Clear Lake Regional Medical Center

Clear Lake Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Loved my job
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working at this hospital. I was always busy and loved being around my coworkers. I love working in a hospital setting.
Pros
The environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Good place to begin
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 29, 2015
It is an okay place to work, safe secure job. Not pay is bottom level pay that's why I say great place to start no where to stay or retire from. Benefits are not the greatest, but hey it is a secure job that's about it would rather not go back.
Good experience
PCT-A Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 13, 2015
I know of some other volunteers who did have some problems; however, I did not. I saw an entire array of different kinds of problems and watched many different types of treatments. It was very busy.
Too much politics
Newborn Nursery Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 6, 2015
I would never recommend this, or any other HCA facility to any nurses. Management was unreliable and untrustworthy; made promises they had no intention of keeping and belittled employees.
Good experience.
Student (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXSeptember 19, 2015
Good clinical instructors. Professional and organized. Ensured I had a variety of patients to work with. Always welcoming and caring.
First opportunity as a sonographer
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 5, 2015
My responsibilities here were patient care. This was my first echo job, but I was also the office technician/MA. I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked here. My desire to learn and see more was my reason for leaving.
This hospital gives lip service to employee engagement
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  LabJuly 30, 2015
If you are not day shift and nursing, you are not considered a valuable employee.
Working short is expected, and they'd prefer to train rather than retain good workers. Pay is substandard.
Pros
free parking, close to the clear lake area, decent options for insurance
Cons
short staffed, poor pay
A Continue Learning Environment
Nurse Assistance (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 21, 2015
12 hrs. shifts
Continue learning environment
Good Management
Diversity at work
Long shifts non-stop walking
Taking care of Patients
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Expensive food, Constant out of work hours classes.
Medical Technologist - Dedicated Blood Banker (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 15, 2015
I had a great learning opportunity in a place where I was able to get more experience in Blood Bank area as a dedicated Blood Banker. We had great team work and support from co-workers.
i would still be there
Engineer tech ll (Former Employee) –  Webster Tx.April 15, 2015
I love this job. we did variety of things daily from working on tv, beds electrical, plumbing, cable system, security, boilers, hot water heaters, chillers, air handlers, pumps, medical air, med. gas, med. vacuum, carpentry work to all kinds of projects
Pros
benefits, great hours
Cons
they layed off several of us when new director came in.
management
Registered Nurse Intermediate II (Current Employee) –  webster txApril 10, 2015
leadership in the administration leaves the bed side nurse feeling
abandonend alone. situations are not handled according and diffused when they foresee issues.
A friendly environment
NICU Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 6, 2015
A typical day consisted of managing the unit and addressing issues brought up by the staff, as well as others within the multi-disciplinary team.
It also consisted of preparing schedules for the staff and overseeing the unit in order to ensure that admissions and discharges were handled smoothly.
A typical day also included meetings, both attending and presenting. It also included educational issues and environmental matters when needed. The hardest part of the job was when there was conflict amongst the staff members. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully stabilizing the most critical patient.
Pros
The hospital offerred good medical benefits and employee incentives
Cons
Working short of staff
great place to work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  webster, texasApril 2, 2015
answer all incoming calls, overhead page all codes, transfer calls to correct departments pages doctors, and other duties as assigned
Fun placed to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXMarch 30, 2015
I met alot of different people from different backgrounds. I prepared meals per diet restictions per patient. Did alot of bulk cooking
Pros
time off was good
Work with good coworkers and friends
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 4, 2015
Work with not only coworkers but they are my friends. I open up the triage unit for labor and delivery when I arrive at 0630 and get it ready for the day. We have scheduled patients as well as patients sent from the doctor's offices to be assessed and also patients that show up unannounced seeking assessment and care. The hardest part of my job is when we get so busy that there is not enough room for the patients that come in and we have to place some in the waiting room. Its hard knowing in the back of your mind that there is someone in the waiting room and you want to hurry so you can get them on the monitor so make sure the baby is okay.
Pros
work with friends, great secretary/tech.
Cons
rarely get to sit for full 30 minute lunch.
Great first job out of nursing skills, helped to define nursing practice
RN (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXDecember 10, 2014
 New hire nurse preceptor as well as CPOE super user
 Providing patient information and support of medical procedures and medications
 Contribute to a multidisciplinary team for patient treatment
 Implementing time management, prioritizing as well as patient advocacy
 Performing skills daily: IV insertion, lab collection, Foley catheter insertion, bladder scan, medication administration, telemetry monitoring, pre/post- procedure preparation and evaluation, wound care, new patient admissions as well as discharges
Great advancement opportunity
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Very busy, but fun place to work. Feels like family that you are working with. Boss is excellent.
Pros
great teams
Cons
insurance and pay benefits low
Same as HCA
Registered Nurse (Oncology) (Former Employee) –  Webster,TXAugust 23, 2014
This section is the same review as the one for HCA. It is the same workplace.
This was a fast paced PACU with a complicated patient population
CV RECOVERY CATH LAB STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXAugust 13, 2014
A great learning and working experience. I moved for a higher paying job and a different patient population.
A great team atmosphere
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced as I meet the needs of critically ill patients.
I have relearned, and improved upon, previous nursing skills. I have also learned better time management skills.
The managers are great leaders and are willing to help out when needed.
My co-workers are efficient workers and willing to help others when needed.
The hardest part of my job is at the end of the day when a patient has passed. I am typically able to help the patient and the family through difficult situations, such as death, but I find the hardest part to be helping myself to work through the events of the day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can realize that I have somehow helped a patient and/or their family to better understand the disease process.