Clarke County School District Employee Reviews

Nice place to work,really enjoyed being able to make a difference in the child.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 28, 2016
Great place to work, the hours are excellent and the kids are great but the pay leaves a little to be desired because you need a supplement in order to maintain.
Pros
Great benefits and time off.
Cons
Low pay
School nursing is a challenge.
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 7, 2016
A new learning experience everyday, related to the amount of students in the district being 350,000 students with approximately 200 plus nurses working full time. The schools often have a transit population, which will increase the number of health assessments or first time vision and hearing screens depending on the age of the child.
Pros
You do not work nights, weekends or holidays.
Cons
Often short staffed related to number of nurses related to the number of students, as well as increased health needs of students.
Bus driver
Bus driver (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Really love my job, just looking for a different environment. I'm hoping to get the same pay or close I'm very dependable always come to work.. and always willing to work..
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens-Clarke County, GANovember 8, 2016
I enjoy working with the Clarke County School District. They care about employees and treat people fairly. They want their students to be successful.
JROTC Instructor
JROTC Instructor and Supply Card Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 17, 2016
Teaching JROTC Cadets how to become better leaders and teamwork. Good co workers always really to help. Nothing was really hard at my job. Learning about over 200 cadets mind set can sometime take a little time. Teaching cadets I really enjoyed! I learned that you have to have a lot of patience when dealing with High School kids. I manage the JROTC Credit Card account and the Supply Room, Arms Room it was great because that what I done in the Army before I retired. Really loved my job!
Pros
Helping the students to become better citizens.
Cons
Need more teachers.
great energy with in the schools, fresh faces
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 6, 2016
I love working as a sub for Clarke county school district. its always great to see children who are ready to learn. most days the children are glad to see a sub because it gives them an opportunity to get to know me, and me an opportunity to get to know them.
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
you have to get through the morning drag
Love the children
Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 12, 2016
Help assist with the kids in the classroom and in the afterschool program. Started as a teacher assistant in 2000 and resigned in 2005 an remanded as a afterschool assistant with elementary schools Clarke County School District.
An ok place to work
Student Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 18, 2015
I like the job I'm working in. I would love it better if it wasn't part- time and have benefits. Seems like their is no room to grow. Its all who you know or the color of your skin. If your a black woman or a black male and you meet all the qualifications for Field Service Tech they don't wont you in that position.I guess if I was a white male I would be a shoo in.
Pros
Cons
No benefits for part time and no room to grow
enforcing teacher plans
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 8, 2015
Typically I like to introduce myself to the student, just to gain a personal understanding of the classroom and the way in which the students and teacher conduct their daily tasks. From this I'm able to learn the ways to approach the lesson plan given by teacher. From there I decide whether I can engage in with the students or if activates need to be hands on or one on one
Pros
love working with children
Cons
not stable
Great people skills
Academic Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Athens GaJuly 2, 2015
A typical work day for me is to always walk in the door and greet everyone with a smile and a good morning, that to me is a great way to get your day to a positive start.

Hands-on and visualization is the best way to learn a job to me.

I feel that I have developed a great since on how to deal with people on any level. I love communication and interacting with the public.

I never considered to have had a job that was to hard, I've always enjoyed a challenging job and proving to my self that I can do anything as long as I put my mind to it.

My most enjoyable position is being out in the fore front as a Receptionist, Clerk or Admin Assistant, I feel that I am most exceptional in that area.

Want to know more about Clarke County School District?

Ask a question
Love working with children!!
Secretary/Bkkeeper/Attendance Sec/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolJune 23, 2015
Working with CCSD is great if you are willing to multi-task and to work as a team. It is the nature of the positions that I have held that you be willing and able to do more than one job. I enjoy the family friendly environment that the school district has in allowing parents to attend events of their children that attend schools in the district.
Pros
Time off with family (Spring Break, Thanksgiving/Xmas, Summer)
Cons
Salary is the major issue with CCSD for classified staff
Very challenging position
Fiscal Specialist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 16, 2014
The job is a continuously changing job. Working with grants, regulations change, monitoring and auditing is a daily activity. Being a liason between different departments and leaders in the district. Supervising staff and helping employees with pay/health insurance/leave problems. My co-workers are wonderful and I love being around the children. The hardest part of my job is to decide the most critical pieces to be completed first
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
cost of health care, no raises consistantly
Educational and Rewarding
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 14, 2012
Provide quality education to children in schools, and help with classroom management, such as preparing the classroom for the day and helping with classroom discipline.
Helped with clerical needs such as grading papers, filing student work and making copies of worksheets. Skills also provided were working with children in a structured setting. Maintained the ability to work with teachers, administrators support staff and parents.
Fill-in for teacher in the event of their absence; maintain classroom and role of teacher.
Fun place to work !
Afterschool counselor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 26, 2012
Getting the kids after school, taking attendance and helping with homework, monitoring the kids playing outside and scheduling game/gym time to play. Management was very fair and understanding with scheduling and a pleasure to be around. Hardest part of the job was keeping your head count with the kids as they leave for the day. I loved working here because you get to bond with the kids and play with them after helping them with homework.
Pros
great coworkers, and management
Too many chiefs, not enough indians
Staff (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 16, 2014
Good hours and good benefits. But not much beyond that. They purchased a computer for every student but did not update the network to support the increase. Nor did they add additional staff to support these. The students break the computers and there are no parts to repair them. Lots of frustration from teachers, students, and support staff. Management completely out of touch with what is needed in the classroom.
Enjoy IT support with the student
Student Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens,GeorgiaJune 16, 2015
I love work with the kids on there computer, the job is a part-time, I have a chance to show them how the computer function and what when you they do difference thing to the computer and show them what happen if they do something wrong to it.
Receptionist (Temporary Position) (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 5, 2015
Learning Experience - Diverse crowd - Very open and friendly staff - Supportive staff dedicated to providing best possible experience
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Priorities are not in line
DIR RECRUITMENT, RETENTION, SAFETY, & RISK MGMT (Former Employee) –  Athens, GA May 14, 2013
The upper level administration has lost site of the bottom line (children and families) and utilizes fear as the primary management technique for faculty and staff. It is difficult for teachers to create a positive learning environment when they are being treated unfair.
productive, entertainment from the kids
Cafeteria worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 25, 2014
great environment with coworkers. managers fair and listen problems. typical day set up for breakfast break it down then set up for lunch. hardest day is cleaning and preparing for next day. most enjoyable is serving food to the kids.
Pros
free food
Cons
different attitudes of kids
Challenging, fun, and exciting.
Academic Interventionist Teacher K-8th (Former Employee) –  Athens, GeorgiaJune 16, 2014
Working in the school district, made me appreciate all educators. Educators are not given enough credit for what they have to endure. You MUST have the patience and passion when it comes to being an educator. Teaching is not for everyone. Working in the school district allowed me to have even greater respect for teacher. It's also what motivated me to go back to school and get a degree. I loved working with the children. Watching there little faces light up when you arrive and teaching them how to become independent was heart warming and fulfilling. I've never ever felt more gratified until I started working with children. Knowing that I've played a part in a child's life regarding what he/she has been taught or have accomplished is very self-rewarding. I truly truly enjoy working with children.
Pros
Receiving many accolades for a job well done.
Cons
Not being able to help all children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarke County School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Clarke County School District Reviews by Location