Clarkson University Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Research Associate, Shipp Polymer Research Group (Current Employee), Potsdam, NYMay 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Challenging work love the place but it is time to advance in my career
I have leaned quite a lot. My work here was on the development of polymer - based drug delivery systems
Very Teaching Oriented Workplace
BAJA SPEED Team Clarkson University (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYApril 15, 2015
We worked in teams to build a car up from scratch on the university garage. The working environment was very creative and very educational.
Good Company to Work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), PotsdamJanuary 19, 2015
Friendly work Environment
Nice work Environment
many things to learn
Less Pay
Good Learning Expereince
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Potsdam, NYOctober 2, 2014
Good to work with professors in various fields like Environmental supply Chain, Marketing and Accounting
fun with data
Student Worker (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYSeptember 23, 2014
this is one of my part time jobs when i was in college. Entering data could be boring for many people, but i found a way to have fun out of it: looking for the different numbers of some sheets.
Graduate Assistant while obtaining a MBA
Graduate Assistant & Consultant (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Most of my work was research and data mining. I was directed by a wonderful professor at the School of Business at Clarkson University. I also assisted with in-class activities and research assignments. The hardest part of the position was imputing data for the Professors research and the best part was working closely with the professor of strategy. I was fortunate enough to learn a lot from her through one on one interaction.
A great university
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYJuly 3, 2014
I learned a lot while researching for my master's degree at Clarkson University. I was able to work independently, but still received periodic advice from my advisor. My professors and peers helped me to learn and grow.
arkson University promotes strong work ethics
WCKN TV (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYJuly 2, 2014
An independent technological university in Potsdam, New York, offering engineering, business, science, health sciences, and liberal arts.
Clarkson is a great institution - the biology program I was part of was small, but energetic!
Assistant Professor of Biology (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: great colleagues, great students, beautifuls etting
Cons: lack of resources for the biology department
Clarkson is a gem. A great place for students and faculty to interact to acheive the highest educational experience possible. I had wonderful colleagues there, great students, and a great experience.

The hardest part of the job was that our department (Biology) was small and did not have access to equipment funds needed to bring the students experiences in state of the art analyses. That said, we did a fine job, and students had great educational and critical skill development experiences!
Chemical Research Technician (Current Employee), Potsdam, NYApril 16, 2014
Clarkson is a great place to work! The university is small so it has a community feel to it. The downside of working here is really the surrounding area. There's nothing around except farm land and barns that have half fallen down. I love my job, the flexibility, and the university community. I hate living in Potsdam.
very friendly environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Potsdam, NYMarch 27, 2014
It is very exciting to be a member of clarkson group. I learnt time management, team work, and to handle challenging tasks. My co-workers are very friendly, cooperative and intelligent. The hardest part is to grade exams. Most enjoyable part is teaching.
Clarkson University is the third smallest nationally ranked research university
Mechanical Engineer, CFD Researcher (Current Employee), Potsdam, NYJanuary 7, 2014
I like working in Clarkson. It is located in a small area, which is much peaceful and beautiful. Clarkson produces remarkably effective engineers, scientists, health professionals, business people, and creative leaders who easily engage. I enjoyed my relationship with faculties and staffs.

Clarkson University has a large computer facility with 80 node cluster .
professional
Lab Experience (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYDecember 20, 2013
Great challenging university. Professors care about their students, and participating in labs is a great way to be practical and get a taste of a real world job
Review
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Potsdam, NY 13699November 22, 2013
I experienced team work presentation and networking at Clarkson University
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYMay 27, 2013
i was there for an internship so there was no room for advancement and no benefits but enjoyed my time working there thouroughly/
North Country
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYMarch 22, 2013
A lot of snow
nice people help each other
productive envirnoment
Equips students with the insight and skills to advance in the real world
Clarkson Consulting- Consultant (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Rigorous 1-year mba program prepares students for the fast paced work environment while also meeting and exceeding expectations at school.
Fun
Arena Staff (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYDecember 28, 2012
Very poorly run school but a fun atmosphere with co workers.
Research place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Potsdam, NYOctober 6, 2012
Routine experiments
learned colloidal chemistry
Management depends labs
Coworkers are easy going
Hardest part is to get the project work
Enjoyable part is to get the project work
Excellent experience at an esteemed University
Psychology Teaching Assistant and Grader (Former Employee), Potsdam, NYApril 20, 2012
Proctored exam and quizzes to students, then collected test material to be graded.
Grading was done over a two day period, three days on the weekend.
The courses that I graded and TA'd for were Introduction to Psychology, Human Sexuality, and The Psychology of Psychoactive drugs. This helped me stay current with new information in the fields and led me to self teach new material to myself.
My management was very professional and "people-based." My manager cared about my well-being in a genuine manner and always accommodated my work schedule around my own examinations and research articles.
The hardest part of my job was not annoying my friends about how excited I was to be working at the University with students.
I enjoyed literally every aspect of my position while at Clarkson, and this extended to my student life as well.