Clayton Homes Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOJanuary 18, 2018
Great to meet all kinds of people. In most cases was able help improve their lifestyle. Clayton Homes offered a friendly workplace culture, your were treated as one of the Clayton family. Was compensated well for my performance.
Pros
Working on performance based commision
Cons
Was rated on everyone else completing their job
Work Life & Balance is Great....
Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Management lacks training and experience, lack of education, cut-throat environment in a bull pen with other type-A personalities. Advancement is possible but out of state only, have Management in Training program but candidates are already pre-selected.
Pros
Free lunches, time off when needed
Cons
Absence comes with penalties, Manager lacks experience
fast paced, pays very well for top producers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2018
very lucrative for top producers. If you are not a top 10% producer you will be broke. Guidelines change constantly. with very little instruction on changes being implemented. Employees often left to learn by trial and error
Pros
meet lots of people.
Cons
programs and plans change daily
stressful environment where the customer is taken advantage of on a daily basis.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 12, 2018
Clayton Homes is a monopoly in the manufactured home market. They control the building, sales, financing, insurance and warranty for every client. They steer clients to their own non independent lender Vanderbuilt Mortgage. Totally working in their own best interests.
Lack of team environment
Warranty Service Technician/Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCJanuary 12, 2018
As a sales center service employee you will encounter lots of poor quality issues from the factory with new homes. The factory employees have no sense of pride in their work and quality standards are very low. You will spend most of your time doing things that would not be necessary if the factories took the time to do it right the first time. It is very rare for any opportunity for advancement as a sales center service employee. My experience was not great but a lot of that was due to the management and some of the other staff at the sales center I worked for. Clayton Homes as a company is ok, but there is definitely a culture that is all about production and profits for the company instead of valuing their employees or providing a quality product.
Pros
Affordable health insurace/flexible schedule
Cons
Poor quality control standards create frustration
Quick paced, lack of concern for workers from management
Roof Decker, Roofer, Back Panel, Side Wall Build (Former Employee) –  Maynardville, TNJanuary 6, 2018
Social work environment was sub-par. Colleagues are rude and selfish. Management pushes employees to work with barely any rest, despite conditions. My brother was fired for looking after his wife and newborn, causing him to be late by 3 minutes. Honestly, they are a bunch of slavedrivers.
Cons
Short breaks, long days, bad conditions, bad management.
a regular day at work
trim worker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJanuary 5, 2018
i learned how to lay carpet and run trim in trailers every one was friendly the manager worked right beside us. The hardest part of the job was the heat some days it was over a 100 in side the houses and then the sweat would pour into your eyes and burn, when it was really hot they company would by us pizza for lunch and ice cream for desert.
Fast paced hard honest work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 3, 2018
On an average work day we would start around 6:00 a.m. by loading anywhere from 80-150 center blocks onto a trailer. We had to be always thinking one step ahead in order to make sure we had all supplies to set a house. I loved the hard work and fast pace it seemed to keep us in shape, out of trouble, and a little spending money to treat the family more than fair
Pros
Long hours great lay
Cons
No overtime, benefits, or paid time off
productive and great place to work.
Floor builder (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNJanuary 2, 2018
very fast paced, friendly work place, good paying job, consistant hours, monday through friday. pay increases. health and dental insurance benefits after 90 days.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, TNJanuary 1, 2018
Overall great place to work! Fast paced so time usually flies by and always have something to do to occupy your time. Good benefits and paid vacations!
Pros
Fast paced work
Cons
Never know when you will get off
Team Leader/Utility (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNJanuary 1, 2018
Fast paced environment, enjoyed working there for the years I was there. Building houses had become a big part of my everyday routine when I got to work. I am a fast learner.
Duties
Line Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXJanuary 1, 2018
After being promoted to area lead over top build and sidewall build, the daily job was a bit more than i was used to. After i was trained the job was very simple and very fast paced.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay
Great small work setting
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCDecember 30, 2017
With a small work setting really got to know your co-workers. Also, customer became like family helping them along the way as they purchased and then moved into their home. The entire Clayton Homes setup was very organized and well designed.
Great People
OD Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 29, 2017
I work as a temp but the culture and the people are great and I was not micromanaged at all which was great! They even have a a fitness center and cafe which is a ideal work package if you ask me.
Clayton
Sales Associate/ Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2017
The customers that we get are great. Management needs a desire for some work. Under different management I could see this company succeed.

Hardest part of the job, was communication and no team work.
Pros
Clients, Location
Cons
Na
great job, if you have the right tools
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TXDecember 15, 2017
started at a new store, new management. business was slow, and stayed slow, lack of initial guidance from leadership made sales challenging. into the 3rd quarter, sales started picking up but without a pipeline, it makes for living paycheck to paycheck.
i've learned a lot about local real estate,and i enjoy that. coworkers are great. competitive, but great, and encouraging.
hardest part is continual follow up, and paperwork. best part is helping people
Total Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VADecember 7, 2017
Clayton Homes was a good company to work for I just worked for poor management. Would not help anybody else in the program to help them make money. Once he got upset with you that was it, he tried to find reason to let you go made it worse. Made it a hostile work environment with that and all the unprofessional activities that went on in the office.
Pros
Great company good salary
Cons
Unprofessional local management
ok
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 30, 2017
Good Co. You get what you put into.it . Benefits should be better for such a big company. It's a good company where there is no limit to your income .
Pros
sal ans commission
Cons
management
Productive place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 28, 2017
Typical day was busy.
Learned to work on AS400 system.
Management was fair.
Workplace culture was ok.
The hardest part of the job were monthly closings.
The most enjoyable part of the job lunches.
Great worker
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 15, 2017
I was a very dependable employee done excellent work just have problems dealing with public . I treat everyone as a friend and someone I have known for a long time and it gets me in trouble.
Pros
Good job period
Cons
Dealing with public was hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton Homes. Our community is ready to answer.