Clayton County Public Schools

Clayton County Public Schools Employer Reviews

Productive and vibrant work atmosphere due students and parents...
Administrative Assistant/ Secretary/ Office Clerk (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: holidays an summers off
Cons: low annual salary, employee favoritism
The parents and students make this job new and interesting every single day. There is always something going on in the building.
Varying hours
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Maintain a safe and healthy home environment for clients. Assist with bathing and basic daily tasks. Take clients to appointments as needed. Light housekeeping and maintaining clean environment for clients in their home.
Exciting and fulfilling world.
Paraprofessional Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: holidays off. snow days off.
Cons: playground accidents
A typical day at work would include directing and implementing the education of children from four to eight year olds. My primary responsibility was to facilitate and inspire learning and accessing the achievement of each child in my classroom. We as teachers would expect our children to keep trying until they realized their goal. I learned to apply this same tactic in my life and on many occasions found it to be of great value. Management and co-workers are very important. It takes team work to accomplish great goals. I think the hardest part of my job was to see a child leave our classroom before the light bulb experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming together and celebrating their accomplishments i.e. awards or graduation day.
Productive and fun teaching environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: paid vacations
While working in Clayton County, I learned how to relate to children. I have gained the understanding that each child has a different story, and need special attention, but the main thing they all have in common is the need of love and understanding. I have learned various techniques and therapy while working with special needs children. Learning to become flexible, and realizing everything doesn't always goes the way you plan, but you still can be productive. Helping children reach their full potential is one of the most enjoyable part of my job. Even though teaching special needs children new concepts is extremely hard, it is rewarding at the end of the day.
Productive & Challenging
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Working as a Bus Driver was great and yet challenging. Great because, I had the opportunity to transport wonderful students to and from school. Challenging because, driving a bus loaded with precious cargo (students) requires always being alert of your surroundings when the bus is in motion. I enjoyed not only my co-workers but my supervisor was awesome!
I really enjoy working at the employers, but feel that it is necessary to move forward with my career.
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: extended lunch breaks
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be constant workflow. I learned not to stress due to steady workflow, but enjoyed it. I work great with management, because I complete assigned task and is a huge team player. Working with co-worker was a breeze due to the fact that I enjoy assisting others. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to complete given tasks and working with wonderful and diverse co-workers.
Clayton County Public Schools a fun and productive place to work with wonderful co-workers who are willing to go extra miles to educate Special Edu. S
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GADecember 4, 2014
Pros: the best part of the job is the creativity, it is not monotone it is always a change
Cons: the healthcare benefit is not that attractive for a paraprofessional
Clayton County is a productive and a wonderful work place. On a typical day the 7:30 hours passed so quick because it is so busy fun and lovely with the students coming ready for their education. We are lucky to have an administration team that assists us in a regular basis. Working with Special Education, I have come to realize that student can perform better when you show them that you care, you love them, and that they can learn. The most enjoyable part of this job is we learn from them as they learn from us. CCPS division of Special Education is one of the best in the area.
great schedule.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GANovember 18, 2014
Be friendly with the children and keep them on task. The teacher usually has a back up plan of assigned work. Supervise and assited children where needed. I love that you're done by 3:30
Loved being a substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the children
Cons: the principle of harper elementary.
The children were great kids to know the only problem I had was with the principle at one of the schools. He felt I could not handle the students but we were doing just fine.
Fun, Balance, Family orientient
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: all holidays off
Cons: when you try to please parents and you get no where
A typical day at work is to ensure students have the necessary educational material to perform their assignments and received accurate information as it relates to learning. Co-workers are always willing to assist. The most hardest part of working in an educational environment is not receiving the test scores that you were expecting. The most enjoyable is having holidays and time off to spend with your family.
I worked with great people.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Clayton, GAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: no work during the summer
Cons: not enough money
Every day was a new experience worked with great people we had a good team there.
CCPS
EDUCATOR (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAAugust 3, 2014
Teacher for Clayton County Public Schools. Worked for 8 years.
Working in public schools
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: holiday schedules
Cons: short summer breaks
K-12 (middle/high school substitute assignments). I have learned that you must set clear expectations for all grade levels. The most enjoyable part of working with students is their gratitude when they know you care about their well-being. Students will learn more and be more supportive when they know teachers care and have their best interest at heart.
Horrible Environment
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAJune 22, 2014
Excessive work for little pay with terribly behaved children that refuse to learn.
Fast paced, fun place to work in a school setting.
School Nutrition Worker (Current Employee), Hampton, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: working hours, free lunch, off every holiday & summer.
Cons: i only work 6hrs. daily, getting paid monthly.
A typical day at work consists of prepping food to be served for lunch, washing dishes, putting away stock, serving students and staff lunch on the serving line, and cleaning the serving line after lunch. I have learned excellent time management skills, multi-tasking, and being a team player. Overall my coworkers are pleasant, and respectful individuals. We work as a team and help others when needed. The hardest part of the job is lifting 50 lb. boxes of produce every week due to shipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working 8-2pm and being off in the summer with my kids.
Great Place To Work
TEACHER (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMay 13, 2014
great Place to work
great parents and students
enjoyed my 5 years there
personable
Very Challenging Work Place is where I thrive.
Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher (Current Employee), College Park, GAApril 11, 2014
North Clayton High School allowed me learn and grow in a capacity that would be very challenging to most. My interpersonal skills, and ability to remain calm in any situation is a necessary characteristic that I found quite easy to perform. These characteristics make me a perfect candidate for the position applied for.
Good Company
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: able to help people
Cons: short brakes
Good Company to work for. A driver has the ability to help passengers.
Productive, enjoy working with children
Pre-K Teacher/Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2014
My co-workers are helpful, pleasure to be around, management is great as well. A typical day at work is teaching 4 and 5 year olds how to learn! the most enjoyable part of the day is their nap time ; )
Educating young people is important to me.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GADecember 31, 2013
Pros: i enjoy working with students of any kind
Cons: salary
A typical day includes helping students with daily work,
preparation, explainations, possible testing.

Moving from activity to activity with them.

Helping the teacher with testing and assisiting with keeping records for the students.

1 2 3