CLEAN HARBORS

CLEAN HARBORS Employer Reviews

Operator jobs
Operator (Former Employee), Sawyer, NDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: poor wages, and advancement
Cons: good beneifts
This company was terrible to work for. Management was poor and always took advantage of people. They lied on my starting wage, bonuses, etc. They also lied on the hours you will work and the possibilities of advancement. It was not a safe place to work and managers made people do unsafe things, then made an example out of those who didn't follow. This company is basically a revolving door. The benefits were really good, but everything else was terrible.
Not A Place To Work !!
Manager (Former Employee), NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i'm not working there any more.
Cons: i worked there.
This is the worst company I ever worked for.
Very little training for staff and management.
Directors and VPs are dictators and a "Learn As You Go" attitude.
They are lazy and theyu only work 5 days a week or less unless there is a national disaster.
Safety is not a top priority but they will covince you that it is. WAY TOO MANY SHORT CUTS.
No professionalism. Dirty and unorganized offices and facilities and vehicles.
The only way hourly employees make any money is on overtime and then it is expected that they own you and then there is no time for family. It's all about Clean Harbors.
hazardous company/ provide oil field services
Receiving coordinator/ Data Entry (Current Employee), Buttonwillow, CAFebruary 2, 2015
it's pretty good company, with good benefits, pay, 401k, healthcare, poor management skills. learned how to multitask and many more anther duties as assigned.
Overworked
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: you will learn a lot in your own.
Cons: no job training
To much work for one person to do and management is not supportive. Having a lot of responsibility with a non user friendly database. I've learned a lot on my own on how the hazardous waste industry is.
Always work .If you are one of the choosen few only. Stay Away
Supervisor Field Services (Current Employee), Metro Edison,njJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: they protect you if you screw up
Cons: slave camp for techs in the field
Need New management team for sure. Out with the old, In with the New.
Great income for a person with no college degree
Field Chemist (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good earnings
Cons: no advancement
As a field chemist you so the same thing day in and out. The only other position for advancement is management and that position is not going to become available for years to come so your stuck in the same position unless your willing to relocate to another state where they have a managerial spot open. Pay is great overtime is available you can make $40,000 your first year , great vacation package, medical insurance 401k etc.
High pace work place
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: had 3 days off a week, paid personal days and paid holidays
Cons: working in extreme weather conditions, hard to find a good time to take a break or lunch because of the excessive truck loads
Very busy fast pace job. Learned so much I can't begin to explain it all. My boss was very fair and considerate. Had some good co-workers and some that made everyone else's job harder but loved my job for the most part. The hardest part was the extreme truck load for one receiving person to handle. Best part was it was so busy my 12 hours went by really fast.
Consuming but had it's moments
Field Service Foreman (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: most enjoyable thing was the relationships i had built with the customers
Cons: hardest thing was the inconsistant hours, that toward the end, was little to none.
Work was not consistant and unstable. Not a 9-5 type of job. Start and end times varied. 24 hour emergecy response. Learned many different ways to complete hazardous and non-hazardous remediation/decontamination.

Nation wide company with different levels of management skills at each location. Could have been better manager at location I left. "Clicky" place to work but co-workers were "seasoned".
Alot of Challenges and Oppertunities
Chemical Technician / E.R.T. (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 29, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: expections
Each day was different .That i learned..Management is accecible and effective.The hardest part was preparing for next day. No matter how prepared i learned to become.
Stay Away or you will regret it !
logistics (Former Employee), Twinsburg OhioNovember 13, 2014
Pros: vacations days
Cons: pay, hours, no life, no raises, no bonus
These people lie right to your face. They tell you they afre interested in you and have the job,,,,,then they disappear . Most of the staff are uneducated and have no formal training . It runs like a company did twenty years ago. No advancement, nor pay raises, nor bonuses no matter how much you make the company. People are quitting left and right. Don't waste your time and life here.
Self-motivating ebvironment
Field Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2014
Outstanding and fun workplace. Daily challenges help develop problem solving skills.
normal day
Mobile Container Fabricator (Current Employee), Burton, MIOctober 17, 2014
just handle normal work days fixing things loading trucks shipping things
DONT Waste Your TIme!!!
p (Current Employee), reidsville,ncOctober 9, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no home time
DOnt waste yOur Time please listen to Me saftey this safety that lol wat a joke after a week they throw you to wolves and either sink or swim lol some dont come back after there boots are bought by clean harbors that should tell you something lol
Good compensation and benefits but poor attitudes
Chemist (Former Employee), La Porte, TXOctober 3, 2014
Pros: paid lunch break, union
Cons: low morale, old dirty facility
The pay was good, but the morale was very low. The constant whining and complaining from everyone became unbearable. It's hard to maintain a positive attitude when they have so many "lifers" that are putting down the company and ridicule any efforts you make to improve the work environment.
Very disorganized and the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing
Per Diem Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Bridgeport, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: my co workers were nice
Cons: not organized
Over all my experience was terrible and at the same time the organization didn't know what they were doing.
Typical Day
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: onsite workout facility; friendly people
I start my day very early as most individuals do. My co-workers are fun to be around and help pass the day. The hardest part of my job is not staying busy, or being completely overwhelmed with work. There's no "in between." My boss does not communicate with me about anything which is tough since I think he'd be great to know. But he's also very nice and has been very supportive as I've learned the role.
terrible place to work, it is a dump.
facility tech (Former Employee), Dugway/Aragonite, UtahSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no respect, low wage, incompetent management, no advancement, no safety culture.
I would suggest staying very far away from this place. Management only cares about numbers and safety is dead last. The leads will throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat to make themselves look good. The average work week is 50-72 hours but hey at least management gets every weekend off. I'm incredibly surprised that this place hasn't burned to the ground with how they shuffle the hazardous waste or how the state even continues to let them operate. I have never experienced to this level such dishonest, disrespectful, careless, and two faced behavior at work.
Hostile Environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Norwell, MASeptember 19, 2014
I would not recommend this company.
Management is unedcuated.
The employees are wonderful they are commited to their work.
HR (Current Employee), MASeptember 12, 2014
Good place to learn, the employees are great High turnover rate....................................................................................................................................................
Not a great place to work
PO Administrator (Former Employee), Norwell, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no advancement, no recognition, outrageous healthcare deductible, low morale
Corporate office does not pay well. Not liveable wages. No room for advancement. No reviews. No raises. No recognition. Morale is low. Day-to-day isnt too bad. A lot of paper pushing but thats expected. Decent benefits including PTO and 401K match. Coworkers of mine who had been there 7 years only received two 2% raises in their time with the company.
My department worked very hard through a major business acquisition putting in long hours every week for months, only to receive zero recognition/appreciation/compensation and have our hours cut.
Management is not well received across the board.

1 2 3 4 5

About CLEAN HARBORS

Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste – Read more

CLEAN HARBORS Photos