Clayton State University Employee Reviews

Exciting Place to work
Security Administrator - Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at work is responding to emails, answering phone calls, going to meetings, providing technical support, and constantly reviewing, updating, terminating staff members access.

I love being a security administrator. I find lot of joy in what i do. The days goes by fast.
The most enjoyable part of my day, is working with people i love to be around, and being able to assist them when help is needed.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
Excellent Workplace for Students
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 17, 2016
Clayton State University is the best place to work for an individual who is seeking part-time employment while working in school. The hours are very flexible, and the working environment is very relaxed.
Pros
Flexible, laid back
Cons
Lack of benefits or opportunities for a full-time position
House Manager, managing events at Spivey Hall, Clayton State University.
House Manager Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 29, 2016
As a part time House Manager, I am enjoying being culturally enriched by many facets of music. I enjoy meeting so many people and l like the coworkers; and the entire work environment.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
very fun place to work. my second family
Gym Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 13, 2016
I had many roles. I would teach group exercise classes, check people in the gym, take payments, and do some cleaning. I learned how to operate a cash register while working there. I loved my co-workers, they were really fun to be around. I never really felt like we were at work.
Pros
being able use the gym
Cons
not being able work there after graduation
Great Work Enviroment.
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 3, 2016
Productive and family oriented workplace.
I learned professional skills.
I grew as a person and student through this organization.
Pros
Experiences, People you meet
Cons
N/A
Great entry level position
Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2015
The job is pretty is easy and I like it so far. This job I think, is a stepping stool, entry level type job. I was trained to be more knowledgeable about the software that I am currently using to scan the school's documents into the system. I use Microsoft office, word, spreadsheet, DocStar and a Kodak scanner. My supervisor is understandable, always available, and always willing and ready to help should you have any questions. The workload is reasonable and I never feel overworked and overwhelmed.
Pros
Flexible, laid back, not mico-managed
Cons
Low pay
Start with update necessary and chaeck my application
Customer service/ Public relation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2015
It was a good working environment . The management were very great. They helped in my career path and l had all the assistant needed to grow and move forward in life. It was always busy environment in other to grow.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Health
What else can I say!
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Clayton State has been an interesting University to work. The student, the faculty and staff are honest and hardworking. They really are the Motto: Dreams. Made. Real
make it flow
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 9, 2015
One must be able to multitask. It is important to see the big picture as the main goal is to ensure the student/customer is able to succeed. Never be afraid to ask questions even if it requires you must prod others to follow through on their responsibilities.

The most enjoyable part of my day is the interaction with my fellow peers across campus. Nice to be part of a team working together. There is never a dull moment and always something that requires one to investigate what or why.
Pros
Overall staff great to work with
Cons
Management training is just as important as staff when there is turnover, Pay should be based on skills and qualifications to keep skilled workers
Great place for growth and advancement
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 31, 2016
The university is growing and providing more opportunities to its students and staff. It is a great place to learn and work.
Fun
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
Got to learn a lot. Gained some skills and quality experience. If it were not for the Hub, I would not have gotten hired by a tech giant like Apple
Great campus to work at.
Client Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 8, 2015
The campus atmosphere is pretty amazing and has awesome views all over. The management is not the best and doesn't always put the employees first within the department. My co-workers are pretty great, we all get along and have fun throughout the day no matter how stressful it gets. The hardest part of the job is the unrealistic expectations and demands and the big gap with salary for equivalent positions at different organizations and universities.
Pros
Flexible with hours and schedule
Cons
Salary pay
A place of growth
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 8, 2015
I love my alma mater. Clayton State University is a school where each student is nurtured to become an active civilian in our nation and a great person regardless the location they find themselves in this world. We were educated in interpersonal and intrapersonal skills that way we can accept each other for who they are and not what we do. My alma mater is truly a campus of unity.
Enjoyable Workplace and Faculty
Computer Science Department Tutor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 4, 2015
Relaxed workplace, kind faculty, tons of opportunities, competitive pay.

A typical day includes me tutoring 5-10 students through out the day, supervising the tech lab, occasionally working of department projects that include 3D printing, game development, and making presentation material for the departments public events.
If you want gray hair
grounds (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 18, 2015
stress is not the word for CSU, everything is last minute and is your fault if task is not completed in the time frame they want. Management is afraid to let upper management know that more employees are need to complete tasks, they want to look good for running campus with less staff than other campus. Moral is so low that 20+year employees are look for other jobs.
The employees are the best, that is the only reason to stay here its sure not the money or the appreciation you get from management
Pros
all the little people
Cons
managemnet

Comment – July 24, 2015

9 employees have left in the last 4 month, all from facilities management from 20+ years to 2 years of employment, to say something is wrong is a understatement

Clayton State Annual Fund was great
Engaged students, faculty, staff (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 13, 2015
This position no longer exists but it was a great experience. Management was excellent.There were no opportunities to advance and unfortunately the position was eliminated.
Enjoyed the experience of working with students.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GaDecember 29, 2014
The job gives you a perspective from that of the educator as well as the student. You learn to be a responsible student in addition to becoming a responsible tutor responsible for helping others succeed.
Pros
enjoyed helping others to become successful students and better learners.
Cons
there are no cons in this line of work.
Good group to work with
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 24, 2015
nice supportive folks, fun to work here, great supervision, Good work-life balance, Good hours, beautiful location and campus, long drive to food
Amazing place to work
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GeorgiaJuly 8, 2014
I worked for Campus Life. Everyday I would come in and answer all phone calls, do paperwork, help in our game room, and multiple other tasks. I've learned an expansive amount from this job more than I could be able to put into words. I had some of the coolest bosses always laid back but never afraid to actually tell somebody when they've done wrong. I can not say that there was a "hard part" to this job honestly every day was enjoyable... I wouldnt call it an "easy" job but its a relaxed environment and had no moments of being too hard for anybody
Pros
often fed by events and vendors, always free stuff from vendors, laid back environment, always praising the workers for a job well done
Cons
absolutely no cons if you work in campus life
My work place
IT Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 28, 2014
My primary job at the university is to make sure all staff devices (referring to Laptops, Desktops, iPhones, Fax Machines, and Tablets) function at peak condition. There are four ways i provide this type of service - over the phone, remote login, as a field service tech, and over the counter working face to face with my clients.
The thing i love about my job, is helping my clients with issues regarding their failed devices. Including being able to successfully repair or troubleshoot their devices helps put a smile on their faces because they know the QOS that was rendered was outstanding.
Pros
the interaction with people.
Cons
health care

Clayton State University Reviews by Location