Clayton School District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Challenging and dedicated school district.
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOMay 24, 2016
The Clayton School District is one of the top school districts in the state of Missouri.
Every student is provided a top educational experience.
Everything is top notch!
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJune 17, 2015
Clayton IS best practices. Perhaps the only problem that Clayton has is "Why are our VST students not performing as highly as our local kids?" One would think that a district and its' teachers wouldn't worry if they were already on top, but everyone here does worry and strives to improve.

I've never worked at a school that had such a solid administration that backs you up as well as everyone at Wydown and CHS. I've never had such decorated, professional, and inventive colleagues. Furthermore, everyone is generally willing to share and help.

Perhaps the only complaint one could have is a very high amount of "helicopter parenting." Expect long emails in response to a "C" on a Research Paper, 1/2 hour discussions about a child's emotional state, etc. That can be annoying when you're trying to go home and pick up your kids, etc., but it beats not ever seeing your kids' parents.
Pros
Everything in regards to pedagogy, curriculum, and your actual ability to teach and teach well
Cons
Helicopter Parents
Good experience for a new teacher.
Certified Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2015
I worked at the middle school for various teachers in multiple content areas. I found the fellow team teachers I worked with directly to very supportive.
H.R. and children were exceptional!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MissouriFebruary 14, 2013
The children were well mannered, bright student's. Co-worker's were easy to get along with; there was not anything hard about this job. Hours for this job seemed to 'sail' along easily.
Pros
i very much enjoyed this job.
Cons
temporary job with low pay.
Great place to work and learn!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOAugust 19, 2012
The Clayton School District is well-run and provides wonderful educational opportunities for its students and teachers.
Encouraging and welcoming School District
Middle School and High School Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake and Clayton, WIJune 21, 2012
Clayton School District is a great place to work, with great staff and students. It is a smaller district, but tight-knit and definitely a place to belong. Loved working with all the staff there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.9