Clear Lake Regional Medical Center

Clear Lake Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

A great team atmosphere
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Webster, TXApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced as I meet the needs of critically ill patients.
I have relearned, and improved upon, previous nursing skills. I have also learned better time management skills.
The managers are great leaders and are willing to help out when needed.
My co-workers are efficient workers and willing to help others when needed.
The hardest – more... part of my job is at the end of the day when a patient has passed. I am typically able to help the patient and the family through difficult situations, such as death, but I find the hardest part to be helping myself to work through the events of the day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can realize that I have somehow helped a patient and/or their family to better understand the disease process. – less
Nice, close to home facility
Staff nurse on Medical Intermediate (Former Employee), Webster, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great new nurse experience in very busy nursing units
Cons: unfriendly work environment; less than clean hospital
This was not the cleanest facility to work for. Nurses were very competitive and unwilling to assist new nurses. Several unfriendly physicians and some very lazy/uncaring nurses.
Great Patient Care
Charge nurse (Former Employee), JacksonvilleMarch 8, 2014
Conducive atmosphere for growth and patient care. Great working environment and nursing staff
Major hospital in the area large corporation affilation
Staff Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Unit (Former Employee), Webster, TXMarch 6, 2014
good people to work with
never felt accepted into the fold
usually had a 4 baby assignment w IV's and feeding tubes treatments medications
I love helping people and making them feel better
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Webster TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: paid time off, working 3 days a week
Cons: short staff
Meeting the demands of staff and patients.
I learn somthing new everyday.
I work well under pressure.
I get along with staff and charge nurses.
Having a patient die.
Working and helping patients with daily activities and helping them to get better. Keeping there spirits up.
Great place, loved it!
Student Intern (Former Employee), Webster, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Would be a great place to work for. Great location to the freeway. Managers are great.
Competent nursing dept., highest JACHO rating reviews in my 40 yrs
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Webster, TXAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great supervisors, continuous improvement
Cons: good pay-not superior pay, not a cutting edge environment for research
I enjoy the fact that there is not typical day at my work. The unit I manage is different every day, with unique patients and clinical challenges. The people I work with are like minded and all strive for excellence. My managers are caring and fair. The hardest part of the job is that we are asked to do more and more with less and less. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is the teamwork we have. Without it, we would not be able to accomplish what we do. – less
Horrible place to work
Senior Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Webster, TXMay 10, 2013
Cons: predjuidice
A typical day this place was horrible never organized, the coworkers was not friendly. It was nothing enjoyable about working there.
Excellent Organization
Director of Cardiac/Neuro/Pulmonary/Pharmacy (Current Employee), Webster, TXMay 4, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: limited growth opportunities
Great team with a common goal. Provide optimal helathcare to the community
telemetry
RN, BSN (Current Employee), webster txFebruary 11, 2013
I love have some changes in my routine work.presently working in tele metry unit with 1:4 patient ratio.
Pleasant place to work
PBX Operator (Current Employee), Webster, TXJanuary 19, 2013
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is a pleasant place to work. The administration staff seem to care about the employees and have numerous survey to get opinions.
Very good place to work. Caring friends, understanding managers, great team effort.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 29, 2012
44 beded level 3 NICU. Currently working as a charge nurse, transport nurse, preceptor for new graduates, and STABLE instructor. A typical day at work is really busy with admissions, stabilizations, procedures, in house and outside transports, discharges etc.
Very good place to work staff always works as team and everyone is willing to help and put patients first
CNA/ New Hire Preceptor/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Webster, TxDecember 13, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job was always getting to learn something new, meeting new people, and helping the patients.
Enjoyable Lab to work in.
Microbiology Student Preceptor (Former Employee), Clear Lake, TXOctober 20, 2012
Great people working in the Lab, very easy to get along and work with. Supervision is very receptive to all issues. Would love to work here if the pay wasn't so low.
A very well-run and well-respected facility
Serving as Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Webster, TXOctober 12, 2012
This is a very well-run facility. They are growing and expanding, yet they still care for each individual staff member and patient.
Nice Place to work
Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Webster, TXAugust 29, 2012
Up beat and friendly place to work. I learned a lot of new things. The management could use a little work but over all not to bad.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Webster, TXAugust 8, 2012
Good hospital in the Gulf Coast Region. Good place to work. Good administration.
standard emr system easy to understand
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Webster, TXJune 13, 2012
Pros: always a job open
Cons: leave with your experience in hand.
Management is thorough, but compensation is poor. Subordinates all are treated the same leaving no room for honored recognition. Good employees fall by the wayside.

July 1, 2012

Mnagement treat employees Technicians bad. Technicians leave the unit long periods. Supervisor Pharmacist is incompetent. Very low pay and turnovers are frequent. Work load considerable great. Need I say more.

Flexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Main HospitalJanuary 3, 2012
Pros: small facility atmosphere
Cons: short breaks
Flexible employer. Willing to work with any school schedule.