Clarke County School District

Clarke County School District Employer Reviews

productive, entertainment from the kids
Cafeteria worker (Current Employee), Athens, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: different attitudes of kids
great environment with coworkers. managers fair and listen problems. typical day set up for breakfast break it down then set up for lunch. hardest day is cleaning and preparing for next day. most enjoyable is serving food to the kids.
Challenging, fun, and exciting.
Academic Interventionist Teacher K-8th (Former Employee), Athens, GeorgiaJune 16, 2014
Pros: receiving many accolades for a job well done.
Cons: not being able to help all children.
Working in the school district, made me appreciate all educators. Educators are not given enough credit for what they have to endure. You MUST have the patience and passion when it comes to being an educator. Teaching is not for everyone. Working in the school district allowed me to have even greater respect for teacher. It's also what motivated me – more... to go back to school and get a degree. I loved working with the children. Watching there little faces light up when you arrive and teaching them how to become independent was heart warming and fulfilling. I've never ever felt more gratified until I started working with children. Knowing that I've played a part in a child's life regarding what he/she has been taught or have accomplished is very self-rewarding. I truly truly enjoy working with children. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 24, 2014
Pros: the joy of working with these awesome kids!
Cons: pay rate was low
I worked with children with special needs and found jobs for them in the community.
Too many chiefs, not enough indians
Staff (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 16, 2014
Good hours and good benefits. But not much beyond that. They purchased a computer for every student but did not update the network to support the increase. Nor did they add additional staff to support these. The students break the computers and there are no parts to repair them. Lots of frustration from teachers, students, and support staff. Management – more... completely out of touch with what is needed in the classroom. – less
Very fun and positive work place
Custodian (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 15, 2014
Clean offices, meeting chambers and recreational facilities. Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs. Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and the public..
Different Every Day
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Athens, GAApril 27, 2014
I work at a different school every time I work. I fill countless roles and have mostly learn to think on my feet and adapt.
Working with students; gives you a new perspective on life
Middle School Registrar (Current Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: no upward movement
My day begins with meeting and greeting parents and students and seeing them eager to learn is the cup of "coffee" I need.
Every day is an adventure
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Athens, GADecember 17, 2013
Substituting in this school district is always a wonderful experience. Whether it be elementary, middle, or high school, each and every day is a different adventure.
Wonderful School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Athens, GAAugust 22, 2013
Staff was wonderful
Children
were awesome
The hardest part was leaving when my kids had a bad day and I had to leave a note with their room teacher
I enjoyed teaching all the kids,I actually learned as well...
day started between 745-800 as my kids walked in and we greeted each other...
Priorities are not in line
DIR RECRUITMENT, RETENTION, SAFETY, & RISK MGMT (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 14, 2013
The upper level administration has lost site of the bottom line (children and families) and utilizes fear as the primary management technique for faculty and staff. It is difficult for teachers to create a positive learning environment when they are being treated unfair.
love working with kids
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: the time off
Cons: the pay is low
you get to work with kids and ingage with them, and you are responsible for getting them to and from school safely.
a great enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Athens GaJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: the people i work with. the school district is a great place to work.
Cons: short hours..
I love working with the students and staff of CLARKE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT! Its a great job for single mothers with small kids. CCSD is a great place to work.
CCSD has great benefits.
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Board OfficeOctober 1, 2012
Pros: many days off during the year.
Cons: management does not stick up for their employees.
Hours are 8-4:45 with a 45 minute lunch. More days off during the year than most jobs.
Educational and Rewarding
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Athens, GAJune 14, 2012
Provide quality education to children in schools, and help with classroom management, such as preparing the classroom for the day and helping with classroom discipline.
Helped with clerical needs such as grading papers, filing student work and making copies of worksheets. Skills also provided were working with children in a structured setting. Maintained – more... the ability to work with teachers, administrators support staff and parents.
Fill-in for teacher in the event of their absence; maintain classroom and role of teacher. – less
Fun place to work !
Afterschool counselor (Former Employee), Athens, GAMarch 26, 2012
Pros: great coworkers, and management
Getting the kids after school, taking attendance and helping with homework, monitoring the kids playing outside and scheduling game/gym time to play. Management was very fair and understanding with scheduling and a pleasure to be around. Hardest part of the job was keeping your head count with the kids as they leave for the day. I loved working here – more... because you get to bond with the kids and play with them after helping them with homework. – less
Innovative Techological Environment
Teacher (Former Employee)July 25, 2011
This is a progressive school district. The leadership keeps the district up-to-date on current innovations in education.