Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Poor management
CleanPack Chemist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 23, 2015
Cons: To much driving
Lack of training and low pay. long hours most days and some days hardly any hours. horrible Per diem Friendly staff, but that's about it. Hope you like to drive a truck because that what you are, a truck driver
good equipment
Solids Control Technician (Current Employee), Montgomery, PAJune 14, 2015
Pros: good equipment
Cons: lack of communication at times
Overall a good company to work for. Good support from supervisors. Schedule could be better but isn't terrible. Pay is pretty fair.
Your just a another number
Central Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Norwell, MAJune 10, 2015
A typical day would consist of doing daily contacting of plants and clients and making sure they have what they need and or its on its way.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Forklift/Excavator Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
Everyone works safe and look out for others in work facility. It is a very friendly environment. I have learned how to operate heavy equipment and deal with chemical waste.
Good Hard Work
Field Technician II (Current Employee), Reno, NVJune 9, 2015
I went to work every morning and the job was different everyday cleaning out different chemicals out of different tanks. It was very hard work. The hardest part of the job was the different weather elements we had to work in: snow, ice, severe heat, sever cold, rain, etc.
romper room..
Material handler, Yard man (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: boring..union job..expect no help from other employees..
Hire people with no experience...Employees bringing their girlfriends to work while on duty..cheating on their wife..rampid drug use...Kindergarten atmosphere..
Great Company to work for in a role playing position
Sales Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Security, Safety is top priority
Cons: Compartmentalized, handicapped by the "System"
Worked for the company for many years and have seen significant changes over the years. Clean Harbors is filled with the finest employees in the industry and there are many warm personalities.
Not a company to work for Glenmont,NY
Environmental Field Tech 1 (Former Employee), Glenmont,NYMay 17, 2015
Clean harbors is all about clean harbors and not about the employee. I learned a lot from this company. The management at clean harbors in Glenmont, NY do whatever they want, they come in whenever the want and leave whenever they want. The co-workers will bust your stones over the littlest things so you better have thick skin. The hardest part about this job is the on-call 24/7/365. No matter what you are always on call and even if you can't go out to a emergency call due to family issues, the management will be very upset and they will keep calling you. I had personal issues where I had to take off 2 days a week due to doctors appointments and the management got very upset cause they thought I was using them for the money. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IN GLENMONT,NY
SO>SO
Solids Control Technician (Former Employee), coloradoApril 21, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: high school drama
The company seemed more concerned about with advancement of friends and family rather than employees that actually did the work and put in the effort!
one of the worst
sales and service (Former Employee), memphis, tnApril 14, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: read review
Difficult and filthy work for low pay. Bad management, moral is terrible.Work place is like a run down mini storage. Very sorry I wasted my time at this place.
little pay and a lot of work
Clean Pack Chemist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: NOT MUCH
Cons: long hours, low pay, BAD management
This company is more concerned about buying up other companies before it gives current employees a better wage, raises don't happen
I did not enjoy my time there
Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: some travel
Cons: they own your time off/ nepotism
As a technician you will start out around 13 if you are lucky. Pay raises are very slow in coming! If there is work you will work if there is no work you will set at home waiting for them to call. If you do not respond when they call then you will not work the next time. They own your time off as well. Some travel if you are one of the in crowd. they claim safety but they have incompetent managers trying to lead you. The bottom line is the buck. Definitely a good ol boy network combined with nepotism.
n/a
Lab Analyst (Former Employee), La Porte TXMarch 13, 2015
na/
i still keep in touch with some folks.
I would even go back.

I did not like Union . Other than that I loved working at Clean Harbors
Challenging and rewarding
Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Norwell, MAFebruary 27, 2015
Most days consisted of conference calls with account managers and general managers to discuss bid opportunities and pricing strategies. For each bid I would review the waste stream constituents, coding, disposal method, destination and cost to dispose of the material. I would compare requested pricing and our costs, and advise any adjustments to the initial pricing as necessary to insure company profitability.
Each day I would log into the quote system and I would review all quotes (in my pricing region) to make sure we were issuing accurate and competitive pricing.
Coming from a lab pack background I learned a lot about bulk streams and disposal methods. I also learned a lot about various pricing strategies that go in to the final quote to the customer.
In all of my years at Clean Harbors I was surrounded by great people. Each position I had required team work and my co workers were always very helpful and reliable. My managers always had an open door and were very helpful in discussing career paths and communicating any advancement opportunities that were available.
The general atmosphere was always inviting, everyone walking by my desk would say hello with a smile.
Each bid opportunity is different and needs to be approached differently. There is no standard formula when issuing disposal pricing, which sometimes could prove difficult, depending on the customers job or bid request.
My team of co-workers were extremely helpful when I took the pricing manager position. They were always willing to take a few minutes out of their busy day to answer any questions I had. I really enjoyed interacting with my team, and winning bids of course.
Operator jobs
Operator (Former Employee), Sawyer, NDFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: poor wages, and advancement
Cons: good beneifts
This company was terrible to work for. Management was poor and always took advantage of people. They lied on my starting wage, bonuses, etc. They also lied on the hours you will work and the possibilities of advancement. It was not a safe place to work and managers made people do unsafe things, then made an example out of those who didn't follow. This company is basically a revolving door. The benefits were really good, but everything else was terrible.
Not A Place To Work !!
Manager (Former Employee), NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: i'm not working there any more.
Cons: i worked there.
This is the worst company I ever worked for.
Very little training for staff and management.
Directors and VPs are dictators and a "Learn As You Go" attitude.
They are lazy and theyu only work 5 days a week or less unless there is a national disaster.
Safety is not a top priority but they will covince you that it is. WAY TOO MANY SHORT CUTS.
No professionalism. Dirty and unorganized offices and facilities and vehicles.
The only way hourly employees make any money is on overtime and then it is expected that they own you and then there is no time for family. It's all about Clean Harbors.
hazardous company/ provide oil field services
Receiving coordinator/ Data Entry (Current Employee), Buttonwillow, CAFebruary 2, 2015
it's pretty good company, with good benefits, pay, 401k, healthcare, poor management skills. learned how to multitask and many more anther duties as assigned.
Overworked
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: you will learn a lot in your own.
Cons: no job training
To much work for one person to do and management is not supportive. Having a lot of responsibility with a non user friendly database. I've learned a lot on my own on how the hazardous waste industry is.
Always work .If you are one of the choosen few only. Stay Away
Supervisor Field Services (Current Employee), Metro Edison,njJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: they protect you if you screw up
Cons: slave camp for techs in the field
Need New management team for sure. Out with the old, In with the New.
Great income for a person with no college degree
Field Chemist (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good earnings
Cons: no advancement
As a field chemist you so the same thing day in and out. The only other position for advancement is management and that position is not going to become available for years to come so your stuck in the same position unless your willing to relocate to another state where they have a managerial spot open. Pay is great overtime is available you can make $40,000 your first year , great vacation package, medical insurance 401k etc.

1 2 3 4 5

About Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste – Read more

Clean Harbors Salaries