Clearwire Employee Reviews

great company but....
Direct Sales Technical Representative / Dealer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
It started pretty good but they run out of money, so the job became very very unstable, so they layoff all the direct sales force nationwide.
The management was GREAT!

The leader had conflicts with the partners which had the $$.... Then, Clearwire crashed
Fun and productive
retention/escalations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2016
I was in the retention/escalations department. Saving clients who wanted to cancel their subscription. I kept a 85% retention rate and love the environment and training.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
no room for advancment
Sales management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2016
achieve daily goals, train employees, learn different products, the most enjoyable part of the job hard work customer service and daily sales
Pros
health care full time great managment team
Cons
company went out of business
Great place if it weren't bought out
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for the internet service provider for a short time. They were bought out by Sprint for their bandwidth shortly after I joined the team & everyone was laid off.
Over worked and Underpaid
Certified Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2015
Working two locations in two separate states without a vehicle seemed to be the biggest challenge. Opened the location 2 hours away at 9 AM and closed the location closest to home at midnight. Typically worked alone for most hours.
Cons
Not paid after 40 hours.
Nice place to work, Company went under quickly
Sales Administrator/ Senior Client Escalations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2015
Clearwire was a great place to work, however the service they offered the public didn't match the company itself, which ultimately shut the Dallas offices down.
Great work environment
Level 3 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 4, 2015
Clearwire was a great place to work. They really cared about your career advancement and your day to day happiness in your job. I learned a lot in a very short period of time due to the fast pace of this workplace being the first company to build a nationwide WiMAX network. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the culture, I have never worked for a company as enjoyable as Clearwire.
Built long lasting business relationships
Indirect Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2015
Had the pleasure of working with some fantastic business owners and helped mold a proper business plan to fit their needs. I still keep in contact with them to this day.
Fun people to work with
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working at Clearwire. it was a new company in a new market. After several months the commission rates had been changed and it was unrealistic to hit the sales goals on a monthly basis.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Hard to hit sales goals
A great place to work
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2015
I worked for almost five years at Clear Wire - I have never worked with so many fun and productive co-workers. I would still would be working there if it wasn't for the company outsourcing our jobs overseas
Pros
l loved my position as a corporate representative
Cons
We all lost our job to the Philippines, and had to train the people that were taking over our jobs
Great start and learning place
Wireless Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Orange countySeptember 26, 2015
Everyday we learn something new.
This place is definitely the mecca of technology and advance products.
Suggest this for candidates interested in technology
Pros
People, travel
Cons
Pay
FIELD OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2015
I loved every second of working for this company. Management trusted their technicians and let them do their jobs. Work environment was outstanding and i always enjoyed going into work.
no job stability
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2015
they should have hired the proven temps that come from recruiters...could have easily merged to perm Ericsson field techs.
Pros
less financial insecurity with perm position
Cons
Financial instability as Temp, not happy without benifits and company truck
Very productive environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond VirginiaAugust 25, 2015
The workplace was very different because there was only one meeting a week and we were basically on our own as far as how we chose to conduct business. If we chose to open markets in specific areas that was our way of spreading the company. We also installed and provided maintenance on products that we sold for your internet service. A typical day may consist of talking to people who want a quote on our internet service compared to their current provider.
Pros
Every week Pay, Commission
Cons
Slow business on occasion
Demanding and Sales Oriented
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 28, 2015
Clearwire had the most demanding sales quota out of all the retail jobs I've had. We were required to register 3 new accounts a day per employee as well as an overall store goal. We were required to send an email out to the entire Clearwire sales team after every sale. We were also required to participate in monthly conference calls & meetings.
Pros
Commission sales
Cons
Distance
A great place to work
Sr. Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
A great place to work in this world class company. The company is the leader in wireless telecommunication and one can get work with the major wireless technologies.
Smart, intelligent build plan coupled with indecision
Construction Manager (Network) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
The culture at Clearwire was born from Nextel, one of the best places to work overall. No micro management here, employees were hired for their experience and it showed (at least in Phoenix anyway). CM's drove the site design and tempo of the development, permits flew in from all jurisdictions but in the end a serious falter on behalf of proper planning, no network was ever built.
Really enjoyed time spent here
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 25, 2015
Technology company was good to me. I was the leading activator of Clearwire in the Boise market in 2006. This was accomplished door to door at both small and large business locations as well as in client prospects homes.
Pros
Great wroking environment
Cons
Once we reached market share they laid off teh outside sales team.
Fast paced and fun.
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2015
Great place for expansion.Teaches stability,determination,and how to be flexible.Very nice atmosphere.And overall a great place to start for gaining experience.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
no cons
Great people, positive atmosphere but bad policies
Clearwire Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 12, 2015
This company worked with you and we were allowed to help each other out. Great people and I got along with management. They had some bad policies though... For instance, if the customers internet speed was being throttled, we were not allowed to tell customers and instead had to take them through a series of time consuming computer troubleshooting steps.
Pros
Great people, positive atmosphere
Cons
Bad policies