Cleco Corporation Employee Reviews

Great benefits.
Sr. Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LAJanuary 2, 2018
Work was stressful at times. Worked 40 hours a week and more during plant outages. Managed safety and budgets at four plant locations, Acadia Power Station in Eunice, Coughlin Power Station in St. Landry, St. Mary Energy Center in Burns Point, and Teche Power Station in Baldwin La.
Really liked working with the people there
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LADecember 21, 2017
Typical day at work was pretty normal until payroll week came around, then I was there after hours doing payroll. Sometimes when I worked switchboard, especially when there was an outage, it got pretty hectic but I was able to handle it. All in all Cleco was a great place to work.
Pros
Walking trail, picnic tables and employee lounge
Cons
Non
Ok job
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, VAOctober 23, 2017
The company is to disorganized and narrow minded company and family minded at Ground seems to be a hindrance rather than a bonding and working tool to bring together the employees and their ideas to help make The Company Stonger
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
They provide monetary awards for employee of the month
Ironworker/Welder (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 4, 2017
Worked at your own pace and guidance safe working environment they provided work vehicle and gas.employeeof the month program/loans provided if needed/free life insurance and they provide health insurance from day one.Typicial work starts at 7 and end at 5:30 you are given a job and you attack it with anyone standing on top of you’re treated as a skilled professional.The hardest part of the job is standing around waiting on inspectors.The most enjoyable time of day is lunch they provide an hour for lunch.
Cleco treats their employees as professionals .
Pros
High pay scale
Cons
Waiting on more work
productive
Excavator Operator (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, VAJuly 20, 2017
typical work days usually from 7am to 5 pm I have learned to communicate with the employers that contract us management could be a lot better the operators does all the communication with the employers the hardest part of the job is knowing our supervisor does nothing to earn his pay and lies to everyone the most enjoyable part is the feeling I get when my job is completed and the employer is completely satisfied when they say I'm requesting you back the next time
Pros
Pay
Cons
No future advancements
great
Road Crew (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, VAJuly 14, 2017
great job, great people to work with and for. they gave me a chance to show them what i could do gave me a job and it was great i was training how to run equipment. and i have to say one guy on the job i worked with will be greatly missed...
Pros
loved it all
Clean Place to Work
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Boyce, LAJanuary 20, 2016
The only thing is the pay. i enjoyed the people and the work but their pay was weak. The job was easy to learn and very low stress.
Pros
Cons
not enough pay
Professional. Organized. Great bonuses.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, VAJune 2, 2015
Maintained and payed regular and certified payrolls. Learned about payroll audits and taxes. Maintained all employee records as well as deductions. Maintained and paid credit cards, mobile phone bills, fuel bills and lodging. Everyone worked hard as a team to complete whatever task was at hand. The yearly workers compensation audits were a little stressful at times but everyone helped when needed. Being part of a successful team of professionals who enjoyed their work.
Pros
Bonuses. Vacation Pay. Company matched 401-K contributions.
Cons
none, I really liked my job there.
Productive and fun workplace with family atmosphere.
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LaAugust 14, 2014
I learned how to conduct audits, what things to look for specifically to solve problems, and what the typical day on the job is like for internal auditors. I enjoyed working with every co-worker and I admired how I wasn't treated as their subordinate, even though that was the case. The hardest part of the job was definitely being thrown into the fire on some audits, having no idea what to do first and etc. However, I learned a lot because of it. I am most proud of improving my communication skills and learning how to talk to people and a formal level and with confidence. Before this internship, I was extremely shy, but it has opened my eyes to the world and I am eager to experience more in the field of auditing.
Pros
I gained valuable real world experience for the profession I want to be in, I could not be more thankful for the opportunity.
Cons
I drove each day from Lafayette to Alexandria, as well as back.
Nice place to work
Pilot for the Railroad (Current Employee) –  rosedale, vaSeptember 4, 2013
work for northfork southern rairlroad
hardest part is being away from family

Want to know more about Cleco Corporation?

Ask a question
Good place.
Senior Power Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, LAOctober 26, 2012
I actually worked for a company (welding/millwright) that built this plant from ground up. Later years I hired on as a Maintenance Mechanic. Worked there many years. They had a re-organization which I took to try and get closer to home.
Employees were good to work with. Supervisors were hired within
which, some were good and some just wanted a title...
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
really none.
Railroad knowledge
Operator (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, VASeptember 4, 2012
Hardest part of the job is traveling. Most enjoyable is meeting new people, basically your own boss. Co-workers none. Learned alot about the railroad.
Pros
per diem, lodging, good pay
Cons
never home