CLEARLINK Employee Reviews

Very fun and an amazing work enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2013
I love how nice it is to see a call center be so much fun but serious at the same time. I love how everyone can be themselves and not be judged about it. Everyone also help others when they have questions or want to become better at their job. I have learned how to over come many objections, how to help my customers to the fullest I can, and how the systems work. The management there is great. They are usually on top of everything and fix problems when they need to be fixed. My co-workers are all very unique in personality and looks. They love to try and have fun with everyone and even their customers on the phone. They are all very hard workers as well. I think the hardest part of the job is when a customer calls in trying to get services but the service they want are not available so they have to go with someone else. I hate hearing how disappointed they are when they find out. The most enjoyable part would be when the floors have competitions going on. Everyone gets all pumped up and excited! We all try to do our best and not going to lie we also get competitive but in a good way.
Pros
happy enviroment, paid weekly, healthcare benifits, two 15 min breaks, etc
Cons
short lunches, kind of stressful, etc
Relaxed work environment, but very poor mid-level management.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 11, 2014
The culture at CLEARLINK is really fun with a good work/life balance. However, if you're a woman, it's like working in a frat house. If you're pretty with nice "assets" and willing to stroke egos, you're golden. Sleeping with managers and directors helps your case, too. FACT: Nearly every female at director level or higher is either married to or dating one of the "bros." HEAVY and inappropriate favoritism.

Also, most managers have little experience outside CLEARLINK, which contributes to the "you know nothing and I know everything" mentality. Managers are unable and unwilling to provide useful feedback, positive or negative. Withholding information/feedback from members of the team to maintain control is a common practice.

Bottom line, CLEARLINK has a solid foundation with lots of potential, but all of the good is overshadowed by the people in positions of power. These are young, insecure, narcissistic "bros" who are only concerned with their egos. Stay away.
Pros
work/life balance, cool incentives
Cons
favoritism, poor management, lack of respect/opportunities for women
Fun for those in their early 20's.
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2014
This is my first sales job and Clearlink is... okay for the most part. In the six months that I have worked at Clearlink, it seems that the company is consistently inconsistent. Things that our trainers and coaches tell us that we should do, are things that our quality assurance team tells us that that we cannot do. The money is good if you can sell and the benefits are also really good.
Another frustration I have is the writeup/discipline structure. The rules are: If you do not meet the company set sales metrics for two weeks; then you will get written up. While this is very practical, it is enforced inconsistently. The coaches get issued all of the write-ups and they decide whether or not to issue them. The problem is that they often play favorites and do not issue write-ups to their friends. Also, the two-week measurement does not take hours worked into consideration. This means that if you take one week off, you better do twice as well the next week.
Pros
laid back, pay, benefits.
Cons
bros, management, discipline structure.
productice had ping pong tables and killer benefits
Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2012
Worked on the satelite floor for dish netowrk. I learned alot about sales and different ways to close sales as well as ways to build value and show the customer that they are getting the best deals with us and that we will make sure to get them the product that they are lookling for for the best cost to them. The management at clearlink was fun and outgoing and really cared about your success as an individulal, They not only cared about your success at work but in your personal life as well. The hardest part of the job would be going so many calls with out a deall and watching your conversion drop and really just stressing yourself out job it self wasnt bad at all. The job payed very well as well as you got killer benefits health insureance and dental job overall was fun.
Pros
great hours, lunch room, health insurance
Cons
long drive and work weekends
Very Demanding with Potential
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 27, 2014
ClearlLink is an amazing place to work, as long as it is in the "Corporate" part of the business. Everything (problems) turn into new rules and problems that only really affects the people at the bottom (the sales staff). There is a lot of potential for making money, but lots of reasons to get "written up". Every coach has a folder that gets 2-3 write-ups every week. (that's about 20%) of staff getting writtin up. Huge turnover problems.

you are answering inbound calls and converting the leads into sales. This is most of your day. You are expected to sell a certain percentage of your leads.

Free benefits start after a year.
Pros
can make $800.00+/wk, awesome parties and events
Cons
lots of pressure placed on sales associates, no accoutability to managers or "corporate" employees.
we would have contests for the top sales people on the floor
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2013
We would come in with an attitude of winning and competitiveness and we would be pumped to sale things... I learned that right off the bat your attitude will determine how your day goes. The management was awsome they really cared about there employees inside and outside of work. The co-workers was all just as pumped and helpful and wanted you to succeed to help your team out. The hardest part of my job is not meeting your own goals that you set for yourself.. you are your own worst critic and it showed when i didn't meet my goals..The company itself is so amazing to work for I enjoyed every bit of my job and the environment ect...
Pros
sometimes there was free lunches cash bonuses games ect..
Cons
sometimes my attitude wasn't right that day and it showed in my number of sales i didn't get
unstable employment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake SCity, UTOctober 9, 2015
I would go to work on time everyday. I consistently exceeded expectations. I followed the rules. One day I'm getting kudos for job well done, "your doing great" next day I'm getting fired for being paid commission on a few orders that didn't fulfill. The management runs around acting like a bunch of children. Inappropriate comments are always going around and no one seems to care. They are very demeaning and hard on you if you do not cross sale and get someone to purchase antivirus protection for a ridiculous amount that usually can't be used. This is a scam business. There are no women in management. All sales coaches are under qualified men.
Pros
no rules or code of ethics
Cons
no coaching, no job security
Awesome company culture, lacking in a few areas though
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 12, 2014
Very cool company to work for, fun environment and pretty good management. Typical day is taking inbound sales calls for home services (internet, phone, TV, etc). If you're having a tough time with a specific metric you'll be pulled aside and coached by a manager, though if you continue having issues with it you may be written up or fired. Very stylized offices and overall a fun place to work.
Pros
awesome environment, company ski passes, fitness programs, gym pass, good management
Cons
heavy favoritism, pushed to sell content that client may not need or want
Company really tries to take care of their employees
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 19, 2014
This is a company that puts their money where their mouth is. Meaning, they invest a LOT into employee programs and incentives. They reward hard work and success. But they do expect you to work, so dont take the ping pong and xbox as a sign of slackers, its all work hard, then play hard around here! And work hard has to come first. Its one of the best opportunities I've offered as a recruiter!
Pros
ping pong, trips, prizes, commision, positive work environment
Cons
sales can be a challenging field. some people get it, and do well, others leave.
Fun place to work, never was bored, ping pong, mini markets in building, heath bennifits
Phint Sales Agent, Janurary 27 (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2014
I really did like working here, I just needed to leave for personal reasons, it is a great company but you have too be the right kind of person to work there. atmosphere is great and the commission is off the charts, they really do know how to make their employes happy.
Pros
free lunch, prizes, parties with free drinks, on a lake, music, scooters
Cons
too much party for me
They DONT care
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2014
This company makes themselves look like they are top notch but once you are in, all they want is your work. They don't care about your situation or try to accomodate with your life outside of work. They focus on work life balance but really they have no idea what that means. Ask the bald man in WFM he is just as careless as them if you try to ask for help. Don't even apply at this company,it's not worth it. They only pay you ten bucks
Pros
zero
Cons
schedules, favoring
A not-so-good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTNovember 9, 2013
Like many before me, I left this place for a good reason.

If you need a good job with well-balanced upper management that guides you, then this is not the job for you. If you need a good job where you are treated with kindness and compassion by scheduling and human resources, then this is not the job for you.

If, however, you need a dumb job for two or three months, then leave before some upper management control freak with bleached blond spikey hair starts demanding that you change things that you have absolutely no control over, then this is the job for you.

Take heed, people.
Pros
nice co-workeres
Cons
completely irrational upper management
Great Environment with Vibrant Talent
PR Specialist/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 10, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management and an extremely talented employee base. I most enjoyed working with people that I could learn from and inspired me to be my best. Tons of cultural activities and things to stay engaged with the company. Opportunities available to key players and top performers. Work hard, play hard.
Pros
free lunches, monthly culture activities, killer annual party, opportunities for tons of incentives, amazing people to work with, opportunities for development, 100% healthcare
Cons
lack of processes, constant changes in organizational structure
normal call center job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2014
Although i was very successful at Clearlink; not a lot of people were. the training was basic, management was not very helpful, and if you didn't hit your numbers you were likely to be fired. Personally i exceeded expectations in profitability and growth, i found myself coaching new hires more than their own team lead. Great money if you succeeded, but the overall environment needed work which is what led me to leave.
Pros
free food
Cons
environment
competitive work environment
TEAM LEAD SALES REP. FOR AT&T (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2013
It is a great company with a lots of opportunity to make a high amount of commission. The training was very informative. A typical day at work was getting on the phones and providing excellent customer service and while organizing customers accounts to make sure they were receiving the best quality of work, while also pitching sales.
Co-workers were very diverse an competitive creating a great work ethic environment.
Pros
flexible and a lot of opportunity to win company prizes
Cons
short breaks, very competitive and never guaranteed a well paid commission check.
Well paying job but very stressful
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 14, 2013
Very well-paying job if you can handle the stress that comes along with the gig. Taking call after call gets very monotonous, and sometimes you want to pull your hair out dealing with frustrating customers. If you are debating on whether to apply or not, remember that you are nothing more than a number to them and they will drop you like its nothing if you can't keep up, there is no job security here.
Pros
worked with some cool people
Cons
stressful
FUN. Ping pong table. Good people. Lots of benefits.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 18, 2013
Working for clearlink is one of the most relaxed jobs you can find.
I go to work everyday ready for the day to get started. The employees are the best, always full of energy and positive about everything.
They always have your back and are very supportive.
Every Wednesday we all gather around in a big circle and sing a song for hump day.
The pay is really good.
Fun workplace
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2015
A typical day for me would be go into work, clock in and start answering phone calls. Some calls were extremely easy to sell while others required a lot of work. One of the hardest parts would be learning how to make your sells more efficient and knowing how to advise the customer. Trying to upsell customers was also difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be the people I work with and the incentives.
Fun work environment
Customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2014
I liked answering phones and overcoming objections and making sales all in one phone call. The staff as far as floor walkers and sups made it a fun experience for me personally because we all had our own personality and they were ok with letting us know that it was ok to be yourself, just be on point with the policy's and procedures and still be professional
The Ideal Work/Life Balance
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2015
Loved my time at CLEARLINK. You voice and opinions are heard and the executives feel approachable. You can make your ideal work position and environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Free Healthcare, Perks like Ski Passes, High Energy Office
Cons
Things change quickly here for better or for worse, People are often hired without any role guidelines or instruction and can step on people's toes.