Classic Party Rentals Employee Reviews in United States

Fellow employees were great, management sucked!
Maintenance Repairman (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 18, 2015
All the money is in management and above. Management, Always had an excuse not to give you a raise in salary. Before our company was bought by Classic, we use to get dollar raises at anytime if the owner thought you deserved it. It took 4 years for me to get a $.50 raise from Classic and I was one of the lucky one's. They always had an excuse for you not to get a raise. All the Mexican workers, would ask for a raise and management would tell them that they need to learn English. Some good things corporate did, was to give each store money each month to go buy gifts to raffle off during the special lunch. Also, corporate gave every store money to have a Christmas party. Unfortunately, our GM would decide onhis own, thst we did need the monthly special lunch or the Christmas party. One year thinking that we wouldn't find out what he did was to give the whole $500 to one empolyee and not tell us.t
Pros
once a month, gifts raffle during a special lunch, gave each store money for Christmas party every year, corporate rented buses for all the stores to give us a thank you party at Treasure Island.
Cons
Hard to get an raise, you never had a defined job description, never had our every six month evaluation
Not recommended.
Warehouse / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 6, 2015
Seasonal Employment. Half of the year there is no work available. No benefits package. No potential for advancement. Worked from 6 am to 6 pm. some days until 12 am. Co-workers were great to work with, learned how to assemble various sized tents and stages for major events. The hardest part of the job was the assembly of our largest tents and stages for our clients needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving the paycheck.
Pros
Extended overtime.
Cons
Half of the year there is no work.
Great products
Outside Event Consultant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Poor customer service model.
Poor direction of management no clear direction for driving sales and or taking care of current clinet
Pros
Great products
Cons
no direction and poor management
Great Produts poor management
Outside Event Consultant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Poor customer service and management great products worked on many great events but company so not successful in execution of the events
Once a great company to work for
Inside Operations Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAMarch 11, 2016
Although I benefited from a great learning experience with well seasoned industry veterans during the early stages of the end to a pinnacle time in the company. It is sad to say that with so many changes in a minimal time span it caused a once great company that promoted family values, business forwardness, and friendly + unity environment to sink and begin to flounder among the industry.
great work environment
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2016
nice work environment , great co workers , and awesome managment . got to travel places and meet some beautiful people ,Got to set up parties for famous people .
Pros
travel and meet people.
Cons
always in a hurry .
Productive and all day delivering and installing
Warehouse/Installer (Former Employee) –  Buellton, CAMarch 30, 2016
I really like the hands on training and the on going tasks makes the day go by quicker and i liked the traveling to other cities and seeing new places and you work in a environment where everyone helps each other to do one job.
Longs hours and great over time.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2015
this company has a great work environment,friendly people, great management and good pay. If you like working with people this job is perfect for you
Pros
great pay
Cons
NO CONS
Inspiring and bustling environment.
Content Manager/Product Photographer (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CASeptember 17, 2015
Enjoyable work culture where everyday brings new challenges. Challenges not only to find solutions in assisting clients but to push ones self in personal growth development.
Pros
Production driven environment
Cons
High turnover
Excellent company to work for!!!
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 27, 2015
Work/life balance is indeed yes. Lay back company. Fun people to work with. Management was caring about their employees. A lot of employees had been working for this company for many many years.
Enjoyable environment to work.
Truck/forklift driver, loading/unloading trucks (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2016
Work lots of hours. Enjoy working with people. The company will let you temporarily go to other locations during sloe periods.
Eventful
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 21, 2016
Beautiful, decorative, pretty, eventful industry to work for. Constantly surrounded with beauty and elegance that changes with the seasons and time.
Fun workplace in which i got to travel
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILMay 3, 2016
I was able to obtain alot of skills. I have gotten to set up events in which it is amazing to see the area go from blank to a canvas with tents.
very productive, fast paced and enjoyable environement
Dispatcher/sales (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 1, 2015
i started working for classic party rentals in 2007 as their receptionist and worked my way up to their logistics department as dispatcher. i was given the opportunity to help them run the logistics department and service hundreds of there customers. i learned how to work with different individuals create different problem solving startegies fit for given situations wether it be worked related or personal. i enjoyed the fast paced environment, it was never a dull moment with our daily operations. The biggest issue was the turn around on managment. which lead to an unfair work place. even through hardwork and dedication you were expendable and replaceable due to the constant rotation of management.other than that i loved my job and my co-workers
Pros
servicing clients, working with co-workers and being a team
Cons
health care, tution reimburstment, management turn around(very often)
Fun and diverse working environment
Linen Dept worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 7, 2015
Sorted, washed, and ironed table linens, worked with great co workers my manager was really great and they always rewarded workers when they were doing a good job
Pros
great co workers
Cons
long drive for me
Productive work, running into a lot of great coworkers, and customers.
Shipping / Receiving / Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 30, 2015
A typical day at work, we would start by either going out on routes, delivering party rental equipment, or staying at the warehouse maintaining the equipment (polishing or washing chairs, etc.) until needed for a route. Management was always cool, they were the type to get in on the work instead of just telling the workers what was needed to be done. All of the fellow workers were also fun to work with. It made work days go by a lot smoother. The hardest part of the job was probably when we would have to take down huge parties like one we did at the Stockton Arena, this was also the most enjoyable, because the challenge was a fun thing to overcome.
slow and dull
Warehouse helper / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CASeptember 26, 2015
clock in and pick and pull orders, receive and keep track of inventory
create invoices and take inventory again at end of day after preparing daily orders.
Pros
Cons
short breaks and aggressive environment
I'll work there again.
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2012
A typical day at work,was to make sure all company trucks were service. I learned that even the job seems unbearable sometimes.you still have to keep a kool head. Management was hard to deal with sometimes but we work through it. Co-workers we were like family. we always help each other out. there was no hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you learnerd something every day about this company.
Pros
being awarded for a great job well done.
Cons
at times we work, really long hours. really long!
poor work ethics
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 19, 2014
long hours, no compensation for time, no employee appreciation or incentives, management lacked in procedures. half hour lunches and no breaks
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
no breaks, bad benefits
Great Company to Work for
Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2015
This company is great. Team work is a must and I enjoyed every minute of working with Classic Party Rentals. They filed for bankruptcy two days after I was hired and I felt that I needed to be with a more financially stable company as this is my career not just a job. I thoroughly enjoyed working there.