Clemson University Employee Reviews

Living In at Clemson
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Clemson is a unique university to work for. It is a large STEM school with a lot of very bright students. A typical day at work is never "typical" because the nature of the job varies depending on student needs. Work life balance can be difficult as a live in staff member because living where you work can cause boundaries to be blurred. The department casual is relaxed and casual allowing employees to create their own work schedules as long as things get done. During times of crisis the department can be reactionary which can cause high stress for it's employees if not managed properly. Overall the department is good to work for and provides opportunities for professional development often.
Pros
Collaborative environment, flexible work hours, development of students, professional development, long breaks
Cons
Minimal work life balance, times of micromanagement, long hours
Informative learning experience for both instructors and students.
Shooting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 13, 2016
In this role I served as a shooting instructor for Clemson University at the college owned shooting range which incorporated 2 trap/skeet/sporting clay ranges and a 100 yard rifle range. Classes taken through the Leisure Skills department allowed students to learn the fundamentals of firearm handling, cleaning/maintenance, safety, and ammunition reloading while regularly practicing the 3 main divisions of shotgun shooting on a weekly basis.
Pros
Experience of teaching others a tunable skill that offers life long benefits and opportunities
Cons
Weather, dangerous nature of job
I decline
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 30, 2016
I do not wish to review a company that is currently my employer as that acts as a conflict of interest to my current position and compensation.
Pros
Easy job, Time Off, Employer Benefits
Cons
TLP, No Advancement, No raises, No Management, 12 Hour shifts
Positive Work Experience
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 8, 2016
Clemson is nationally ranked by its students as a positive site for higher education. The employment community also reflects this spirit of positive, encouraging participation in campus initiatives. Job is typical of state-supported higher education: job security, moderate pay.
Pros
Nice coworkers, campus spirit
Cons
Career advancement may not be readily available.
the right place to study and work
Research Assistant] (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 6, 2016
knowledgable professors and nice research environment in beautiful campus. The working experience let me find my job in my filed with a decent salary. it is worth to come to here and do whatever you need for future
Learning experience
Information System/Business Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Clemson is a great place to work and grow. Typical day is to supporting management as will as project managers, QA team, customers and development. Sometime all tasks are complete and some do not work out.
Stable employment. Great benefits
Fiscal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoy working at Clemson University and have learned how to expect anything at any moment. It's a very diverse workplace and there is always something new happening on campus. The majority of the workers are nice and compassionate. The hardest part of the job is advancing, since it is such a large establishment and there are so many applicants for each available job that is posted.
Clemson provides stability and security for families.
Info Ed Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 30, 2015
At Clemson, people tend to go to work, work hard at their jobs and go home as soon as the 'bell rings'. This stability is excellent for families. This is a good place to be if you have a doctorate degree and you are involved in the teaching and research. The benefits are excellent and there is plenty to do on campus for young families. I learned about the culture of an academic institution and how the process of awarding grants for research is done. Management is mostly hands off. Your co-workers are dedicated to their job and often don't want to cross any bridges to other departments. The hardest part is seeing ways to improve things and being able to drum up support to make anything better. The most enjoyable part is that there is not ever any homework.
Not a work environment for advancement or equal pay
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 19, 2016
Salary is low and takes months to be review by another department (HR) which decides your fate. Salary is not equal for the same job title by as much as 20k depending on the department you are in. Advancement is difficult due to the "pay band" you are in even though the salaries overlap.
Teaching Assistant is the Greatest
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 16, 2017
You make your own hours and enjoy teaching students something new and cool in the field of computer science. Assembly language is one of the hardest to teach but the most rewarding. The professor that over sees the TA program can be difficult
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
max of 10 hours
Productive and satisfying job with a great environment
Student Athletic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching students with little to no understanding of the subject, grow and learn every day.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Some student athletes were difficult to work with
For graduate students it is ok
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 17, 2017
Nothing special, good weather, small city, nearest airport in GSP.
Clemson has a great football team and the game days are awesome.
I am a graduate student and I don't work as a full-time employee to write a better review
Interior and BiW Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 22, 2016
Clemson University is a great place to live and work. I enjoyed my stay at this place. The work life balance was good and South Carolina weather is amazing.
Working As A Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Engineering Innovation BuildingNovember 8, 2016
During two years in Clemson University, I use software Comsol to simulate micro-particle transportation in micro-channel and compared with experiment. I learnt about the electrostatic microfluidic phenomena which has many application in industry.
Worked at a summer camp.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Awendaw, SCAugust 19, 2016
Great training and team/morale building for the employees. The one camp I was at (Camp Sewee) needed better management as a supervisor wasn't even qualified to work as a counselor and yet she was overseeing them.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 21, 2016
It was great to be near the university where I have done my Masters.
My professor guided me in every way possible to achieve the target. Overall, it is a great experience.
Productive and Welcoming Environment
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work begins with a warm "Good morning" by the coworkers, faculty, and staff. Everyone is eager and happy to start the day. Juggling classes, research, teaching, and supervising undergraduate students is sometimes a challenge, one that is easily overcome with good organizational skills and efficient time management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the strong relationship between the coworkers, always willing to help each other and support everyone in bettering themselves. There is never a dull or inefficient day.
Pros
coworkers, environment, attitude
Cons
healthcare, compensation
Great Internship
Olympic Weight Room Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 23, 2016
I interned at 3 different places while at Clemson, the Olympic Weight Room, the Athletic Department, and EMpower Clemson. I learned a great deal from all three of these internships and had a great experience with all three.
professional and active place
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 16, 2016
I was pursing a PhD degree and being a teaching assistant at the same time when I was at Clemson, really nice place, good learning environment, very nice professors and mentors
Pros
nice, safe
Cons
relatively close environment
great place to get PhD
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 2, 2016
very friendly people
NO unhealthy competition in the workplace which is great
everyone is really helpful
cheap and beautiful place to leave
bad pay though!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clemson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5