Clean Energy Employee Reviews

Not So Clean Energy
Technical Support Representative - PLC (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 21, 2016
Clean Energy has the feel of a Start Up company. They have an excellent product with strong and seasoned upper management. However, they are very difficult employers. They have very little interest in employees at the working level yet they have a strong interest in making up appearances. One can find that their company is strong on image and sales but very weak on anything else. The skilled professionals are essential to the company's well-being and the advancement of the company's objectives. Clean Energy management exploits what employees bring in to the job yet expend very little effort in cultivating it. However, there are training programs for service technicians to ensure competent and safe service.
Pros
Great Product, Strong Upper Management
Cons
Image Oriented, Lack of interest in Employee Well-Being, Class System, Lack of Advancement
Company has a long way to go
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Natural Gas for commercial vehicles is a very competitive business. Right now diesel is $2 per gallon and CNG is $1.90, not enough spread to sway customers over.
Pros
The largest provider of CNG to fleets
Cons
Managements pricing schedule is too high compared to competition
Good job, not that challenging
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  N.VarginaDecember 15, 2015
On call 24/7 working from home solo, with support when needed.
I was well trained, and I had mechanical, electrical, and software responsibilities. I also handled all logistics.
Pros
A company that is good for Amercia.
Cons
Company being crushed by cheap forign oil.
A great place to work. Best group of people.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 12, 2015
working there was a lot of fun. We worked under the gun most of the time, but it was always a team effort.
Some positions are only family tolerant. Overall though very family friendly. Be prepared to become part of a family if you start at CES.
Pros
No one else in the world is doing exactly what they are.
Cons
can be highly volatile work environment. not bad if you can take a lot of change
Productive and fun workplace
PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR/ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee) –  Ranco Cordova, CAMarch 31, 2015
Clean Energy Systems provided an environment where employees had a voice. Every single person working for CES was happy and uplifting, positive and encouraging.
Management allowed employees to work under minimal direction which led to greater productivity.
I simply cannot say enough about the benefits CES has to offer!
Innovative company
Executive Assistant to EVP (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMarch 27, 2015
Forward thinking company providing energy solutions to many industries as well as the private sector. The marketing department is responsible for arranging events, coordinating printed materials and travel planning for marketing executives.
Pros
Talented employees
Cons
Relocated from Seal Beach to Newport Beach
Very good company they are very fair
Solids Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Keene, NDMarch 18, 2015
This Company takes care of there people they have hosing close to there location and great safety programs. Management is hands on , lots of room for advancement
Nice people and conservative culture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2015
This is a good company to work for, they have great people working for them. It is just not a good time for this industry.
out a business
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder CoDecember 2, 2014
they had great plans but they could not make them happen
very disorganized, very unsafe
Pros
good pay
Cons
poorly managed
Good employees, very poorly managed
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 26, 2014
Clean Energy senior management lacks tremendous amount of leadership and management skills. They lead by fear carry an unprofessional manner most of the time.

The lack of professionalism in management, foul language, profanity and constant yelling at employees is of a norm.

Although a talented group of employees work there, unfortunately they are not appreciated nor they are praised. Rather than, they are constantly being yelled at and demanded to produce more than humanly possible in a short timeframe.

I would not recommend to anyone joining this company as eventually they will regard it.
Pros
Learned about CNG & LNG
Cons
Very poor leadership and management skills of senior management
New field
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2014
I was happy to be apart of a new fuel program for the company and UPS. I enjoyed fueling the rigs.
Natural Gas for Vehicles
Executive Assistant 5 Vice Presidents (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMay 8, 2014
great place to work. unfortunately it is 80 miles roundtrip to the office.
Productive and good environment. good compensation
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 18, 2014
1. I will answer Request For Information (RFI) from different construction managers throughout the USA regarding their electrical construction issues.
2. Design a CNG fueling station for a project site based on standard electrical template previously designed.
3. I learned to do all means to finish a project set on a deadline. Prioritize things to do in a limited time. Good communication is the key.
4. There is a poor communication line between engineering department in our office and sister company in Canada regarding design changes.
5. I have no problem with my co-workers. We have established a monthly lunch potluck to boost camaraderie.
6. There are too numerous layer of management.
7. The hardest part of the job is sacrificing technical values to fit into the construction budget set by our sales department.
8. Most enjoyable part of the job is being praised for doing a good job.
Pros
50% company share for 401K contributed, Annual salary adjustment based on job performance, good healthcare insurance
Cons
Too far from my residence, road traffic
professional corporation promotes team work and self starters
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Mid-Atlantic RegionJune 30, 2013
Contact public and private and municipal transportation fleets and discuss with them the benefits of clean burning natural gas.
Pros
outstanding product
Cons
8 state region
Cutting edge CNG business
Engineer (Former Employee) –  NY / CTApril 3, 2013
O emissions product requiring very high pressure, expensive equipment and control issues. Take 100 to 160 Psi of piped in Natural Gas, dry it and compress the heck out of it, then put same in your vehicle at 3,400 psi ! Ford CNG Pickup gets 180 miles per tank, Ford Gasoline Pickup gets 280 miles per tank, but CNG is cleaner...

Great company founder with great vision!
Pros
o emissions
Cons
high psi
Strong work ethic, great team environment
Design/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAMarch 26, 2013
Exceptional business to work for. Very positive outlook for employees.
Pros
positive group
Excellent management staff
TEMP HUMAN RESOURCES CLARK (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Very Calm office environment with excellent Management and co-workers.
I absolutly love my job, i learn something new every day and is always busy.
Pros
we have a cafe market and free gym!
Cons
i only work 4hrs a day
Concept was good. Owners vision was incomplete.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2012
I would rate this company very low on my list of companies to work for. Compensation when I took the job was great. Benefits poor. Job security wasn't good for what I was hired to do. Management of employees very poor and management of company didn't know what direction they wanted to take the company in. Basically good people just not at directing employees. They couldn't turn loose and trust employees to do the job they were hired to do.
Pros
starting salary was good.
Cons
owner gave description of what he wanted built and them wouldn't provide funding to finish task.
Through the years of working in an office environment, I have picked up a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 8, 2012
Created and controlled all new accounts for Colorado; performed basic accounting tasks
including invoicing, accounts receivable and payable, and developing and maintaining
spreadsheets; managed all aspects of office/administrative functions; assisted professional
staff with implementation and completion of special projects.