Clearwire

Clearwire United States Employee Reviews

Good
Field Technician (Former Employee), Austin TexasApril 13, 2015
It was a good company to work for, it was 50 plus hours a week, we did MW for our back haul and provided internet service for all of Austin.
will explain.
National Retail Account Executive (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: will explain.
Cons: will explain.
I was a vendor at local Best Buy Stores, engage with the customers as well as the employees and meet sales goal.
Good to work for, at cutting edge of technology
Nationwide WIMAX operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: stock option scheme
Cons: long hours
Worked a Micorwave backhaul engineer, cutting edge and challenging environment, good with bonuses, average benefits
Great Company
Manager of Facilities and Construction (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 3, 2015
Great start up with dynamic environment. Unfortunately the company was purchased by Sprint. The culture eroded and the environment was no longer challenging.
this was one of the best job so far
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free demo devices, extra money of sales
Cons: company didn't last
this job was one a kind. i moved up in the company real quick. i made some real good money in the process. the bad part was that the company closed down the store where i was working at.
Fantastic Product and Flexible Work Schedule
SENIOR FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: being able to market at your own discretion
Cons: national layoff
A typical day at this place of business was pretty routine, but the staff were always positive, optimistic, and ready to help each other. It would be a great entry level position for any college grad looking for an inside sales job.Although the product has plenty of competition, there's a tremendous opportunity for financial gain as well as a lesson in humility.
Excellent job
Tech lll (Former Employee), Dallas TxJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: stable job
Cons: layed off from ericsson
This job was rough at the start. Launching the nations first 4G network was not an easy task. Once launched, the schedules settled down and we were allowed to have a life.

The management here was horrible. In a meeting, from our PM, and I quote, "everyone in this room will be fired before I will" is not something one says to motivate a team. It left a nasty taste in everyone's mouth to say the least.

Getting a raise wasn't a fun task either. It was something learned though.

Once Clear, got bought by Ericsson, this is when it went down hill. The layoffs started almost immediately and the highest paid techs went first.

I did learn an amazing amount from several key people here. Aaron Parish and Eric Corwin, both supervisors at Clear taught me a tremendous amount about the wireless industry on the technical side.
Great work environment Good service.
Management (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: awesome culture, good enviroment, and good service
Cons: merger
Introducing this new wireless internet technology to individuals that had no prior experience in wireless internet was the best part of the job.
work at clearwire
Assisted Sales (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2014
Working there was vibrant and new. I started in the credit and activations area, and we all spent a lot of time putting more hours than we ever should of making sure that particular location would survive, considering it was from Washington and very new to this territory. our raises were all in stock, we worked hard and were very proud. until a couple years later we had a bomb scare and were all handed boxes to collect our stuff and given one month severance checks and told hit the bricks. it really was a sad time
Account Excutive
Senior Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 2, 2014
A typical work day was to prospect and close businesses. I learned to always be very activated in prospecting, and my management believe in assisting me. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was I spent to much with the client trying to qualify them for the service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the income and the time.
Fun fast paced sales in a high traffic environment
Kiosk Sales Representative (Former Employee), pineville, NCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: exposure to a lot of great people, free to make people laugh and smile
Cons: clear wire is hard to sell due to being a new product
• Interfaced daily with clients for all administrative aspects of the sale including; completing customer contracts and warranties, pulling products from inventory, accepting customer payments and filing the completed orders.
• Understanding customers’ data/entertainment and communication needs and helping them discover how our products meet those needs.
• Using competitive spirit for achieving sales goals.
GREAT STABLE
Customer Service / Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 18, 2014
I WAS ABLE TO ADVANCE ALTHOUGH, THE COMPANY OUTSOURCED TO THE PHILLIPEANS; I LOVED THE WORK STABILITY, COMPENSATION WAS AVAILABLE I WAS ABLE TO AQUIRE A $300-500 BONUS EVERY MONTH
Educational environment
National Retail Account Executive (Former Employee), 96st West Broadway ny ny 10009November 17, 2014
Pros: learning about computers and softwar
Cons: unpaided commissions
At Clearwire my job was to educate customers about the speed ,efficieny and affordability of the internet service provider clearwire.While at Clearwire I learned a great deal of computer terms, software, and sales strategies during my employment at Clearwire.
Fun Work Place
Credit Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2014
Great Experience. Wished we didn't get layed off. Great management and great peers. Loved helping customers with their internet service.
It was fun until they ran out of money
Buyer (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAOctober 1, 2014
It was a good place to work until they ran out of money and sold to Sprint. The entire staff in WA was laid off.
Fun place to work, coworkers are nice people.
Part-time salesman (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: fun covorkers
Cons: short brakes, no overtime.
A workplace located at BestBuy. Our company was wireless internet provider. Started from 10am to 8pm. I had to help costumers choose what they needed, loptop, tablet or desktop,and explain to them what our company does. And If they liked what we do, they sing up for our service.
Coworkers were very nice people, but mostly I was the only representative in the store.
I do not even realize if there is a hardest part in these job.
The most enjoyable part is that you meed with different people, make connection with them.
2 out of 5
Sales Representative (Former Employee), pineville, ncSeptember 11, 2014
Long Hours, little management or training, worked at a bad location, service did not work in the area of half the customers
Aggressive
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: internet for free
This is the job where I had to be very aggressive. This is the job where I learned my full potential. The management was good and so was the co workers.
Good agency but unstable job security
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: thirsty thursdays, swag bags, and job environment.
Cons: contracted ended.
Typical day at work consisted of daily meeting, running manual and automated test, logging bug reports, and helping write automation.

Learned how to test and write detailed bug reports and how to write XML. I also learned how to use programs such as JIRA, Selenium, and Chrome extension Secure Shell.

Very good management and great co-workers.

Hardest part of the job for me was communicated on a professional level and learning some of the technologies fast enough. Since then I have worked on my communication/writing skills and built more confidence in myself.

Most enjoyable part was the working environment.
wild wild west
Store Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: stress level off the charts.
not much to say, this was a company that only wanted sales and don't care how you got them. lie to everyone was there weekly meetings.

1 2 3 4 5

About Clearwire

This ISP brings wireless clarity to mobile Web users. Clearwire provides high-speed Internet access and computer telephony services – Read more

Clearwire Salaries