Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

fast yet fun work enviroment
Nutrition Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 29, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. The paid holiday time off is a plus. There is also plenty of room to grow. This is a company that promotes from within.
Fun work place with supportive co-workers
Interim Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
It is a place where you will get valuable training. Great use of Professional Learning communities. The hours may be long because community building is a focus
Pros
Great experience to gain skills
Cons
no duty free lunch
Nutrition Assistant
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GANovember 14, 2015
Responsible for providing customer service to all students and staff being served, preparation of food and condiments, cooking, cleaning, serving, stocking shelves, coolers/freezers along with feeding over 1400 a day.
Pros
Free meals, short hours, weekends, holidays off and over summer pay
Cons
$700 a month pay check on the 30th of each month, great benefits tho
cumbersome
Office Aide - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 6, 2015
Lacked administrative support to be truly successful and progress within the system. The district lacks effective and consistent leadership, which hurts students, families, and staff alike.
A Weekly Look
Executive Director of Teaching & Learning (Current Employee) –  Clayton County Administrative ComplexSeptember 24, 2015
Day starts at 5 a.m.
Arrive in the office at 8:00a.m.
Weekly visits to schools and programs
Community meetings
Weekly meetings with staff
Pros
Researched based curriculum, compliance is a factor in meeting goals for the district and department, fun people to work with
Cons
Staff turnover
Awesome place to work and interact with families
After School Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 10, 2015
A fast paced working environment with awesome healthcare benefits. Work was repetitious but had to be very detail oriented. Management was always there to help and co-workers were more like family! Awesome experience.
Pros
Very inexpensive healthcare
Cons
Only paid once a month
Learning environment with exceptional educators
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 29, 2015
The culture in the Clayton county educational system with fellow educators was one of the best in my career. As an tech and engineering technology instructor, I was able to bring my experiences as a technician directly into the classroom adn build foundations of learning for young minds in the middle school grade levels. Lots of fulfillment in that role.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day/year
Cons
Poor pay
Committed and dedicated teacher. Very productive and creative
Teach EIP first grade (Former Employee) –  Lake Ridge Elementary SchoolsJuly 16, 2015
I enjoy working with children. My goal is to produce global competitive learners. I learned excellent strategies through professional development classes to excite the appetite of learning. I also learned to differentiate instruction to meet various needs.
I enjoyed working with the kids watching them learn.
Full Time Math Teacher and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 11, 2015
My coworkers and administration were very pleasant to work with. This is a job that requires a lot of time and dedication. Your work doesn't end when you leave work, when you get home there is planning and grading papers to do.
Pros
Watching your kids grow and learn
Cons
Working day and night to prepare lessons
Fun and Easy work
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 6, 2015
I love the fact that I am able to provide a meal for a child that may not get one at home. The work load is easy and the hours and breaks are great.
Pros
Free Lunch and all breaks the kids get
Cons
Get paid once a month
Productive: Providing services that supported childrens education
Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 26, 2015
A typical day was to complete daily work orders, repair various types of equipment. The work environment had changed; the family of one atmosphere evaporated, thus causing many to leave, some retired, while others would leave to move on to new adventures. During my tenure I acquired new technical skills. I enjoyed the stability of the job; but the loss wages due to the economy was never recovered.
Pros
Work schedule: M-F, Vacation, other school system breaks
Cons
Cancellation of pay raises
Summary
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 12, 2015
Dedicated to using technology to meet the needs of students. CCPS has a vast variety of resources. Hopefully they look at completing a compensation review to help their employees.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Horrible compensation
Na
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GeorgiaJune 7, 2015
Substitute teachers are only allowed to work 4 days a week. They are not allowed to file for unemployment benefits during the summer. And little to no benefits available. Pay has not changed in the last 2 years.
productive work environment where you feel your efforts matter
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 22, 2015
a typical day at work might include checking attendance, following up with parents regarding attendance issues, making home visits for residential verification, scheduling interviews for initial IEP assessments or renewals, attending truancy court, and documentation. I learned a lot about the collaboration of school, community, and family in the well-being of children in the education system. My co-workers were helpful and efficient. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the various needs of the client within the limitations of the system's policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing results.
Pros
Mobile work space and the school calendar
Cons
A fun company to work for.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clayton, GAMay 21, 2015
Clayton County Schools is a good company to work for. I like working with the teachers in which they are very educated and concerned about the students education.
Pros
I have the freedom to chose my days to work.
Cons
I can only work four days a week.
Starter Job
nutrition worker (Current Employee) –  riverdale, gaMay 19, 2015
Working for Clayton County has been an experience for me. Everything isn't perfect but it is a good job to start out with in order to gain experience for other jobs.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
co-workers
Fun place to work
Healthcare Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2015
I love working with the kids getting to see there reaction everyday by placing a smaile on there faces .Helping when I can to each one of my coworker, my job is a very producted place to be at
Pros
FREE LUNCHES WE HAVE
Cons
AND THE FREEDOM TO LEAVE AT MY REGULAR TIME OF THE DAY
* * *
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2015
Clayton County Public School is a diverse system of students and staff.
It presents challenges that require you to be able to go far and above what is typical.
From this I learned much in my early days of education on how to work with many different type of people and learners.
Pros
independant contracter, select where you want to work
Cons
no benefits, low pay, autonomy system of hiring can be bias
very calm environment
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 13, 2015
very sweet, kind , and helpful co-workers, we are all one big family and us teamwork throughout the day. job assignments were always crystal clear, handling new recipes, maintaining temp logs with food was easy, and maintaining a clean environment as well
Pros
daily work hours
Cons
healthcare benefits
A skilled communicator; able to maintain cultural sensitivity, establish rapport with members of diverse groups, and promote team cohesiveness.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 26, 2015
• I hope I have time for this
3. Sort through my e-mail
• Delete worthless messages
• Answer emails
• Sort out those that require more time or extra work to answer
– move them to my to-do list.

8:30-10:30
Since this is my most productive time of day I try to tackle my most demanding project.
This is when I would write important letters, work on a report for the school board, update
or refine a data sheet.

11:00
Great time for meetings. This is a nice to take a break from desk work and it has a
definite end time (lunch)

12:00
Lunch (Away from my desk, because I need to refresh and rejuvenate)

1:00
Return phone calls, respond to emails, work on to-do list

2:30-4:00
Do data entry, send or pay bills, prepare mailings, things that are more routine and
don’t require as much energy. This is a good time to get routine jobs complete.

4:00-5:00
Burst of final effort to complete my to-do list. Sort out things that can be moved
to tomorrow’s list. This time of day is my best ‘sorting’ time – complete short,
easy projects, request information from others for my projects, clean off my desk, etc.
Pros
The ability to have an impact in so many areas, Openness to new ideas, Adaptation to situations.
Cons
The job can run into your personal time and it is hard to get a salary that will compensate that