Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

great environment to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 28, 2017
prep food for next day, inventory daily, freezer defrost, serving on the line, cashier as well as serving breakfast in the morning. We prepared meals for children who didn't eat when they left school.
Stressful, but rewarding
Administrator (Former Employee) –  GAMarch 28, 2017
Teaching is definitely a mixture of art and science. Those teachers who realize this early on are more successful. In other words, you won't get everything you need to know about teaching from the book and the classroom lessons. There are some things about teaching that just come from the heart! The most rewarding part of the job (aside from summers, breaks, and weekends) is the role that you play in getting students from one place to the next highest place.
Pros
Summers, holidays, weekends, breaks
Cons
Student discipline
Great Expereince.
Social Studies teacher. (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMarch 20, 2017
I loved working in CCPS! Family atmosphere work environment. The leadership staff molded me into the educator I am today. The teachers go above and beyond the call of duty for their students.
Pros
atmoshphere
Cons
community support
Dynamic workplace
Paraprofessional/Pre-K Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMarch 12, 2017
Working for clayton county public schools is rewarding and worth while. During my time here I have gained valuable experience in early childhood development as well as numerous opportunities for community involvement
Okay place to work but only until better employment can be obtained
School Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, Ga.February 21, 2017
Work is done as a team, not all team members have same skill level or motivation to do the job. Some employees only care to do the minimum of what is required which leads to an imbalance of work load(some workers always doing more than others without compensation for doing more) Management treats all workers as if minimal supervision is needed which is not necessarily true of all workers. The most enjoyable part of job is providing nutritious meals to children, especially the ones who appreciate it.
Pros
The schedule
Cons
low compensation
Great experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Great hard working experience. Nothing is more satisfying than knowing that you have helped influence a young mind in the field of art.

Great support staff with multiple opportunities to further one's own professional development.
Great school district
High School Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 12, 2017
The hard part; students that did not grasp the value of a quality education

The most enjoyable part; when they realize and appreciate the value of a quality education.
Great County
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Great teachers and administrators and culturally conducive for the students who currently attend the public school setting in the county.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Paid once a month
Very productive
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 8, 2017
I was a great work experience that allows you to grow with them. Most importantly Clayton county public schools provided the stability and consistency that allowed workers to do their job.
Pros
Meeting new people and a great work environment
Cons
Low pay
Enjoy working and building young minds for the future
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 6, 2017
An outstanding place to work, with a great staff all working for the better good of our students.

I have had the opportunity to run the day to day operations of an elementary school as well as a high school.
Pros
The team I work with
Cons
Parental support
A daily reward.
Offensive Line Coach (Former Employee) –  Lovejoy, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Students were attentive and eager to learn. The students get a bad reputation but all they want is for someone to show that they care about them.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 30, 2017
It is a great opportunity to work for Clayton County Schools. The schedule is flexible and there are always jobs available.
Public Education
EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 26, 2017
There is really nothing good or bad to say. CCPS is a typical public education institution. We deal with the same issues as other public school systems.
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Great work experience. I've learned a lot working for the county. The staff and kids made everyday worth it. To see the happiness in the kids faces made my day better and better.
Pros
Great kids
Nice work environment
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Nice bus equipment Pleasant working environment just an overall good school system to be employed by not too bad kids and picking up and dealing with parents were great
Pros
Nice place
Cons
N/a
Great Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working this job and would consider going back if my business venture does not pan out. It was great being around the children, and helping them everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children and the different personalities.
CCPS will provides a challenging educational environment for students to strive and compete globally.
4th and 5th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I served as a teacher at a title 1 school. Students were economically and academically challenged. CCPS provides many resources to helps students meet curriculum standards and rigor. Services include but not limited to EIP, remedial after school tutoring, and small groups led by paraprofessionals.
Productive work place, great culture
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Working in the Clayton County Public School System is challenging but rewarding. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other record keeping activities as necessary. Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the course standards.
I have been a loyal employee, and CCPS has in turn demonstrated its loyalty to me.
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 31, 2016
The world has changed drastically. Unfortunately, many school-aged children are not receiving the love, attention, and discipline from their parents that is so desperately needed. As a result, many (not all) of today’s youths are disrespectful, lazy, and lack a quality work ethic. This environment has taken its toll on me. For many years Clayton County Public Schools has served me well. I have been loyal to this organization, and it, in turn, has been loyal to me. However, it appears that it is time for me to move on.

Please pardon any typographical errors. I am an imperfect teacher. If you see any mistakes, please bring them to my attention politely, and I will correct them quickly.
Pros
I love my content area. Who wouldn't want to be a teacher in the summer time?
Cons
Ill-mannered children and parents who don't have a clue.
The School setting was like a small family.
Autism Paraprofessional and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 7, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Clayton County Schools. The elementary school I worked in was a community based learning institution where the students were mostly all from that area. The teachers excelled in educating the students and I thrived there.
Pros
Parental involvement, teacher and staff relationships, student behavior, able to be creative
Cons
Administration was horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Clayton County Public Schools Reviews by Location