Clemson University Employee Reviews

Grad School could do more for Grads
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 11, 2018
Standard Grad student life. Clemson needs to work much harder to develop into a research oriented institution. At the moment, graduate student researchers are used as needed, to fit whatever critera the Uni requires at the moment. Sometimes we're students, sometimes employees, sometime researchers. Overall appreciation of grad students, in general, seems low. Takes the title of R1 institute, does not act like one.
Intern at Clemson
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 11, 2018
Very relax environment. Supervisor are available to help you out in problem. Best learning experience I ever had. The most enjoyable part is collaborative learning.
mainframe computers
Main Frame Operator (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 10, 2018
worked 3rd shift. watching a computer screen that would tell you what computer disc to place on the main fram computer. The job was strangely boring to me.
Meaningful work
Lab Prep Person (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 4, 2018
I worked as a lab assistant in the Microbiology department and I really liked knowing that my work was meaningful. I was part of a team that prepared the labs, media, and equipment for the many students who would be using them.
Perfect for students
Engineering Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 2, 2018
Every Friday afternoon the ambassadors would meet with several high school students from all over and give them a tour of the Civil Engineering department. This allowed the students to have a view of what a typical semester would look like as a student in this major. This was the most rewarding job in that we were able to show off Civil Engineering and develop our interpersonal communication skills.
Cons
Only once a week
Lee Gallery Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 1, 2018
As a student, working at Clemson was beneficial and supplementary to my degree! I worked as a graphic designer for 3.5 years and finished my job as a intern coordinator. I also worked in the gallery curating shows and managing gallery logistics.
college work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 1, 2018
This was in accordance with my college requirements for the master's program. It was very enjoyable and lots of learning experiences in the area of outdoor recreation
intern
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 26, 2017
this was just an internship that I had to do for school, because there were no welding internships for in Pickens county. although, the people were really nice and helpful
Simple but useful
Whitewater Leisure Skills Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 28, 2017
The job is simple if you have the knowledge to assist with teaching it. It's not going to provide many hours for work but it does add value to your work experience
Good place for the right person
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 12, 2017
Clemson is in a small town in the middle of nowhere, however this makes it an excellent place to focus on your studies. The culture in the particular department I was in was focused on ensuring that those who started their graduate work at Clemson be introduced into research as soon as possible. The downside to that aspect is if you are entering Clemson with an existing graduate degree then you will face a polar opposite of this experience.
Great Work Environment, Great Managers
Program Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 6, 2017
A typical day was a steady, smooth flow of meetings, computer and paperwork. I learned more skills in developing individuals and helping them achieve their life and career goals.
Pros
Great Manager, Steady Company, Great Employees
Cons
Time-Limited Grant
A great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 5, 2017
Clemson University offers countless opportunities for students, faculty and community members to participate in decades of tradition, improve quality of life for their surrounding communities and pursue academic challenges.
Great learning environment
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 3, 2017
Great way to start in the Venue Management industry. I learned a lot when I was working there. Extremely face paced and friendly environment. Always encouraged when I wanted to do more and learn more.
Creative environment
Adobe Partnership Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 24, 2017
Daily responsibilities included assisting faculty and students as a subject matter expert for Adobe Suite programs. Projects were both self driven and assigned, with freedom and encouragement to collaborate with other departments at the University. Additional duties included designing media and adverts for events & notices, facilitating workshops, and maintaining the studio's resources in optimal form for public use. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a creative environment that nurtured creativity in others; I learned new things everyday and it wasn't uncommon for the team's abilities to be challenged with unconventional ideas that we faced eagerly.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Sometimes you are the expert
Love it!
Human Anatomy Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 11, 2017
Great environment, love the staff and other workers. Work together as a team all the time and get the job done and go beyond all the expectations that are set.
Great Learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 10, 2017
The learning experience and opportunity were great. I wish I was paid to intern but I was more than happy to have the experience. Managment was a little difficult to get in touch with at times but it was still great.
Worked as a tutor
Student-Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 10, 2017
Working as a tutor was fun. I worked with student-athletes. The work was challenging at times, but it was nice to help students succeed and learn. Working on campus is also convenient.
Great atmosphere and family attitude
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 10, 2017
Working for Clemson has been enjoyable for me. As a resident assistant to a graduate assistant I have found a great deal of consistency in terms of what is expected of me as an employee and how I am treated. The atmosphere and family attitude really allow for a unity inside and outside of the workplace which makes work less burdensome.
Loved teaching hated being an adjunct
Adjunct Professor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 8, 2017
Loved teaching live on-like courses to graduate students all over the country. The mid-career students were excellent and wanted to learn. Teaching using a monitor and microphone to students was a little weird at first, but I loved it in time. It was very sad when they decided to stop using live teachers.
Pros
great format for teaching
Cons
not valued by administration.
Good research opportunities
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 8, 2017
As a postdoctoral researcher, I have had the opportunity to work with some very smart people and have had plenty of freedom to conduct independent research. Good work-life balance overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clemson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4