CLEARFIELD JOB CORPS Employee Reviews

Good for those wanting to learn a trade
Plumbing Trainee (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTOctober 6, 2016
The Clearfield Job Corps Center is hands-down a very good place to go if you have nothing to lose and want to learn a trade.
jobcore
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 21, 2016
Good experience, teaches a person to be on there own and self reliant. Provides one with opportunity's and education. You get paid every month just like at a real job, half to be on time to your trade, meet and learn to interact with people, and become an adult.
Pros
pay, trade, experience
Cons
low pay, stress, difficult people
Fun training
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 19, 2016
Very hands on had a great time learning and getting along with people during training. had fun getting along with the staff they have been a big help during the training
Pros
free lunch
Cons
mondays sucks
Interesting Experience
Business Administration (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 6, 2016
Clearfield Job Corps was definitely an interesting experience. I was in the Business Administration program and I learned a lot about computers and basic office procedures. You can self teach yourself without being bothered so much. I don't know much about the other programs, would recommend for anyone who is interested in learning new skills without shelling out millions. Overall very interesting experience.
Very nice place to develop a profession
Plumbing Trainee (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 30, 2016
This place is amazing; very nice and beautiful with somewhat ok students. There are a lot of students there that it could seem overwhelming at first, but after a few weeks you get used to it. The instructors are great and it is a very good place to get a basis of what you want to do in life.
Meeting new friends
Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 27, 2016
Being here at Clearfield Job Corps was a great experience, I met a lot of diverse cultures also the staff here is amazing.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Rules
overall a nice program
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 27, 2016
easy if you apply yourself. spent 9 months there and I learned many employability skills. I also completed a trade I carpentry as well as obtaining my GED certificate
A place to learn & apply general safety
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Centerfield, UTJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work for me is decent and fair I like challenges .
I've learned safety in all fields of industry mostly construction and welding.
no co-workers just other class mates.
Hardest part of this job/school is the incompetent people.
I enjoy it all I'm never really bothered by anything.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
health care and pay
Work place in culinary
Culinary Trainee/ Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 13, 2016
A typical day in my class was never boring. My first teacher in the bakery was very helpful, taught me many things & was a awesome cook. I had learned that no matter how hard certain tasks were, never give up & keep going. My co-workers were the best because we all learned different things from our cultures in cooking food & the food was very delightful. We all treated each other like a family & always made sure we had fun. The hardest part about the job was that in my work base certain cooks their were not clean & would not let Other students & I clean the food. The most enjoyable part about it was cooking
fun and enjoyable center
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 2, 2016
its nice to come back into the dorm from a hard day at trade, and get to learn many things, my co-workers are nice they give me respect and I do to the as well and the most enjoyable part of the trade is when working on a project together.
Pros
free lunches, off center trips
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Fun place learn, and grow as much as posible.
Tranining in Office Adminastrative (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTApril 6, 2016
I learned how to act in Office Environment all the do's and don'ts. Great training and its on you own pest. Great staff always willing to help or get someone to help.
Pros
Free meals, Awesome Tranining
Cons
Pay
Well my Material Handling Instructure was always so much focused on us always busy keep track of material being used and material being sold
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMarch 21, 2016
Wake up every morning make sure everything is well organized Ware House, make sure forklift are expected and are working well and keep in track that material being used is being marked down to keep track of everything that being manufacture
Great place to start getting a better job
Facility Maintenance Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMarch 1, 2016
Clearfield Job Corps is one of the many Job Corps centers that will help you get or educate you on careers.
They will also help you get the required training to get the job in the career field/trades at the center.
Great place to help you get your life on the right track
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 1, 2016
overall I had no problems attending Clearfield job corps center. It has been a great experience to be here. I have learned a lot of useful skills here.
An Experience, Fun, Great Enviroment
WELDING STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 13, 2016
A Welcoming center full of great and helpful people, Welding Instructors willing to bend over backwards to make sure you get the knowledge and experience avalible
Lots of new people to meet
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTDecember 16, 2015
So many people helped a little with the field i was studying but to many people to have one on one. The teachers did a good job and gave people plenty of times to get hands on training.
I recommend Job Corps
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTDecember 14, 2015
Job Corps is not an easy process, it's not fun, and it's not comfortable. It is however the single best decision I have ever made, and I would recommend anyone struggling for a job to apply there and learn a trade.
Pros
Room and board, free food, bi-weekly pay.
Cons
Food isn't great, beds are uncomfortable, pay is very little.
eh
Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTDecember 8, 2015
Clearfield Job Corps is an alright program. The learning is a great opportunities. But life on campus weighs out the pros. We have to sign out on a paper to leave a campus that's not a prison. We basically ask for permission to leave. grown adults asking to leave campus after learning hours. The food messes with your digestive system and makes the toilet look like a throne. There is some cool people to work with but there is a lot of people that are not so pleasant. I have learned to cope well with people I don't like. People slack way too much. I have learned to take charge and do what needs to be done.
Pros
free food, free beds, free education
Cons
Short breaks, questionable instructors, Lots of limitations, Signing papers to leave campus.
Nice place to impact young minds to help them focus for a better future.
Campus Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTNovember 30, 2015
Fun work place, great place to help young minds focus on there future. Management is concerned about all of us. Growth is a little limited in our department as there are not many of us. Training is done in a professional manner.
Pros
Close to home, great people to work with.
Cons
Health benefits costly.
Productive and fun
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTNovember 3, 2015
I do what I got to do in trade and its fun, I learn new things every week. I still want to learn and further my education. The work place is pretty good and some the people here are great. I really enjoy coming into trade ready to learn and work.
Pros
Free food, recreational activities, and free residential living

CLEARFIELD JOB CORPS Reviews by Location