Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP Employee Reviews in United States

Okay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2015
This is a great company to work for, for the right person. They have a great work environment for staff. It was a great learning experience and work atmosphere.
benefits
Cons
Work atmosphere
Overall, an excellent place to work!
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Amazing place to begin legal career. Days are long, but extremely rewarding. If interested in learning nuances of litigation/corporate law, you will learn VERY quickly. Peers are friendly, but the departments are definitely segregated. If you're in litigation, you really only work with litigation attorneys and paralegals. Extremely fast paced work environment but great benefits and PTO.
Pros
Cafeteria, PTO, Benefits, Professional, Top 10 Firm, Excellent Partners
Cons
Very difficult to advance if you are on the legal services/administrative side
Great law firm
Temporary Floating Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Provided coverage for assistants during their absence. Was a well structured organization.
Pros
worked with a different law on a daily basis.
It was a wonderful company and atmosphere to work in.
Supervisor, Legal Documentation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2014
I supervised approximately 15 word processing operators. Received incoming work requests via mail, fax or phone and delegating accordingly as per deadline priority. I worked with the best team.
Pros
flexibility
Very Productive Work Environment
Word Processing Supevisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Very fast paced working environment, job stability. Being a supervisor there I have worked probably with the most helpful and hard working group of people in any workplace.
Great Workplace
Assistant / Scanning and Imaging Department (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2013
Typical work day consist of working accurately & productively in a timely manner.

I learned alot how to work accurately in a professional manner , use my time wisely, How to take on Multiple Assignments & Multi tasks

Co Workers worked As Team Oriented
Pros
great atmosphere to work in, great benefits
Cons
not enough salary, 35 hrs a week
Typical corporate law firm environment
BLUE SKY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New York, New YorkJanuary 29, 2013
For a large law firm, pretty good environment although there can be some difficult personalities at times.
Company has great benefits
Continuing Legal Education Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2012
Great company to work for. Heavy volume of work flow though out the entire day. Learning updated versions on programs. Co-workers mostly friendly. Hardest part was finding information to complete new assignments without the training. Most enjoyable part was the thank you's for your job well done.
Pros
perks; workshops, raffles, paid holiday's parties
Cons
upper management unaware of your work load or job summary
My ex-work place was always a very productive place to be on a daily basis
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2012
A typical day at work even if challenging, was always something new to experience and learn from for me.

I have learned to work on various projects with exposure to many different programs while gaining new knowledge at the firm I had once worked for almost 10 years.

My management was always willing to excel employees to higher levels at the firm from knowledge passed on.

It was always like family working with all my co-workers. A very friendly and comfortable environment to work at the firm.

I had never encountered any part of my job that was too hard to handle.

The most enjoyable part of working for my ex-employer was the location of the office and the lavish celebrity styles functions held at the firm.
Pros
there was always free dinner and cab to take you home once you work until 8:00 pm.
Cons
many co-workers were entitle to a 15 mins break both morning and afternoon time.
Good working hours.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2012
Okay place to work and it as a good back up day system for the workers.
Pros
nice cafe
Cons
okay
Outstanding New York law firm
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2012
Great training and interesting work. One of the best law firms in New York for the practice of corporate law.
Fast-paced International Corporate Law Firm
Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2012
Generally a pleasant work environment with great benefits; however, the culture and hierarchy periodically leads to dissatisfaction among those in support roles. The work is not overly substantive, but frequently demands superior attention to detail and above average time commitments.
Nice company to work for
Legal Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 8, 2012
I worked here for 15 years and would still be there if not for a a restructuring of my department.