Clear Channel Communications

Clear Channel Communications Employer Reviews

Radio Station Giant
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee), DallasJuly 2, 2014
This is a big company that had a fairly expansive on-boarding processes, then mediocre support, training and career development.
Fast-paced sales environment
Director of Research (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: lots of layoffs, no upward mobility or job security
I was part of a great small team with phenomenal leadership.

Fast-paced, excellent time management skills required. A lot of projects to balance and calls/meetings to attend. In the end it was all worth it to see the direct impact on the company and sales.
Educational and fun, but untrusting.
Intern (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 5, 2014
Pros: educational, friendly employees
Cons: office work, no pay
Working as an intern at Clear Channel Communications was a very educational experience, and I learned a lot about the radio business. The employees who worked there were all very kind and inviting. However, they would rarely give the inexperienced interns like myself any challenging jobs, instead relying on interns who had been there for a longer time – more... or other employees. Most of the tasks I was asked to do were simply office work. While I had no issue doing them, I felt as though it would have been more rewarding if I had been given the chance to at least watch the audio editing. That being said I did learn a lot about the radio business and I have many fond memories working there. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been the song segueing, which is simply making the time between songs going on air as short as possible. I needed to listen to the beginning and end of each song and decide when the best time would be for me to transition to the next song. Many of the other employees there thought it was a tedious task, but to me it was the task that made me feel like I was working for a big radio station the most. – less
Positive work environment, employees work in collaboration
MIS Director, Network Engineer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: positive experiences, current it technology and fun place to work
Cons: low pay for mis directors
Working within Clear Channel Communications was a fun and adventurous time in moving IT and supporting infrastructure components into the next century. The employees and business owners are fun group to work with.
Fun place to work!
Radio Intern (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2014
Enjoy every aspect of my job! All the employees are very friendly and I never get bored at work!
Great place to work of you aren't a single parent
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: good pay, great hours, a lot of work making the day fly by.
Cons: you had to suck up to team lead and supervisor, watch your back when you are not liked, a little more unorganized than i like, understaffed.
I was contracted through a temp agency to work for Clear Channel Outdoor. It was hard work and understaffed. I loved it. I stayed busy and most of the time the day flew by. People had their clicks, just like any job. The parts I wasn't crazy about, if the supervisor or team lead did not like you, you were not going to last there. Even with doing a great – more... job and surprising everyone with how fast you catch on, this did not matter if you were not liked. Things were done or forgot to be done if you were that person. I was really not liked because when I caught onto what was happening I started emailing my request so I may have a paper trail. Well, they got me. The weekend before I was let go my infant daughter was hospitalized from Friday night to Sunday evening (this was during my days off). I went back to work during my normal shift on Monday with no issues. Tuesday, while at work, I was called saying my daughter was running a temperature and needed to get picked up. I informed the proper people of the situation. I was told that was fine but to make sure I set my away message on my email until Monday. I was told this is standard to set it up like that. It didn't sound right but I did as I was told and had to go pick up my child. Due to my child being hospitalized just a few days earlier, I had to take her into her doctors to be checked. I informed the proper parties about the soonest appointment was the next day and I had to go due to paperwork that had to be signed. I was told that was fine and they will see me the next day. The evening of the next day I was called by the temp agency saying I was being let go due to the two days I took off. I was surprised but yet was not. I was upset with the supervisor and team lead because of the lie that was told for them to let me go. Other than that, I loved the job I did, most of the people I worked with, and the pay was decent. – less
No job security, the company is going under quickly
sales (Former Employee), floridaMay 9, 2014
Pros: free event tix. free food from restaurants with little or no advertising budgets
Cons: free food and concert tix do not amount to horrible health benefits, constant lay-offs, terrible treatment and gossip from management, and no pay increase as work load doubles
many people that work at clear channel are brilliant, creative, and hard working. co-workers are nice sometimes if you are in a clique. management is only concerned about themselves and will cut anyone out quickly.

-no job advancement. at least one lay off a year. (just google "clear channel mist tunnel" or "clear channel debt")

-terrible benefits. – more... no pay raises. (unless you have been there over 15 years of course)

-horrible management structure

-no training (training materials are made often by clueless interns or assistants with no media experience or training)

-no inter-department communication

-work load is always growing, with no pay raises. ever – less
Productive fun place to work
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee), Statesville, NCMay 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: to far away from territory and home to attend all events
I learned you had to stand out from competition. great support staff. main job to sale....
Disappointing!
Clerk (Former Employee), San AntonioApril 29, 2014
Pros: lots of perks
Cons: not easy to get hired there if you are a temp
I worked here through a temporary agency and was promised
full-time which never happened. The department I worked in was
very clickish and if they don't like you they get rid of you which I think was my case. They seem to hire alot of temps and get rid of them for no reason even if they do a good job. This would be a good place to work if they would – more... keep all of the good employees instead of getting rid of them. – less
Productive place to work
Traffic Director (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day at work is very evenly paced. I have deadlines to meet but, as long as my co-workers do their part I can easily meet these deadlines. I have learned a lot at my job. I had never worked in radio until I started here 8 years ago. Working in radio has been fun and I have met a lot of great people. I work with some great people but, it's just – more... like anywhere you have to take the bad with the good. We have had some recent Upper Management changes and I don't feel like the changes made are best for the company or our Market. – less
Fine, if you don't expect advancement
Sales (Former Employee), LAApril 14, 2014
Pros: celebrity sightings every once in a while. office atompsphere is casual compared to most.
Cons: senior staff will throw entry level under the bus, low compensation to start, no/rare raises.
I worked for the company for many years with one raise. In fact, they stopped quarterly bonuses, so I never made as much as I did the first 2 years during any of the following 7. The bottom line is all that matters. You can bust your rump or put forth the bare minimum effort. Doesn't much matter, as long as sales goals are met. You do get a celebrity – more... sighting in the halls every now and again. That is somewhat exciting. – less
THE START OF A BEAUTIFUL CAREER!
Program Director/On-Air Personality (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: made friends til the end, excitement, money
Cons: from 1988 til 2001 nothing i can think of!
ALWAYS AN EXCITING DAY IS INSTORE FOR YOU WHEN YOU WORK FOR CLEAR CHANNEL COMMUNICATIONS, WETHER INDOOR (radio, television) OR OUTDOOR (concerts, billboards).
I LEARNED WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IN THE TOP 5 MARKET AND THE RESPONSIBILTIES.
WORKED WITH TOP OF THE LINE MANAGEMENT FROM 1988 UNTIL 2001 (Philadelphia).
THE TEAM (co-workers) WAS AND 'TIL THIS – more... DAY FAMILY, WITH #1 RATINGS TO PROVE IT, IN ALL DAYPARTS!
THERE WAS NEVER AN OPSTICAL OR HARD PART OF THE JOB WE COULD NOT HANDLE.
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF CLEAR CHANNEL AT THAT TIME WAS THEY ALWAYS GAVE US GREAT #1 RATINGS RECOGNITION DINNERS AND LUNCHS, SOMETIMES JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT!
ALWAYS SOMETHING UNEXPECTED (Full staff meetings in the parking lot, BBQ's, club parties, etc.). – less
Great place to work and great team
Senior Support Technician/Q/A Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2014
Pros: our team with like family. we cooked lunches and got to taste different cultures.fdee
Cons: my department moved to flordia
Second level support & supervisor for help desk personnel. Used IM to answer user complaints. Design and update testcases for new releases of a yield management system. Used SCRUM for project management activities. Documented problems with application using TEST TRACK. Train new students on application and help desk procedures. Conducted usability test – more... with sales managers before new releases. – less
Great Internship
PRODUCER/OFFICE INTERN (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great environment
I really thought that in my time as an intern I was taught a lot about the radio media field. Saw several people take advancement opportunity when it came along. If I had been offered a position I would have definitely taken it.
Fun meet lots of famous people
Traffic Manager (Former Employee), SacramentoFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great pay and lots of free movies
Cons: hard to take time off due to job duties
I loved working for clear channel. Being in the life of radio was an experience I will never forget. I was always busy but had great coworkers that would make the day stress free mostly. The hardest thing about this job was taking time off. I did not want my co workers having to do my work while I was gone. Commercial logs never end.
Clear Channel Communication A change in motion
Information Systems Audit Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Clear Channel is a large ship changing its course of direction and with that comes the growing pains of reduction in force and also the fact that the company is wanting to expand.
with that in mind, positions in my department were not back filled making it difficult for some departments and employees to conduct their job while wearing many hats.
I enjoyed – more... the traveling aspect of my Job and the People are hard workers and dedicated.
the hardest part of the job was trying to keep abreast of the job skill sets that senior management wanted to implement usage of. – less
Imaging
Copywriter/Imaging Director /On-Air Personality (Former Employee), miami, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Great work environment. Awesome perks. My radio school. My day included working on the imaging of the station and assist the PD with everything else that had to do with programing.
Internship
Web Content Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, InJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: fun environment, great learning experience
Cons: no pay
Internship at X103/Q95
Do any projects that were required as the Web Content and Social Media editor.

Research the news for interesting/weird news and link the article on the website.
Post any links to what I put on the website on Twitter/Facebook
Edit photo and video sizes when needed.
Select a song of the day and embed the video on the website
Use – more... photoshop to edit any pictures that were being added to the website
Create and write my own blog on the website (4 part series). – less
Unique and Exciting Work place
Promotion Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: interacted with the public at promotion events
Work varied on a daily basis. Worked with a diverse staff of industry professionals.
great place to learn
Radio DJ on KC101.3 (Former Employee), hamden, ctJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: learned alot, great people, loved doing it
Cons: min. wage
I started off as an intern and worked my way up to a board operator, to on air personality. It's a great place to learn. The employees are willing to teach whoever is willing to stay.

1 2 3 4 5

About Clear Channel Communications

This company leaves few open channels on the radio dial. Clear Channel Communications is the #1 radio company in the US, with – Read more

Clear Channel Communications Photos