Clarks

Clarks Employee Reviews

A Full Disclosure Place to Work
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Hanover, PAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: A trust between workers and management.
Cons: Low Chance of Closing for Weather Conditions, so it might be tough getting to work if you live a good distance away.
Clarks really tries to take your opinions into consideration. They were relocating to a new facility and not only did they attempted to keep everyone in the loop on what's going on but they also gave their best efforts in finding a desirable position for the worker. The hardest part of the job is if some important piece of machinery breaks down, it can really back you up on your work for the rest of the day. The most enjoyable part was probably the freedom of not having someone looking over your shoulder every five minutes and the management trusting you're are doing a good job.
Productive and Fun!
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Denville, NJJuly 13, 2015
Always fun but alway productive such as reaching all goals and keeping store to above standards. Its not just about sales or customer service its building relationships with customers.
Best shoemaker in the world
Store Manager (Current Employee), The WoodlandsJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Compensation and benefits
Cons: Difficulties trying to get a transfer
Excellent to work for a company as Clarks. Great compensation and benefits,. The top in Job security. Traning and certification for managers will be provided.
Clark Shoes
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
To work at clarks, you learn a lot about the classic shoes and how to to wear those shoes. The management team are very involve with the employee needs and always asking for feed back as how the store could get better. The co workers are all teammates and all are willing to help each others. The hardest part of the job is maybe dealing with the heat from the Florida weather. The most Enjoyable parrt of the job is meeting new people from all over the world
Professional
Director of Engineering Operations (Current Employee), Newton, MAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Fun and interesting work environment
Cons: Global restructuring leading to uncertainty
Working with a diverse, experienced team of co-workers devoted to excellence in shoe design and engineering. Provided support and training to all PLM users worldwide. Directed a team in performing various responsibilities within the engineering, commercialization and PLM departments.
FUN WORKPLACE
Sales Associate (Current Employee), ohioMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work consist of helping customers find exactly what they're looking for. learned to be kind and patient with others. co-workers are enjoyable. fun environment.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Algonquin, ILMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at the job would consist of helping out customers finding the perfect pair of shoes while trying to sell them the products used on our shoes. I would also work with the register, do the shipment, and fix problems when they would show up.
The best thing about working at Clarks would have to be making the customer happy. I love when I help customers out and they give me reviews. I like seeing what I do well at and what I can do better at.
Overall friendly atmosphere assisting customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: potential monetary gain during busier times
Cons: lack of monetary during slower times due to commission sales no base pay
A typical work consists of focusing on the customer to determine their footwear needs. Although associates at Clarks are not trained medical specialists, however, finding what model fits the customer best for style and comfort needs is the goal. During downtime, maintaining store appearance is important. Merchandise replacements,shoe displays, product shelving straightened and ship-out orders to name a few.
No Diversity
Store manager (Current Employee), South CarolinaFebruary 8, 2015
Cons: no raises ever
The culture is horrible. District Managers are allowed to be politically incorrect. Some of the managers lack tact. The pay Sucks. No raises!!!! There is a lack of diversity within the field management. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Clarks
Asistente de Ventas (Former Employee), carolina,PRFebruary 3, 2015
Although working at Clarks wasn't the greatest experience of my life I'm grateful because it was my first job and they help me to grow in the workplace and as a person.
My job at Clarks
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, good heathcare
Cons: short breaks, difficult hours
I have been working here for several years. I have been managing for about 6 years now. I have learned how to communicate with my employees and how to get them motivated. I have learned how to motivate myself on a daily basis, as every day is going to present new challenges. I am confident in all of my abilities. There are so many facets of my job that I would be able to write a book. My typical week involves selling, writing schedules, training, banking and inventory procedures, assisting my District Manager for several things. The hardest part of my job is the hours, but the best part of my job is that I get to meet new people every day and that is something that I truly do enjoy.
Busy work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: meet great people every day.
Cons: work life balance
Great company to work for if you are single and want to focus on your career. Small environment with co-workers, generally employees are quality people you would enjoy to work with.
provide positive work environment and flexible schedule
Sale Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, awesome management/co-worker, good pay for part-time job
Cons: benefit can be better
Great part time job. Commission based. Awesome co-workers! I loved and enjoyed going to work. The hardest part of the job is, just like all other retail jobs, holidays hours. Clarks offers the best manager and assistant manager I ever had.
A place to help you develop.
Co Manager (Former Employee), PRJanuary 19, 2015
Growth professionally, develop a team and alot of retail knowledge learned.
cold calling
Sale representative (Current Employee), Willow Grove, PAJanuary 14, 2015
not the best place to work the management team and coworkers were very funny to work with though
Amazing first sales job!
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: lots of brakes, get paid for what you work for
Cons: moving up in the company really depends on your appearance
As my first ever job in commission sales it was outstanding! The staff is friendly and even some of the coworkers I had a hard time dealing with were civil and collected at all times.
Unstable pay
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 17, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: long hours for pennies on the dollar
Working at a outside mall has its disadvantages
The weather pay a major part in sales
The women I work with are too emotionally unstable
Mostly commissioned based
Productive workplace selling shoes to customers
Cashier (Current Employee), AuroraDecember 16, 2014
its a good place for a student to work their way through school. theyre flexible with your school schedule, and the people you work with are very outgoing. they make the workplace enjoyable.
Sesonal Temp
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee), Hanover, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: ocassionally free gifts, some free lunch
When getting this job went to local temp agency was told this would lead to Full time placement, When hired by company turned out Seasonal temp still no health benefits, no pay for holiday, so that means if not full 40 hour week no Overtime for weekend
great shoes
Sales Associate / stock (Former Employee), SoHoNovember 26, 2014
Pros: 1hour lunch break
Cons: 1 hour lunch break
I loved selling shoes putting smiles on customers faces young or old my coworkers were great the hardest part of my job was to be alone in the stock room in high volume times but I held my own. ● Process sales, returns and exchanges on the cash register
● Greet customers while measuring their shoe size
● Restock merchandise
● Assist customer with
● Unload arriving weekly/Daily truck
● Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
● Assist customer with shoe orders
● Customer assistance via telephone