Clemson University Employee Reviews

Learning and fun place to work
Web Developer, Student Affairs Publications (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 23, 2014
Computers have always interested me. I am very passionate about programming and like to learn new programming languages. Computers are great and there are endless possibilities in what you can do with them. No hardware in the world can be complete without good software to operate it, which is the power of programming. I love what I do and it’s just amazing how much I can do with it. I started to work on my own website for Clemson’s ePortfolio and ever since then my interest in Web development has grown. Web development is a challenging yet interesting field to work in. Even though it’s still programming, this internship is a good change outside of school. I don’t get to do anything like this in my classes and could not have found a better internship, enjoying something that interests me and learn while working on projects. This internship perfectly aligns with my future goals. Since I will be working on websites for different departments, I will have a chance to meet people in different areas. It will be a great experience and will help me build connections.
I have three goals while working for CB+D
learn Web development in a professional setting,
learn about customer interaction,
learn leadership and team management skills.
Outstanding academic environment to continue my higher education
Clemson University - Student (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 2, 2014
Experienced educators presented relevant knowledge in their fields of expertise in order for me to further develop my business skills to prepare for a career in healthcare management. The highlights of my education include: studying the U.S. public healthcare system, learning how to conduct research and analyze data, utilizing application techniques, learning about ethics and operations management. The most enjoyable part of my education was participating in the internship and creative inquiry experiences which encompassed managing projects such as developing and conducting a healthcare survey during my internship, preforming comparative data analysis of the survey results, and preparation of the evaluation report. Also, I liked researching heart rate variability (HRV) to determine effective ways to improve HRV and health, designing and administering a heart rate variability tailored intervention program for my senior mentor, working with her, and preparing the research analysis report based on conclusions.
Pros
was able to lead internship and creative inquiry course projects
Clemson provides stability and security for families.
Info Ed Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 30, 2015
At Clemson, people tend to go to work, work hard at their jobs and go home as soon as the 'bell rings'. This stability is excellent for families. This is a good place to be if you have a doctorate degree and you are involved in the teaching and research. The benefits are excellent and there is plenty to do on campus for young families. I learned about the culture of an academic institution and how the process of awarding grants for research is done. Management is mostly hands off. Your co-workers are dedicated to their job and often don't want to cross any bridges to other departments. The hardest part is seeing ways to improve things and being able to drum up support to make anything better. The most enjoyable part is that there is not ever any homework.
It was a excellent experience
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day started with going to a designated area and working to make sure the dumpers didn't run over. I learned how to help the university stay on top of their recycling project. The management was very organized and very understanding if we had any questions. It was a good experience to work with the co-workers, they made the job enjoyable but knew how to be on top of everything. The hardest part of the job was making sure the dumpsters didn't run over and making sure the students made neat piles so it didn't make a mess. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to climb t\in the dumpster when they got to full and separate all the boxes from the others stuff to be recycled.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hot weather
It was a position that afforded me the opportunity to work from home as well as the office.
Project Coordinator I, Call Me MISTER Program (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 15, 2015
My experience with the Call Me MISTER Program was invaluable in that it gave me additional insight into the ever-changing trends of the field of education--not only in terms of its logistics, but also in terms of how they affect today's child and prospective teacher. By communicating with the Program's supporters and shareholders, we were able to effectively recruit high-quality student-leaders and further expand MISTER's national brand as a leading trainer of African-American male elementary and middle school teachers, as well a leading diversity force across America's landscape.
Security Guard Work at Clemson U
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 6, 2012
Staff who work at Clemson U are always very professional, congenial, helpful and positive! Great place to work! Facilities sometimes took a long time to arrive to fix anything like the plumbing. When I called Police Escort they came within a few minutes. Safer now than ever before with more lighting on campus. Students were mostly all respectful and also the landscaping workers. Skunks around some dorms was definately a problem if you worked the night shift! If there was an incident, the police showed up promptly. The company I worked for lost their contract. Very good organized security there now.
A wonderful university to expand your education while meeting great people
Student (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 19, 2013
A typical day included either 50 min or 75 min classes, depending on the schedule the student chose. I learned a tremendous amount at Clemson University such as how prepare for life after college, how to organize your time and set priorities. From my experience, most of the teachers are very eager in making sure their students understand the material and are willing to help the students. The hardest part of attending Clemson was the amount of effort required to performing well in the classes, especially the biology and chemistry courses. Needless to say, to succeed at Clemson true dedication to performing well is a necessity.
Graduate Assistantship for Master's Degree
❸ Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 13, 2014
I attended Clemson University graduate school to obtain a Master's degree in Counseling Education: Student Affairs. I really like the campus environment and events that were available at the university. I worked with Clemson University Sports Medicine for my assistantship, and had many great experiences with the collegiete teams. My work/life balace was poor due to team practices/activities plus attending graduate courses in the evening after work, but all of it was worth the dedication and committment! I truly recommend Clemson University for obtaining a higher education and choosing a successful career path.
Pros
apparrel, gear, free attendance to athletic events, clemson athletics resources, evening graduate courses
Cons
long/extended work hours
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 16, 2014
A typical day of my work for the library at Clemson would involve me basically driving a van around campus and delivering documents that were requested by staff or grad students from other libraries. The greatest thing I learned from this job, besides obtaining my degree from Clemson, would be the fact that I learned that college teachers and professors are real people. Conversations that would occur from time to time helped me accept that criticism from a superior is basically a request from them for improvements on my behalf. This lesson makes me want to become a teacher in ways.
Fun and Productive workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 26, 2014
Typical say at work was fulfilling and every task felt like it mattered somehow. I learned how to deal with people under my care, how to work with peers, and how earn the respect of my supervisors. My direct supervisors were warm and willing to do what I took to make my job possible to accomplish. My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was simply realizing when it was time to step back and let things develop without you.
Pros
free food and housing
Cons
no healthcare or benefits

Want to know more about Clemson University?

Ask a question
Productive and Welcoming Environment
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work begins with a warm "Good morning" by the coworkers, faculty, and staff. Everyone is eager and happy to start the day. Juggling classes, research, teaching, and supervising undergraduate students is sometimes a challenge, one that is easily overcome with good organizational skills and efficient time management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the strong relationship between the coworkers, always willing to help each other and support everyone in bettering themselves. There is never a dull or inefficient day.
Pros
coworkers, environment, attitude
Cons
healthcare, compensation
A great place with the opportunity to have a great learning experience
Summer Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 4, 2012
A typical day at work was arriving early and going over the game plan for our area in the morning. This followed by executing those plans. I learned a lot about plants, customer service, dealing with the elements on a daily basis, how to development strong relationships with my co-workers. The co-workers were great and made any hard day bareable. The hardest part was probably dealing with the hot days. The most enjoyable part was looking back on a completed job.
Field Camp
Hydrogeology Field Camp Participant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 30, 2012
I participated in field camp, and overall what I remember most is the long days in the field. When it came time to write up reports on our sites, however, I realized how much working at those sites had taught me about water processes. Sometimes it was frustrating to work in teams as far as coordinating weekend schedules and division of labor was concerned, but I think that the interactions I had with colleagues were also the most enjoyable part of the course. I found that I enjoy working on a team.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
long days
School, lots of work, but also lots of fun
Student (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 3, 2013
Pursuing a BS in Computer Science takes a lot of hard work at Clemson University. Many times the day was not over until lab ended at 10 or 11 o'clock, and even then, you might have more work to do. The work is well worth the fun though. The projects teach great skills, and teachers often use real life situations to help explain certain concepts.
Pros
its clemson! everything is a pro!
Cons
many tough hours of hard work
Fun, educational, and beneficial place to work.
Radiation Safety Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 25, 2013
A typical day of work consisted of radiation and hazardous waste management,hazardous material storage and clean-up,and radiation testing and sampling. I learned about testing equipment, OSHA and EPA regulations, and managing hazardous materials. My boss and co-workers were intellectual and helpful in every way. The hardest part of the job was constantly ensuring that the department was a small waste generator and ensuring students were properly trained in radioactive material usage. The most enjoyabe part of the job was the constant learning.
Pros
constant learning environment
Fast paced job filled with endless fullfilment
Orientation Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 25, 2014
I learned more about society and the people in it from this job than anywhere else. I was exposed to every kind of person there was in the world and the proper way to deal with them. Diverse co-workers provided insight to parts of society I could not initially relate to. Orientation chages lives, not only for the students but for the employees as well.
Pros
ability to change the lives of over 3000 students
Cons
small pay for hours works
Fun and easy job for college students.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sikes HallDecember 2, 2014
A typical day consisted of fielding and redirecting many calls to the proper department as well as creating enrollment verification forms for parents so their children could remain under their insurance.

I learned good communications skills as well as how to work with my peers. The hardest part of the job was the sheer volume of calls that could come in one day. The best part of the job was the easy atmosphere in the office
Pros
company parties
Cons
low wages
Fun but busy place to work in
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 10, 2015
When I first began working there, there were 3 or 4 insruction periods a week. As a result, tutoring was relatively simple ecause i was there to help the students, not teach them. Last spring (2015), they bumped the instruction times down to 1 or 2 a week. Not only did this hurt my hours there but the students had no idea what was going on in class
Vibrant and excellent learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 1, 2013
Being part of the Master's program at Clemson University has been a fulfilling experience for me, both in terms of the knowledge and skills acquired, and being able to conduct research on a subject that greatly interests me- bioremediation.
We were trained to be successful in the environmental industry through projects and coursework that improved our leadership and teamwork skills, and valuable information on the present scenario in the environmental and water/ wastewater sector.
Great Place to Work
Facilities Unit Worker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 15, 2014
I enjoyed working in Cooper Library at Clemson University all four years of my undergrad. I made a lot of friends and meet greet people on a daily basis. Even though there were the typical office politics, I never minded working there. I easily got along with my co-workers and managers, gaining their trust so they knew to count on me.

4.5