Clayton County Public Schools Employee Review

View all Clayton County Public Schools reviews

Very Challenging Work Place is where I thrive.
Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 11, 2014
North Clayton High School allowed me learn and grow in a capacity that would be very challenging to most. My interpersonal skills, and ability to remain calm in any situation is a necessary characteristic that I found quite easy to perform. These characteristics make me a perfect candidate for the position applied for.

Other Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

I love to teach
Instructional Coach (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 23, 2018
The county is what you make of it. Surround yourself with like minded teachers and know your why. The students are the priority and the goal is learning and growth.
Cut throat atmosphere with poor management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 17, 2018
Teachers are treated poorly and not provided opportunities for advancement. The work load is impossible and the procedures and processes are terrible. The HR department is incompetent in some zones, and the county promotes poor and illegal treatment of teachers. Many administrators have an authoritarian attitude that makes working in the county unbearable. Novel ideas are frowned upon and the focus is not on what is best for the children, but for leadership from the top down, and what is easiest for them to accomplish. Teachers are treated like the lowest parts of the school totem pole and are not respected, appreciated, or listened to.
Pros
salary, training opportunities
Cons
management, work-life balance, hours and expectations, lack of resources