Clear Channel Radio

Clear Channel Radio United States Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2015
I learned a lot about radio sales
I found the format a bit challenging to sell as it was older music format, all good accounts were already assigned to more senior AE
Management was great!!
internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Burlington, VTApril 8, 2015
answered phones, put on the "Cinderella Project". I had to cold call stores to donate for high school dances...dresses, flowers, all products for a prom. It was to help people who couldn't afford the items for their dream prom but deserved it just as anyone else did.
An internship
Non-Paid Internship (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free events
Cons: n/a
I interned for the best company ever, so much fun going to the events. Learned a lot in the different departments producition, sales, and even sat in the different shows with radio personalities. The was no hard part, and everything was enjoyable.
Radio Sales
Creative Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso. TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: in the field
Cons: commishion based salary
Propected local businesses to purchase radio adverstisment. Handled my clients billing. Made schedules to run said clients commercials. Wrote, edited and voiced commercials.
Bad morale
News Anchor (Former Employee), Franklin, NJMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good people. a team atmosphere
Cons: no recognition for jobs well done
Not a good place to work. Not a good place to work. Do not work here. Management does not recognize talent or good efforts,
Loved working here
Show Producer/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: no job security
Job was great. very demanding and no room for growth, but I loved every minute of it. The only downside is that they fired people left and right. There was no job security whatsoever.
fast paced, fun, stressful
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fun and diverse
Cons: a lot of managers, a lot of meetings
Working in the radio business is fast paced, fun, and can be stressful. Clear Channel offered great benefits, and a fun work environment.
It's Radio
Marketing Specialist / Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lehigh ValleyJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i think they gave us beer once
Cons: google clear channel
Selling dead air is a challenging job at a time when the internet and satellite radio are completely taking over. The atmosphere was fun here, however its hard to make a a living in a dying industry. I believe I left this job when they told me I couldn't leave to go to the hospital to help my fiance that was just in a near fatal car crash.
Radio Board op/producer
Producer/Board Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2014
Handle live production responsibilities for AM talk radio. Operating multiple computer systems. Interacting with callers and show hosts. Pre/Post production editing and planning. Coordinating satellite broadcasts and planning weekend programing.
Good Place
Integrated Media Account Executive (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2014
It was a great place for a start to the radio industry. They are cutting edge when it comes to new ways to adapt to media.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT!
PROMOTION INTERN (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 21, 2014
At Clearchannel I learned everything from building and maintaining websites to creating mailing list. I was also able to get on air and help execute events around the Lexington Market!~
Productive and a very fun work place
Assistant to Event Coordinator - Internship (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the experiance
Cons: no pay
A typical work day was sitining at a desk and coming up with ideas for events and prize give aways for what ever game we decided on having. I learned how these promotions were planned. The management was very helpful. My co-workes were very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job was the public speaking Iam a nervous wreck. The most enjoyable was meeting the celebraties.
Clear Channel Radio
Total Traffic Producer and Reporter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: low paying, poor management, no job secuirty
This job was very fun at times, but no job security. I made it through many layoffs and then finally get let go along with my entire department. I was a traffice reporter/producer as well as in marketing. I worked a full time and part time job just to be able to afford to work there. This was my first full time job out of college and I enjoyed the experience.
Great experience and great opportunities
Account Executive (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: networking with other professionals in the community
Cons: lack of job security
No two days were alike. I would spend some days in the office making cold calls to potential clients. Other days, I would spend out in the field making physical connections with clients. The overall experience was great. I learned a lot, and really enhanced my ability to communicate ideas and sell products. The hardest part of the job was the pressure to close deals. The pressure was also the best part of the job, because it motivated me to work hard every day, and helped me to develop a strong work ethic.
Very Awesome Company
Internship (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Even though I was just an intern there, this company is a great company.
Great company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 27, 2014
The staff is wonderful and the management is very supportive!
A Dying company layoffs every year
Remote Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee), Independence OhioSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: no raises, no job security, cut throat atmosphere
Company is deeply in debt and can not survive. Upper Management very self centered protecting their own job by chopping others. Direct Management Supervisors very good try to care for their employees
Most enjoyable part of the job
Production Director Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: coworkers were great.
I produced commercials for a handful of radio stations and was allowed a certain level of creativity in how I went about it.
I love being in radio
Reporter (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2014
I really enjoyed the news aspect of the position. I liked being able to be out all day gathering sound and photos for the news
Intern
Intern, 103.5FM (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2014
It was a great experience, always thankful for work experience

1 2 3 4 5