Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

teamwork
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAMarch 18, 2017
The company is alright, but there's a lot of invoicing that need to be taken care of. The work culture is all family oriented. They only use inside system which can't be helpful anywhere else. The hardest part is each accounts have a different problems, therefore it's hard to get use with the work load. The coworkers are very helpful to help with any difficulties.
Great opportunities and Travel.
On-Site Containment (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALMarch 15, 2017
Clean Harbors is a company filled with opportunities if willing to travel for work. Clean Harbors have decent compensation rates, and benefits. Slow paced working environment, and weather depends on the job wether inside of a manufacturing plant or Outside working an containment site.
no games at work
Repacker (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARMarch 14, 2017
its a very good job, everyone there are family,they will help you, no one will let you get hurt,they are very big on safety what you do there put safety first
This was a great place to work, with the best managers I have ever met.
In-Site Foreman (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 11, 2017
This company is one of the best around, with top-notch training and managers that go the extra mile. They set a great standard for all environmental companies to strive to reach.
Pros
Good pay, great training.
Cons
On-Call
Great direct report. However, always uncertain of job security.
Business Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 9, 2017
Please contact for additional information. This experience was great! Within the first month of being employed, the CIO was forced to resign. From that point on, major layoffs took place due to the rapidly-declining price of oil. Since our primary revenue generator was from refining oil, this caused Clean Harbors to make serious cuts(Especially to the IT team) given this had a major impact on our profit margins.
Clean Harbors
Catalyst Services Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
The review of JII is best communicated through a thorough discussion of my experience while employed at JII. I am available for discussions upon request.
Pros
Accounts
Excellent company worked there over 19 years
Vertical Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 23, 2017
Excellent company. Worked there 19 years. Advancement was excellent. Liked the Cleveland and Pittsburgh offices. Traveled extensively later in my career. Communication with management was very good.
Truck driver
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Learn a lot about dealing with Hazardous materials and how to label and ship it properly.
Payed by the hour.
Some ever night stays but they allow you to stay in a hotel.
Absolutely poor mangement
Heavy Duty Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 14, 2017
1st off, I am not a disgruntled employee by no means.. This company, which is a good company, hires the most incompetent people for the job they have no idea what to do. Managers, that do not know the maintenance field what so ever. Very poor management... Never seen a company like this ever. I am sure the CEO has no clue on some of these people that are hub managers, that they do not know there job. Seriously. The company is going to fail with un knowledgable hub managers. Its sad.
Pros
Cant think of any now
Cons
Managers that are not fully educated on there job discription
great work place
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to work. Layed back work environment. Pay is pretty fair, but not many raises available. Most managers great to work with.
Fun work enviroment
Line of Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 9, 2017
Clean Harbors was a great company to work for. The employees were all helpful and would reach out to give you a hand when you needed one. Industry was growing.
Unsafe no regard to employee safety
Technician (Former Employee) –  Skull Valley, UTFebruary 5, 2017
Company dose not care about their employees. if someone has a legitimate question about their job they are told if they do not like the work they do not have to work there instead of getting a reasonable answer. worked there 3+ years with many schedule changes. Told you are not allowed to go home tell all the work was done or not to came back the next day.
Pros
Non
Pride drives the group
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COFebruary 2, 2017
I am very happy with the company, the employees have so much pride and that is what sells the jobs. They realize that safety is number one and I can proudly admit that they have gone the last 2 years with Zero Recordable incidents! I am very proud of them.
Pros
Great management team
Good benefits and pay, bad balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 18, 2017
This is a good company overall. They treat hourly personnel very well and train them just as well. However, once you switch over to salary as you advance your career the demands on your personal time are so much greater that it leaves little to no work/life balance. Even on holidays and your days off management expects you to work, make conference calls, and be available to respond to emails and requests. My suggestion: get with this company and advance through the hourly position ranks. Their are too many cut backs on salaried support positions for anyone to achieve the proper balance.
Pros
Benefits and training
Cons
Work/life balance doesn't exist
Its a job
Incinerator operator (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTJanuary 15, 2017
The company has great potential. But the local management seems to be keeping things stuck in a Rut. Management needs to get a grip. And if your gonna claim an open door policy, maintain it. Which they dont.
Pros
Potentially good place
Cons
Management is lost when it comes to employees.
Good Company
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Great company lots of travel so looking to stay close to home. Lots of benefits and lots of overtime. Steady work year round. A great company to work for
Chemist with more than 15 years of experience in Product/Procrss development and analytical chemistry.
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I learned to work on Inductive Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectroscopy.
I liked whole entire work in the lab.
I worked as a team with my co-workers.
The management was giving us feed-backed.
Pros
Free launces.
Cons
Expensive health care with high didactible.
Good schedule, but limited upward mobility
Receiving Chemist (Current Employee) –  Kimball, NEJanuary 9, 2017
Clean Harbors has been a good place to work so far. I like my schedule, and the people I work with are great for the most part. The pay is ok and the benefits are good. My only complaint is the lack of upward mobility. It is easy to max out within a few years of working at Clean Harbors.
Pros
Schedule, and lots of time off without using vacation time
Cons
easy to peak in pay and experience
Greate place to learn and advance
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to learn, get key certifications. There are plenty of opportunities to get experience and job training. There are additional opportunities for professional networking.
Pros
Losts of training available to advance
Cons
Yearly layoffs can be an issue.
Long Hours and never satisfied
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 7, 2017
Long hours..dirty job..trucks r old..Caint satisfy anybody there. Always wanting more.Great benefits and vac. Co workers help out a lot.
Pros
Weekends off..decent pay
Cons
Junk trucks..long hours..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clean Harbors. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9