Clayton Homes Employee Reviews

It was a very good work place where you could learn something new
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCMarch 24, 2017
A typical day was from 7 till 3:30. I learned alot about how to cut screw, hammer, and surcue my projects. The managers was good long as you did good and kept up with your work. There was no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part bout the job was working with your hands and creating something that you are happy with.
Work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAMarch 6, 2017
The company is what you make it. It is a great company own by Warren Buffett who takes care his employees. As long as the salesman are selling homes your job security is good.
Pros
Good chance to improve your future
Cons
Management can be better
stuffy atmosphere.
salesperson (Former Employee) –  Jacksboro, TNMarch 2, 2017
I worked there for 3 months and was let go for looking at facebook. One of my co workers saw me on fb and called corporate and lodged a complaint. I was let go the next day. There is not anything to keep busy with during the day. Customers are rarely on the lot and the pay is not very good. If you are looking for a sales job look elsewhere. Mobile homes do NOT sell very well.
Clayton's was a good place to work just left because of drive.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rutledge, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Always be honest, Treat others how you want to be treated. If a team member needs help or anyone really help them. Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help that's how we learn.
Pros
Insurance, Good pay
Outstanding company to work for-- great environment and benifits
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNFebruary 17, 2017
With the position of Lead Generation Specialist I spoke with customers who visited the Clayton Homes website and asked what they were looking for in a home to get an email sent to them with more floor plans and virtual tours. I then referred them to the closest home center. I learned a lot about professionalism- this was my first job in a professional, business atmosphere. The management I was under was great, they really wanted to see me succeed in growing within the company and helped me with that. The department I was in was mostly beneficial for college students because you are able to make your own schedule, though you have to work at least 20 hours, but you may work up to 30 because you are only part time. But there were people of all ages (over 18) doing the job. The hardest part of the job is just trying to get a customer to visit a home center because most of them are in the very beginning stages of their home search and feel as if they would be pushed to purchase if they were to stop by and take a tour of the homes. And sometimes filing a formal complaint regarding either their home or their experience with a home center . The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely when a customer lets you know that you have helped them. Very rewarding feeling to have someone say things like "Thank you so much for your help" or "You are so kind and I appreciate it".
Pros
Discounts at certain businesses, campus cafeteria and exercise facility
Cons
Short breaks
Fun fun fun
Office/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I love working for Clayton Homes, except past manager didn't know how to manage payroll and over paid contractors that delivered same jobs over and over
Fast pace job with plenty of motivated people to erge you to keep going along with team leaders and area corrinader who work with you.
Floater/plumber (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Good place to work. TRAINING Goes Pretty smoothly, decent break times, and for as long as I worked there never had to work on an saturday. Patient and reliable management.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, all around good work environment
Cons
Plenty of negative coworkwrs and team leaders
Job was good
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  WvJanuary 18, 2017
Was in charge of setting appointment going n fixing anything with homes making customers happy........ job was set by own hours. Used own vehicle and tools.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
No days off
not a good company
Sales Associate and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 22, 2016
no customer support, micromanaged, management wasnt knowledgeable about products or how to help you. I did like my fellow employees. I learned to be self sufficient.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
no support
Fun awesome place to work
Floor Builder (Former Employee) –  Rutledge, TNDecember 14, 2016
I worked on the floor jigg and was a header builder. Getting into a rhythm and building up your headers for the whole day as well as the next day started out was easy after a while. Yes you sweat, yes the headers are heavy and climbing in and out of a floor all day and dealing with insulation sucks but the crew I had was great and made it tolerable. Honestly, if the pay was better, and it was not so reliant on people buying I would have probably stayed a whole lot longer.
Family like environment.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  MillsboroDecember 12, 2016
Sales eat sales world. Need to be aggressive and extremely competitive. Should have a background in sales . If you can't get the required number of sales in the required amount of time then you will be terminated. Your office is supportive but also have their own work to do.
Pros
Family friendly and flexible around appointments
Great Teamwork
Roofing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCDecember 1, 2016
The employee's are what made this job so much fun. Roofing can be hard but I love to work with my hands, not to mention we did more then just roofing. I had the chance to work with all types of tools because I also assisted in painting, buffing, laying hardwood and applying crown molding.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  White pine tnNovember 15, 2016
Learned alot there about building clea cleaning good rules good pay got laid off good place to woc good noises they treat there worker good
good work but not enough
Finisher/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 15, 2016
self contracted so i worked my own hours. management was good, but not enough work to keep me busy. the best part about the job was working my own hours which helped a lot
excelent work place highly recomend
Floors (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INNovember 14, 2016
This job taught me a lot of new challenges/experience. very clean work place a safe. management was great and friendly. The employees are easy to work with.
Good place to work if you dont have a family
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXNovember 10, 2016
It's hard work, but the pay is ok if you don't have kids. You are basically locked in once you clock in, you can't leave or even go to your car until you clock out.
Senior Business (BI) Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 7, 2016
Fitting the right team together in order to get a great team work environment is challenging. However, I believe the recruiting department is going strides above and beyond to ensure a great work environment in the future.
Pros
salary, bonus, time off
Cons
changing expectations or job duties on the fly
It's a good job just don't get paid enough money to deal with that
Ged Program (Current Employee) –  Bonham TexasOctober 13, 2016
It's a good place to work butt I need to get more money I would love to stay with a job and move up in it but it don't seem like you would do anything like that it seems like you upset they're stuck in one spot maybe nothing
Pros
One break in the morning and lunch time no more breaks not state law
Cons
The people are nice but that don't pay the bills
Great Place to Work
Electrician, Team Leader Intern (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my entire time with this company, a very great place to work where you really feel like a team member and a person not just a number, I relocated due to my Fiance' and her job in OKC
A Great Experience
Exterior Vinyl (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GASeptember 6, 2016
Working for Clayton Homes was one of the most enjoyable experience. There were some rough patches at times, but the overall experience in working for the company was very pleasurable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton Homes. Our community is ready to answer.