CLEAResult Employee Reviews

Great mission + great people = great place to work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2014
I love coming to work everyday! Company has ambitious mission to change the way people use energy and actively drives market transformation and people transformation to achieve this. I feel empowered to do what I need to do to make it happen for my clients. My team members are smart, enthusiastic, fun and interesting. Culture is casual, approachable. I feel respected by my manager and executives.

If you are self-driven, ambitious, focused, you will love working here. If you want to be told prescriptively how to do your job, read a process manual to do it, and just execute without thinking - this is not the place for you.
Pros
people and company are high energy, young and engaged. culture is great.
Cons
you're in a fast growing company, sometimes the process manual is not there - and i am glad it's not!!! beacuase
Company Startup
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 13, 2015
When I began my employment with CLEAResult in June 2009 there were 12 people working around folding tables to start up the business to provide contracted services to utilities in Michigan. When I left in April of 2015 the company had moved two times and employed over 150 people in the Michigan offices. We experienced many long days and sometimes working around the clock and through holidays to make sure that deliverables were achieved.
Through the companies growth I was able to be part of may different aspects of the program operations and management.Including consulting on program services offered or proposed to be offered by other business units of the company
Excellent Team Atmosphere
Senior Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Fast moving and developing Talent Acquisition team and spent time creating new process for candidate's and clients alike, across the US and Canada.

New and ever changing management due to the constant merging of new companies and often left wondering who was reporting to who, but very collaborative team with transparency between recruiting and Hiring Manager's.

Loved the team there and all were hard working and open to developing systems and processes for creating TA synergy.

Toughest issue was the lack of communication as new management transferred in and establishing an outlook for the contractor's
Pros
good growth of the company, variety of roles in an upcoming industry.
Cons
leadership.
Management Sucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 18, 2015
CLEAResult in Fall River, MA used to be Conservation Services Group. Don't let the new name fool you because management is STILL A JOKE. They go through 20 temps a month. Everyone leaves once they realize how unorganized and unprofessional management is. You'll work as a temp for a year and a half only to be let go because your "assignment ended" but in actuality they don't want to hire you into the company but they'll hire a new temp to take your place and start the cycle over again. Some temps also get paid more than the permanent employees depending on the agency.
Disengaged Management
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2015
Management has no idea what is going on in the field, and doesn't appear to be interested. A lot of finger pointing and lack of responsibility assumed by management. Employees are terminated for trumped up reasons such as budget cuts. Clearesult recently bought out a company in Portland, OR and people are quitting in droves. Think twice before applying with this company. Also, if you are terminated, they won't pay you out of the paid personal time you have accumulated.
Pros
Fair benefits package
Cons
Upper management isn't interested in what ground employees are trying to accomplish

Comment – April 28, 2015

It sounds like you would have benefitted from more engaged managers. I'm sorry you felt unsupported. Typically we are commended for our collaborative spirit. We wish you the best in your next endeavor. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. — CLEAResult community manager

Company focused on transforming the marketplace for Energy Efficiency
Sr Energy Efficiency Consultant - Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 24, 2014
Emphasis on Program Planning, Design, Implementation and Program Management.
Short term profitability and margins dictate business decisions at the expense of seasoned intellectual capital and long term success.
Great staff of employees focused to succeed.
Challenging in the commitment of work life balance
Most enjoyable is the satisfied clients and the goal achievement of energy savings.
Pros
try to make culture happen in some offices and vision to grow company good.
Cons
disengaged management, no investment in career growth and development, inconsistency of reality with management proclamation
Company Led By M&A
Chief Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2014
Since a venture capitalist firm began to lead this idealistic company, there has been much less emphasis on its original goals. Yes, it is still running energy efficiency programs, but it is less about how to find the best energy efficiency measure which meet the PUC objectives and more around finding the next acquisition target.
Pros
fantastic energy engineers and people
Cons
short sighted management

Comment – October 24, 2014

It’s true that CLEAResult has increased our capabilities this past year by acquiring other forward-thinking, industry-leading companies. Clients are asking us to grow to meet the needs of their customers and it’s because of these acquisitions that we’re able to evolve and also expand our teams of “fantastic” people like you’ve mentioned in your review. Thank you for your comments. — CLEAResult community manager

Hated working at this company
Incentive Processor (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MichiganNovember 8, 2014
Horrible company to work. The management team poorly trains it's employees and creates an atmosphere of overseers on a plantation.
Pros
overtime may be available
Cons
don't go to the rest room, don't take breaks, you are a slave at clearresult.

Comment – January 12, 2015

Thank you for taking time to notify us of your experience in Michigan. What you've described does not reflect our company culture — which means we have more improvements to make. We want our employees to enjoy coming to work each day, knowing we're making a difference.

Great in idea horrible in practice
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJuly 31, 2014
A typical day is surrounded by doing the same thing 8 different ways until finally the first time you did it is determined to be the right way.
I like to work here.
Sr. Energy Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 5, 2015
Good Company to work for in Energy engineering. enjoying doing ASHRAE Level audits for C&I customers. Done energy savings calculations for various fields such as HVAC, Air Compressors etc.
nice place
Multilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2015
nice job with beautiful office in a good area. fair compensation alot of employees have there ways of handling calls and management
Pros
nice call center
Cons
lack of recognition, lack of calls, repetitiveness
A place where you can grow, but you have to take ownership
Energy Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 2, 2015
The company has grown fast and lacks structure. One can grow their skills, but have to take ownership and work extra hours.
Rewarding and fun team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 24, 2015
Good company but a lot of paperwork because involved in government programs. Very good learning experience and everyone in company was incredibly friendly.
Challenging
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2015
New environment for me, lots to learn and many of the processes are new, not only to me, but because of their rapid growth.
Favorite place I have worked during my career
Sr. Program Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TxMarch 5, 2013
I joined CLEAResult prior to their great expansion. It is an excellent place to work.
Faset-pace; you won't get bored!
Incentive Processor (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MiAugust 11, 2012
Great company to work for with a fast-pace and lots of opportunity to develop new skills
friendly workplace
Financial / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2015
Amazing company but mismanagement of the department and infrastructure of the financial systems.
Miscommunication between the departments