Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Learning environment with exceptional educators
Teacher (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day/year
Cons: Poor pay
The culture in the Clayton county educational system with fellow educators was one of the best in my career. As an tech and engineering technology instructor, I was able to bring my experiences as a technician directly into the classroom adn build foundations of learning for young minds in the middle school grade levels. Lots of fulfillment in that role.
Committed and dedicated teacher. Very productive and creative
Teach EIP first grade (Former Employee), Lake Ridge Elementary SchoolsJuly 16, 2015
I enjoy working with children. My goal is to produce global competitive learners. I learned excellent strategies through professional development classes to excite the appetite of learning. I also learned to differentiate instruction to meet various needs.
I enjoyed working with the kids watching them learn.
Full Time Math Teacher and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Watching your kids grow and learn
Cons: Working day and night to prepare lessons
My coworkers and administration were very pleasant to work with. This is a job that requires a lot of time and dedication. Your work doesn't end when you leave work, when you get home there is planning and grading papers to do.
Fun and Easy work
Nutrition Services (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch and all breaks the kids get
Cons: Get paid once a month
I love the fact that I am able to provide a meal for a child that may not get one at home. The work load is easy and the hours and breaks are great.
Productive: Providing services that supported childrens education
Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Work schedule: M-F, Vacation, other school system breaks
Cons: Cancellation of pay raises
A typical day was to complete daily work orders, repair various types of equipment. The work environment had changed; the family of one atmosphere evaporated, thus causing many to leave, some retired, while others would leave to move on to new adventures. During my tenure I acquired new technical skills. I enjoyed the stability of the job; but the loss wages due to the economy was never recovered.
Summary
Assistant Principal (Current Employee), Hampton, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Room for growth
Cons: Horrible compensation
Dedicated to using technology to meet the needs of students. CCPS has a vast variety of resources. Hopefully they look at completing a compensation review to help their employees.
NA
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GeorgiaJune 7, 2015
Substitute teachers are only allowed to work 4 days a week. They are not allowed to file for unemployment benefits during the summer. And little to no benefits available. Pay has not changed in the last 2 years.
productive work environment where you feel your efforts matter
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Mobile work space and the school calendar
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work might include checking attendance, following up with parents regarding attendance issues, making home visits for residential verification, scheduling interviews for initial IEP assessments or renewals, attending truancy court, and documentation. I learned a lot about the collaboration of school, community, and family in the well-being of children in the education system. My co-workers were helpful and efficient. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the various needs of the client within the limitations of the system's policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing results.
A fun company to work for.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Clayton, GAMay 21, 2015
Pros: I have the freedom to chose my days to work.
Cons: I can only work four days a week.
Clayton County Schools is a good company to work for. I like working with the teachers in which they are very educated and concerned about the students education.
Starter Job
nutrition worker (Current Employee), riverdale, gaMay 19, 2015
Pros: gaining experience
Cons: co-workers
Working for Clayton County has been an experience for me. Everything isn't perfect but it is a good job to start out with in order to gain experience for other jobs.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Healthcare Technician (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCHES WE HAVE
Cons: AND THE FREEDOM TO LEAVE AT MY REGULAR TIME OF THE DAY
I LOVE WORKING WITH THE KIDS GETTING TO SEE THERE REACTION EVERYDAY BY PLACING A SMAILE ON THERE FACES .HELPING WHEN I CAN TO EACH ONE OF MY COWORKER, MY JOB IS A VERY PRODUCTED PLACE TO BE AT
* * *
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: independant contracter, select where you want to work
Cons: no benefits, low pay, autonomy system of hiring can be bias
Clayton County Public School is a diverse system of students and staff.
It presents challenges that require you to be able to go far and above what is typical.
From this I learned much in my early days of education on how to work with many different type of people and learners.
very calm environment
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAMay 13, 2015
Pros: daily work hours
Cons: healthcare benefits
very sweet, kind , and helpful co-workers, we are all one big family and us teamwork throughout the day. job assignments were always crystal clear, handling new recipes, maintaining temp logs with food was easy, and maintaining a clean environment as well
A skilled communicator; able to maintain cultural sensitivity, establish rapport with members of diverse groups, and promote team cohesiveness.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAApril 26, 2015
Pros: The ability to have an impact in so many areas, Openness to new ideas, Adaptation to situations.
Cons: The job can run into your personal time and it is hard to get a salary that will compensate that
8:00-8:30
• I hope I have time for this
3. Sort through my e-mail
• Delete worthless messages
• Answer emails
• Sort out those that require more time or extra work to answer
– move them to my to-do list.

8:30-10:30
Since this is my most productive time of day I try to tackle my most demanding project.
This is when I would write important letters, work on a report for the school board, update
or refine a data sheet.

11:00
Great time for meetings. This is a nice to take a break from desk work and it has a
definite end time (lunch)

12:00
Lunch (Away from my desk, because I need to refresh and rejuvenate)

1:00
Return phone calls, respond to emails, work on to-do list

2:30-4:00
Do data entry, send or pay bills, prepare mailings, things that are more routine and
don’t require as much energy. This is a good time to get routine jobs complete.

4:00-5:00
Burst of final effort to complete my to-do list. Sort out things that can be moved
to tomorrow’s list. This time of day is my best ‘sorting’ time – complete short,
easy projects, request information from others for my projects, clean off my desk, etc.
Productive and professional environment
Substitute Teacher k-12 (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAApril 23, 2015
Maintain a positive learning atmosphere in the classroom. Disruptive student conduct in class in not acceptable. If serious student behavior problems occur, assistance should be sought from a neighboring teacher or a building administrator.
Secretary II/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 22, 2015
Was very rewarding. Had a wonderful experience. I real y enjoyed the staff. The scores are really high.Great, great that's all I can say.
Gerald McCarter
Art Instructor (Former Employee), College Park, GAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good affordable healthcare, perks, many breaks during year
Cons: very stressful, yearly new levels of accountability, low pay, no raises, limited resourses
A typical day for me was being on the jobsite at 7:00am and reporting to duty. This duty included controlling and regulating the cars, when parents dropped off their kids. After about 45 mins. of this, I would then prepare to teach a full day of class. I taught all aspects of fine art to kids from grade levels of k-5. My work load included six periods which lasted 40 minutes. Classroom management was a big part of the day. My average class size was 35 students per class. It was this way because, I had to teach a full class, plus 1/3 of another class. Many coworkers were good to work with. At the end of the day, I also had evening duty which lasted another 45 minutes. All of this, plus recording grades for the kids was the entirety of my job description. I would say the hardest part of my job was trying to manage about 700 kids in a week under sometimes hostile conditions. The most enjoyable part of my day was actually reaching a child with a positive experience of what art was about.
fast paced work environment
Nutrition Worker (Current Employee), JonesboroMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, insurance, paid breaks
Cons: management
Work is fast paced and rough on most days. We work around children and that can be testing. The best part is being off in the summer and all school breaks.
Typical Teaching Environment
Instructional Advisor (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 17, 2015
Typical teaching experience; Prepare lessons for student engagement; rewarding when you see students actually learn.
Productive and vibrant work atmosphere due students and parents...
Administrative Assistant/ Secretary/ Office Clerk (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: holidays an summers off
Cons: low annual salary, employee favoritism
The parents and students make this job new and interesting every single day. There is always something going on in the building.