Clayton Early Learning
Play and Learn Trainer/Coordinator
Make an Impact on Our Community! Attend our Job Fair on May 9th 3:00-7:00pm
Clayton Early Learning provides national leadership to advance the field of early childhood education by researching, implementing and disseminating innovative teaching models. Join our highly-skilled team as we promote educational equity for young children through family engagement, teacher preparation, and effective early education policy. We are seeking a Play and Learn Trainer/Coordinator.
The responsibility of the Play and Learn Trainer/Coordinator is to model, coach and provide information to parents/caregivers on how to support children’s development through the Play and Learn model. Facilitates sessions and plans activities and parent meetings, provides family support, recruits and enrolls families, and creates and maintains family files. The primary goal is to prepare children for school success and long-term student achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates Sessions: In accordance with Play and Learn guidance facilitates twice-weekly, 2hrs adult-child activity sessions for 32 weeks during the school year and 8 sessions during the summer.
- Plan Activities: Based on program guidelines, plans and implements the program activities to promote individual children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs and strengths with the parents as the primary educator. Arranges space and environment for developmentally appropriate learning activities
- Program Materials: Purchases and organizes classroom materials and equipment to provide a safe, supportive age appropriate environment for children. Conducts an inventory of existing materials and equipment and future needs.
- Parent Meetings: Coordinates regularly scheduled parent meetings to promote family participation. Plans and hosts the parent meetings including space reservation and preparation, speakers and activities for the entire family and childcare
- Family Support: Functions as a service planner for families by assisting them in identifying needs and accessing appropriate resources, referring, linking, and mediating family support services.
- Student/Family Files: Creates and maintains timely and accurate documentation of student/family program files including?.
- Team meetings: Actively participates in team meetings by working with team members to achieve the program’s overall goals and objectives; seeks and identifies opportunities to support others with their ideas and initiates ideas of their own.
- Attendance: Track attendance of each child/parent on a daily/weekly basis? Using existing tracking system?
- Parent Leaders: Identify, train and support parent leaders for program support
- Caregivers: Identify and schedule necessary qualified and reliable caregivers for parent meetings.
- Recruitment and Enrollment: Recruit and enroll families in the Play and Learn program. Builds and monitors the program’s interest list, ensuring reliable data at all times. Schedules appointments and follows-up with prospective families. Performs monthly, quarterly and yearly data audits of identified data. Supports enrollment activities by developing relationships with prospective families. Responds to enrollment inquiries from the interest list, enrollment line, and website requests. Solicits and ensures the entry of enrollment interest forms, informs families of the enrollment the documents required for eligibility, enrollment, and entry. Participates in the program’s communication relative to recruitment for enrollment with all families.
- Ready to Read: Actively and responsibly participates in Ready to Read evaluation
- Minimum Associates degree in Early childhood education, EQIT or infant/toddler coursework preferred.
Work experience in positions similar or related to this job:
- 2-3 years’ experience in early childhood education
SPECIAL TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE:
- . Experience in relating to and interacting with parents, infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Knowledge of the culture, and conditions inherent within the surrounding community served.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Background check, Physical exam and current TB test,
- Pediatric first aid and CPR certification,
- Valid driver’s license with evidence of auto insurance.
We seek to reflect the diverse community we serve EOE M/F/D/V
Attend our Job Fair - May 9th 3:00pm to 7:00pm
Clayton Early Learning
3801 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205
To apply please complete application online
and attach resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Indeed - 7 months ago
A major proving ground for all things early childhood, Clayton Early Learning is Colorado's leading catalyst in providing and collaborating...