Clayton Homes Employee Reviews

Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJanuary 29, 2016
Clayton is a great place to work. Stable company; great people; good benefits. Very nice facility at the home office. Management is down to earth and concerned about the employees
Lead Generation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 15, 2015
Typical day was calling customer's who visited Clayton's website for more housing information. Send out welcome kits and setting appointments for the customer to visit the home center.
great training
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXDecember 1, 2015
Clayton Homes was a great place to work. They have very good benefits and compensation and the work environment was family oriented
Pros
training and income
Cons
very long hours
Good Job and a good experience
Home Office Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 25, 2015
I managed over 35 national contracts, and 8 Material Managers at e plants across the South East. The job was challenging yet offered a great learning experience with great people. Unfortunately the economy cause them to close several plants and lay-off over 1/3 of their Home Office Staff Members.
Pros
Good benefits, great culture, good mangement
Cons
Travelling and inventory every quarter
Productive place
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rutledge, TNOctober 29, 2015
Very good place to work and got good benefits and the company is expanding drastically. Very good manager running the place and the company will go far in the world.
Good company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 24, 2015
Met many nice people working for Clayton Homes. I had the opportunity to travel and see many different areas. Overall a good company to work for.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Splendora, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Order parts, pay invoices and the co workers are nice.
The hardest part of the job is not always being able to help
the customers.
Pros
hours
Cons
no breaks
Manufacturing Nightmare
Final Finish (Former Employee) –  Addison, ALAugust 25, 2015
They poorly build mobile homes here. The supervisors do nothing and there is no training at all. They treat the employees as slaves.
Pros
Insurance after 60 days
Cons
basically ok place to work.
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVAugust 18, 2015
Good company to work for just need better manager's. Offer lot of good things. Just don't pay overtime, they do there overtime in a unfair manner
Pros
good benifits
Cons
lease you vehicle but wont do repairs.
upper management cares about employees but will throw you under the bus just to meet production
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  sulphur springs txAugust 17, 2015
Clayton homes is not a bad place to work besides the fact that everyone gets paid the same. if your lazy and do not work you will get paid the same as the hard working people. They do have very good cookouts for 90 days safety such as huge steaks or catered food. For Christmas they gave every employee a 15 lb ham.
You will make a lot of good work friends, but you will dislike a lot of people too.
accountability is very low which does not help with the non workers. I do enjoy having a set schedule besides having to come in early and leave late m-f.
Pros
set schedule, manegment does care for you
Cons
short break, work in extreme heat and freezing cold.
Sales
Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 29, 2015
It's very fast paced, and you have to be very diligent with follow with customers and finance companies. Organization is an absolute must. It very different from most sales positions, as we offer a no pressure sales environment for the customer. You are expected to produce, though. They reserve the right to terminate you if you cannot close sales. The work environment is generally laid back, and not ovebearing. Management is really based on individuals, my manager is alright. I love my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is keeping your deals on track. The most enjoyable part is helping people become home owners.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, paid vacation after 6 months, lots of income potential
Cons
Weird days off, work on Saturdays, your customers have constant access to you whether it's your day off or not
it was really fun work
Electrical Technician/Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJuly 28, 2015
Monday to Friday
I learned about how to do wright in first place, to work as professional, to be the best of the best technician, and about housing from flooring to roofing.
Clayton homes has the best management ever.
co-worker were the best too.
I did not see any hardest part of that job.
the most enjoyable part of the job was a team work when is needed.
great co-workers , lack of active management
Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJune 27, 2015
great place to work with wonderful co-workers. training was a little short. overall a good place to work . left to be close to family
Pros
good product
Cons
work weekends
hot and unorganized
plumber (Former Employee) –  rocky mountJune 27, 2015
building over 115 on hot days and the mgt needed to work on organization, but it was a one of the better jobs that I had, good worker how know the product and business well. the pay didn't reflect the hard work.
Okay
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 16, 2015
Long hours, able to make money if you stick with it, Co-workers were good, need a strong manager.Save money before you start.
First time working in the financial world
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJune 3, 2015
I had never worked in the field of home loans so not understanding the work I was performing made it frustrating. I adapted and made the best of the situation.
Management was horrible!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 29, 2015
Hired as administrative assistant and opened store daily. Cleaned the floors, took out trash, accounts payable, answered phones and all of the other normal duties of an admin asst. then came the "take my car and run from one county to the next with NO reimbursement for it". The wear and tear on my vehicle, my gas and they did not pay me enough for that.
Pros
employment
Cons
manager
Fast pace Fun work environment
Final Finish (Former Employee) –  New London, NCMay 28, 2015
The enjoyment of this job was satisfying you seem to learn something new everyday. The work day started for me with doing crown molding baseboards and window trim as well as cabnits door trim things such as that I was normally done with my job by lunch and would contiue by helping others with theirs each day varied as such I learned to tack track pad do carpet and fix dry wall do walk throughs to check quality help with painting and final cleaning and wrapped for shipping. It was an enjoyment to watch a home go from a frame to and acual home with all the perks added through each station you could see the accomplishment of building the home and seeing it all come together very satisfying.
Pros
The family atmosphere, and the communication between supervisors, and workers, and the way they wanted you to secceed, and grow
Cons
long hours, late nights, very hot in summer months, but all in all satisfying
fun
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 27, 2015
Days include running of client based processing needs.
Many technical skills acquired.
Upper management keeps secrets
Fellow co workers were GREAT!
Hardest part was dealing with not knowing when layoffs may come.
I met many new friends and loved the family based atmosphere.
Pros
Work
Cons
n/a
Man bass company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 22, 2015
this is a man bass company and don't think women are worth working there, not a good company for a woman to work at. felt very alone