Clearwire Employee Reviews

no job stability
Field Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: less financial insecurity with perm position
Cons: Financial instability as Temp, not happy without benifits and company truck
they should have hired the proven temps that come from recruiters...could have easily merged to perm Ericsson field techs.
Very productive environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Richmond VirginiaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Every week Pay, Commission
Cons: Slow business on occasion
The workplace was very different because there was only one meeting a week and we were basically on our own as far as how we chose to conduct business. If we chose to open markets in specific areas that – more... was our way of spreading the company. We also installed and provided maintenance on products that we sold for your internet service. A typical day may consist of talking to people who want a quote on our internet service compared to their current provider. – less
Demanding and Sales Oriented
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Commission sales
Cons: Distance
Clearwire had the most demanding sales quota out of all the retail jobs I've had. We were required to register 3 new accounts a day per employee as well as an overall store goal. We were required to send an email out to the entire Clearwire sales team after every sale. We were also required to participate in monthly conference calls & meetings.
A great place to work
Sr. Product Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
A great place to work in this world class company. The company is the leader in wireless telecommunication and one can get work with the major wireless technologies.
Smart, intelligent build plan coupled with indecision
Construction Manager (Network) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
The culture at Clearwire was born from Nextel, one of the best places to work overall. No micro management here, employees were hired for their experience and it showed (at least in Phoenix anyway). CM's drove the site design and tempo of the development, permits flew in from all jurisdictions but in the end a serious falter on behalf of proper planning, no network was ever built.
Really enjoyed time spent here
Account Executive (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great wroking environment
Cons: Once we reached market share they laid off teh outside sales team.
Technology company was good to me. I was the leading activator of Clearwire in the Boise market in 2006. This was accomplished door to door at both small and large business locations as well as in client prospects homes.
Fast paced and fun.
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: no cons
Great place for expansion.Teaches stability,determination,and how to be flexible.Very nice atmosphere.And overall a great place to start for gaining experience.
Great people, positive atmosphere but bad policies
Clearwire Technical Support (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great people, positive atmosphere
Cons: Bad policies
This company worked with you and we were allowed to help each other out. Great people and I got along with management. They had some bad policies though... For instance, if the customers internet speed was being throttled, we were not allowed to tell customers and instead had to take them through a series of time consuming computer troubleshooting steps.
we had no perks
Safety Coordinator /Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: Recieved a unlimited cell phone
Cons: No Healthcare coverage
I had the pleasure of meeting many different people from all around the world, many diverse cultures and their customs.
Fun place, great coworkers.
Tech Support Rep (Former Employee), Milton, FLMay 23, 2015
Fun place, awesome environment, great coworkers, tons of over time and ways to get extra money from selling items that customers need.
Good
Field Technician (Former Employee), Austin TexasApril 13, 2015
It was a good company to work for, it was 50 plus hours a week, we did MW for our back haul and provided internet service for all of Austin.
will explain.
National Retail Account Executive (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: will explain.
Cons: will explain.
I was a vendor at local Best Buy Stores, engage with the customers as well as the employees and meet sales goal.
Good to work for, at cutting edge of technology
Nationwide WIMAX operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: stock option scheme
Cons: long hours
Worked a Micorwave backhaul engineer, cutting edge and challenging environment, good with bonuses, average benefits
Great Company
Manager of Facilities and Construction (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2015
Great start up with dynamic environment. Unfortunately the company was purchased by Sprint. The culture eroded and the environment was no longer challenging.
this was one of the best job so far
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free demo devices, extra money of sales
Cons: company didn't last
this job was one a kind. i moved up in the company real quick. i made some real good money in the process. the bad part was that the company closed down the store where i was working at.
Fantastic Product and Flexible Work Schedule
SENIOR FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: being able to market at your own discretion
Cons: national layoff
A typical day at this place of business was pretty routine, but the staff were always positive, optimistic, and ready to help each other. It would be a great entry level position for any college grad looking for an inside sales job.Although the product has plenty of competition, there's a tremendous opportunity for financial gain as well as a lesson in humility.
Excellent job
Tech lll (Former Employee), Dallas TxJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: stable job
Cons: layed off from ericsson
This job was rough at the start. Launching the nations first 4G network was not an easy task. Once launched, the schedules settled down and we were allowed to have a life.

The management here was horrible. – more... In a meeting, from our PM, and I quote, "everyone in this room will be fired before I will" is not something one says to motivate a team. It left a nasty taste in everyone's mouth to say the least.

Getting a raise wasn't a fun task either. It was something learned though.

Once Clear, got bought by Ericsson, this is when it went down hill. The layoffs started almost immediately and the highest paid techs went first.

I did learn an amazing amount from several key people here. Aaron Parish and Eric Corwin, both supervisors at Clear taught me a tremendous amount about the wireless industry on the technical side. – less
Great work environment Good service.
Management (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: awesome culture, good enviroment, and good service
Cons: merger
Introducing this new wireless internet technology to individuals that had no prior experience in wireless internet was the best part of the job.
work at clearwire
Assisted Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2014
Working there was vibrant and new. I started in the credit and activations area, and we all spent a lot of time putting more hours than we ever should of making sure that particular location would survive, – more... considering it was from Washington and very new to this territory. our raises were all in stock, we worked hard and were very proud. until a couple years later we had a bomb scare and were all handed boxes to collect our stuff and given one month severance checks and told hit the bricks. it really was a sad time – less
Account Excutive
Senior Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 2, 2014
A typical work day was to prospect and close businesses. I learned to always be very activated in prospecting, and my management believe in assisting me. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was I spent to much with the client trying to qualify them for the service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income and the time.