CLEARFIELD JOB CORPS Employee Reviews

awful
Student Leadership- Dorm Vice President (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 10, 2017
I spent 3 years in their program. It has been a terrible experience, the only benefit was the free education. I will never return to this place again, and I do not recommend it to anyone who has any form of self respect.
good place to gain experience in a trade
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 8, 2017
Typical day at work would be following safety procedures making sure all cables and wires are organized and would not be a hazard as well as turning stations off before leaving the building. etc
Pros
free lunches, housing
Cons
very strict rules
Productive workplace. After hours fun acquired.
Brick Masonry Trainee (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 24, 2017
Learned a lot from the staff and instructors. A typical work day consisted of working on projects to work towards the etar to complete the trade. The work place culture is very diverse with everyone working together. Most enjoyable part of the job was finishing projects in a short amount of time with satisfaction.
A wonderful oporotunity to advance in your career.
Administrative Assistance Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 11, 2017
Good, consistent working schedule. Staff is devoted and motivated to help the students. Career development is highly valued. Students get experience working in a professional work environment. Hard workers are valued and encouraged, and rewarded with more opportunities for further advancing their Job Corps career. Offers a great opportunity to under-privileged individuals. The hardest thing for many students is homesickness, but the reward of graduating with valuable career experience is well worth it.
Pros
Free Meals, Free Dorm, Compasionate Staff, Students From Countless Cultural Backgrounds, Many Recreational Activities
Cons
Some students are not attending for the right reasons and do not behave professionally.
Good for getting a free education
Job Corps (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 22, 2017
I was able to get my GED and complete a trade while I was enrolled at Clearfield Job Corps. I chose to do Facilities Maintenance and enjoyed what I learned.
Productive workplace with incredible real work experiance
Pre-Apprenticeship HBI Electrical Trade (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 11, 2017
The instructors are very seasoned and havea great amount of knowledge to share about the electrical trade.They show great care about the students, but they do not baby them like a high school would.
Pros
Good bed, free food, learning enviroment
Cons
bad kids to work with
Good training for a trade
Trainee electrical (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time here at Job corps if u trying to find a career in a trade u should come here for your future and change your life for the better and make a new beginning
If you love working with young adults - this is the place for you!
Student Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 2, 2017
Busy, never the same. If you love working with young adults and guiding them through life - this is the place for you! Every department works together to give the young adults the best possible advantage. It can be stressful when dealing with a lot of crisis but the reward is well worth it. When you see a student who has struggled graduate with their high school diploma and trade - that is the reward. There is not a better feeling in the world. We help young adults earn their HSD, Driver's License and complete a trade. Everything the need to become a successful, productive member of society.
Pros
Fun
Benefits
excellent
Plumber Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTFebruary 3, 2017
outstanding training, helpful, great opportunity, fun, safe, it was a great experience start to finish. graduated with honors an a gold card.
learning a trade
Student emploee (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 25, 2017
its a great way toget a career you are working for instead of going job to job it helps you with simple work ethnics and job materials.
Pros
everything is free
Cons
you get tired of being there for a while
Hard working and excellent staff
Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Clearfield,UtahJanuary 9, 2017
They help as much as they can when it comes down to it. they help us understand as much as we can to succeed. They keep us busy and well fed on meals to keep us up and moving
Pros
Excellent security t keep the campus safe.
Cons
More staff, and less hours in buisness meetings
A very good place for anybody looking for a head start on a good path to a good carrer
Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTOctober 17, 2016
I enlisted into job corps looking to better myself and my family. I've been trained not as a student but as a role model to set a life style for myself and my trade mates. I'm honored to bring this skill to the workplace and excited to set myself in society.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Classes only last from 6am till 3pm
Good for those wanting to learn a trade
Plumbing Trainee (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTOctober 6, 2016
The Clearfield Job Corps Center is hands-down a very good place to go if you have nothing to lose and want to learn a trade.
jobcore
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 21, 2016
Good experience, teaches a person to be on there own and self reliant. Provides one with opportunity's and education. You get paid every month just like at a real job, half to be on time to your trade, meet and learn to interact with people, and become an adult.
Pros
pay, trade, experience
Cons
low pay, stress, difficult people
Fun training
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 19, 2016
Very hands on had a great time learning and getting along with people during training. had fun getting along with the staff they have been a big help during the training
Pros
free lunch
Cons
mondays sucks
Interesting Experience
Business Administration (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 6, 2016
Clearfield Job Corps was definitely an interesting experience. I was in the Business Administration program and I learned a lot about computers and basic office procedures. You can self teach yourself without being bothered so much. I don't know much about the other programs, would recommend for anyone who is interested in learning new skills without shelling out millions. Overall very interesting experience.
Very nice place to develop a profession
Plumbing Trainee (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 30, 2016
This place is amazing; very nice and beautiful with somewhat ok students. There are a lot of students there that it could seem overwhelming at first, but after a few weeks you get used to it. The instructors are great and it is a very good place to get a basis of what you want to do in life.
Meeting new friends
Student (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 27, 2016
Being here at Clearfield Job Corps was a great experience, I met a lot of diverse cultures also the staff here is amazing.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
Rules
overall a nice program
Pre-Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 27, 2016
easy if you apply yourself. spent 9 months there and I learned many employability skills. I also completed a trade I carpentry as well as obtaining my GED certificate
A place to learn & apply general safety
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Centerfield, UTJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work for me is decent and fair I like challenges .
I've learned safety in all fields of industry mostly construction and welding.
no co-workers just other class mates.
Hardest part of this job/school is the incompetent people.
I enjoy it all I'm never really bothered by anything.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
health care and pay