Clear Channel Communications

Clear Channel Communications Employee Reviews

A fun and energetic industry to work in.
Senior Key Account Associate (Former Employee), Portland, OregonAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Media perks such as concert tickets, theater, restaurants.
Worked with fun, energetic sales and management team along with the personalities on air and all of the support staff behind the scenes. The Sales team worked closely together to develop and grow sales – more... for each radio station which often meant teaming up to call on client to ensure we would be able to meet and maximize on all the potential for the customer and the company. Management was very supportive to whatever the needs may be to help assist and drive sales. The work environment was very professional and friendly. The hardest part of the job was to find new prospects which required organizing yourself to take time to prospect new business on a daily basis. The job was very rewarding both professionally and financially. – less
Making money and having fun doing it
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Fun and profitable
Cons: Accounts taken away from you at any given time.
Loved this job. Production, promotions, copywriting and so on, for this radio giant. Lots of in house competition and access to the best radio computer software in the business at the time.
fun work place
Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2015
Pros: FUN
Cons: Not much down time...Always working
Radio is a Fun and exciting work place. There is always something going on, you get to meet celebrities all the time, get trade "FREE" stuff all the time etc...
Intern for Morning Show and Promotions
Morning Show Radio Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 30, 2015
Intern for radio morning show, "AJ in the Morning" on Star 94.1 as well as the promotions department. Made a lot of amazing memories with the morning show crew, it was the same show that I grew up listening to during middle school and high school, an amazing experience!
Fun, but hard.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 17, 2015
This was a lot of fun when I was there. The relaxed atmosphere and perks that came with this job were great. At times I was very busy, at times I was not. Co-workers for the most part were friendly although I was in a management position and had to keep a distance at times. We would do things as a group, had fantastic holiday parties, and I got to meet a lot of industry artists.
The Ultimate Media Company
Morning Show Producer/News-Traffic Reporter (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Access to the biggest acts in the entertainment industry.
Cons: Corperate runs a tight ship economically.
My experience at Clear Channel was an excellent one. They are the big dog in al aspects of media. The potential for job growth is abundant. The culture/atmosphere in the workplace is energetic, creative, and ahead of the game.
fun place to work
Director of Traffic (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work is scheduling commercial ads to run on the station daily. Some management personnel were not as personable as I would like. Co-workers were friendly. I am still friends with some of them now.
Productive fun enviroment
Translator-Spanish Production Coordinator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2015
A typical work day in the office is one that includes constant excel sheet work, translations and production. It is a great environment.
Great Place to work.
Radio Sales (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great place to work.
Wonderful positon to learn or extend your career in radio. Must be able to Multi ask and complete projects with pressing deadlines.
Great Learning Opportunities
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Over the past 8 years I've learned so much as part of this company. My managers and co-works have been extremely supportive and incredible to work with.
Great place to work with wonderful people to work with.
Intern (Former Employee), Lexington KyJanuary 16, 2015
This was just an internship but I had experience doing things with the sales staff as well as the radio personalities and I have nothing to say but great things about them all.
Very Horrible
Developer (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: bad benefits, fudge their numbers and disloyal and immature stupid
They are a very horrible company to work for: Benefits suck and the managers are very immature, not trusting and you cannot succeed unless you suck up to them.

They are a dishonest company that lies about their data and there numbers and developers fudge the numbers to compete against pandora

the co-workers are not personable and they are a very DISHONEST group of people
Fun but terrible company.
Announcer, production, board operator (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHOctober 1, 2014
Pros: my peers
Cons: very immoral company
I had a good time at work because of the friends I made there, but recommend working there to no one.
Fun job, dying business
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), Maitland, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Easy jobs, no security. Radio has been in trouble and their layoffs are a reflection of that.
Fun plaxce to work
Network administrator (Former Employee), Maitland, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Casual dress code and casual working atmosphere added to the pleasure of working here.
Relaxed atmosphere to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 25, 2014
very laid back atmosphere, interesting to see the behind the scenes in the radio industry. Pay and opportunity for advancement is low.
Fast paced, fun work environment
Marketing & Promotions Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great radio environment
Clear Channel was a great opportunity for me to get intern experience while working towards my degree. I learned how to handle a fast paced radio environment and coordinate events, promotions, and contests.
Radio Station Giant
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee), DallasJuly 2, 2014
This is a big company that had a fairly expansive on-boarding processes, then mediocre support, training and career development.
Fast-paced sales environment
Director of Research (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: lots of layoffs, no upward mobility or job security
I was part of a great small team with phenomenal leadership.

Fast-paced, excellent time management skills required. A lot of projects to balance and calls/meetings to attend. In the end it was all worth it to see the direct impact on the company and sales.
Educational and fun, but untrusting.
Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 5, 2014
Pros: educational, friendly employees
Cons: office work, no pay
Working as an intern at Clear Channel Communications was a very educational experience, and I learned a lot about the radio business. The employees who worked there were all very kind and inviting. However, – more... they would rarely give the inexperienced interns like myself any challenging jobs, instead relying on interns who had been there for a longer time or other employees. Most of the tasks I was asked to do were simply office work. While I had no issue doing them, I felt as though it would have been more rewarding if I had been given the chance to at least watch the audio editing. That being said I did learn a lot about the radio business and I have many fond memories working there. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been the song segueing, which is simply making the time between songs going on air as short as possible. I needed to listen to the beginning and end of each song and decide when the best time would be for me to transition to the next song. Many of the other employees there thought it was a tedious task, but to me it was the task that made me feel like I was working for a big radio station the most. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Clear Channel Communications

This company leaves few open channels on the radio dial. Clear Channel Communications is the #1 radio company in the US, with – Read more

Clear Channel Communications Salaries

Traffic Manager
$28,500 per year
Operations Manager
$120,000 per year

Clear Channel Communications Photos

picture doing mine internet show
Cast from  A&E TV series "Longmire". -Robt. Taylor, Cassidy freeman with Gina McGee