Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

I Enjoy my job with CCPS
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 16, 2016
Well I work with kids with disabilities each child is different we have this one kid that can be challenging each morning one of them ask like an old man with his leg or knee aching and only 8 yrs old
Pros
no we do not get free lunch
Cons
we get long breaks and our benefits are great
okay place to work if
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 6, 2016
prepare food for the entire student body
clean work area
serve students
prepare for the next working day
stock coolers, freezers, and store room
very productive workplace at a rapid speed
Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 5, 2016
enjoyed working with the nutrition staff and preparing lunch and breakfast for the students and administration also the teachers and parents when ever we special events.
Pros
free lunch for all students
Cons
not a good support system from the school nutrition department
Interesting and fun.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 30, 2016
My job is very demanding, interesting, and rewarding at times. I work with a great team of co-workers and management. We work together to take care of the children that we drive to and from schools, and we even extend our personal care at times to make sure that they are okay outside of school. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I am a safe driver to pick up and take the kids home with all care and safety, and also being able to multi task without incident. The most enjoyable part is touching the lives of each child in a positive and informative way.
excellent workplace
Kindergarten Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 21, 2016
I love Clayton County Public Schools. The benefits are great. I love being on the weekends and holidays and summer. The pay is not as good as the other surrounding counties but i love my Clayton County
Zero Discipline policy for students
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolJune 9, 2016
This was my first time working in Clayton County at an elementary school....Although I had good support from the administrators, most teachers didn't. The students were as disrespectful as ever and they have absolutely no accountability. I've seen students hit teachers only to be sent back to that same teachers class with no punishment. We had a major security issue involving students and a weapon but it was covered up by the administrators and the kids were suspended but allowed back in school after 3 days. All this county cares about is accountability and being able to say they don't have discipline issues.
Pros
Job security
Cons
constant disrespect from students and no support from administrators
Stressful Job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 23, 2016
I love my coworkers, fill sorry for the children, and wish teachers had more support so they could adaquately help children.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Support
the hardest part of the job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 14, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with students that have absolutely no interest in learning and want to come to school only to socialize.
Pros
co-workers
Excellent co-workers with ineffective administration
Teacher, Pointe South Middle School (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAFebruary 14, 2016
While the educators were often overworked and stressed, the administration constantly altered policy and procedure with little regard or effort to maintain the consistency expected by the staff. There was little or no support given in the area of student discipline and adhering to the stated policies (i.e. disrespect, uniform requirements, etc,)
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Administrative support
fast yet fun work enviroment
Nutrition Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 29, 2015
I enjoy working for this company. The paid holiday time off is a plus. There is also plenty of room to grow. This is a company that promotes from within.
Fun work place with supportive co-workers
Interim Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
It is a place where you will get valuable training. Great use of Professional Learning communities. The hours may be long because community building is a focus
Pros
Great experience to gain skills
Cons
no duty free lunch
Nutrition Assistant
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GANovember 14, 2015
Responsible for providing customer service to all students and staff being served, preparation of food and condiments, cooking, cleaning, serving, stocking shelves, coolers/freezers along with feeding over 1400 a day.
Pros
Free meals, short hours, weekends, holidays off and over summer pay
Cons
$700 a month pay check on the 30th of each month, great benefits tho
cumbersome
Office Aide - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 6, 2015
Lacked administrative support to be truly successful and progress within the system. The district lacks effective and consistent leadership, which hurts students, families, and staff alike.
A Weekly Look
Executive Director of Teaching & Learning (Current Employee) –  Clayton County Administrative ComplexSeptember 24, 2015
Day starts at 5 a.m.
Arrive in the office at 8:00a.m.
Weekly visits to schools and programs
Community meetings
Weekly meetings with staff
Pros
Researched based curriculum, compliance is a factor in meeting goals for the district and department, fun people to work with
Cons
Staff turnover
Awesome place to work and interact with families
After School Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 10, 2015
A fast paced working environment with awesome healthcare benefits. Work was repetitious but had to be very detail oriented. Management was always there to help and co-workers were more like family! Awesome experience.
Pros
Very inexpensive healthcare
Cons
Only paid once a month
Learning environment with exceptional educators
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 29, 2015
The culture in the Clayton county educational system with fellow educators was one of the best in my career. As an tech and engineering technology instructor, I was able to bring my experiences as a technician directly into the classroom adn build foundations of learning for young minds in the middle school grade levels. Lots of fulfillment in that role.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day/year
Cons
Poor pay
Committed and dedicated teacher. Very productive and creative
Teach EIP first grade (Former Employee) –  Lake Ridge Elementary SchoolsJuly 16, 2015
I enjoy working with children. My goal is to produce global competitive learners. I learned excellent strategies through professional development classes to excite the appetite of learning. I also learned to differentiate instruction to meet various needs.
I enjoyed working with the kids watching them learn.
Full Time Math Teacher and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 11, 2015
My coworkers and administration were very pleasant to work with. This is a job that requires a lot of time and dedication. Your work doesn't end when you leave work, when you get home there is planning and grading papers to do.
Pros
Watching your kids grow and learn
Cons
Working day and night to prepare lessons
Fun and Easy work
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 6, 2015
I love the fact that I am able to provide a meal for a child that may not get one at home. The work load is easy and the hours and breaks are great.
Pros
Free Lunch and all breaks the kids get
Cons
Get paid once a month
Productive: Providing services that supported childrens education
Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 26, 2015
A typical day was to complete daily work orders, repair various types of equipment. The work environment had changed; the family of one atmosphere evaporated, thus causing many to leave, some retired, while others would leave to move on to new adventures. During my tenure I acquired new technical skills. I enjoyed the stability of the job; but the loss wages due to the economy was never recovered.
Pros
Work schedule: M-F, Vacation, other school system breaks
Cons
Cancellation of pay raises

Clayton County Public Schools Reviews by Location