Clarks Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, productive place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2016
I been with this company for 5 years and counting. The pay is good if you follow the rules and try to sale. Management is fair if you are fair back. Dedicate yourself and you will go far. Security is there and if you with hard you can become management in no time. You get a free pair of shoes every year and you get 50% any other pair after your free pair. You get 6% to 10% off all you sell.
Pros
Pay and atmosphere
Cons
30 minute lunches
Nothing special
Shift Manager and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2016
Working at Clarks involved selling on the floor as well as inventory management, receiving and sorting stock, visual merchandising , and recruiting new employees.
Fun work environment and great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 21, 2016
Greet customers and help the find their desired shoes
Great management
Learned how to process shipment and organize a stock room.
Co-workers are extremely and makes you feel apart of the team immediately.
Hardest part is to trying to reach your daily goal
Pros
Employe opportunities
Great Place
Seasonal Warehouse Distribution (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 11, 2016
Worked as a seasonal in shipping and receiving. Co-workers were good, cross training, fast paced, good pay. I worked only temporary on 2nd shift.
Fun and thrill environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAApril 27, 2016
Learned about team work and leadership. Most enjoyable was talking one on one with customers. Co-Workers are really fun and respectable to one another and help one another when needed.
Pros
good shoes
Cons
Short Breaks
Friendly work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 29, 2016
Worked with customers as a part time sales associate. Most interactions are fairly seamless with the exception of some difficult to please customers. The management made it worth staying because it was easy to work with a cohesive team. I learned the value of patience and teamwork. Also I learned how to apply skills I have learned to real life situations.
Pros
Good team
Cons
low compensation, unsteady pay/ hours
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMarch 10, 2016
Clarks is a good company to work for, the days are full of plenty of things to do, and reasonable times frames to work within. The people are really nice.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too much time on your feet
It was good while it lasted
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 4, 2016
I only worked there for a year until I was laid off. I would have liked to have stayed, but due to the move to the new building and new work schedule, there were limited 1st shift positions available. If you don't mind working their other shifts, then I say go for it, it's a good place to work.
Pros
A management team that actually listens to it's employees
Cons
Not a big fan of the new shift schedule
Blacks
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  UxbridgeFebruary 7, 2016
The company didn't really have a solid management structure. I personally believe that the company needed to really look at allowing a work/ life balance as you was expected to do over time most days.
Cons
long hours, no credit for meeting or exceeding targets. No incentives or discounts for employees.
great customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 2, 2016
i worked for this company full time and let me tell you that customer service is number one! thats the best part to me is just making the customer happy. when it is not busy they expect the store to be spotless which is sometimes impossible if there is only two people working.

The manager at the fashion outlet mall is the worst. she is very hypocritical and only recognizes the things you do good when you have done something bad. she will only notice her favorites but if you are not her favorite then dont even think about getting a "great job!"

i loved working with the other employees but some of them will turn on you just to get on the managers good side. you pretty much have to defend for yourself and i never thought that it would be like that.

so if you are looking to wokr at clarks i would advise not to work at the one in fashion outlet mall.
Pros
customer service
Cons
managers talk about you to others, managers will tell others what you two talked about in private
Fun but not where I want to be forever
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with and product, however, the hours are unstable and the drive from my home is an hour each way which wastes time of my day. It's definitely not the worst job in the world, just not where I want to be at this point in my life.
Fast paced environment working directly with the public
Full-time Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 6, 2016
Customers come first, even when there's a million other things to do, like stock management, training, reports, transfers, order look ups... So as full time/management, things could and would get stressful at times. Working non-consistent retail hours would feel like a roller coaster. I loved my fellow employees, but the management took advantage of our willingness to work hard and above expectation, without any compensation for the efforts taken.
Pros
Deep discount on product
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed, scheduling was never in advance
Clean and casual environment
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 13, 2015
Clarks offered a nice work environment in the storefront but the stockroom was always a challenge. So many shipments with very little space to accommodate them all.
Pros
They supply you with a pair of Clarks
Cons
the pay
Fun work place, and people can get to know you, and trust yah
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MANovember 11, 2015
I honestly can say that Clark's it's better than most jobs at the mall. despite the short time I had there, I had a blast working for them. If I could work for them, I definitely would.
Great Workplace
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 27, 2015
The work days go by fast and easy, I learned a lot about how a warehouse or factory has a bunch of jobs that all affect each other, the management was excellent, co-workers were great fun people, hardest part of the job is standing for the entire shift, best part of the job is getting stuff done and feeling good about it.
Pros
free coffee, good people, occasional free lunches, nice breakroom.
Cons
short breaks
A Full Disclosure Place to Work
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 7, 2015
Clarks really tries to take your opinions into consideration. They were relocating to a new facility and not only did they attempted to keep everyone in the loop on what's going on but they also gave their best efforts in finding a desirable position for the worker. The hardest part of the job is if some important piece of machinery breaks down, it can really back you up on your work for the rest of the day. The most enjoyable part was probably the freedom of not having someone looking over your shoulder every five minutes and the management trusting you're are doing a good job.
Pros
A trust between workers and management.
Cons
Low Chance of Closing for Weather Conditions, so it might be tough getting to work if you live a good distance away.
Productive and Fun!
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJJuly 13, 2015
Always fun but alway productive such as reaching all goals and keeping store to above standards. Its not just about sales or customer service its building relationships with customers.
Best shoemaker in the world
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  The WoodlandsJuly 11, 2015
Excellent to work for a company as Clarks. Great compensation and benefits,. The top in Job security. Traning and certification for managers will be provided.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Difficulties trying to get a transfer
Clark Shoes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
To work at clarks, you learn a lot about the classic shoes and how to to wear those shoes. The management team are very involve with the employee needs and always asking for feed back as how the store could get better. The co workers are all teammates and all are willing to help each others. The hardest part of the job is maybe dealing with the heat from the Florida weather. The most Enjoyable parrt of the job is meeting new people from all over the world
Professional
Director of Engineering Operations (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 10, 2015
Working with a diverse, experienced team of co-workers devoted to excellence in shoe design and engineering. Provided support and training to all PLM users worldwide. Directed a team in performing various responsibilities within the engineering, commercialization and PLM departments.
Pros
Fun and interesting work environment
Cons
Global restructuring leading to uncertainty