Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for in a role playing position
Sales Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Security, Safety is top priority
Cons: Compartmentalized, handicapped by the "System"
Worked for the company for many years and have seen significant changes over the years. Clean Harbors is filled with the finest employees in the industry and there are many warm personalities.
Not a company to work for Glenmont,NY
Environmental Field Tech 1 (Former Employee), Glenmont,NYMay 17, 2015
Clean harbors is all about clean harbors and not about the employee. I learned a lot from this company. The management at clean harbors in Glenmont, NY do whatever they want, they come in whenever the want and leave whenever they want. The co-workers will bust your stones over the littlest things so you better have thick skin. The hardest part about this job is the on-call 24/7/365. No matter what you are always on call and even if you can't go out to a emergency call due to family issues, the management will be very upset and they will keep calling you. I had personal issues where I had to take off 2 days a week due to doctors appointments and the management got very upset cause they thought I was using them for the money. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IN GLENMONT,NY
SO>SO
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee), coloradoApril 21, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: high school drama
The company seemed more concerned about with advancement of friends and family rather than employees that actually did the work and put in the effort!
one of the worst
sales and service (Former Employee), memphis, tnApril 14, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: read review
Difficult and filthy work for low pay. Bad management, moral is terrible.Work place is like a run down mini storage. Very sorry I wasted my time at this place.
little pay and a lot of work
Clean Pack Chemist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: NOT MUCH
Cons: long hours, low pay, BAD management
This company is more concerned about buying up other companies before it gives current employees a better wage, raises don't happen
I did not enjoy my time there
Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: some travel
Cons: they own your time off/ nepotism
As a technician you will start out around 13 if you are lucky. Pay raises are very slow in coming! If there is work you will work if there is no work you will set at home waiting for them to call. If you do not respond when they call then you will not work the next time. They own your time off as well. Some travel if you are one of the in crowd. they claim safety but they have incompetent managers trying to lead you. The bottom line is the buck. Definitely a good ol boy network combined with nepotism.
n/a
Lab Analyst (Former Employee), La Porte TXMarch 13, 2015
na/
i still keep in touch with some folks.
I would even go back.

I did not like Union . Other than that I loved working at Clean Harbors
Challenging and rewarding
Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Norwell, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Most days consisted of conference calls with account managers and general managers to discuss bid opportunities and pricing strategies. For each bid I would review the waste stream constituents, coding, disposal method, destination and cost to dispose of the material. I would compare requested pricing and our costs, and advise any adjustments to the initial pricing as necessary to insure company profitability.
Each day I would log into the quote system and I would review all quotes (in my pricing region) to make sure we were issuing accurate and competitive pricing.
Coming from a lab pack background I learned a lot about bulk streams and disposal methods. I also learned a lot about various pricing strategies that go in to the final quote to the customer.
In all of my years at Clean Harbors I was surrounded by great people. Each position I had required team work and my co workers were always very helpful and reliable. My managers always had an open door and were very helpful in discussing career paths and communicating any advancement opportunities that were available.
The general atmosphere was always inviting, everyone walking by my desk would say hello with a smile.
Each bid opportunity is different and needs to be approached differently. There is no standard formula when issuing disposal pricing, which sometimes could prove difficult, depending on the customers job or bid request.
My team of co-workers were extremely helpful when I took the pricing manager position. They were always willing to take a few minutes out of their busy day to answer any questions I had. I really enjoyed interacting with my team, and winning bids of course.
Operator jobs
Operator (Former Employee), Sawyer, NDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: poor wages, and advancement
Cons: good beneifts
This company was terrible to work for. Management was poor and always took advantage of people. They lied on my starting wage, bonuses, etc. They also lied on the hours you will work and the possibilities of advancement. It was not a safe place to work and managers made people do unsafe things, then made an example out of those who didn't follow. This company is basically a revolving door. The benefits were really good, but everything else was terrible.
Not A Place To Work !!
Manager (Former Employee), NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i'm not working there any more.
Cons: i worked there.
This is the worst company I ever worked for.
Very little training for staff and management.
Directors and VPs are dictators and a "Learn As You Go" attitude.
They are lazy and theyu only work 5 days a week or less unless there is a national disaster.
Safety is not a top priority but they will covince you that it is. WAY TOO MANY SHORT CUTS.
No professionalism. Dirty and unorganized offices and facilities and vehicles.
The only way hourly employees make any money is on overtime and then it is expected that they own you and then there is no time for family. It's all about Clean Harbors.
hazardous company/ provide oil field services
Receiving coordinator/ Data Entry (Current Employee), Buttonwillow, CAFebruary 2, 2015
it's pretty good company, with good benefits, pay, 401k, healthcare, poor management skills. learned how to multitask and many more anther duties as assigned.
Overworked
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: you will learn a lot in your own.
Cons: no job training
To much work for one person to do and management is not supportive. Having a lot of responsibility with a non user friendly database. I've learned a lot on my own on how the hazardous waste industry is.
Always work .If you are one of the choosen few only. Stay Away
Supervisor Field Services (Current Employee), Metro Edison,njJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: they protect you if you screw up
Cons: slave camp for techs in the field
Need New management team for sure. Out with the old, In with the New.
Great income for a person with no college degree
Field Chemist (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good earnings
Cons: no advancement
As a field chemist you so the same thing day in and out. The only other position for advancement is management and that position is not going to become available for years to come so your stuck in the same position unless your willing to relocate to another state where they have a managerial spot open. Pay is great overtime is available you can make $40,000 your first year , great vacation package, medical insurance 401k etc.
High pace work place
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: had 3 days off a week, paid personal days and paid holidays
Cons: working in extreme weather conditions, hard to find a good time to take a break or lunch because of the excessive truck loads
Very busy fast pace job. Learned so much I can't begin to explain it all. My boss was very fair and considerate. Had some good co-workers and some that made everyone else's job harder but loved my job for the most part. The hardest part was the extreme truck load for one receiving person to handle. Best part was it was so busy my 12 hours went by really fast.
Consuming but had it's moments
Field Service Foreman (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: most enjoyable thing was the relationships i had built with the customers
Cons: hardest thing was the inconsistant hours, that toward the end, was little to none.
Work was not consistant and unstable. Not a 9-5 type of job. Start and end times varied. 24 hour emergecy response. Learned many different ways to complete hazardous and non-hazardous remediation/decontamination.

Nation wide company with different levels of management skills at each location. Could have been better manager at location I left. "Clicky" place to work but co-workers were "seasoned".
Alot of Challenges and Oppertunities
Chemical Technician / E.R.T. (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 29, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: expections
Each day was different .That i learned..Management is accecible and effective.The hardest part was preparing for next day. No matter how prepared i learned to become.
Stay Away or you will regret it !
logistics (Former Employee), Twinsburg OhioNovember 13, 2014
Pros: vacations days
Cons: pay, hours, no life, no raises, no bonus
These people lie right to your face. They tell you they afre interested in you and have the job,,,,,then they disappear . Most of the staff are uneducated and have no formal training . It runs like a company did twenty years ago. No advancement, nor pay raises, nor bonuses no matter how much you make the company. People are quitting left and right. Don't waste your time and life here.
Self-motivating ebvironment
Field Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2014
Outstanding and fun workplace. Daily challenges help develop problem solving skills.
normal day
Mobile Container Fabricator (Current Employee), Burton, MIOctober 17, 2014
just handle normal work days fixing things loading trucks shipping things

1 2 3 4 5

About Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste – Read more

Clean Harbors Salaries