Clarks Employee Reviews

productive work place
Certified High Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 23, 2017
typical day would include driving different types of equipment as far as high lifts, walkie riders, reach trucks to move product in and out of the building.
Laid back
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
The company is not the greatest if you do not have a full time. great for part time if you have a nice manager. I was lucky enough to have a very understanding and flexible manager.
It's a straight forward work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 21, 2017
The daily routines at Clark's are for the most part the same, but it is not my first retail job. I like it because we have specific realistic sales goals to meet, as well as are designated specific tasks to be completed during each shift. It is also great because the employee discount is awesome.
Great experience!
Sales Associate, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJMay 16, 2017
Clarks has been a great experience from the get-go. It is a great starter for anyone who is trying to get into the retail-client world. Unlike any other retail company, Clarks has been proven time and time again to be a wonderful place to work.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 16, 2017
It is a very calm place to work depending on where you are located. It can get pretty buys, and the environment is filled mainly with much older people
Pros
50 percent off shoes/ free pair of shoes
Cons
30 min break, part time
Productive and fun working envirionment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making sales to customers, restocking shoes, running the register, and cleaning the store. While working here I learned how to talk to customers in a professional manner as well as take inventory.
Decent
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 4, 2017
Clarks has a great foundation, but they need some work with focusing on what is important. The work days are very long with a small personal life. They need to show more value for employees as well as remember it's not all about work work work.
Pros
Good benifits and awesome incentives.
Cons
No home life
There was a reason this business closed
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2017
The job itself was fine. I was asked to come and manage customer service by a former employee of mine at Hhgregg. When the company went bankrupt we learned that all of our insurance premiums never made it to the provider leaving us with thousands of dollars in medical bills that were never paid.
Pay could be better.
Convenience Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 1, 2017
Excellent company. Nothing was bad about working here. The company sold out otherwise would have been a fast growing company,
Excellent quality management who did an outstanding job in taking care of there people.
Pros
Working area
Cons
Pay needed to be better.
Regional Management disorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAApril 28, 2017
I have always been good at sales and made the goal every time I was working. During sales competitions I would always drive the most sales and win the gift card awards. I never once saw any of those gift cards or incentives.

The stock room should be clean and organized. During major sale weekends we should be on the floor selling. My regional manager told me it's more important to be in the back then up in the front selling when I was the top salesmen. He did not know how to manage time very well and wanted things to be done at the wrong times. Very different visions from the Regional and District Managers which made it a difficult environment in the store.

The store and the people that worked in the store were great, and management should have given them more credit. If we make our goal we are doing the company right. Once we got a new regional manager that wasn't qualified for this position the sales went down because of the disorganization.
Good place to gain experience and grow.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 25, 2017
Its a good place to gain experience. I would recommend as a first job not necessarily to move up in the company. They're really good at working with what ever schedule you have, the managers are really nice and lenient. Regional and District manager don't ever listen to employee feedback or often don't respond or get things we need.
Pros
Works with school schedule
Cons
Company doesn't listen to employee feedback
Fast paced but a fun work place.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
On a typical day, greet customers as they walk in, know the product and have a great attitude to make a sale. When new shipments arrive, you help with labeling and placement in the shelves as well as in the store front (new shoes).
Pros
Inside a mall.
Clarks used to care!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 13, 2017
Clarks was a company that used to care about it's employees. But that has all changed with the new top executives all store management has received pay cuts. Where as corporate's pay has remained the same. It used to be commissioned and is now hourly. Only reason it doesn't receive 1 star is they promote from within and great discount and health benefits for full time employees
Pros
Great discount, benefits
Cons
Not even close to comparable pay, long hours
great store sucky company
SALES/STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYApril 12, 2017
I loved my store I worked in soho. but the company sucks they don't appreciate their workers and everything is a popularity contest and if you are willing to play hunger games clarks shoes addition then sign up the pay is cool.
Pros
free shoes
Fun place to work at
Field service rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2017
The work place and culture was great the people you meet and work with are also great. The hardest part of the job was all the traveling I did. The change of management was quite often so that was also kind of hard to deal with as every management team had a different mentality.
Pros
Benefits were great and a free pair of shoes a year also helps.
Cons
I was never home, the change of management was quite often.
Great co workers and customers
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 6, 2017
I will start by saying the customers and co-workers are great. However, changes in upper management have resulted in changes for the negative for the company. It started with major errors made by the CEO causing major changes in company focus. The company cared for employees and their development. Now they do not. They recently decreased salaries for everyone but top executives.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Compensation, upper management
Good summer job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEApril 4, 2017
This was a good summer job. Not a career for me but it was nice while it lasted. You will not get paid much for working as a sales associate so don't waste your time trying to make a living.
Pros
Cool work enviroment
Cons
20 hours a week
it was a fun place to work a lots of opportunity to grow.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJApril 4, 2017
Although most days are challenging if you have the love for retail this is a job that can be enjoyed on many levels. Every employee is educated in the work field and all new employees are trained thoroughly. My time and experience with this company has definitely added to my retail skills.
Decent environment, sucky pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 3, 2017
It was a decent company to work for, the managers were very nice and helpful to the newbies. I just hated the fact that it was commission only. Its a high end shoe store, (shoes starting at $55), and the shoes are made for comfort not fashion. Hard to sell to new customers who didn't know the brand. You really need to have the gift of sales for this job.
Pros
Great co-workers, free products, generous employee discount
Cons
commission only
great for the short term
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 3, 2017
the store it self is wonderful with happy people the company leaves something to be desired on a long term bases. they make promises they can't keep,
Pros
great work environment
Cons
poor work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.