Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Great work experience. I've learned a lot working for the county. The staff and kids made everyday worth it. To see the happiness in the kids faces made my day better and better.
Pros
Great kids
Cons
productive , fun work place with kids.
i monitor speacial needs kids. (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 10, 2017
i enjoy working with kids.
it is my responsibility to make sure the child is secure and safe at all time while riding the school bus. I learn to have patients. the hardest part of this job is to listen my middle school kids say there not normal because they ride the short bus. my co-worker are hard working and dedicated because it take a strong minded person to drive and monitor kids.
Nice work environment
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Nice bus equipment Pleasant working environment just an overall good school system to be employed by not too bad kids and picking up and dealing with parents were great
Pros
Nice place
Cons
N/a
Great Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working this job and would consider going back if my business venture does not pan out. It was great being around the children, and helping them everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children and the different personalities.
CCPS will provides a challenging educational environment for students to strive and compete globally.
4th and 5th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I served as a teacher at a title 1 school. Students were economically and academically challenged. CCPS provides many resources to helps students meet curriculum standards and rigor. Services include but not limited to EIP, remedial after school tutoring, and small groups led by paraprofessionals.
Productive work place, great culture
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Working in the Clayton County Public School System is challenging but rewarding. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other record keeping activities as necessary. Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the course standards.
I have been a loyal employee, and CCPS has in turn demonstrated its loyalty to me.
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 31, 2016
The world has changed drastically. Unfortunately, many school-aged children are not receiving the love, attention, and discipline from their parents that is so desperately needed. As a result, many (not all) of today’s youths are disrespectful, lazy, and lack a quality work ethic. This environment has taken its toll on me. For many years Clayton County Public Schools has served me well. I have been loyal to this organization, and it, in turn, has been loyal to me. However, it appears that it is time for me to move on.

Please pardon any typographical errors. I am an imperfect teacher. If you see any mistakes, please bring them to my attention politely, and I will correct them quickly.
Pros
I love my content area. Who wouldn't want to be a teacher in the summer time?
Cons
Ill-mannered children and parents who don't have a clue.
The School setting was like a small family.
Autism Paraprofessional and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 7, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Clayton County Schools. The elementary school I worked in was a community based learning institution where the students were mostly all from that area. The teachers excelled in educating the students and I thrived there.
Pros
Parental involvement, teacher and staff relationships, student behavior, able to be creative
Cons
Administration was horrible
Could Be Better
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 29, 2016
If you have an opportunity to work in another school district in the surrounding area, then do so. District overworks staff; staff underpaid; too political; district doesn't seem to hold parents or students accountable; most often staff often blamed for declining test scores
Pros
Signing/Yearly Bonuses
Cons
Difficult to advance
Being a Teacher is rewarding
Special Education Teacher Interrelated (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 15, 2016
If you do not love children and are not patient don't teach, but for those of us that do. Its a humbling and enriching profession. Clayton county offers fair pay, concern administrative staff and opportunity for CEU's or professional development credit units.
Pros
educating young youth
Cons
if you get a class full of knuckle heads.
Clayton County
Special Education Consultative Teacher-Duties (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 27, 2016
Clayton County was a decent place to work. It was organized and everything had its place. It's a family oriented environment.
A job with great environment
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Rex, GAOctober 4, 2016
This job is fast paced and you find yourself being the backbone to the functionality of the school. Things can be overwhelming at times but once you adjust and garner a schedule to do what you have to do things slow down. great environment
With Clayton County Schools, every employee have job requirements that need to be met by the end of the day
Head Custodian (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 4, 2016
A typical day at work is to motivate myself to the the best job performance that I'm able to do. I've learn through the year that procrastination is something an individual can not do when working towards better work performance. Management is a job that one must be an example for those that are being managed. Co-workers are individuals that plays apart in ones everyday life. The hardest part of a job is an individual themselves, the most enjoyable part of a job is when I can see smiles on individual faces after a long day of a difficult task has been completed.
Pros
working at your own pace.
Cons
come to work even when one thinks that it is there most difficult time in life
I Love working with people
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAAugust 22, 2016
I Love working with children, everyday I learn something new from my students, there are different personalities, and a diverse community. I enjoy working with I can't students, because I can show them they can, that makes my job exciting.
Pros
working with people
Cons
opportunity to move up
I loved this position
Office Manager/Back up Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 13, 2016
I think this was the best job I ever had, I LOVED THIS JOB!!! My Principal was promoted and I was too, and it was a total different location and somewhat stressful..
Pros
I absolutely loved it.
Cons
Schedule changed to often.
Productive place to work, good working condition.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 4, 2016
Clayton Schools was a nice place to work. Working as a substitute teacher was good because, you got to select the school and time to work.
Plenty of resources for teachers.
former Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 28, 2016
Middle school starts at: 7:45 ends at 3:45. I taught four class and had a planning time of 70 minutes. The resources are plentiful. Good leadership
Pros
Hours work.
Cons
class sizes are large
I Enjoy my job with CCPS
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 16, 2016
Well I work with kids with disabilities each child is different we have this one kid that can be challenging each morning one of them ask like an old man with his leg or knee aching and only 8 yrs old
Pros
no we do not get free lunch
Cons
we get long breaks and our benefits are great
okay place to work if
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJuly 6, 2016
prepare food for the entire student body
clean work area
serve students
prepare for the next working day
stock coolers, freezers, and store room
very productive workplace at a rapid speed
Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJuly 5, 2016
enjoyed working with the nutrition staff and preparing lunch and breakfast for the students and administration also the teachers and parents when ever we special events.
Pros
free lunch for all students
Cons
not a good support system from the school nutrition department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Clayton County Public Schools Reviews by Location