Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Healthcare Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2015
I love working with the kids getting to see there reaction everyday by placing a smaile on there faces .Helping when I can to each one of my coworker, my job is a very producted place to be at
Pros
FREE LUNCHES WE HAVE
Cons
AND THE FREEDOM TO LEAVE AT MY REGULAR TIME OF THE DAY
* * *
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2015
Clayton County Public School is a diverse system of students and staff.
It presents challenges that require you to be able to go far and above what is typical.
From this I learned much in my early days of education on how to work with many different type of people and learners.
Pros
independant contracter, select where you want to work
Cons
no benefits, low pay, autonomy system of hiring can be bias
very calm environment
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 13, 2015
very sweet, kind , and helpful co-workers, we are all one big family and us teamwork throughout the day. job assignments were always crystal clear, handling new recipes, maintaining temp logs with food was easy, and maintaining a clean environment as well
Pros
daily work hours
Cons
healthcare benefits
A skilled communicator; able to maintain cultural sensitivity, establish rapport with members of diverse groups, and promote team cohesiveness.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 26, 2015
• I hope I have time for this
3. Sort through my e-mail
• Delete worthless messages
• Answer emails
• Sort out those that require more time or extra work to answer
– move them to my to-do list.

8:30-10:30
Since this is my most productive time of day I try to tackle my most demanding project.
This is when I would write important letters, work on a report for the school board, update
or refine a data sheet.

11:00
Great time for meetings. This is a nice to take a break from desk work and it has a
definite end time (lunch)

12:00
Lunch (Away from my desk, because I need to refresh and rejuvenate)

1:00
Return phone calls, respond to emails, work on to-do list

2:30-4:00
Do data entry, send or pay bills, prepare mailings, things that are more routine and
don’t require as much energy. This is a good time to get routine jobs complete.

4:00-5:00
Burst of final effort to complete my to-do list. Sort out things that can be moved
to tomorrow’s list. This time of day is my best ‘sorting’ time – complete short,
easy projects, request information from others for my projects, clean off my desk, etc.
Pros
The ability to have an impact in so many areas, Openness to new ideas, Adaptation to situations.
Cons
The job can run into your personal time and it is hard to get a salary that will compensate that
Productive and professional environment
Substitute Teacher k-12 (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 23, 2015
Maintain a positive learning atmosphere in the classroom. Disruptive student conduct in class in not acceptable. If serious student behavior problems occur, assistance should be sought from a neighboring teacher or a building administrator.
Secretary II/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMarch 22, 2015
Was very rewarding. Had a wonderful experience. I real y enjoyed the staff. The scores are really high.Great, great that's all I can say.
Gerald McCarter
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 21, 2015
A typical day for me was being on the jobsite at 7:00am and reporting to duty. This duty included controlling and regulating the cars, when parents dropped off their kids. After about 45 mins. of this, I would then prepare to teach a full day of class. I taught all aspects of fine art to kids from grade levels of k-5. My work load included six periods which lasted 40 minutes. Classroom management was a big part of the day. My average class size was 35 students per class. It was this way because, I had to teach a full class, plus 1/3 of another class. Many coworkers were good to work with. At the end of the day, I also had evening duty which lasted another 45 minutes. All of this, plus recording grades for the kids was the entirety of my job description. I would say the hardest part of my job was trying to manage about 700 kids in a week under sometimes hostile conditions. The most enjoyable part of my day was actually reaching a child with a positive experience of what art was about.
Pros
good affordable healthcare, perks, many breaks during year
Cons
very stressful, yearly new levels of accountability, low pay, no raises, limited resourses
fast paced work environment
Nutrition Worker (Current Employee) –  JonesboroMarch 17, 2015
Work is fast paced and rough on most days. We work around children and that can be testing. The best part is being off in the summer and all school breaks.
Pros
Free lunch, insurance, paid breaks
Cons
management
Typical Teaching Environment
Instructional Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMarch 17, 2015
Typical teaching experience; Prepare lessons for student engagement; rewarding when you see students actually learn.
Productive and vibrant work atmosphere due students and parents...
Administrative Assistant/ Secretary/ Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMarch 1, 2015
The parents and students make this job new and interesting every single day. There is always something going on in the building.
Pros
holidays an summers off
Cons
low annual salary, employee favoritism
Varying hours
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Maintain a safe and healthy home environment for clients. Assist with bathing and basic daily tasks. Take clients to appointments as needed. Light housekeeping and maintaining clean environment for clients in their home.
Exciting and fulfilling world.
Paraprofessional Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work would include directing and implementing the education of children from four to eight year olds. My primary responsibility was to facilitate and inspire learning and accessing the achievement of each child in my classroom. We as teachers would expect our children to keep trying until they realized their goal. I learned to apply this same tactic in my life and on many occasions found it to be of great value. Management and co-workers are very important. It takes team work to accomplish great goals. I think the hardest part of my job was to see a child leave our classroom before the light bulb experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming together and celebrating their accomplishments i.e. awards or graduation day.
Pros
holidays off. snow days off.
Cons
playground accidents
Productive and fun teaching environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 27, 2015
While working in Clayton County, I learned how to relate to children. I have gained the understanding that each child has a different story, and need special attention, but the main thing they all have in common is the need of love and understanding. I have learned various techniques and therapy while working with special needs children. Learning to become flexible, and realizing everything doesn't always goes the way you plan, but you still can be productive. Helping children reach their full potential is one of the most enjoyable part of my job. Even though teaching special needs children new concepts is extremely hard, it is rewarding at the end of the day.
Pros
paid vacations
Productive & Challenging
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Working as a Bus Driver was great and yet challenging. Great because, I had the opportunity to transport wonderful students to and from school. Challenging because, driving a bus loaded with precious cargo (students) requires always being alert of your surroundings when the bus is in motion. I enjoyed not only my co-workers but my supervisor was awesome!
I really enjoy working at the employers, but feel that it is necessary to move forward with my career.
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be constant workflow. I learned not to stress due to steady workflow, but enjoyed it. I work great with management, because I complete assigned task and is a huge team player. Working with co-worker was a breeze due to the fact that I enjoy assisting others. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to complete given tasks and working with wonderful and diverse co-workers.
Pros
extended lunch breaks
Cons
short breaks
Clayton County Public Schools a fun and productive place to work with wonderful co-workers who are willing to go extra miles to educate Special Edu. S
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 4, 2014
Clayton County is a productive and a wonderful work place. On a typical day the 7:30 hours passed so quick because it is so busy fun and lovely with the students coming ready for their education. We are lucky to have an administration team that assists us in a regular basis. Working with Special Education, I have come to realize that student can perform better when you show them that you care, you love them, and that they can learn. The most enjoyable part of this job is we learn from them as they learn from us. CCPS division of Special Education is one of the best in the area.
Pros
the best part of the job is the creativity, it is not monotone it is always a change
Cons
the healthcare benefit is not that attractive for a paraprofessional
great schedule.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 18, 2014
Be friendly with the children and keep them on task. The teacher usually has a back up plan of assigned work. Supervise and assited children where needed. I love that you're done by 3:30
Loved being a substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 14, 2014
The children were great kids to know the only problem I had was with the principle at one of the schools. He felt I could not handle the students but we were doing just fine.
Pros
the children
Cons
the principle of harper elementary.
Fun, Balance, Family orientient
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work is to ensure students have the necessary educational material to perform their assignments and received accurate information as it relates to learning. Co-workers are always willing to assist. The most hardest part of working in an educational environment is not receiving the test scores that you were expecting. The most enjoyable is having holidays and time off to spend with your family.
Pros
all holidays off
Cons
when you try to please parents and you get no where
I worked with great people.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clayton, GAAugust 6, 2014
Every day was a new experience worked with great people we had a good team there.
Pros
no work during the summer
Cons
not enough money