Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Nutrition Assistant
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GANovember 14, 2015
Responsible for providing customer service to all students and staff being served, preparation of food and condiments, cooking, cleaning, serving, stocking shelves, coolers/freezers along with feeding over 1400 a day.
Pros
Free meals, short hours, weekends, holidays off and over summer pay
Cons
$700 a month pay check on the 30th of each month, great benefits tho
Awesome place to work and interact with families
After School Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 10, 2015
A fast paced working environment with awesome healthcare benefits. Work was repetitious but had to be very detail oriented. Management was always there to help and co-workers were more like family! Awesome experience.
Pros
Very inexpensive healthcare
Cons
Only paid once a month
Productive: Providing services that supported childrens education
Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 26, 2015
A typical day was to complete daily work orders, repair various types of equipment. The work environment had changed; the family of one atmosphere evaporated, thus causing many to leave, some retired, while others would leave to move on to new adventures. During my tenure I acquired new technical skills. I enjoyed the stability of the job; but the loss wages due to the economy was never recovered.
Pros
Work schedule: M-F, Vacation, other school system breaks
Cons
Cancellation of pay raises
Zero Discipline policy for students
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolJune 9, 2016
This was my first time working in Clayton County at an elementary school....Although I had good support from the administrators, most teachers didn't. The students were as disrespectful as ever and they have absolutely no accountability. I've seen students hit teachers only to be sent back to that same teachers class with no punishment. We had a major security issue involving students and a weapon but it was covered up by the administrators and the kids were suspended but allowed back in school after 3 days. All this county cares about is accountability and being able to say they don't have discipline issues.
Pros
Job security
Cons
constant disrespect from students and no support from administrators
Gerald McCarter
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 21, 2015
A typical day for me was being on the jobsite at 7:00am and reporting to duty. This duty included controlling and regulating the cars, when parents dropped off their kids. After about 45 mins. of this, I would then prepare to teach a full day of class. I taught all aspects of fine art to kids from grade levels of k-5. My work load included six periods which lasted 40 minutes. Classroom management was a big part of the day. My average class size was 35 students per class. It was this way because, I had to teach a full class, plus 1/3 of another class. Many coworkers were good to work with. At the end of the day, I also had evening duty which lasted another 45 minutes. All of this, plus recording grades for the kids was the entirety of my job description. I would say the hardest part of my job was trying to manage about 700 kids in a week under sometimes hostile conditions. The most enjoyable part of my day was actually reaching a child with a positive experience of what art was about.
Pros
good affordable healthcare, perks, many breaks during year
Cons
very stressful, yearly new levels of accountability, low pay, no raises, limited resourses
Excellent co-workers with ineffective administration
Teacher, Pointe South Middle School (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAFebruary 14, 2016
While the educators were often overworked and stressed, the administration constantly altered policy and procedure with little regard or effort to maintain the consistency expected by the staff. There was little or no support given in the area of student discipline and adhering to the stated policies (i.e. disrespect, uniform requirements, etc,)
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Administrative support
* * *
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2015
Clayton County Public School is a diverse system of students and staff.
It presents challenges that require you to be able to go far and above what is typical.
From this I learned much in my early days of education on how to work with many different type of people and learners.
Pros
independant contracter, select where you want to work
Cons
no benefits, low pay, autonomy system of hiring can be bias
Summary
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJune 12, 2015
Dedicated to using technology to meet the needs of students. CCPS has a vast variety of resources. Hopefully they look at completing a compensation review to help their employees.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Horrible compensation
excellent workplace
Kindergarten Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 21, 2016
I love Clayton County Public Schools. The benefits are great. I love being on the weekends and holidays and summer. The pay is not as good as the other surrounding counties but i love my Clayton County
very calm environment
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 13, 2015
very sweet, kind , and helpful co-workers, we are all one big family and us teamwork throughout the day. job assignments were always crystal clear, handling new recipes, maintaining temp logs with food was easy, and maintaining a clean environment as well
Pros
daily work hours
Cons
healthcare benefits
Na
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GeorgiaJune 7, 2015
Substitute teachers are only allowed to work 4 days a week. They are not allowed to file for unemployment benefits during the summer. And little to no benefits available. Pay has not changed in the last 2 years.
the hardest part of the job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 14, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with students that have absolutely no interest in learning and want to come to school only to socialize.
Pros
co-workers
Stressful Job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 23, 2016
I love my coworkers, fill sorry for the children, and wish teachers had more support so they could adaquately help children.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Support
A skilled communicator; able to maintain cultural sensitivity, establish rapport with members of diverse groups, and promote team cohesiveness.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 26, 2015
• I hope I have time for this
3. Sort through my e-mail
• Delete worthless messages
• Answer emails
• Sort out those that require more time or extra work to answer
– move them to my to-do list.

8:30-10:30
Since this is my most productive time of day I try to tackle my most demanding project.
This is when I would write important letters, work on a report for the school board, update
or refine a data sheet.

11:00
Great time for meetings. This is a nice to take a break from desk work and it has a
definite end time (lunch)

12:00
Lunch (Away from my desk, because I need to refresh and rejuvenate)

1:00
Return phone calls, respond to emails, work on to-do list

2:30-4:00
Do data entry, send or pay bills, prepare mailings, things that are more routine and
don’t require as much energy. This is a good time to get routine jobs complete.

4:00-5:00
Burst of final effort to complete my to-do list. Sort out things that can be moved
to tomorrow’s list. This time of day is my best ‘sorting’ time – complete short,
easy projects, request information from others for my projects, clean off my desk, etc.
Pros
The ability to have an impact in so many areas, Openness to new ideas, Adaptation to situations.
Cons
The job can run into your personal time and it is hard to get a salary that will compensate that
fast yet fun work enviroment
Nutrition Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 29, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. The paid holiday time off is a plus. There is also plenty of room to grow. This is a company that promotes from within.
Learning environment with exceptional educators
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 29, 2015
The culture in the Clayton county educational system with fellow educators was one of the best in my career. As an tech and engineering technology instructor, I was able to bring my experiences as a technician directly into the classroom adn build foundations of learning for young minds in the middle school grade levels. Lots of fulfillment in that role.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day/year
Cons
Poor pay
Productive and vibrant work atmosphere due students and parents...
Administrative Assistant/ Secretary/ Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMarch 1, 2015
The parents and students make this job new and interesting every single day. There is always something going on in the building.
Pros
holidays an summers off
Cons
low annual salary, employee favoritism
Fun work place with supportive co-workers
Interim Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
It is a place where you will get valuable training. Great use of Professional Learning communities. The hours may be long because community building is a focus
Pros
Great experience to gain skills
Cons
no duty free lunch
productive work environment where you feel your efforts matter
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 22, 2015
a typical day at work might include checking attendance, following up with parents regarding attendance issues, making home visits for residential verification, scheduling interviews for initial IEP assessments or renewals, attending truancy court, and documentation. I learned a lot about the collaboration of school, community, and family in the well-being of children in the education system. My co-workers were helpful and efficient. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the various needs of the client within the limitations of the system's policies and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing results.
Pros
Mobile work space and the school calendar
cumbersome
Office Aide - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 6, 2015
Lacked administrative support to be truly successful and progress within the system. The district lacks effective and consistent leadership, which hurts students, families, and staff alike.