Fast paced, multi-provider, mutli-specialty clinic seeking an Office Administor with at least 5 years experience in managing a busy practice.
This position reports to the CEO and is responsible for all administrative, daily practice operations, federal and state regulated compliance mandates, financial functions, personnel, clerical, clinical, operational and business functions, and policies and procedures. Plans and assigns duties to employees. Monitors the activities of all operational components to ensure the practice successfully meets its objectives. Keeps the providers advised and seeks consent from them to coordinate and manage the activities of the practice.
General Duties and Expectations:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clinic staff functions.
- Recruits, trains, promotes, disciplines and terminates employees. Maintains all personnel files.
- Leads the staff by example in commitment, work ethic and job performance to the highest level of excellence
- Assures all staff is trained appropriately and serve patients with the highest level of patient service and caring.
- Monitors and conducts annual performance appraisals for all support personnel for physicians.
- Manage and coordinate all practice personnel by organizing and assigning duties to employees across the clinic.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Reviews/approves or denies time off requests, time cards and processes biweekly payroll.
- Prepares and retains such records and reports as required by law and/or providers.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Keeps Physicians informed by reviewing and analyzing monthly reports, special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Prepares and presents monthly financial and production reports to Board of Directors.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains, analyzes and negotiates payer contracts. Tracks renewal dates. Coordinates with IPAs and PHOs in which the practice is a member
- Maintains and renews all credentialing for providers. Credentials new providers.
- Maintains website (assures all information is correct) and overall practice marketing and advertising.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Establishes and maintains vendor contracts.
- Assuring a safe and workplace friendly environment for physicians, staff and patients.
- Maintains the physical property to guarantee that the building is clean and in proper working order.
- Serves as the practice’s representative on committees and public events.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Performs any other duties so required from time-to-time by the CEO.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action in a timely manner with appropriate follow-through.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as evidenced by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, physicians, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising good judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating practice policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to both personal and oversee the optimal use of the Practice Management software. Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of health care planning and management sufficient to manage, direct, and coordinate the operation of practice.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of accounting including creation and interpretation of reports.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the practice sufficient to interact with other health care providers, hospitals administrators, facility coordinators, consultants and vendors.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to direct its operations and to provide effective patient care.
- Knowledge of PQRS & Meaningful Use initiatives
- Working knowledge of ERISA, FLSA, OSHA, HIPAA and other applicable governmental and contractual compliance regulations.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware and networks systems sufficient to be able to determine reportable problems to IT service company.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority over assigned work functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to create, implement, interpret policies and protocols.
- Ability to organize and integrate organizational priorities and deadlines.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -