Clayton County Public Schools Employee Review

View all Clayton County Public Schools reviews

Challenging work environment; lacked culture of productivity and progress.
Special Educator, Retired (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 25, 2013
CCPS was an excellent opportunity to work with dysfunctional young people mainly males. Having also worked in their ICU unit, I gained knowledge of students with Oppositional Defiance Disrder (ODD). After I retired, I kept in touch with a few of the students who did have respect for me. Being the type of educator I am, I extended myself in hope that the students would stray from being so angry and defiant with authority figures. Sadly, the three students I took under my wing ended up in prison.
Pros
Professional development that encouraged me to have hope for the students with ODD.
Cons
The structure, focus on making a difference, external support from the community, and an alternative program I would call a failure, little teamwork, hardly any collaboration, and addministrative support that would engender an atmosphere that support change.

Other Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

consistent employment
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Each day was very unpredictable, one had to be very flexible but often not given the opportunity to be very creative. One could expect a lot of work outside of work areas and coming in on time off to complete the required task.
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Students, parents, teachers, staff and community leaders worked together to provide a positive learning environment for all students.