Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Building facility
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 9, 2017
The facilities are not kept clean. The floors are disgusting and there are bug issues. The CEO gives the impression that he is inclusive and listens to stakeholders' concerns.
Pros
Stability
Cons
unclean work environment
Highly productive environment
Teacher, Department Chair, Consultative Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 24, 2017
Our environment is very structured and regulated by bells and schedules. Teachers are required to man duty post, be in their prospective classes, manage attendance and grade books, implement classroom management skills as well as collaborate with grade level and curriculum teachers and teach the standards, attend meetings, stay in contact with parents and many other duties and responsibilities. If you are an organized person, computer literate and you have good time management skills you will do well in this environment.
Pros
Learn something new everyday
Cons
Short breaks and very little lunch periods
Leadership needs to strengthen for support staff
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GA 30236October 29, 2017
Leadership has to address employee moral and needs for opportunities. Great work schedule for employees. Environment has room for growth to improve efficiency.
Teaching
Science Educator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAOctober 23, 2017
Great place to grow and learn. Great place to develop relationships. Teaching is a difficult job where ever one works. The profession is changing rapidly.
Pros
growth development
Cons
lack of funding
Substitute Teacher - K-5 Typical Classroom
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 16, 2017
Pending the grade level, each group presents its rewards and challenges. Smaller children absorb almost everything you throw at them, while older children may need more attention if they have fallen behind. Older children are starting to enter into the tween years and need to be positively redirected often.

Overall, the experience is what you bring to it. If you enjoy teaching and have patience, the job is very rewarding for the teacher as well as the students.
Pros
The joy of seeing the "light bulb" come on when a child grasp the concept of a subject.
Cons
You have to coordinate with another teacher to watch the class for rest roombreaks.
Great faculty
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 23, 2017
Great colleague environment and good administrative support. Stressful because all the demands and obligations as a teacher one has to meet.
Lunch schedule, very short.
Pros
Great faculty, good administration
Cons
Stressful obligations
Good work and teaching environments
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 18, 2017
Educating children, Dealing with children from various social/economics backgrounds is quite the challenge. Teaching is secondary in most cases because you have to teach respect and basic functions first. Clayton teachers are to be commended with how they tackle this challenge each day...
It was manageable.
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 14, 2017
It was manageable. I worked there for six years of my ten years in public education. The principal and administration were positive. However, it was too far to commute once I sold my house in South Dekalb County.
Children
Paraprofessional (EBD Setting) (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GA 30236September 9, 2017
The pay isnt the best at all however, the benefits can somewhat make up for what is lost in pay.
More money should be added in my opinion, but it is what it is.
I enjoy meeting and teaching the new Millenium.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 3, 2017
Spending hours communicating with children about career choices and listening to their many dreams and aspirations in life. I give my opinion and students follow instructions and directions on chapters in a textbook or computer knowledge facts.
Pros
I have a flexable schedule.
Cons
I often get attached to a child that graduates.

Want to know more about Clayton County Public Schools?

Ask a question
Good luck
Athletic Stadium Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 30, 2017
Typical line of leadership, unprofessional environment in many ways. In addition, allows one with ambitions to move forward and leave. Hope for better leadership in the years to come
Terrible pay
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 30, 2017
The district is unorganized along with lack of consistency throughout district. The pay is not good for support staff, in order to live decent support staff must have other sources of income
benefits
Cons
once a month terrible pay
Rewarding but Stressful
DES Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAAugust 28, 2017
I have worked for CCPS for 14 years. Although the job can be quite rewarding, it can also be very stressful. The best part of the job is seeing that light bulb finally come on with a student. They finally have mastered the task. That is an awesome feeling to have been the person to see it through. The worst part of the job are the children that have no discipline. The schools no longer discipline the children and we are left with many behaviors that hinder our ability to teach. Overall the company is good.
This was a great learning experience
Spanish I Teacher 10th - 12th Grade (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed teaching. I am still in contact with some of my former students.I enjoyed working with young lives and making a difference in not only their academic lives, but their home lives as well.
Love that I can get in all the county games free.
Nutrition Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 27, 2017
I enjoy working at CCPS. I like the fact that I can retire from the school and that I can always transfer to another school. I love the fact that I am off on the weekend and holidays because I have a small son and I am a single mother. I Cant work the weekends. I also love the fact that I get off at a good time where I can still do what I need to do when I get off. Love the benefits. The bonuses could improve. I Really hate the fact that we get paid monthly. I think it should be weekly or Bi-weekly
Teachers are treated poorly
English Language Learner Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 14, 2017
In some instances, teachers are threatened when they attempt to leave the district. I have heard of some teachers being told that if they leave the district for any reason, they could not return for 2 years.
solid job
Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 9, 2017
A good place to work great hours and paid holidays. Pay could be better but this isn't your corporate type of job. Enjoyable to work and do something positive for the students.
Family oriented
Teacher (Gifted) (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 9, 2017
Very large county, many failing schools due to poor discipline from the students, parents and administration. It wasn't all bad especially with those students who want to be there and learn. Great technology and resources, many opportunities to make money.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
discipline issues
Productive and fun place to work.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAAugust 3, 2017
I enjoy working with the students and staff members. I enjoy the various vacation days we receive and paid holidays. All of my children attend Clayton County Schools, and I love working on the same schedule.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Hours
Off In the summer with PAY!
Nutrition Worker (Current Employee) –  Clayton County, GAJuly 31, 2017
Working with the school system is very enjoyable! You are off no later than 3pm every day, off on weekends and holidays, school breaks and summer vacation! The only negative is that you get paid ONCE a month! The very last day of the month unless it's on a weekend ! And the pay is little so just imagine trying to manage 800/900 a MONTH! Most employees here have second jobs !