Cleaver-Brooks Employee Reviews

Avoid
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2018
This job is a monster of a job. Boilers industry is for someone with no career goals and I do not recommend it. People there without degrees will talk bad and treat employees with degrees totally different. Stay away from this company
Poor management
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Advancement isn't merrit based, only who is liked. Raised are sparce and the scheduling is sporatic and done with little to no reguard of how it will impact the employees.
Pros
They'll work with you on a lot of things
Cons
Poor management, little reguard for employees
Hectic workplace
Final Assembly Technician I (Piping) (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 31, 2017
Production company that boast only the amount of hours that you are allowed to gain each week, but is no place to call a career. Management seems to not know who is who's boss, and it has a kill or be killed minded workforce.
Pros
Lots of overtime.
Cons
Bad management, dangerous environment, low pay.
Productive and overall a great place to work.
Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly company that shows it's employees how much they care about them. This company also shows that they are thinking about the employee's family as well which is a plus in my book.
Industry Leading Boiler Manufacturer
Lead Dimension Diagram Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 18, 2017
I started in this industry without any boiler knowledge, and after 6 years I have become one of the "Go To" people for answers. I oversee two other draftsmen that works on customer orders, assist Engineering Dept. with issues/potential problems.The hardest part to my job is usually getting information/support needed to complete my job. The most enjoyable parts to my job is minimizing errors and issues for our support drawings.
Pros
technology available to complete work, great structure and policies
Cons
little room for growth
Great people to work with
Corp. Service, Warranty, & Product Liability Mgr (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 15, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at CB. I like to be in the trenches, and so a fast paced, type environment fit me well in my role there. Compensation was very fair, and would recommend this employer to others.
Great Culture with Great People
Corporate HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 24, 2017
Cleaver Brooks is a great company made up of great people. As a leader in their market, you always felt proud to be a member of the team. The only negative is my department was very lean and could have used more staff.
Pros
Culture, People, Company Success
Old Company Becoming New
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMay 8, 2017
Jobs vary differently depending on the location you work. The work life balance is significantly different based on what part of the operation you are in.
Great job environment
Welder/Grinder/tool room supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2017
The people you work with are awesome . They try to help the best way they can . The benefits are good as week such as vacation, medical, dental and overtime.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours at night
material handler
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Good and stable job to work at and work your way up. The whole environment is good, everyone works together as a team and the pay rate is good along with the raises the company gives.
Abysmal
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 22, 2016
Slow to respond, inept, disorganized, mismanaged -- NOT a place that ANYONE should be foolish or desperate enough apply to. HR Department, in particular, is very ineffective.
the benifits and pay
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 31, 2016
I have had a chance to build my experiances with cleaver-brooks, from the warehouse to my current duties, they have paved a way for me to go work on my own with minimum supervision, I like the people that make up our team here and work and share the responsibiltys, the hardest part of my job is lifting heavy materials but have tools to do so, and the most enjoyable is that I have acheaived a lot of goals here
Was once a great place to work - Poor Culture and Leadership
Unknown (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 2, 2016
Corporate Changes have led to extreme disappointments, and massive negative culture change. Not a place I would want to work.
Cons
Poor leadership
Great guys to work with as far as direct co-workers
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 25, 2016
I think it is preposterous that I have to write a review of my old company. We left on good terms and I'm not saying one way or the other what I feel about the subject. Aside from the fact I didn't like the hours, but the pay was pretty good for where we are and the cost of living involved with the area.
Enjoyed working with the floor employee's. Wish I would have had more support from the management.
Welding Supervisor / Engineer (Former Employee) –  6940 Cornhusker Hwy, Lincoln, NE 68507September 8, 2015
I enjoyed the supervision of the floor employee's. I would have liked to have more support from the management. I felt that I could not keep the moral of the floor employee's with no information from the management. I would have liked to have more notice that they were elimimation positions, and that I would be one of those. I would have liked to be involved in the meeting that came to that decision, and be able to have my input into deciding where and if things could be moved around to save positions and make the work more efficent.
Pros
Holidays, Enjoyed the people I supervised.
Cons
Not enough communication with management, would have llked to have seen or been acknowledge for job well done.
Love the experience... hate the culture
Senior Financial Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 31, 2015
Its a resume builder nothing else. Privately owned company spits out new management every sale. Management are a bunch of husslers that lie to get a head.
Pros
big company exposure in a small time
Cons
horrible culture manipulative management
Major employer in the historic Georgia city of Thomasville
Sr. Financial Analyst (FP&A) (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 27, 2015
I very much enjoyed being contracted to Cleaver-Brooks for a year and a half. The company has been a major employer to the historic city of Thomasville, Georgia for many decades manufacturing medium to super large sized boilers.
The people of Thomasville as well as the employees of Cleaver-Brooks are down to earth people who enjoy their work and their families. Working with management was very enjoyable as they roll up their sleeves with everyone else.
Pros
company bonus plan, paid vacations and holidays and a golf league
Overall good experience
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 22, 2015
Cleaver Brooks is a good company to work for. Many employees have been there over 35 years. Challenges are similar that a person would face at any other privately owned company being bought and sold every couple years by private equity firms.
Interesting, challenging,
Director of Training and Technical Media (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2015
Cleaver-Brooks is a manufacturer of boilers ranging from the small, 100 HP steam boilers to very large industrial boilers with capacities of over 3 million lbs of steam per hr at over 1000 psig.

If you love big heavy equipment, this is a company that provides the opportunity to learn a lot. That being said, it is a manufacturing company and the reward structure is somewhat constrained.

Projects ideas are welcome, but often under-funded. The general theme being "extend the horizon." Unfortunately, there is always a valid reason for accelerating the completion even in the face of limited resources. This can be very exciting, but it is also very tiring.

The matrix management model makes it challenging to get things accomplished when cross-functional commitments are necessary for achievement.
Pros
Decision making latitude, ability to exercise judgment
Cons
no ability to work remotely, factory management mind set permeates all offices
Great experiance
Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Worked with one of the best people I have ever know. Got great life lessons as well as work ethics. Had the ability to be creative and do some amazing projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleaver-Brooks. Our community is ready to answer.