Clearwire Employee Reviews

Productive and independent work environment.
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2016
A typical work day would include working trouble tickets to troubleshoot any issues within the network. You do not normally know where you will be working on a particular day until your shift starts and you are dispatched tickets. The job requires you to be self motivated to get from site to site and completing desired work. You will not typically see you're boss or co-workers most days, but they will know if work is being done or not. The hardest part of the job is being on-call once a month as you work evenings/nights as well as call outs at any time during the week. The most enjoyable part of the job is the troubleshooting aspect of it. Working with the equipment to figure out what is wrong and fixing it in a timely manner.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Company is dependent on contracts to have work
A beast within itself
Lead Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I believe that Clearwire would have been a great company to work for if I would have been sales. Being a technical person and the only individual working in a sales market had some major challenges and not one was attributed to being a Lead Filed Technician.

Working out of a sales office, I was held to the same standards as the sales staff and when they did not perform, it impacted my salary and bonuses,
Pros
Cons
Culture and Benefits
National Retail Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 19, 2016
horrible pay for employees, commission was horrible . good thing this company was bought out by sprint because it wasn't the best place to work and training was horrible
Cellular usa
Assistant Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 4, 2016
Cellular USA metro pcs is a wonderful company there locations are mainly based in the malls.

in this company I was a store manager and I learnt a lot on running my team.

the work life was great, I had the best sales team, we always best above and beyond.

hardest part of the job was hiring sales driven people in the mall locations.

Most enjoyable part of my job was the competitions the company would hold for example gross profit contest.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
lack of pay
Cutting edge technology meets winning culture !
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2013
Not your cookie cutter 8 to 5 job. Talented and hard working people all across the board. Management urges you to think outside the box and rewards you for your efforts.

A place where you can make an impact in the business model on a daily basis, you voice can be heard. I personally started as an account executive and through multiple promotions learned a lot about channel sales, marketing, contract negotiations, human resource and more.
Pros
benefits and pay, culture, upward mobility
Cons
work hard play hard time schedule
Excellent job
Tech lll (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxJanuary 7, 2015
This job was rough at the start. Launching the nations first 4G network was not an easy task. Once launched, the schedules settled down and we were allowed to have a life.

The management here was horrible. In a meeting, from our PM, and I quote, "everyone in this room will be fired before I will" is not something one says to motivate a team. It left a nasty taste in everyone's mouth to say the least.

Getting a raise wasn't a fun task either. It was something learned though.

Once Clear, got bought by Ericsson, this is when it went down hill. The layoffs started almost immediately and the highest paid techs went first.

I did learn an amazing amount from several key people here. Aaron Parish and Eric Corwin, both supervisors at Clear taught me a tremendous amount about the wireless industry on the technical side.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Layed off from Ericsson
Great work environment
Level 3 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 4, 2015
Clearwire was a great place to work. They really cared about your career advancement and your day to day happiness in your job. I learned a lot in a very short period of time due to the fast pace of this workplace being the first company to build a nationwide WiMAX network. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the culture, I have never worked for a company as enjoyable as Clearwire.
Smart, intelligent build plan coupled with indecision
Construction Manager (Network) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
The culture at Clearwire was born from Nextel, one of the best places to work overall. No micro management here, employees were hired for their experience and it showed (at least in Phoenix anyway). CM's drove the site design and tempo of the development, permits flew in from all jurisdictions but in the end a serious falter on behalf of proper planning, no network was ever built.
It was a great company with great technology
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  BestBuy/Frys stores in S. Arlington/W. Ft WorthOctober 4, 2013
Working for clearwire was a great experience for me. I was able to know much about networking and how a small device like an hotspot will supply internet needs to an entire house without a drop in network. But the local managers, with threats and non-recognitions to the field staff, contributed to low moral and high employee turn over.
But I was determined to make sales and satisfy my customers. I truely enjoyed every moment while managing couple of stores for Clearwire
Pros
Initially when I started, there were great compensations and awards
Cons
Everything came to a stop once management was changed
Good Company
Senior IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 20, 2016
A great company while it lasted. Clearwire was bought out by Sprint. I had the opportunity to work for the companies data warehouse which gave me the opportunity to work with several business groups and see several different technologies due to the smaller size of the company and this, along with the friendly work atmosphere is what I enjoyed.
Pros
small company
Cons
bought out by Sprint
Nc
TERRITORY / GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2013
Like our CLEAR 4G WiMAX network, things move fast at Clearwire. Our WiMAX network represents one of the fastest expansions in history and today we're working on the future of LTE. We are looking for innovative, ambitious, customer focused people to join the team.

At Clearwire, you'll make a difference, have a voice and experience opportunities like nowhere else. It's a chance to grow your career, enjoy rewarding benefits and be part of the next generation mobile internet experience as we work on deploying the first wide-channel TDD-LTE 4G network in the U.S.
Clearwire
Store Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
Developed and directed retail sales teams for multiple Clearwire locations. Supervised administrative functions, inventory, cash flow, merchandising and operations.
Clearwire
Domain Administrator/Sr. Lead (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 23, 2013
A typical day within Clearwire would entail users tickets waiting to get serviced along with scheduling calls within the VTC system via Cisco Telepresence and running the scheduled server and laptop backups.

Management within in the organization was driven from the west coast and I was based on the east coast which meant there was a lot of self managing of my time and responsibilities. While I proved capable of handling this task it worked against my ability to move up within the organization since the bulk of the personnel was at the corporate HQ.

My co-workers were some of the best individuals I've ever worked with, they were always willing to help get the job done no matter the hours involved or task assigned.

One of the most difficult parts of my job was the lack of interaction between me and sr.management.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the teams that I supported within my location.
Pros
Overtime, great pay, healthcare, monthly events for the employees
Cons
Lack of advancement, poor management style, no cross training
great company but....
Direct Sales Technical Representative / Dealer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
It started pretty good but they run out of money, so the job became very very unstable, so they layoff all the direct sales force nationwide.
The management was GREAT!

The leader had conflicts with the partners which had the $$.... Then, Clearwire crashed
Great team environment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2013
Clear was not stable with there management team, They had managers that was not capable of managing a team. Did not have good time management skills. Had other employee doing there job for them. No evaluations, no raises. Did not care about the team.
Pros
Spirit day
Cons
Poor Management
work at clearwire
Assisted Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2014
Working there was vibrant and new. I started in the credit and activations area, and we all spent a lot of time putting more hours than we ever should of making sure that particular location would survive, considering it was from Washington and very new to this territory. our raises were all in stock, we worked hard and were very proud. until a couple years later we had a bomb scare and were all handed boxes to collect our stuff and given one month severance checks and told hit the bricks. it really was a sad time
The Amazing Winthrop Hall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaJune 14, 2012
Winthrop Hall was an amazing place to work. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, the benefits were amazing and advancement was never a issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the residents smile on holidays when staff actually brought in there family to meet them. The hardest part of the job was letting go when the facility shutdown, which was sad to see all the residents be placed in nursing homes.
Pros
free lunch, family day, paid time off
Great work environment
Universal Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLSeptember 27, 2013
Great work environment, management was great, learned alot about networking and WiMAX service.

Management was great up until we were lied to about employment. Rumors began that the site would be closing, we were informed by ALL MANAGEMENT that the site was not closing and we would remain employed. One week later layoffs began.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hours
Cons
Site closed without adequate notice
Great Work Atmosphere!
Service Desk IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 11, 2013
High Pressure Sales /Hourly plus Commission
National Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2012
Working for Clearwire for the past year, i have only recieved one raise. The company is structured thin, so there is no room for advancement only to transfer to different regions. Compensation is bare minimum. the stress does not equate to the pay. Good Starter sales job, if u are new to the industry, for it will surely toughen u up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearwire. Our community is ready to answer.