Clarkson University Employee Reviews in United States

Worst employer ever!
Worker (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 29, 2016
They hate the union, very vindictive. Everyone their is scared of management because of the the way they treat people. Feel sorry for the workers here.
Fun College Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 18, 2016
Clarkson provided me with a great 4 years filled with learning and enjoyment. I got the opportunity to travel, and meet very interesting professors and advisors. I was able to conduct my own undergraduate research as well.
School Benefits
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 5, 2016
The university allows employees to take courses up to twelve credit hours at no cost, roughly 2 courses per semester. Most graduate courses are in the evening, so it doesn't intervene with working hours.
Good University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 4, 2016
- Good place to just focus on research
- I have learned to keep working on complicated problems
-Learning new things is the most joyful part of the job
Pros
everything is accesseble
Cons
very cold city
Worked as a student worker, okay environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYDecember 14, 2015
Worked at the various food places on campus with changing roles. Roles included, barista, cashier and food service worker.
Great School, Great People, Free food for poor student.
Prospective Transfer Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYSeptember 21, 2015
I helped Clarkson whenever the opportunity saw fit, mainly because they did so much to help me in the pursuit of my professional career. There was the added bonus of delicious meals every time you presented at an event.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2015
I like working in Clarkson and being a student there. Adequate salary. Adequate Benefits. I get to work with very smart people, it can be a great place to learn and grow
Good Place to work
Research Associate, Shipp Polymer Research Group (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYMay 3, 2015
Challenging work love the place but it is time to advance in my career
I have leaned quite a lot. My work here was on the development of polymer - based drug delivery systems
Pros
Flexible hours
Very Teaching Oriented Workplace
BAJA SPEED Team Clarkson University (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 15, 2015
We worked in teams to build a car up from scratch on the university garage. The working environment was very creative and very educational.
Good Company to Work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  PotsdamJanuary 19, 2015
Friendly work Environment
Nice work Environment
many things to learn
Less Pay
Good Learning Expereince
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYOctober 2, 2014
Good to work with professors in various fields like Environmental supply Chain, Marketing and Accounting
fun with data
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYSeptember 23, 2014
this is one of my part time jobs when i was in college. Entering data could be boring for many people, but i found a way to have fun out of it: looking for the different numbers of some sheets.
Graduate Assistant while obtaining a MBA
Graduate Assistant & Consultant (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Most of my work was research and data mining. I was directed by a wonderful professor at the School of Business at Clarkson University. I also assisted with in-class activities and research assignments. The hardest part of the position was imputing data for the Professors research and the best part was working closely with the professor of strategy. I was fortunate enough to learn a lot from her through one on one interaction.
A great university
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJuly 3, 2014
I learned a lot while researching for my master's degree at Clarkson University. I was able to work independently, but still received periodic advice from my advisor. My professors and peers helped me to learn and grow.
arkson University promotes strong work ethics
WCKN TV (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJuly 2, 2014
An independent technological university in Potsdam, New York, offering engineering, business, science, health sciences, and liberal arts.
Clarkson is a great institution - the biology program I was part of was small, but energetic!
Assistant Professor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYMay 8, 2014
Clarkson is a gem. A great place for students and faculty to interact to acheive the highest educational experience possible. I had wonderful colleagues there, great students, and a great experience.

The hardest part of the job was that our department (Biology) was small and did not have access to equipment funds needed to bring the students experiences in state of the art analyses. That said, we did a fine job, and students had great educational and critical skill development experiences!
Pros
great colleagues, great students, beautifuls etting
Cons
lack of resources for the biology department
Chemical Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 16, 2014
Clarkson is a great place to work! The university is small so it has a community feel to it. The downside of working here is really the surrounding area. There's nothing around except farm land and barns that have half fallen down. I love my job, the flexibility, and the university community. I hate living in Potsdam.
very friendly environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYMarch 27, 2014
It is very exciting to be a member of clarkson group. I learnt time management, team work, and to handle challenging tasks. My co-workers are very friendly, cooperative and intelligent. The hardest part is to grade exams. Most enjoyable part is teaching.
Clarkson University is the third smallest nationally ranked research university
Mechanical Engineer, CFD Researcher (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJanuary 7, 2014
I like working in Clarkson. It is located in a small area, which is much peaceful and beautiful. Clarkson produces remarkably effective engineers, scientists, health professionals, business people, and creative leaders who easily engage. I enjoyed my relationship with faculties and staffs.

Clarkson University has a large computer facility with 80 node cluster .
professional
Lab Experience (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYDecember 20, 2013
Great challenging university. Professors care about their students, and participating in labs is a great way to be practical and get a taste of a real world job