Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 22, 2015
Cons: alot of travel
its another job, some times its busy ( three months no day off) and some sometimes its slow (two weeks off) co-worl are close like a family
Laboratory Chemist (Former Employee), Deer Trail, COJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, 401K, Safety Oriented
Worked there for almost 9 years, learned a lot about hazardous waste, chemicals, and most of all safety! Very flexible family friendly workplace!
Fellow employees were very easy to work with.
Account Manager, Golden Triangle (Former Employee), La Porte, TXJuly 16, 2015
The company is a great place to work but my job became very time consuming and I needed more time with the family. The traveling began to take to much away from my family
Work Place
Operations Tech 3 (Current Employee), Kimball, NEJuly 7, 2015
We are a company who works with hazardous waste, our goal is saftey while maintianing production and a clean evironment.
Good company to learn from.
Media Production Technician (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good company to learn
Cons: the pay was less than okay
I had a pretty good experience with Clean Harbors.

The benefits were okay, the pay was less than okay

They had plenty of overtime available...
Poor management
CleanPack Chemist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 23, 2015
Cons: To much driving
Lack of training and low pay. long hours most days and some days hardly any hours. horrible Per diem Friendly staff, but that's about it. Hope you like to drive a truck because that what you are, a truck driver
good equipment
Solids Control Technician (Current Employee), Montgomery, PAJune 14, 2015
Pros: good equipment
Cons: lack of communication at times
Overall a good company to work for. Good support from supervisors. Schedule could be better but isn't terrible. Pay is pretty fair.
Your just a another number
Central Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Norwell, MAJune 10, 2015
A typical day would consist of doing daily contacting of plants and clients and making sure they have what they need and or its on its way.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Forklift/Excavator Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Everyone works safe and look out for others in work facility. It is a very friendly environment. I have learned how to operate heavy equipment and deal with chemical waste.
Good Hard Work
Field Technician II (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 9, 2015
I went to work every morning and the job was different everyday cleaning out different chemicals out of different tanks. It was very hard work. The hardest part of the job was the different weather elements we had to work in: snow, ice, severe heat, sever cold, rain, etc.
romper room..
Material handler, Yard man (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: boring..union job..expect no help from other employees..
Hire people with no experience...Employees bringing their girlfriends to work while on duty..cheating on their wife..rampid drug use...Kindergarten atmosphere..
Great Company to work for in a role playing position
Sales Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Security, Safety is top priority
Cons: Compartmentalized, handicapped by the "System"
Worked for the company for many years and have seen significant changes over the years. Clean Harbors is filled with the finest employees in the industry and there are many warm personalities.
Not a company to work for Glenmont,NY
Environmental Field Tech 1 (Former Employee), Glenmont,NYMay 17, 2015
Clean harbors is all about clean harbors and not about the employee. I learned a lot from this company. The management at clean harbors in Glenmont, NY do whatever they want, they come in whenever the want and leave whenever they want. The co-workers will bust your stones over the littlest things so you better have thick skin. The hardest part about this job is the on-call 24/7/365. No matter what you are always on call and even if you can't go out to a emergency call due to family issues, the management will be very upset and they will keep calling you. I had personal issues where I had to take off 2 days a week due to doctors appointments and the management got very upset cause they thought I was using them for the money. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IN GLENMONT,NY
SO>SO
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee), coloradoApril 21, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: high school drama
The company seemed more concerned about with advancement of friends and family rather than employees that actually did the work and put in the effort!
one of the worst
sales and service (Former Employee), memphis, tnApril 14, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: read review
Difficult and filthy work for low pay. Bad management, moral is terrible.Work place is like a run down mini storage. Very sorry I wasted my time at this place.
little pay and a lot of work
Clean Pack Chemist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: NOT MUCH
Cons: long hours, low pay, BAD management
This company is more concerned about buying up other companies before it gives current employees a better wage, raises don't happen
I did not enjoy my time there
Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: some travel
Cons: they own your time off/ nepotism
As a technician you will start out around 13 if you are lucky. Pay raises are very slow in coming! If there is work you will work if there is no work you will set at home waiting for them to call. If you do not respond when they call then you will not work the next time. They own your time off as well. Some travel if you are one of the in crowd. they claim safety but they have incompetent managers trying to lead you. The bottom line is the buck. Definitely a good ol boy network combined with nepotism.
n/a
Lab Analyst (Former Employee), La Porte TXMarch 13, 2015
na/
i still keep in touch with some folks.
I would even go back.

I did not like Union . Other than that I loved working at Clean Harbors
Challenging and rewarding
Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Norwell, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Most days consisted of conference calls with account managers and general managers to discuss bid opportunities and pricing strategies. For each bid I would review the waste stream constituents, coding, disposal method, destination and cost to dispose of the material. I would compare requested pricing and our costs, and advise any adjustments to the initial pricing as necessary to insure company profitability.
Each day I would log into the quote system and I would review all quotes (in my pricing region) to make sure we were issuing accurate and competitive pricing.
Coming from a lab pack background I learned a lot about bulk streams and disposal methods. I also learned a lot about various pricing strategies that go in to the final quote to the customer.
In all of my years at Clean Harbors I was surrounded by great people. Each position I had required team work and my co workers were always very helpful and reliable. My managers always had an open door and were very helpful in discussing career paths and communicating any advancement opportunities that were available.
The general atmosphere was always inviting, everyone walking by my desk would say hello with a smile.
Each bid opportunity is different and needs to be approached differently. There is no standard formula when issuing disposal pricing, which sometimes could prove difficult, depending on the customers job or bid request.
My team of co-workers were extremely helpful when I took the pricing manager position. They were always willing to take a few minutes out of their busy day to answer any questions I had. I really enjoyed interacting with my team, and winning bids of course.
Operator jobs
Operator (Former Employee), Sawyer, NDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: poor wages, and advancement
Cons: good beneifts
This company was terrible to work for. Management was poor and always took advantage of people. They lied on my starting wage, bonuses, etc. They also lied on the hours you will work and the possibilities of advancement. It was not a safe place to work and managers made people do unsafe things, then made an example out of those who didn't follow. This company is basically a revolving door. The benefits were really good, but everything else was terrible.

1 2 3 4 5

About Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste – Read more

Clean Harbors Salaries