/Attendance Sec/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolJune 23, 2015
Working with CCSD is great if you are willing to multi-task and to work as a team. It is the nature of the positions that I have held that you be willing and able to do more than one job. I enjoy the family friendly environment that the school district has in allowing parents to attend events of their children that attend schools in the district.
Pros
Time off with family (Spring Break, Thanksgiving/Xmas, Summer)
Cons
Salary is the major issue with CCSD for classified staff
Enjoy IT support with the student
Student Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens,GeorgiaJune 16, 2015
I love work with the kids on there computer, the job is a part-time, I have a chance to show them how the computer function and what when you they do difference thing to the computer and show them what happen if they do something wrong to it.
Full time work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Athens GaJanuary 23, 2015
Working for CCSD was okay but could have been better if the treated there employees equally. They treated custodians as if they were nothing .
Pros
working around kids
Cons
low pay.. being treated poorly as a employee
Great place to work!
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, GeorgiaOctober 9, 2014
Clarke County is a great place to work. There are many excellent teacher and administrators in this school district.
Pros
great collegial work environment.
Very challenging position
Fiscal Specialist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 16, 2014
The job is a continuously changing job. Working with grants, regulations change, monitoring and auditing is a daily activity. Being a liason between different departments and leaders in the district. Supervising staff and helping employees with pay/health insurance/leave problems. My co-workers are wonderful and I love being around the children. The hardest part of my job is to decide the most critical pieces to be completed first
Pros
co-workers
Cons
cost of health care, no raises consistantly
productive, entertainment from the kids
Cafeteria worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 25, 2014
great environment with coworkers. managers fair and listen problems. typical day set up for breakfast break it down then set up for lunch. hardest day is cleaning and preparing for next day. most enjoyable is serving food to the kids.
Pros
free food
Cons
different attitudes of kids
Challenging, fun, and exciting.
Academic Interventionist Teacher K-8th (Former Employee) –  Athens, GeorgiaJune 16, 2014
Working in the school district, made me appreciate all educators. Educators are not given enough credit for what they have to endure. You MUST have the patience and passion when it comes to being an educator. Teaching is not for everyone. Working in the school district allowed me to have even greater respect for teacher. It's also what motivated me to go back to school and get a degree. I loved working with the children. Watching there little faces light up when you arrive and teaching them how to become independent was heart warming and fulfilling. I've never ever felt more gratified until I started working with children. Knowing that I've played a part in a child's life regarding what he/she has been taught or have accomplished is very self-rewarding. I truly truly enjoy working with children.
Pros
receiving many accolades for a job well done.
Cons
not being able to help all children.
Productive and fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 24, 2014
I worked with children with special needs and found jobs for them in the community.
Pros
the joy of working with these awesome kids!
Cons
pay rate was low
Too many chiefs, not enough indians
Staff (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 16, 2014
Good hours and good benefits. But not much beyond that. They purchased a computer for every student but did not update the network to support the increase. Nor did they add additional staff to support these. The students break the computers and there are no parts to repair them. Lots of frustration from teachers, students, and support staff. Management completely out of touch with what is needed in the classroom.
Very fun and positive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 15, 2014
Clean offices, meeting chambers and recreational facilities. Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs. Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and the public..
Different Every Day
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 27, 2014
I work at a different school every time I work. I fill countless roles and have mostly learn to think on my feet and adapt.
Working with students; gives you a new perspective on life
Middle School Registrar (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 17, 2014
My day begins with meeting and greeting parents and students and seeing them eager to learn is the cup of "coffee" I need.
Pros
time off
Cons
no upward movement
Every day is an adventure
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 17, 2013
Substituting in this school district is always a wonderful experience. Whether it be elementary, middle, or high school, each and every day is a different adventure.
Wonderful School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 22, 2013
Staff was wonderful
Children
were awesome
The hardest part was leaving when my kids had a bad day and I had to leave a note with their room teacher
I enjoyed teaching all the kids,I actually learned as well...
day started between 745-800 as my kids walked in and we greeted each other...