Clear Channel

Clear Channel Employee Reviews

low wages, the worst of corporate structure
bd op (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 27, 2015
not the worst job, but training was terrible, scheduling was late and conflicting, for a communications business, they were seriously lacking
Intern
Rotational Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 6, 2015
Wonderful experience as an intern. Although it was challenging I managed to balance the internship and school. I recommend such an experience
What to Expect at KGGI 99.1
Marketing and Social Media Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 9, 2015
Cons: no pay
A great place to build experience and learn complex things you've never thought you'd be able to learn. I enjoyed the small amount of time I was able to be there, although I wish there were additional job opportunities.
Productive workplace
National Sales Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great coworks
Cons: little upward mobility
Clear Channel is a high energy workplace. There is a strong focus on radio advertising. They are looking to hire people with musical interest.
excellent
Executive Assistant/Traffic Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Excellent corporation to work for, lots of perks. Great people, room to grow, nice offices, central location, great benefits, 401k
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: discounts.
Cons: security check point
Typical day would be me going in the airport and getting about 10-15 boxes of magazines and distributing them to every terminal. If things where not how they were suppose to be I take the action to fill it up and replace it. The job is located at O'hare so the commute is the only hard part to me. I don't mind doing labor work at all. My boss is very reasonable, I get my hours, breaks, and work done quick.
Unprofessional, stay clear of the AP department!
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2014
I've never worked somewhere like this in my life. The managers are clique-y, rude, and look down their noses at you. Goals were not shared with us as far as numbers to meet, etc. Once a year they just tell you rather you hit your numbers or not, no elaboration. All four of the female AP managers are horrible, and I feel bad for the people that still work there. They expect you to come in, like a robot, sit down, shut up, work, and leave. Don't dare come in or leave a minute late, you'll get written up for it! They never thanked us or told us we were doing a good job. This company has a reputation because of this department, and within the company, everyone knows that the AP department is the worst department to work for. During Christmas, because it's not only month end but also year end, expect to work 2-3 weeks in a row with no lunches and staying late. Also, for every month's end, expect to work through lunches and stay late. They don't give out the opportunity to volunteer for people who might want these hours, it's mandatory across the board. Worst place I've ever worked!
Great place to work!
Board Operator for KIIS, KHHT, MYFM, KOST and KYSR (Current Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 23, 2014
Make sure on air is running perfect. Great place to work. I've been here for over a year and hope to stay for the long run.
Budget focused
Director of Sales, National Sales Manager (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAOctober 17, 2014
Clear Channel on whole was a budget driven, revenue focused company. This trickled down to local markets creating a very numbers oriented atmosphere. It certainly allowed me to learn better budgeting and forecasting.
Professional, Entertaining, Trendy workplace
Traffic Reporter (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2014
Fast paced, exciting arena for reporting and producing. Versatility a must.
Lots of fun working for a rock station
Account Executive (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 24, 2014
Pros: marketing ideas & programs
Cons: small demographic...
Business to business radio sales. Selling promo nights, marketing ideas etc. Looking for ways to the client to break out of the ad clutter.
Productive fun work environment
P/T Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2014
Fun place to work. Events and people are fun to be around. Nobody is always looking over your shoulder and it's nice not being micro managed. Pay isn't very good.
Fun and cool people
Promotions Internship (Former Employee), Orlando FLJune 1, 2014
I interned with Clear Channel in their promotions department. I had to set-up, break down, and host station events. I also had to work in the office and do things like contact prize winners, update the event website, and answer ay questions people had. The people there were great.
Working at a radio station
Promotional Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: part time work
• Executed on site radio promotions; set up and breakdown promo displays
• Maintained frequent client communication to ensure success of campaign and strength of marketing message
• Interacted with audience to enforce positive representation
Progression
Producer/ Board Operator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2014
A very good chance to move up in the company. Good people and fun place to work
intense
Account Executive (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 7, 2014
It is intense and competitive with fair hours and compensation. Great relationships with coworkers and managers.
Fun Place to Work
Interactive Media and WHNZ Account Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: no advancement
I ran a station on the am side called, WHNZ. It was pay for the hour time. After 6 months I filled the station for 2 years out. After I sold myself out of the position, Clear Channel added more of an advertising role on the websites. I sold pay per clicks, banner ads and interactive media.
Busy, energetic, lots of variety
LAN Manager/Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2014
Pros: live music from up and coming performers, a good bit of autonomy.
Cons: being the only local person can sometimes be overwhelming.
Clear Channel has provided a demanding yet fulfilling employer. Given the opportunity I would continue to work for them, but in a different city.

Mine is a busy job. From the most mundane fixing of email to uncovering the cause of an automation glitch, I keep busy all day and like that. It's a great pleasure to solve the puzzles that present themselves throughout my day. As the network manager, I enjoy the pleasure of my coworkers and solving the problems that interrupt their productivity.

The 4 AM calls are difficult, but are a rarity after years of fine tuning the network.
Productive Day always work to be done
Promotions Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaMarch 11, 2014
Pros: i loved all the people, and i loved that everyday was different and i always got to learned something new
Cons: we always were very busy there is not enough hours in a day to finish our job in some matters.
A normal day in Clear Channel can change. We work for artists so they can decide to be on time or to be late. I had the expierence to work with many different people and numerous events from top 40 music to country music as well. I always had to make sure that all on air personality had the prizes and the different promotions that we work with during the certain time. I always had to make sure listiners were always happy and they all got the prizes that they won as well. The hardest part of the job it was a never ending day, my day could start early if there was any questions because all email does go to our phone. I loved it because it kept me busy all the time and I got to do many different jobs and taks that I had never thought I would do.
Clearchannel
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 4, 2014
The job experience was a great one for me up until a new level of management came in and carried out the down sizing of the company. No one likes to lose a job due to down sizing of a company.

1 2 3