Clemson University Employee Reviews in United States

a lot of medical programs
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 20, 2016
you need to be hard working at this job. It's competitive and demanding, but you can learn a great deal. It's all about teamwork and individual improvement.
Perspective on CU
Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 15, 2016
Overall I would say that it is a decent place to work. The pay isn't very good but the community and the environment is pretty interesting.
I decline
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 30, 2016
I do not wish to review a company that is currently my employer as that acts as a conflict of interest to my current position and compensation.
Pros
Easy job, Time Off, Employer Benefits
Cons
TLP, No Advancement, No raises, No Management, 12 Hour shifts
Straightforward teaching assistanceship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 25, 2016
You basically go in and teach the required material, give good feedback to students, and grade some papers. Every once in a while you may have to help your advisor with other things like research or grading things from lecture. Overall, it is a great working experience. The pay could be better. While it covers tuition, what you are paid monthly barely covers rent.
Pros
Gaining teaching experience
Cons
The monthly pay could be better.
Amazing center for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 17, 2016
The faculty and administration have worked hard to make Clemson University a top 20 institution. Education and research are among the nation's elite
Fun and motivating
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 26, 2016
I helped to teach new Computer Science and Engineering students how to program in C. This was a lab once a week in which I would teach for the first part of class, and then set them off on the programming assignment for the day. During this time I would help students as they encountered issues.
Getting PhD
Graduate Teacher of Record (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 25, 2016
Clemson has a good mathematical sciences department, which allows you to learn about many ares of mathematics such as statistics, operations research and numerical methods.
great to work for and with. efficient and kind to the patients and families. caring and understanding with the patients
RN-PRN (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 20, 2016
Loved working here. Great opportunity during school but now I have graduated and am looking for a full time nursing instructor position.
Pros
everything
Cons
not full time
Easy going, relaxing work place with flexible hours and great management
Biological Sciences Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 15, 2016
A typical day at work included: cleaning laboratory equipment, prepping chemicals and laboratory equipment for future undergraduate lab classes. and ensuring safety in each laboratory room. By working in a laboratory setting I learned how to maintain safety in a laboratory setting, how to manage time properly, and I improved my organizational skills as a whole.
Management included three supervisors all of which were available whenever a worker was present. Each supervisor was easy to talk to, understanding, and most importantly a great teacher. Co workers were outgoing, fun, and presented a good work ethic. When a task needed to be completed we worked as a team rather than individuals making the task at hand much simpler. The hardest part of the job was time management; some tasks required a long period of time when I only had a short amount of time to work due to classes. While it was sometimes difficult it helped to make sure I was doing my job efficiently and in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was being able to talk to any of my co workers or supervisors and not fearing any negative repercussions or remarks.
Pros
Enjoyable, flexible, fun
Informative learning experience for both instructors and students.
Shooting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 13, 2016
In this role I served as a shooting instructor for Clemson University at the college owned shooting range which incorporated 2 trap/skeet/sporting clay ranges and a 100 yard rifle range. Classes taken through the Leisure Skills department allowed students to learn the fundamentals of firearm handling, cleaning/maintenance, safety, and ammunition reloading while regularly practicing the 3 main divisions of shotgun shooting on a weekly basis.
Pros
Experience of teaching others a tunable skill that offers life long benefits and opportunities
Cons
Weather, dangerous nature of job
In a transition period
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 10, 2016
A typical day includes being a resource for residents to come to when they need assistance. I learned how to speak up for the things that I need.

There is a hiearchy present, but how each community is governed is determined by each specific supervisor. I have worked under a total of 6 different individuals. Each had a different type of managerial style and interpretation of rules and how those would be implemented.

Hardest part is when higher ups expect you as a student to put the job before school work, and other obligations that you have on campus.

Most enjoyable part is creating meaningful relationships with the students.
the right place to study and work
Research Assistant] (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 6, 2016
knowledgable professors and nice research environment in beautiful campus. The working experience let me find my job in my filed with a decent salary. it is worth to come to here and do whatever you need for future
Nice environment to start of management work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 13, 2016
Teaching is always fun and comparatively entertaining. Management is strong and warm welcoming graduate students to help enhance skills.
Pros
good job
Cons
nice place to work. colleagues are supportive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 7, 2016
typical day at work was to teach an undergraduate lab course. Management was very supportive and the co workers were helpful. Enjoyed the teaching assistant job.
Very good education provided
Research assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 4, 2016
it is a really nice place to study and do research and learn all the information you need, very good education was provided. the professors were nice and friendly.

I learned a lot in environmental engineering field and I am ready to apply all my experience and education to my future work.
Pros
good place to study and learn new things
Cons
a little bit far from big cities, will need relocation for a job
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 2, 2016
Top public university to work in. As a software engineer I responsible for developing up-to-date software applications.
Challenging and Rigorous Environment
Club Member (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 24, 2016
Highly competitive atmosphere where I always felt fully engaged in my work. Teamwork and collaboration occur on a daily basis. I really met a lot of people through Clemson, and I took away some great connections from the experience.
interactive and practical impementation of what we study
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 15, 2016
clemson provides a very good teaching faculty with well equipped labs and diversified culture that makes learning better .
i love this job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 29, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was working in envortiment that i loved. I got to meet new people that loved working in the food service professional. I always love is going to the football games for free.
I only went there to work on a committee taking place there
working with a team to write some standarized test (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Seem a nice place, beautiful campus, students were building a small home to give to some needy family, great on their part to do this for the less fortunate
Pros
Did some good work while there
Cons
my work there only lasted a bit over one years

4.5