Clayton State University

Clayton State University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Workplace and Faculty
Computer Science Department Tutor (Current Employee), Morrow, GAJune 4, 2015
Relaxed workplace, kind faculty, tons of opportunities, competitive pay.

A typical day includes me tutoring 5-10 students through out the day, supervising the tech lab, occasionally working of department projects that include 3D printing, game development, and making presentation material for the departments public events.
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJune 1, 2015
I learned a lot of new work related things, that has given me the skills to apply to other jobs. Overall great job I had there.
If you want gray hair
grounds (Current Employee), Morrow, GAApril 18, 2015
Pros: all the little people
Cons: managemnet
stress is not the word for CSU, everything is last minute and is your fault if task is not completed in the time frame they want. Management is afraid to let upper management know that more employees are need to complete tasks, they want to look good for running campus with less staff than other campus. Moral is so low that 20+year employees are look for other jobs.
The employees are the best, that is the only reason to stay here its sure not the money or the appreciation you get from management
Productive and Fun Workplace
Housing and Residence Life Office Manager (Current Employee), Morrow GAMarch 19, 2015
Great place to work. There is not much room for advancement. The Residents are great to work with and I take pride in helping each and everyone of them succeed.
Good School
Student (Former Employee), StudentFebruary 9, 2015
Good School, teachers were very knowledgeable, nice campus, nice amenities, gym is very nice to work out in, fairly priced
Students have a great opportunity here
Peer Tutor, Center for Academic Success (Former Employee), Morrow, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: great working environment, great people
I worked here part time as a peer tutor while I was a student here. I got to set my own schedule and I was not required to complete a set number of hours per week. It was so nice to have some time to make a little money and meet lots of great people at the same time. I learned a lot about different ways to approach a student's problem and how to better help others.

Management was awesome! The director was so sweet, very helpful, and understanding. She mostly let us do our thing and did not micromanage us at all.

Coworkers were great too. Everyone who was there wanted to be there and that makes all the difference.

Probably the hardest part of the job was just figuring out how to better explain the solution to a problem and make sure the students really got it on their own.

The most enjoyable part of working there was the atmosphere and the people.
Good Place to work for
Advisor (Former Employee), GeorgiaJanuary 6, 2015
Clayton is a great place to work for. I have a supportive supervisor, great co-workers and excellent support from Faculty and Staff.
Enjoyed the experience of working with students.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Morrow, GaDecember 29, 2014
Pros: enjoyed helping others to become successful students and better learners.
Cons: there are no cons in this line of work.
The job gives you a perspective from that of the educator as well as the student. You learn to be a responsible student in addition to becoming a responsible tutor responsible for helping others succeed.
Review
Communication specialist (Former Employee), MorrowDecember 12, 2014
I learned that work is competitive--with that there will always be a chance to be better and grow. I learned how to become a leader in more ways than one. Two things helped me thrive in a competitive environment which is time and behavior--which both are essential in a professional setting.
Great Place to work
Director, Diversity Programs (Former Employee), Morrow, GAOctober 15, 2014
Clayton State is a place were students are shown how much they are valued and where people care about their education and advancement. Co-workers are team players and supportive of goa
Collegial environment with helpful staff.
Spanish Instructor (Lecturer) (Current Employee), Morrow, GAAugust 15, 2014
Helpful staff with good management and collegial co-workers.
A typical day at Work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Morrow, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: breaking down event
The day would usually began with setting up for a function (s). After setting up for the function a day before or an hour or two before the event, catering assistants would aide in the last of the preparations of food for the event. Catering assistants like myself are in charge of making sure that the food makes it to the buffet while simultaneously keeping it at the correct temperature to prevent food poisoning. After taking care of each customer, catering assistants are in charge of breaking down the buffet and cleaning up after the events are over; this part of work could be quite tedious at times. The best part about catering is the opportunity to try food prepared for different groups; lot's of food prepared were of different cultures which made it exciting.
Good people.
ADMISSION COUNSELOR & RECRUITER (Current Employee), Morrow, GAJuly 27, 2014
good environment
Very productive and educational experience
Special Event Assistant Coordinator (Internship) (Former Employee), Morrow,GaJuly 8, 2014
Developed and maintained an advisory committee of general board members.
Scheduled committee meetings and maintained accurate records and minutes from meetings.
Amazing place to work
Building Manager (Former Employee), Morrow, GeorgiaJuly 8, 2014
Pros: often fed by events and vendors, always free stuff from vendors, laid back environment, always praising the workers for a job well done
Cons: absolutely no cons if you work in campus life
I worked for Campus Life. Everyday I would come in and answer all phone calls, do paperwork, help in our game room, and multiple other tasks. I've learned an expansive amount from this job more than I could be able to put into words. I had some of the coolest bosses always laid back but never afraid to actually tell somebody when they've done wrong. I can not say that there was a "hard part" to this job honestly every day was enjoyable... I wouldnt call it an "easy" job but its a relaxed environment and had no moments of being too hard for anybody
Calm Environment
Writing Consultant (Current Employee), Morrow, GAJune 15, 2014
Pros: rate of pay, co-workers
Cons: limited hours
This is a very, relaxed and easy jobs. You have an appointment slots that are filled by clients. You edit papers, resumes, and etc.
Stressful Work Envoirment
Custodian II (Former Employee), Morrow, GAMay 21, 2014
Pros: compliments on work
Cons: low wages, no advancement, co.workers
My years at clayton state was filled with stress and
Aniexity from other co workers and management
Pay was minimum with no raise insight.
When i left csu i didn't work for a year.
By choice im now Supervisor of the custodial
Staff at The Department Of Revenue! !!
Making good money still stress!!!
My work place
IT Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Morrow, GAApril 28, 2014
Pros: the interaction with people.
Cons: health care
My primary job at the university is to make sure all staff devices (referring to Laptops, Desktops, iPhones, Fax Machines, and Tablets) function at peak condition. There are four ways i provide this type of service - over the phone, remote login, as a field service tech, and over the counter working face to face with my clients.
The thing i love about my job, is helping my clients with issues regarding their failed devices. Including being able to successfully repair or troubleshoot their devices helps put a smile on their faces because they know the QOS that was rendered was outstanding.
fun environment
Employer Assistant (Former Employee), Morrow, GAMarch 12, 2014
great experience working with the various employers and making sure they were provided for. environment was friendly and positive
Work under pressure the majority of times b/c of Deadlines. Enjoyable work environment
Processing Supervisor (Current Employee), Morrow, GAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: monthly birthday party
Cons: shorter christmas breaks, and raises due to the economy
a typical day at work is very busy for me, which I love. I learn new things that I didn't know often. my environment is enjoyable and my co-workers all work together as a team, which makes my job easier. the hardest part of the job is getting the students to turn in there documents on time and not wait until the last minute. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have processed the students documents in a timely and accurate manner.