CLEARWATER PAPER CORPORATION

CLEARWATER PAPER CORPORATION Employer Reviews

A great learning environment with great teachers.
Summer Hire (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good pay, good supervisors, good co-workers
Cons: summer hires are not allowed to do everything a journeymen millwright does.
I learned a lot about what being a Millwright was going to be like. It was a very fun and challenging job. I loved everyone of my supervisors and co-workers.
High volume, physical work
Distribution Production Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: extreme work conditons.
12+ hours shifts, rotating days/nights. Mandatory overtime always.
Miss the people I worked with.
Terrible Company
worker (Former Employee), USAAugust 21, 2014
Do not work for this company, they work you like a dog and there is no structure at all. There is no advancement and they don't take care of their workers. Very unsafe place to work
Forklift operator
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityDecember 26, 2013
Pros: good money, easy work.
Cons: no breaks, hateful and lazy management.
The pay is good but the effort that goes into getting a raise is almost not worth it. I learned that the harder you work, the more they want you to do for the same pay and because of this we've all come to realize that its easier to halfass and cut corners because we can get away with it and dont get asked to do nearly as much work. What im getting at is, the good responsible workers get forced to do more because they are reliable and the screwups aren't asked to take on any responsibility and do the minimum work needed.
The schedule works like this, you work 2 days from 7am to 7pm, you get off that night and the next day and return the following night and work 2 nights from 7pm to 7am and you're off for 4days days. Two drivers have been put of medical leave with heart problems and their doctors have both said its because if the crazy hours.
Would I recommend my best friend or a family member to come work here? Probably not until they get new management that cares about their employees.
Good workplace
1S Papermachine Backtender/ Boiler Operator (Current Employee), Shelby, NCNovember 7, 2013
Pros: competitive salary and great 401k
I moved to this job in North Carolina after the mill i worked for in Washington closed down. I came to this mill to have a great experience starting up a state of the art paper machine. I learned to run a Victory O-Type boiler and a Dissolved Air Flotation device for cleaning sludge from the water we use in the mill before being re-used in the operation of the mill. The most enjoyable part of my job is trouble shooting and caring for the paper machine from one end of the mill to the other.
Great work environment
Accountant II (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 5, 2012
Work with accounting team of 4-6 individuals, reporting to a single Mill Controller. Perform general ledger account reconciliations, analyze and research outstanding items and issues. Calculate inventory valuations for finished goods inventory. Act as business partner to mill personnel. Provide mill management with operating statements and financial reports for use in managing the business. Provide cost, revenue, and inventory information in a timely manner to Corporate Accounting. Participate in monthly financial review call with leadership team.

September 16, 2012

I'm curious as to the individual that completed this posting because it is clearly not an Accountant II based in Alpharetta, GA. First, there is not a team of 4-6 individuals reporting to a Mill Controller. Second, an Accountant II position never completed Finished Good Inventory valuations. Third, the accounting team does not provide revenue information to corporate accounting. Simply put, this post is a falsified post by someone at Clearwater Paper in an attempt to try to portray a positive work environment.

Dangerous Work Environment
Utilty (Current Employee), Arkansas City, ARJune 13, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: no breaks allowed
I enjoy my Co-workers and Compensation but not how I want to earn a living.
Productive and hard working
Occupation- Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Elwood, ILMay 17, 2012
Pros: 4 days off
Cons: 12 hour rotating shifts
I operated packaging machines performing preventive maintenance and doing quality checks and performing safety checks. I learned how to operate 4 machines at one time. The management was hard to work with. I had great coworkers very helpful. The most enjoyable part was that the job was a challange.