Clayton Homes Inc Employee Reviews

Warren Buufett is the only one making money
Sales (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 3, 2014
Clayton/ Berkshire Hathawy is know for hiring sleazy back stabbing manager who find a way to keep your commissions and line their own pockets. No tie downs are done unless they are installed in a regulated area.
Horrible group of Liars.
The turn over is about 4-6 new sales reps in a 10-12 month period.
Sales people would stay longer if they had a manager with Morales , but of course look at their leader.
You can and will be replaced, save yourself the grief and get a job selling cars, you will deal with far less bull than you would working for any of these sleazy people.
Amazingly enough, it's just not AZ.
They are crooked across the U.S.
Hopefully they'll be bought out one day.
Until then, don't waste the space on your resume!
Pros
good excersise running customers in and out trailers.
Cons
everything you have & haven't thought of yet!
Hostile work environment with low sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls IdahoJuly 12, 2014
The Filer/Twin Falls store was not a pleasant place to work and was often even hostile. Sales are very few and there are many reasons why you can loose a sale and not get paid. The days are long and boring as there are not many customers coming in. Managers were not supportive of the sales people and often resulted on using bulling tactics.
Pros
great commission when you get a sale
Cons
hostile work environment by managers bullying
Good Place to Work, No advancement
Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  KyJuly 8, 2014
When I first began work at Clayton Homes, I Loved It. Pay was very good and I seen a Opportunity to be able to provide a secure living and lifestyle for my Family.. A Career I could retire from. I have Two daughters and a Wife, I was able to provide a comfortable home and provide the clothes and needs of everyday life. Once we had a CEO change they changed our pay scale. At first we worked against a Draw Pay scale and as Salesman if you maintained a solid line of Customers your rewards for your efforts was a push to Succeed and more! Once the new CEO was in place all that changed, we are now on a salary of $479 a week before taxes and if you have a bad month you have no way of supporting your family. This $479 a week equates
to $289 a week. Its impossible to keep your house hold running on this. Advancement is next to impossible now all Managers are in a hectic state of mind and the Work place Morale is gone. I want a Career that I can make sure my Family has what it needs, put my Daughters through College and Retire From.
Extremely Busy.
Sr. Sales Representative and Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Sold and arranged financing for mobile homes. I relocated to CT.
Pros
traveled and great pay
Cons
should have never relocated.
productive and exciting
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 22, 2013
I have learned so much in a short period of time. Its a great industry with endless possibility. Ive enjoyed working there.
Waste of time
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  AlcoaNovember 25, 2013
Worked for smaller companies and larger companies Clayton Homes is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Top level Vp flat out lied on a number of occasions. They give you promises to help them out then when you have fixed everything you find out there never was any intentions to fulfill there promises. Absolutely no loyalty to there employees. And you never get credit for anything you do, your manager will quickly claim your achievements. Most unproffesional environment I have ever witnessed.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
too many to list
Pretty Good Pay with Pretty Bad Management
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNMarch 18, 2013
Overall Clayton is a decent place to work, but it's a better place to get experience and move on. The pay was pretty good with a great bonus structure, and the benefits and on-site extras were great (restaurant, gym, etc.)

The drawback is the culture and work environment. This company has massive employee turnover for a reason. Most department have more managers than workers and nothing gets done without tons of red tape. Plus if you do anything to get noticed, there's a manager ready to swoop in to take credit.

Also really good advancement is rare. Their management is so entrenched, you'd have to be there 30 years to land a great position. When their ads say advancement they mean collections, then bankruptcy (another form of collections), then the walking game begins.
Pros
bonus, gym, decent pay
Cons
management
More than an admin assistant
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 10, 2013
I have enjoyed working for Clayton Homes. My job as admin assistant has been challenging and rewarding. Not only do I do all the typical office duties I coordinate the warranty service for homes, order parts, order office supplies, schedule service and schedule contractors. I assist our sales team and general manger with home sales and sales documents. I maintain our display home files and customer files. I work with our corporate office on a daily basis via email, phone and fax.
On a typical day I usually arrive at the office early, so that contractors can pick up construction materials or parts needed for homes. I check voice mail and emails, answer phones and make the general manager aware of any issues or problems. I check in deliveries of parts and materials. Order parts, schedule contractors and assist with sales. Check and print reports, verify completed warranty service and work with our factories on any outstanding warranty service issues. I work with our customers, to coordinate warranty service with them and the contractors. I assist with scheduling contractors to complete home construction and home building inspections.
One of our newest sales team members referred to me as the go to person. I take that as a huge compliment.
Pros
great team work, good benefits
Cons
compensation and management turn over
Good benefit company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNJuly 16, 2012
Customer service, show homes, work with lenders, title companies and contractors.

Hardest part of the job is letting prospects know they have been declined for finaning.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
pressure to make sales when sales are down

2.7