Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting and fun.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 30, 2016
My job is very demanding, interesting, and rewarding at times. I work with a great team of co-workers and management. We work together to take care of the children that we drive to and from schools, and we even extend our personal care at times to make sure that they are okay outside of school. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I am a safe driver to pick up and take the kids home with all care and safety, and also being able to multi task without incident. The most enjoyable part is touching the lives of each child in a positive and informative way.
Zero Discipline policy for students
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolJune 9, 2016
This was my first time working in Clayton County at an elementary school....Although I had good support from the administrators, most teachers didn't. The students were as disrespectful as ever and they have absolutely no accountability. I've seen students hit teachers only to be sent back to that same teachers class with no punishment. We had a major security issue involving students and a weapon but it was covered up by the administrators and the kids were suspended but allowed back in school after 3 days. All this county cares about is accountability and being able to say they don't have discipline issues.
Pros
Job security
Cons
constant disrespect from students and no support from administrators
very productive workplace at a rapid speed
Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 5, 2016
enjoyed working with the nutrition staff and preparing lunch and breakfast for the students and administration also the teachers and parents when ever we special events.
Pros
free lunch for all students
Cons
not a good support system from the school nutrition department
I Love working with people
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAAugust 22, 2016
I Love working with children, everyday I learn something new from my students, there are different personalities, and a diverse community. I enjoy working with I can't students, because I can show them they can, that makes my job exciting.
Pros
working with people
Cons
opportunity to move up
I Enjoy my job with CCPS
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 16, 2016
Well I work with kids with disabilities each child is different we have this one kid that can be challenging each morning one of them ask like an old man with his leg or knee aching and only 8 yrs old
Pros
no we do not get free lunch
Cons
we get long breaks and our benefits are great
Excellent co-workers with ineffective administration
Teacher, Pointe South Middle School (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAFebruary 14, 2016
While the educators were often overworked and stressed, the administration constantly altered policy and procedure with little regard or effort to maintain the consistency expected by the staff. There was little or no support given in the area of student discipline and adhering to the stated policies (i.e. disrespect, uniform requirements, etc,)
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Administrative support
I loved this position
Office Manager/Back up Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 13, 2016
I think this was the best job I ever had, I LOVED THIS JOB!!! My Principal was promoted and I was too, and it was a total different location and somewhat stressful..
Pros
I absolutely loved it.
Cons
Schedule changed to often.
excellent workplace
Kindergarten Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 21, 2016
I love Clayton County Public Schools. The benefits are great. I love being on the weekends and holidays and summer. The pay is not as good as the other surrounding counties but i love my Clayton County
Plenty of resources for teachers.
former Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 28, 2016
Middle school starts at: 7:45 ends at 3:45. I taught four class and had a planning time of 70 minutes. The resources are plentiful. Good leadership
Pros
Hours work.
Cons
class sizes are large
Productive place to work, good working condition.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 4, 2016
Clayton Schools was a nice place to work. Working as a substitute teacher was good because, you got to select the school and time to work.
okay place to work if
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 6, 2016
prepare food for the entire student body
clean work area
serve students
prepare for the next working day
stock coolers, freezers, and store room
the hardest part of the job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 14, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with students that have absolutely no interest in learning and want to come to school only to socialize.
Pros
co-workers
Stressful Job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 23, 2016
I love my coworkers, fill sorry for the children, and wish teachers had more support so they could adaquately help children.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Support
Nutrition Assistant
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GANovember 14, 2015
Responsible for providing customer service to all students and staff being served, preparation of food and condiments, cooking, cleaning, serving, stocking shelves, coolers/freezers along with feeding over 1400 a day.
Pros
Free meals, short hours, weekends, holidays off and over summer pay
Cons
$700 a month pay check on the 30th of each month, great benefits tho
Fun work place with supportive co-workers
Interim Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
It is a place where you will get valuable training. Great use of Professional Learning communities. The hours may be long because community building is a focus
Pros
Great experience to gain skills
Cons
no duty free lunch
fast yet fun work enviroment
Nutrition Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 29, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. The paid holiday time off is a plus. There is also plenty of room to grow. This is a company that promotes from within.
A Weekly Look
Executive Director of Teaching & Learning (Current Employee) –  Clayton County Administrative ComplexSeptember 24, 2015
Day starts at 5 a.m.
Arrive in the office at 8:00a.m.
Weekly visits to schools and programs
Community meetings
Weekly meetings with staff
Pros
Researched based curriculum, compliance is a factor in meeting goals for the district and department, fun people to work with
Cons
Staff turnover
Awesome place to work and interact with families
After School Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 10, 2015
A fast paced working environment with awesome healthcare benefits. Work was repetitious but had to be very detail oriented. Management was always there to help and co-workers were more like family! Awesome experience.
Pros
Very inexpensive healthcare
Cons
Only paid once a month
cumbersome
Office Aide - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 6, 2015
Lacked administrative support to be truly successful and progress within the system. The district lacks effective and consistent leadership, which hurts students, families, and staff alike.
Learning environment with exceptional educators
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 29, 2015
The culture in the Clayton county educational system with fellow educators was one of the best in my career. As an tech and engineering technology instructor, I was able to bring my experiences as a technician directly into the classroom adn build foundations of learning for young minds in the middle school grade levels. Lots of fulfillment in that role.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day/year
Cons
Poor pay

Clayton County Public Schools Reviews by Location