Clear Channel Communications

Clear Channel Communications Employer Reviews

Productive place to work
Traffic Director (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day at work is very evenly paced. I have deadlines to meet but, as long as my co-workers do their part I can easily meet these deadlines. I have learned a lot at my job. I had never worked in radio until I started here 8 years ago. Working in radio has been fun and I have met a lot of great people. I work with some great people but, it's just – more... like anywhere you have to take the bad with the good. We have had some recent Upper Management changes and I don't feel like the changes made are best for the company or our Market. – less
Fine, if you don't expect advancement
Sales (Former Employee), LAApril 14, 2014
Pros: celebrity sightings every once in a while. office atompsphere is casual compared to most.
Cons: senior staff will throw entry level under the bus, low compensation to start, no/rare raises.
I worked for the company for many years with one raise. In fact, they stopped quarterly bonuses, so I never made as much as I did the first 2 years during any of the following 7. The bottom line is all that matters. You can bust your rump or put forth the bare minimum effort. Doesn't much matter, as long as sales goals are met. You do get a celebrity – more... sighting in the halls every now and again. That is somewhat exciting. – less
THE START OF A BEAUTIFUL CAREER!
Program Director/On-Air Personality (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: made friends til the end, excitement, money
Cons: from 1988 til 2001 nothing i can think of!
ALWAYS AN EXCITING DAY IS INSTORE FOR YOU WHEN YOU WORK FOR CLEAR CHANNEL COMMUNICATIONS, WETHER INDOOR (radio, television) OR OUTDOOR (concerts, billboards).
I LEARNED WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IN THE TOP 5 MARKET AND THE RESPONSIBILTIES.
WORKED WITH TOP OF THE LINE MANAGEMENT FROM 1988 UNTIL 2001 (Philadelphia).
THE TEAM (co-workers) WAS AND 'TIL THIS – more... DAY FAMILY, WITH #1 RATINGS TO PROVE IT, IN ALL DAYPARTS!
THERE WAS NEVER AN OPSTICAL OR HARD PART OF THE JOB WE COULD NOT HANDLE.
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF CLEAR CHANNEL AT THAT TIME WAS THEY ALWAYS GAVE US GREAT #1 RATINGS RECOGNITION DINNERS AND LUNCHS, SOMETIMES JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT!
ALWAYS SOMETHING UNEXPECTED (Full staff meetings in the parking lot, BBQ's, club parties, etc.). – less
Great place to work and great team
Senior Support Technician/Q/A Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2014
Pros: our team with like family. we cooked lunches and got to taste different cultures.fdee
Cons: my department moved to flordia
Second level support & supervisor for help desk personnel. Used IM to answer user complaints. Design and update testcases for new releases of a yield management system. Used SCRUM for project management activities. Documented problems with application using TEST TRACK. Train new students on application and help desk procedures. Conducted usability test – more... with sales managers before new releases. – less
Great Internship
PRODUCER/OFFICE INTERN (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great environment
I really thought that in my time as an intern I was taught a lot about the radio media field. Saw several people take advancement opportunity when it came along. If I had been offered a position I would have definitely taken it.
Fun meet lots of famous people
Traffic Manager (Former Employee), SacramentoFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great pay and lots of free movies
Cons: hard to take time off due to job duties
I loved working for clear channel. Being in the life of radio was an experience I will never forget. I was always busy but had great coworkers that would make the day stress free mostly. The hardest thing about this job was taking time off. I did not want my co workers having to do my work while I was gone. Commercial logs never end.
Clear Channel Communication A change in motion
Information Systems Audit Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Clear Channel is a large ship changing its course of direction and with that comes the growing pains of reduction in force and also the fact that the company is wanting to expand.
with that in mind, positions in my department were not back filled making it difficult for some departments and employees to conduct their job while wearing many hats.
I enjoyed – more... the traveling aspect of my Job and the People are hard workers and dedicated.
the hardest part of the job was trying to keep abreast of the job skill sets that senior management wanted to implement usage of. – less
Imaging
Copywriter/Imaging Director /On-Air Personality (Former Employee), miami, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Great work environment. Awesome perks. My radio school. My day included working on the imaging of the station and assist the PD with everything else that had to do with programing.
Internship
Web Content Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, InJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: fun environment, great learning experience
Cons: no pay
Internship at X103/Q95
Do any projects that were required as the Web Content and Social Media editor.

Research the news for interesting/weird news and link the article on the website.
Post any links to what I put on the website on Twitter/Facebook
Edit photo and video sizes when needed.
Select a song of the day and embed the video on the website
Use – more... photoshop to edit any pictures that were being added to the website
Create and write my own blog on the website (4 part series). – less
Unique and Exciting Work place
Promotion Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: interacted with the public at promotion events
Work varied on a daily basis. Worked with a diverse staff of industry professionals.
great place to learn
Radio DJ on KC101.3 (Former Employee), hamden, ctJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: learned alot, great people, loved doing it
Cons: min. wage
I started off as an intern and worked my way up to a board operator, to on air personality. It's a great place to learn. The employees are willing to teach whoever is willing to stay.
I was a sales executive, with responsibilities for sale, marketing and promotions
account executive (Former Employee), Hartford, ConnecticutJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: lots of bonuses
Sales, marketing, and promotions. I had to give weekly projections and monthly reports.
Great experience
Intern (Current Employee), Clear Channel CommunicationsJanuary 7, 2014
Always something new, an opportunity to do new things and learn a lot about radio and the work that goes into it.
Clear Channel
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE LEAD (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day is spent keying approximately 70-90 invoices per day to the market to ensure prompt payment to our vendors.
Great Team…It's Corporate Radio
Live Radio Talk Show Host (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 23, 2013
The corporate structure was terrible but, that being said, the team I got to work with was amazing.
Clear Channel is a great place to intern
Promotions Intern (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLNovember 18, 2013
I loved working at Clear Channel. Promotions is an exciting field and being able to go to a music festival and call it work was absolutely thrilling. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or a better mentor.
Fun place to work
Assistant Promotion Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2013
Very fun place to work if you are into all forms of entertainment. Lots of weekends and nights though.
Poorly managed company, with relatively no room for advancement
Promotions (Former Employee), SarasotaNovember 13, 2013
Pros: getting to meet the artists and enjoy the concert events
Cons: treatment of employees and low compensation
The good part of the job was getting to meet the artists and enjoy the shows, the rest of the job was awful. There is no chance for advancement in this company, when a position DOES open up, instead of hiring from their branch, they pull in somebody from another branch of Clear Channel. You get treated as an inferior by all of management, and they don't – more... follow protocol with their operations. My biggest complaint is their poor treatment of employees, they'll act like they care when they need you to do something extra, then turn completely 2-faced when you need something. They give no raises, and have pocketed "additional fees" that are supposed to go directly to the people working the event. Awful company to work for, I DO NOT recommend. Go work at CBS or AOL Radio instead. – less
awesome place to work,great co-workers and lots of fun!!!
Broadcaster for KXEW-Tejano (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2013
Pros: all the perks.
Cons: not enough hours.
A typical work day was never the same,everyday being different with the listeners calling in and all the music industry people I had the pleasure of meeting.I learned a lot of patience working there because of all the ideas I had as a on air personality I was limited as to what I could do.Co-workers were all awesome never a dull moment!!!...as for the – more... hardest part of the job was leaving because I was not getting the hours I needed to pay my bills!!!...And the most enjoyable part was all the perks...free concerts,lunches etc. – less
Great people to work with
Promotion Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2013
During my time at Clear Channel I learned how the promotion side of radio works. I worked behind the scenes to set up the remotes as well as working the events/remotes themselves. I learned a great deal about this side of the radio business which I had never worked with before.

1 2 3 4

About Clear Channel Communications

This company leaves few open channels on the radio dial. Clear Channel Communications is the #1 radio company in the US, with – Read more

Clear Channel Communications Photos