Clarkson University Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Usher (Current Employee) –  Cheel ArenaMay 1, 2017
Working at Cheel Arena as an usher is a great time. You get to assist people to their seats, have some good chats, and also watch some good college hockey.
Productive and fun place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 5, 2017
The environment here is very friendly and you have access to many facilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday and also have opportunity to teach your knowledge to undergraduate students.
Hands on Learning experience that is engaging and fun
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYMarch 6, 2017
On a typical day, I ensure that all the products and supplies required for are business are available. I track the inventory for the business and provide low cost products with high profit margins. I also manage the supplier relations.
Pros
free snacks
Excellent organization.
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Very strongly positioned at the forefront of scientific research and development. Excellent facilities and first class leadership.
Again ... redundancy
Adjunct Professor of Accounting and Finance (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYFebruary 12, 2017
I beginning to believe there's something wrong with your software application driving this questionnaire. How many times to I have to go through this?
Great Experience
Teaching Assistant (Statistics) (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJanuary 27, 2017
I am given the maximum support needed by my supervisor as well as needed feedback required to help me improve upon my skills. I will say everyday is worth looking forward to.
Helped me grow, and helped me help others grow.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Clarkson University is a unique university, in how much it encourages peer mentoring and peer education. I worked as a T.A for a bio-molecular class/lab a year after I had taken it. Far from just being a grader I ended up doing a lot of hands on work with the student body. Teaching the materiel to other students solidified the knowledge in my mind as well. over all a very rewarding experience.
Good small town university
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYOctober 17, 2016
Good small town university, quite, good to learn if you work hard. Decent technical facilities and student facilities are improving.
Nice place to gain hands on experience
Web Programmer (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Working as a student staff could really implement what I learn in class to the actual field. it teaches me a lot. and technical supervisor is also very helpful
Turning laboratory data to numerical model
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Research on debris jam numerical modelling as my thesis topic, working with a group of professors and other graduate students, lab experiments coupled with numerical modelling
extermely productive environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYAugust 29, 2016
Well organized university, professional supervisors, friendly environment, knowledgeable professors and wide access to advanced technology and source codes
Pros
Located in very cozy town
suitable place for PhD life
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 16, 2016
Through my job, I gained individual and team work experience, a variety of skills ranging from laboratory techniques to time management between multi task projects and overall a better career/ social life balance.
Amazing Atmosphere
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYMay 17, 2016
Everyone was there to teach and really enjoyed what they did. Management was always helpful and patient. I learned so much by teaching others but the most valuable thing I gained from this experience was the ability to pass information to a large group verbally in such a way that they could act on it.
Worst employer ever!
Worker (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 29, 2016
They hate the union, very vindictive. Everyone their is scared of management because of the the way they treat people. Feel sorry for the workers here.
Fun College Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 18, 2016
Clarkson provided me with a great 4 years filled with learning and enjoyment. I got the opportunity to travel, and meet very interesting professors and advisors. I was able to conduct my own undergraduate research as well.
School Benefits
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 5, 2016
The university allows employees to take courses up to twelve credit hours at no cost, roughly 2 courses per semester. Most graduate courses are in the evening, so it doesn't intervene with working hours.
Good University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYApril 4, 2016
- Good place to just focus on research
- I have learned to keep working on complicated problems
-Learning new things is the most joyful part of the job
Pros
everything is accesseble
Cons
very cold city
Worked as a student worker, okay environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYDecember 14, 2015
Worked at the various food places on campus with changing roles. Roles included, barista, cashier and food service worker.
Great School, Great People, Free food for poor student.
Prospective Transfer Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYSeptember 21, 2015
I helped Clarkson whenever the opportunity saw fit, mainly because they did so much to help me in the pursuit of my professional career. There was the added bonus of delicious meals every time you presented at an event.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2015
I like working in Clarkson and being a student there. Adequate salary. Adequate Benefits. I get to work with very smart people, it can be a great place to learn and grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarkson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2