Clayton State University Employee Reviews

hard work no pay
Groundsman Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 1, 2017
The staff was great to be around but the management was horrible. We worked hard on a daily bases but they never wanted to give us a raise because they didn't want to spend money.
Great Learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 31, 2017
I was able to learn a lot about the ins and outs of the athletic director and assistant athletic director positions. This internship helped me with my communication skills while allowing me the opportunity to get first hand knowledge on how ADs broker deals with other programs.
A fun and great place to work
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 15, 2017
I loved teaching students a different perspective of dance culture. My coworkers treated me and everyone else like we were a great big family. If I can go back after I renew my certifications, I most definitely would.
Good working environment.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 10, 2017
Departments need work. Overall good working environment. The students are great people to work with. There are many nontraditional students and commuter students
Excellent
Instructor; Clinical Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 9, 2017
I have been very pleased to work here. I have been very fortunate throughout my health care career to continually be able to find positions that have assisted me in my personal and professional development.
Productive fun environment
Sports Information Director Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Working at Clayton State I was able to interact with a lot of great people. They care for the well being of their employees. Always encouraging to make the next big step in life. I was close with management. They made work feel at home. The most enjoyable part would be the day to day interaction with students.
Very Felxible fun School
Student (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Very nice school, Students and faculty are both friendly and helpful. Enjoyed being able to network and practice radio interviewing techniques.
cool college
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GANovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed working here the students loved me and would always help out when needed. I had advantage to get to play on the basketball courts working there after hours.
great work place
Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GA 30260October 10, 2016
Great opportunity to learn new stuff about computers. Nice work environment. I really gained a lot of computer skill experience. I think the work load was quite decent. The management team was exceptional.
Pros
opportunity to socialize
Cons
Short breaks.
Interesting to teach french for the Freshmen
Tutor of mathematics, critical thinking and French (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 18, 2016
It is a great responsibility to undertake a tutor position because I am dealing with the Freshmen and I have to make a great effort to make them understand the basics and the beginners level French language for them to earn good scores.
Great Work Enviroment.
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 3, 2016
Productive and family oriented workplace.
I learned professional skills.
I grew as a person and student through this organization.
Pros
Experiences, People you meet
Cons
N/a
House Manager, managing events at Spivey Hall, Clayton State University.
House Manager Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 29, 2016
As a part time House Manager, I am enjoying being culturally enriched by many facets of music. I enjoy meeting so many people and l like the coworkers; and the entire work environment.
Pros
Meeting people
Excellent Workplace for Students
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 17, 2016
Clayton State University is the best place to work for an individual who is seeking part-time employment while working in school. The hours are very flexible, and the working environment is very relaxed.
Pros
Flexible, laid back
Cons
Lack of benefits or opportunities for a full-time position
Exciting Place to work
Security Administrator - Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work is responding to emails, answering phone calls, going to meetings, providing technical support, and constantly reviewing, updating, terminating staff members access.

I love being a security administrator. I find lot of joy in what i do. The days goes by fast.
The most enjoyable part of my day, is working with people i love to be around, and being able to assist them when help is needed.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
What else can I say!
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Clayton State has been an interesting University to work. The student, the faculty and staff are honest and hardworking. They really are the Motto: Dreams. Made. Real
Great place for growth and advancement
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 31, 2016
The university is growing and providing more opportunities to its students and staff. It is a great place to learn and work.
very fun place to work. my second family
Gym Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 13, 2016
I had many roles. I would teach group exercise classes, check people in the gym, take payments, and do some cleaning. I learned how to operate a cash register while working there. I loved my co-workers, they were really fun to be around. I never really felt like we were at work.
Pros
being able use the gym
Cons
not being able work there after graduation
Fun
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
Got to learn a lot. Gained some skills and quality experience. If it were not for the Hub, I would not have gotten hired by a tech giant like Apple
Great entry level position
Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2015
The job is pretty is easy and I like it so far. This job I think, is a stepping stool, entry level type job. I was trained to be more knowledgeable about the software that I am currently using to scan the school's documents into the system. I use Microsoft office, word, spreadsheet, DocStar and a Kodak scanner. My supervisor is understandable, always available, and always willing and ready to help should you have any questions. The workload is reasonable and I never feel overworked and overwhelmed.
Pros
Flexible, laid back, not mico-managed
Cons
Low pay
Start with update necessary and chaeck my application
Customer service/ Public relation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2015
It was a good working environment . The management were very great. They helped in my career path and l had all the assistant needed to grow and move forward in life. It was always busy environment in other to grow.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Health