Pay commensurate with experience, starting at $14 an hour
Reporting to the Network Administrator/IT Manager, the IT Technician is responsible for several aspects of the bank’s technology. Primary responsibilities include technical support for many end-user programs, and customer support for Internet banking. The IT Technician will be responsible for other technology items the bank currently uses, such as PCs, printers, and software.
The IT Technician’s role is to support and maintain hardware and software computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
IT Duties: 70%
- All Tier 1 IT help desk support
- Customer support for Internet Banking.
- Morning (7:00 a.m.) computer room operations for IBM mainframe
- Deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Maintain computer virus prevention on all servers and pc’s
- Monitor established network policies, procedures and standards to ensure conformance with information systems and company’s objectives.
- Follow management direction in the enhancement of the system to meet the needs of the organization.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer and software operation as well as other issues.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding PC and /or software and hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all hardware and software.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and software and hardware vendors.
- Responsible for maintenance of hardware and software systems.
- Responsible for performing system backups and recovery for network.
- Responsible for resolving software and hardware related problems.
- LAN/WAN maintenance.
- As part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
- Able to adjust quickly to different work situations and remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Ability to identify a problem, gather pertinent information and break the problem into manageable segments for resolution.
- Must embrace change. Must see change as opportunity. Must be willing to express and support management's ideas to affected staff.
Oral/Written Communication skills:
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both orally and written. Must be able to communicate throughout the organization and to all levels of staff and all customers.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time to complete work according to established deadlines. The ability to prioritize tasks to make the best use of time for high priority tasks.
- College diploma or university degree in field of Computer Science or Information Technology and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network, computer hardware and software.
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Some evenings and weekends required, as needed
More than 100 years ago, we began assisting the people of our communities with financial services and products. We started out small and our...