CLEARFIELD JOB CORPS

CLEARFIELD JOB CORPS Employer Reviews

working seras
office assistant (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTMarch 11, 2015
Pros: lunch free
Cons: short breka
I'm working my job position in carefully because I have responsibility in that place that why and when I wonted working careful the customer is very successfully customer is happy
Enhanced the lives of students that are less fortunate.
Culinary Instructor (Current Employee), Clearfield, UTJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: great employees and work/life balance.
Cons: some students are difficult to deal with as they have had very hard lives.
At Job Corps we help students with opportunities they may not normally have access to. Students chose a trade that they will learn the basics in and then use this experience to get a job. We also have staff that will aid in job hunting and finding a place to live. In the culinary department we teach the basics of cooking and then apply this knowledge by having luncheons for local community dignitaries. The students are involved in much of the aspects of what it takes to plan and implement a function.
Productive environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: fun coworkers
I enjoyed the people and here is where I learned being a receptionist/clerical.
Hardwork and Fun
Pre-Apprentice Student Foreman/Safety Officer (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTJanuary 16, 2015
The day starts at 7:30 am with an inspection of the worksites and projects that will be worked on by students. After an 30 minute safety briefing, students are assigned into crews and projects are assigned, along with the daily project of progress. Fifteen minutes before lunch all sites are inspected for safety hazards and progress. Proper storage of standard hand and electrical tools, liquid, and toxic materials. At the close of the day all students check in with the Student Foreman and the Instructor, reporting progress, problems, and question. The Student foreman insures a clean worksite and equipment.
Learning and enjoying at the same time.
Welding (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTSeptember 19, 2014
The hardest is learning how the best to do things that you've never done.But the best thing was to communicate and be with other workers.
It is what you make of it
welder, dorm secretary (Current Employee), Clearfield, UTSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free food, free career training, get treated how you present yourself
Cons: early mornings, unfavorable social environment, ghetto peeps
Job corps can either suck real bad, or be a great experience. its up to you. All the tools for success are here, you just need to see it and committ. A lot of kids here complain, about the free food, about the expectations, and responsibilities. However, if you can be an adult about it and realize where you want to ne in life, this place will help you tremendously. Peace.
An excellent place to have been trained
student (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTSeptember 12, 2014
Vocational training here was amazing. My instructors were patient, smart, easy to understand and were the number one supporters of the students progress. I learnt very well in school here, and because of them I will be successful on the job.
Made me review twice
Automotive Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: already submitted one
Cons: already submitted one
Already submitted one review look at my other review of Clearfield Job Corps Center
good life builder
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free everything
learned how to live an independent life style...learned how to manage a positive life with various cultures...
Clearfield Job Corps summary
Welding studdent (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTJune 27, 2014
Pros: free room, free food, friends, getting to learn how to do certain trades.
Cons: immature people
The campus is a nice place to be, free room and board, 3 meals a day and you get to know a lot of people. I was there for the welding program and each day was a challenge and I loved it because of the challenge. My co-workers ranged from the kids with bad attitudes, the guys who thought they knew everything, and the people who (like me) were there to get the work done and maybe have some fun along the way. In the welding program I learned how to use both stick and wire welding, how to use the grinders (both stationary and hand held), the acetylene torches as well as to use the shears. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the kids who thought that having a bad attitude made them better than everyone else. The most enjoyable part was getting to see my friends each day while learning to do the welds and helping them if they needed it.
debating
Internship (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTJune 18, 2014
job corps was a good program to get the certifications on the trade or training you did for the job corps program. I was here for almost a full year, and had come in on August 13, 2013 and will be leaving on August 22, 2014.
great instructors
welder in training (Current Employee), Clearfield, UTMay 31, 2014
job corps well, is self explanatory. I came here to learn a trade to make better money and I did welding in highschool and loved it. the instrutors here are great they help me on anything I need and there awesome to be around. I stay busy on my welding learning new things and different positions to weld in. theres some kids who are there just to mess around so it can be stressful but I stay focused. I enjoy welding it may be hard but I love it.
grate program to enroll in has grate work coulter and alot to offer
Facility maintenance tech (Former Employee), Clearfield utahMay 27, 2014
Pros: free room and bourd. paid training.
Cons: no smoking
At my stay at Clearfield I have learned a lot about working well with others. We had to be a team, it was a very satisfying experience there being able to learn all about the techniques and different ways of a handy man. The typical day was nothing in the ordinary we wired three way switches wile some where polishing finishing doors that where made wile working an a plumbing mok-up.It was a fun environment to work in our instructor helped out a lot making sure that by the end of our internship we where ready to start our jobs in many fields from basic plumbing to grooling trench work and grounds keeping of the facility. All in all I give it two thumbs up.
Students are the reason why one stays at Job Corps
Disability Coordinator, Instructor (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTMay 5, 2014
Typical day: working with students with disabilities; teaching; teamwork planning with staff for the students to be successful.
Management was very difficult to work with they are interested in one thing and that is the "numbers" instead of the quality of education in all aspects of living and working as a productive person in the community. That was the hardest part of the job. Also management didn't want to hear about all the accommodations that a student might need to be successful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students. They came from all over the world and states. Learning to love the students in spite of their harsh backgrounds.
It was a Fun and Informative Experience
Computer Repair Trainee (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTApril 28, 2014
Pros: three free meals a day, free lodging, got paid to learn
Cons: the amount of drugs on campus was disgusting.
Typically just sit down and study for the CompTIA A+ Cert. That was my day to day life for a year. Those in charge interfered very little, but they insured work was done. My co-workers were always changing, with people entering and leaving trade every few months. The hardest part was finding a good website to study from that wasn't blocked. The most enjoy able part was the fact I could study from the dorms as well.
Productive and fun place to work,
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), ClearfieldApril 15, 2014
What I enjoyed the most at Clearfield Job Corps is sharing my experiences with my co-workers and students. I am from Africa, to be precise, Liberia. Liberia is situated on the west coast of Africa. Liberia went through 14 years of civil war. I do shared with them the challenges and trials I went through during that civil war. I do encourages them to appreciate what they have here, peace of mind, comforts, rules of law, freedom of speech and many more. The hardest part of my job is when I see a student trying to leave this program. That really hurt my feelings. I say to myself, if they knew what they have in their hands, they won't leave this program. I try my best to meet that student to explain to the what they are leaving behind. At the end of talks many of them change their mind to stay in the program to graduate by getting their GED, High School Diploma and trades.
a great place to learn a trade and other life skills
Bricklaying /Tile Setting Trainee (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTApril 2, 2014
Pros: free housing, healthcare, and food
Cons: limited freedom
day starts at abut 8:00 then my team and I work on our assignments or work base sites the hardest part of the job to me was making sure that every thing was straight plum and level but the work is worth it. It feels great to look back on my work
Fun education and work
Plumbing Trainee (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTJanuary 27, 2014
Clearfield Job Corps is a good place to go to work and study in the same time
Great school
Welder Helper (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, school and bourd
Cons: closed off
Very good working envirmont great co-workers. Lots of help
Hard Worker
Welder (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: mexican
Cons: benefits
it was a fun time learning how to weld an making a change in my life to do something I love.i do put my head an my hands to work.i could get the job finish.i am just a 8 month experience welder.hope to get a job from somewhere out there.please workers help me out.thank you for your time.