Clayton County Public Schools

Clayton County Public Schools Employer Reviews

Very Challenging Work Place is where I thrive.
Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher (Current Employee), College Park, GAApril 11, 2014
North Clayton High School allowed me learn and grow in a capacity that would be very challenging to most. My interpersonal skills, and ability to remain calm in any situation is a necessary characteristic that I found quite easy to perform. These characteristics make me a perfect candidate for the position applied for.
Good Company
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: able to help people
Cons: short brakes
Good Company to work for. A driver has the ability to help passengers.
Productive, enjoy working with children
Pre-K Teacher/Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2014
My co-workers are helpful, pleasure to be around, management is great as well. A typical day at work is teaching 4 and 5 year olds how to learn! the most enjoyable part of the day is their nap time ; )
Educating young people is important to me.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GADecember 31, 2013
Pros: i enjoy working with students of any kind
Cons: salary
A typical day includes helping students with daily work,
preparation, explainations, possible testing.

Moving from activity to activity with them.

Helping the teacher with testing and assisiting with keeping records for the students.
Schools are very welcoming.
Sign Language Interpreter (Substitute) (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAOctober 20, 2013
Schools are very good place to work at and educational too. If you love to work with kids and have a little fun this is the ideal place for you.
Working with children was challenging and exciting
Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: being able to share things with students that they could relate to and learn from it.
Cons: having to share negative news to parents
Instilling discipline at the onset of each school year paid off in two-fold. My days were filled with working hard with the students and constantly reminding them that if they left my class without learning something NEW each day, they had been cheated. I had a very good working relations with teachers, cafeteria staff, janitorial staff and management. – more... The hardest part of the job was witnessing families that had to struggle to attain basic needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the expression on a student's face when they "did something that they did not think that they could do." – less
Typical Day
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Rex, GASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: summers off
Cons: low pay
Working for CCPS its a very great place to work if you are a certified teacher but working as a classified employee is not the best because of the low pay. A typical day for me begans with receipting money for field trips and lost books contacting parents if they have written a NSF check to the school. Assisting employees with benefit questions and – more... enrolling in the best insurance for them and their family. Balancing accounts. Making sure money is spent correctly according to ccps board policy. Paying vendors and ordering books and office products. Assisting principal with making appointments to speak with parents. Writing of all budgets and financial plans to submit to the board. – less
Sub Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: making a difference in a childs eyes
Cons: not being able to help them all
A typical day was teaching student the general curriculum. I learned these children have a harder time focusing now then they ever did when I was in school. I managed 10-30 students a day. The hardest part of the day was listen to the students talk about peer pressure but I enjoyed know that I made a difference in a child life.
Easy Going
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: laid back, management is easy to talk to.
Cons: no room for promotion and very little for career advancement
Clayton County Public School is an easy going place to work. I would not suggest it for anyone who is looking for a fast past fast promotion atmosphere. Most employees have been their for years and even decade in the same position. Not much room for promotion.
Nice place to work
Educator--Mathematics and Science (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: summers off
Cons: run by people who dont understand the classroom
it is a typical urban/suburban school system in the Atlanta Metro area. all schools are title I and come with their unique challenges.
alright for new mom
Nutrition worker (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 18, 2013
The hours are great i work from 630- 2 so i am able to be home with my new born most of the day keeps me from feeling like i am missing out. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children and being someone they can talk to.
Worked as needed
Certified Substitute Science Teacher (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 18, 2013
I don't have a strong review. School systems in Clayton County are not the best. Weak administration and acceditation issues.
Great team to work with!
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: shift work hours.
Cons: budget cuts to education and layoffs.
A very busy school system. Great co-workers and supervisors!
Helping students with special projects was enjoyable.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJune 17, 2013
Pros: students were given breakfast, when they did not eat at home.
Cons: students need more recess time.
Taught students through student-directed learning. I learned that many children do want to learn. My co-workers were helpful and considerate. The hardest part of my job was trying not to get too involved with helping students with personal problems. The most enjoyable part of my job was when students learned.
Love so much time off
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAJune 5, 2013
Transported Students to and from school. I learned to be a team player. Great people to work with. Management is somewhat stressed out. I enjoy Summers off.
A good school system
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), North Clayton Middle SchoolApril 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch and summer vacation.
Cons: the pay is not good must have a second income.
I enjoyed working in the cafeteria with the staff of North Clayton Middle School. The staff is friendly and easy to get along with. They treat each staff member like family.
Terrible morale; poor management that affects every aspect of job
Teacher of Preschool HI/SDD (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: students are wonderful!
Cons: low morale--most employees really do not want to be there; salary cut every year
Love teaching and interaction with students! Supervision/supervisors made job almost impossible. Worst environment I have ever experienced. No support.
Fun work place, great team of teachers
Interrelated Special Education - Science Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 12, 2013
I learned what it means to truly care about and want to help your students.
Middle school is fun, exciting, and challenging.
Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 6, 2013
There is never a "typical" day at work when teaching in a middle school, other than the usual administrative duties that an educator must complete throughout each day.
Excellent work environment
Retired educator at present (Former Employee), North Clayton H. S.January 10, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working with all co workers
Cons: tremendous amount of paper work
Enjoyed placing students on jobs, working with local businesses