Clarke Power Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
fun co-working
DIESEL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 2, 2017
my work day start at 6am-2:30pm. within that time, you could go from doing very little to doing some very major. the part that I hate the most is, when is time to go home then comes a road call.
Pros
co-working that look out for each other
Cons
pay is too low for the kind of work we do
Very busy job with issues as any place has.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 23, 2017
A large lack of communication between service writers and management. Sometimes very unrealistic expectations as fare as work load and conditions. Several workers that are not trust worthy.
One emergency after the other!!!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2017
Could not ever achieve stability in the shop do to too much intervention from the client. This company needs to learn who's running there business. It is impossible to have two masters and please them both. Struggled for months, drank the corporate koolaid and ultimately failed from burnout after 15 months of 60 to 80 hour weeks. There was never going to be enough of me to get the job done. The lack of good pay and lack of the number of support employees made for constant chaos that will never be fixed without complete restructuring. MW
Pros
A lot of good people at Clarke
Cons
Impossible odds of success
Bad place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 14, 2017
This place is by far the worst place that I have ever worked. It is very unorganized, management is very very bad. They have no mechanical know how at all. the shop is always dirty safety issues everywhere. They only clean when they know company is coming. They actually think the customer comes before employees family's They offer good pay but have manditory deductions so the pay really isn't that good. Insurance is really bad $6000 deductible. No shop tools bad place all around
Pros
Laid back because no one knows what they are doing in the office
Cons
Bad management and insurance. No shop tools
Great place to work and learn
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Byrdstown, TNAugust 11, 2017
They were a great company to work for there were opportunities to learn a grow as a individual and also with on the company bosses were very understanding to family situations
Pros
Learning opportunities advancement opportunities good pay
Cons
Benefits weren't that great
Great pay
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJune 16, 2017
The people here are friendly enough. The pay is good. They will provide training and help you advance. You just have to be able to bend the rules a bit.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
can be boring doing the same thing day in and day out
Official response from Clarke Power Services, Inc.
August 9, 2017

Clarke Power Services welcomes the thoughts of our team members.

We are a commercial vehicle maintenance provider with a winning team of employees who have built an OUTSTANDING 50+ YEAR TRACK RECORD of delivering value to the transportation and service industries. Together, with our VEHICARE Fleet Maintenance division, we service fleets at our locations across the county.

We offer web-based training, competitive wages with regular reviews for increase, career advancement, and a complete benefits package including Health Insurance, Healthcare Savings Account, a great 401 K Plan, and Paid Holidays and Vacation.

We promote a clean & safe environment in a friendly atmosphere. We continue to grow and do our very best every day to provide an exceptional career opportunity to nearly 800 employees.

Our Human Resources Team is always happy to assist employees & answer further questions to those considering employment with Clarke.

clarke
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Byrdstown, TNMarch 24, 2017
I loved the overall job and left it for what I thought was a better opportunity, just to regret leaving to begin with. I got to travelm but I was missing my family.
Clarke power/vehicare
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 22, 2017
The management says to do it one way and then they do it the opposite of what they tell you to do. You can not come up with ideas to help do your job better because they will just turn it down. they keep there employees in the dark about changes until charges are being made. They say we are family but treat you other wise. When issues are brought to upper management nothing is down about it. You begin to feel like a broken record when you voice your concerns. You get told by your immediate manager he/she already has a spouse and doesn't need another. I was told when I was hired that I could figure out what worked best to help me complete my job, but when I was doing that I was told I couldn't do that and they didn't help with finding a solution to it. The fleet side expanded to fast and did not allow for proper training. I was told when I was hired on I could visit another location to see how they were doing thing to see if I could bring something back to the location I worked at. No one followed through with it. I was excited to work for this company until about four month before I was let go. Never really made fuss about answering after hours call and not getting paid for them. Or running back to the shop to do something and not getting paid for it. or Logging in at home to do something after hours because I wanted to keep my job and we weren't really allowed overtime.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Health care, communication, management.
Beware unfriendly work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 3, 2017
This is a very unfriendly and tip toe place to work. Where i was everone new each othe r and newcomers we definitely outcast. Poor management to say the least. They put total responsability on tech for their outlandish goal time. This place is horrible
Pros
Not much
Cons
Most day to day activities
A challenging environment thats very hands on.Me and all of my co workers had a great working relationship
traffic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 17, 2016
A day consist of making sure i have proper working tools that ill need for the job,selecting my crew ,set up at the job location and getting the job done.
Do as I say and don't question management.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 29, 2016
The company operates on a do as I say only basis. The management dictates orders on how they want you to perform but they don't have to operate in the same way. There benefits are marginal. HR had said the advantage of our benefits is when you don't use them. That is a true statement. The managers will keep adding to the work load but won't add help. The budget the contracts have are under estimated and it takes a long time to get parts.
Pros
Hourly wage is good
Cons
No advancement, no reviews and no raises.
Management is writing all the reviews trying too boost companies low approval rating.
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Management is very poor! Morale is at all time low among company employees and customers. Before you accept a job here ask for 5 references of past employees. The truth will be told then.
Pros
No steady work so alot of standing around doing nothing.
Cons
Management is very poor. No steady work. No job secutity. Very high turnover rate.
Stable, fast growing company.
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2016
I have worked here just over 12 years and I'm amazed that this company has more than tripled in size. Clarke Power Services is a very stable, forward looking company. We have 2 full time training centers which allows us to reach out to a large number of employees on various topics. There is opportunity for advancement as a substantial number of employees have hired on at entry level positions and then advanced to the other positions within the company. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Empowered to make decisions to get the job done.
diesel tech (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 22, 2016
I get support from my manager, I have learned a lot to advance my career. I work with some of the best diesel techs in the industry. Clarke has their own training department to allow me to advance my skills.
Pros
The best 401K...compared to other companies.
Steady employment, advancement nonexistent
CSR (Current Employee) –  KYMay 4, 2015
Steady employment, however management keeps employees in the dark most of the time. Advancement opportunities seem nonexistent and are kept somewhat private. Pay raises and performance reviews hardly ever happen until employee threatens to leave the company.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Poor healthcare, advancement opportunities
Official response from Clarke Power Services, Inc.
May 21, 2015

Clarke Power Services welcomes the thoughts and concerns of our employees.

Some of our Benefits include:
Competitive Wages & a schedule for regular reviews for Increase
Medical & Dental Benefits that start the first day of the month after you’re hired
Health Savings Account with Company Contribution
Fantastic 401 (k) Plan- Clarke contributes dollar amount equal to 3% of your gross wages each week to your 401 (k) plan, starting the first day of the month after you’re hired, and this company contribution is vested at 100% right from the start! Yes, you receive 3% more than your earnings each week and it’s put directly into your 401 (k)!
Company Paid Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short Term Disability

Our Human Resources department is happy to assist employees & answer further questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarke Power Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9