Clear Channel Media & Entertainment

Clear Channel Media & Entertainment Employer Reviews

Fun workplace and fast paced
Radio & Media Sales Assistant (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 16, 2014
Free concerts, young staff, a lot of celebrities come in and out of the studio.
Fun place to work
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Modesto, CaJuly 3, 2014
Pros: going to great events and meeting artists
Cons: getting paid less then the market is paying
helping clients with their advertising. Entering in orders and answering phone calls.
Lots of autonomy
Director of Revenue Management (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Very strong analytics. Not a lot of opportunity to use them at times.
A Great Experience
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2014
Simply put working with Clear Channel is an amazing experience. You get to meet outgoing and interesting individuals, always work on something new, and constantly learn something new and exciting on a daily basis.
Great work environment and people
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: not having a job
I enjoy working so I make the best of any situation. Great co-workers and beautiful office and surroundings
Productive and very fast paced enviroment
Business Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch and free tickets to events when available
Cons: healthcare, salary, no more growth
I get here and my day starts right away. No coffee for this girl needed. I have learned that you cannot finish everything that you need to do in one day and you must find a stopping point at the end of the day unless of course it was a task that had to be completed on a date and time. I like my coworkers but as a manager you learn when you need to be – more... a boss or a friend. With all the layoffs like everywhere else it's hard to not have a backup. At the end of the day I am proud to say that I did my best and results happened. – less
Good company but sales reps have it hard
Outside Account Executive (Former Employee), norfolk vaApril 14, 2014
Pros: working for radio station, free gifts, concerts, tickets, etc
Cons: work load, structure, management
Management really wanted you to do everything. From finding new client, setting up appointments, closing deals, making commercial script, designing scheduling, collecting money, all while you had to search for new clients. Work load could become very heavy.
Professional, Fun, and Entertianing Place to work.
Intern Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: affiliated with all tampa bay area professional sports franchises, and you will get a chance to what it is like on the other of the looking glass.
Cons: job availibility is not high, so doing a great job, working hard, and contrubuting may not get you a got, sometimes it's about timing.
I enjoyed my time at 620 WDAE on "The Sports Page" & "Ron & Ian Show," I learned a lot more about the inner workings on the broadcasting & new media industry. It afforded me the opportunity to met and get to know new and interesting people and professionals.
Great place to work. Wonderful Sales Team
Marketing and Sales Account Executive (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2014
I work with a variety of businesses and their owners to help create effective marketing campaigns. On a daily basis I handle everything from cold calls, campaign design, events, collections, and sales training. We have a wonderful competative team but work well in developing each others accounts. The hardest part of my job is not having more hours in – more... a day to help local and nationally owned businesses. The most enjoyable part of my job is creating campaigns and events that drive consumers to my clients. I love the team we have here in Colorado Springs and love working for Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. – less
Fast-paced, lively, high pressure
Account Executive (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Door-to-door sales, B2B on air advertising. Fun, yet high pressure, high stress, fast-paced atmosphere.
A lot of resources
Account Executive/Show Host (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 5, 2014
There are a ton of advantages to working for a company like Clear Channel. The resources they have are second to none! The problem is it's like a lot of big companies where politics comes into play for management positions. There are a number of managers in the company that aren't qualified for their positions.
Comfortable and amazing experience
Promotions & Marketing (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Learned a lot about what its like to work in radio. Gained plenty of experience with events such as radio events and concerts. A typical day was usually fast paced but very easy for myself. The hardest part of the job was the large events, but they were so much fun, you forgot how much hard work you were doing until you got home and your feet were numb.
Great Company, Lots of Assets, Pay could be better
Account Executive (Current Employee), GAJanuary 18, 2014
I enjoy working for an industry leading company. Not too many complaints.
Positive
Account Executive (Former Employee), Miramar, FLDecember 1, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: work weekends
Up at 6, in the office at 8. 50 cold calls weekly, 5 new business meetings a week. I learned how to build a marketing campaign, an advertising pitch, and how to pitch to clients amongst many other very useful skills. Management was fair, and provided thorough direction for their employees. The fellow co-workers would help where they can, and provided – more... moral support. Hardest part of my job was rejection and to continue to move forward. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the marketing campaign work that you help build. – less
Great exposure to the entertainment industry
Integrated Media Solutions Consultant (Former Employee), St Louis Park MinnesotaNovember 25, 2013
Clear Channel is always finding new products and channels for marketing products and they are among the best at innovation. Leading edge concepts include iheart radio.
fun, fast paced working enviornment
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 14, 2013
Pros: concerts, events
Cons: long hours, demand on time
great place and great people! Fun, fast paced and exciting place to work. Most difficult part of the job would be the demand on your time. It is a 24 hour, 7 day a week business!
To become an integral leader and a top producer for a prominent organization
Account Executive, (Sports Marketing Division) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2013
*Responsible for selling general advertising and sponsorships for the Pittsburgh Steelers Radio Network, the Pittsburgh Penguins Radio Network, 970 ESPN Radio, NewsTalk 104.7

*Design creative on-air, digital, & social media marketing campaigns for clients

*Strong record in aggressively pursuing and obtaining new business both local direct & agency

*Managing – more... current client book of business to cultivate relationships in order to grow revenue

*Developed a strong understanding of corporate sales, the advertising industry, my competitors, target demographics, & the extensive process to closing complex deals

*Learned to better understand the needs of the client, their company, their industry, their competitors, & their customers in order to efficiently design a campaign that will directly increase their results – less
Give a lot to get a little
Promotions Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
The hours are long and the pay is so low. Each week has different events and promotions so your schedule is never consistent. It is a very relaxed environment in the office and workers can wear jeans and sneakers if they want. The events are a lot of fun, especially if its a big concert but the cell phone stores and car dealership promos get boring.
Very hard place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2013
very hard place to work, 9 out 10 do not stay.
Good management support
The Hardest part of job is cold call/Sales
Fun and Rewarding work; Career options limited
Digital Content Director (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2013
Pros: fun industry to work in, free cds/concerts/etc, flexible schedule
Cons: compensation, career advancement
It is extremely fun to work with fun radio station brands on a daily basis. There is creative freedom to do your job and it is a friendly team environment. There is a flexible schedule as long as your work is getting done, and there are frequent fun perks like live music performances in the building.

Unfortunately, pay for certain departments isn't – more... exactly competitive and it's difficult to advance your career if you aren't interested in switching departments. – less

Clear Channel Media & Entertainment Photos