Clearwire Employee Reviews

Company does not exist anymore
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 14, 2017
Work days were not bad while the company existed. Management was not great due to the fact the manager was a contractor, not experienced at all. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with.
Fun people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2017
Productive. fun environment
vending machines and tea or coffee
free telephone usage
smoking section
daily spiffs
bi weekly pay
fun holiday parties
cozy
Accounts Payable/Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 14, 2017
Clearwire was a great company to work for. It was sad that Sprint bought them out and 95% of the company was riffed. We all stayed until the last day.
Pros
Free internet, free Cell phones.
Cons
Absolutely NONE
terrible company
National retail account executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
the company is no longer around. if it was I would not recommend anybody to work there, the job was stressful, the hours were bad and the pay was terrible
No Comment at this time
Sr. Staff Software Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 7, 2017
I really have no comment about this former company at this time. It no longer exists, so there is really not much to add in this section to help anyone looking at employment.
Competitive sales environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 28, 2017
Challenging sales quotas in a quick pace retail environment. Managers did not micro-managed. Employees were given freedom and flexibility to sell product without direct supervision inside retail stores, working as vendor representatives of Clearwire.
Pros
independent work enviroment
Cons
standing for long hours a day
results driven
Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 28, 2017
The sales group was very supportive. Our direct sales manager recognized each person for their strengths and supported each as far as he was allowed. Expectations were high considering the established competition we were facing. This was a new service in the technology field and receptivity was luke warm from the public.
Fun work place great environment
Tech Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJune 26, 2017
A company that genuinely cared about employee work life balance. At times of high stress due to call volume or outages they would provide lunch and extended breaks to work through it. Break lounges were also available due to the center being away from most business.
Pros
Excitement, great benefits work lifr balance
Cons
merger buy out, layed everyone off.
No longer in business.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2017
This place is no longer in business. Many times I would see people sleeping at their desk or watching movies and playing games on the computer. This place was waiting to be bought out.
Best job i have EVER had!
Business Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2017
It was a great company. Unfortunately this company shut down in 2011 and outsourced all the jobs to Phillipines. It was one of the best jobs of my life.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
very less pay
Lots of work- ks/mo manager was awful
Hybrid-Indirect & National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2017
This job is dependent on your manager. My first manager was AWESOME! Gave us a lot of space to do our own work.

My second manager (when he got promoted) was terrible! my work hours went from 50 hours per week to well over 100+ hours per week. Micro-management like I have never seen.

Company got bought out by Sprint.. so no longer alive.
Pros
Run your own maket, Lots of room for advancement, GREAT pay!
Cons
No Work/Life balance, company bought out by Sprint and no longer alive.
sad happenings
Credit And Activations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2017
clear or clearwire was a budding company, and anyone with a telecom background in vegas ended up there. they oversold the markets, even to areas where the product had not tower strength range. made us lie to the customers, and when it came to tech problems, there was nothing we could do again but lie
Great place
Transaction Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 11, 2017
Great place to work. Great people. Hours were fair and good work life balance. Job was challenging and rewarding. Upper management really cared. Flexible work schedules.
Great Product
Indirect Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 6, 2017
Great Product, Clearwire was the first service provider to launch 4G wireless. Company had financial problems and could not stay in business. Selling a new technology was very exciting.
Great technology
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMay 3, 2017
Clearwire went through a rapid growth phase and the company really accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time. As such there are still some challenges there to be resolved
Clearwire
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NCApril 17, 2017
Good product for the VPN applications. Developing B2B sales teams with supportive tools. The team was great and the product was good as well. This company was very aggressive with wireless phone services.
Pros
Great Product
Cons
Lack of area coverage
Fun working environment
Top Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 17, 2017
Clearwire was a great company. They longer exist, howver they had an amazing product which was a wireless portable 4G internet. The workplace was great we operated out of Best Buy.
Pros
Free luch
Cons
A lot of traveling
Fun while it lasted
SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
Clearwire was truly a troubled company that Sprint deserved to absorb. They constantly did not trust the employees or managers to perform. I had half a mind to sue them at several points in my stay with them. Upper management were liars and highly unethical.
Pros
Products were pretty cool...
Cons
Pay was so low...
The little wireless company that could
RF Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 8, 2017
Clearwire was ahead of its time, but made the wrong bet on WiMAX. In the end, it worked out since the value in the company is it's spectrum holdings and site locations.
Too much fun at work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2017
A good learning experience for me along the lines of internet technology. Amenable and supportive managers. Decent salary and benefits. Bonuses adequate as well. Too bad they did not last here.
Pros
Great learning environment for internet technology.
Cons
Noise level proved to be disruptive for those of us who were more interested in doing their job.