Clemson University Employee Reviews

It is great job to have
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 9, 2017
My job at Clemson University is the dream job. It is a very good job to have. All the people I have met are very friendly and willing to help you at anytime.
Summer research experience
Research Experience for Undergraduate Participant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 3, 2017
This was a summer research position and therefore I don't have much to say about it other than the team I worked with was extremely encouraging and it provided a great opportunity to develop my skills.
Specific Community Program
Program Developer (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 30, 2017
In my year with this specific community program, I have found advancement and sharing ideas to be difficult. The methodology is antiquated and "higher management" is not accessible. My other coworkers in other programs are fantastic. In the short amount of time I have worked here, I have found out this is not the place I will spend multiple years in.
Pros
Benefits, dynamic day to day
Cons
Leadership
Great place to work!!
Director Application Services (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 24, 2017
Clemson IT is open to new ideas on getting work done faster. implemented a new student system.

great people work at Clemson. great camaraderie with staff outside of work too.
Accountant
Accountant / Fiscal Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 6, 2017
University needs an organization review in streamlining processes. Multiple positions involved in the most simple of task to complete. Minimal training.
So long as you work hard and do what you're supposed to, everything is good.
Facilities Staff (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 28, 2017
A typical day for a facilities student worker is checking in with your boss who has a board filled with tasks to accomplish with either one other person or by yourself. When you struggle or need help others are more than welcome to provide assistance. While working independently, there is a great sense of community as well. You'll be running around a lot moving books and furniture, but overall there is always something to do. The facilities staff are nice and well accommodating if something is amiss and generally are great to work with.
Pros
Good work environment, great co-workers
Cons
Pay is a little low
very good university
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 21, 2017
it is a excellent university, everyone is friendly. And the football is exciting. it is a good place for a student to study and enjoy the life. The work is very relax.
Productive and growing competitive atmosphere
Olympic Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 21, 2017
While at Clemson University, I was interning with their Olympic Sports Strength and Conditioning department. A normal day I would be at work at 5:30 a.m. and leave at 7:00 p.m., and I would train different team during the early morning and all afternoon. My director expected a lot out of his coaches, which is why the facility was so well ran and taken care of. The staff was required to be able to multitask in order to complete all of the demands placed upon them, creating a very busy workplace environment. This experience help me understand the culture and expectations around a collegiate Strength and Conditioning coach. I learned more about exercise progressions, programming, and proper coaching on the floor. With this being a top Division 1 program, the management demanding and competitive. The stress level from the heavy workload was the most difficult aspect of this job. However, the opportunity I was given to work with their high caliber athletes, and the ability to learn about different training styles, theories and technologies was the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 16, 2017
the job is very useful for collage students. As far as it comes to be able to make a living off the job, its impossible. I loved my job at first but then they cut our hours and I cant live like that
Nice Place
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 15, 2017
Enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunities. 2016 National Champions College Football! The football win has enabled a great deal of expansion and growth.
Awesome family environment
Student Coach (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 14, 2017
A great place to work at. I am a former Clemson player so I already knew going in what type place this was. I look forward to maybe returning back at some point.
Great place to do research and work
Postdoc Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 8, 2017
Clemson is a southern relaxed college town. People at Clemson University are extremely friendly and helpful. My boss never micromanage us and always focus on push the science further instead of the number of papers got published.
The working environment is overall good especially the people.

The paycheck at Clemson is not the highest, but the living cost at Clemson is comparatively low too.
Cons
Health Insurance
Was a student
Japanese Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SC 29634May 19, 2017
I was a student at this school so I am not quite sure about how well it's workplace culture is. I'm not too sure what else to add in this box seeing as how I am a student, not an actual professor.
It provides a supportive atmosphere to pursue your academic interests.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 11, 2017
It provides a supportive atmosphere to pursue your academic interests. The expertise of faculty and fellow researchers and their willingness to help and advise students make it one of the best places to learn and work in the US.
Pros
Fun place, Social activities
Great Developmental Training
Entrepreneur Ice House Participant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 7, 2017
I'd recommend 10 Week Ice House Entrepreneurship Training course to anyone potential or current Business Owner. This course goes in depth to answer vital questions and concerns for starting your own business. Also it's great to have community Business Owners to evaluate your service along the way.
Pros
In-depth Training
Cons
limited training areas
Treated their Mathematical Graduate Students very well.
Graduate Teacher of Record/Sole Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 4, 2017
Mathematical graduate students at Clemson are given a 2-1 teaching load. They provide ample resources and training to learn how to teach a variety of courses.
Flexible work environment
Information Resource Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 2, 2017
The environment in education is motivating. The atmosphere will energize to want to go back to school. The campus is beautiful and you are surrounded by a diverse group of people.
Great University to play football
Student Football Athlete (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 27, 2017
Go to class and practices to prepare for game day.
* How to play defensive back.
* Good coaches.
*Good environment.
* The hardest part is training to be the best
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 23, 2017
The environment is very good. Professors are nice and collaborate to achieve great projects.Research is very diverse and it's a great place to work at. The university has all the elements to succeed.
good experience
Student Researcher - Animal Biopsy Design (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 17, 2017
great experience, nice school, well trained and good equipment to do research, professor very supportive and available to help and answer questions...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clemson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4