Clemson University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Internship
Olympic Weight Room Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 23, 2016
I interned at 3 different places while at Clemson, the Olympic Weight Room, the Athletic Department, and EMpower Clemson. I learned a great deal from all three of these internships and had a great experience with all three.
Interior and BiW Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 22, 2016
Clemson University is a great place to live and work. I enjoyed my stay at this place. The work life balance was good and South Carolina weather is amazing.
Great Public University
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 21, 2016
Great Public School to study. Very good infrastructure for the research and learning for graduate students. Friendly people to work with and very helping staff.
Worked at a summer camp.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Awendaw, SCAugust 19, 2016
Great training and team/morale building for the employees. The one camp I was at (Camp Sewee) needed better management as a supervisor wasn't even qualified to work as a counselor and yet she was overseeing them.
professional and active place
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 16, 2016
I was pursing a PhD degree and being a teaching assistant at the same time when I was at Clemson, really nice place, good learning environment, very nice professors and mentors
Pros
nice, safe
Cons
relatively close environment
Senior Design
senior design student (Former Employee) –  clemson, SCAugust 2, 2016
Our group was a great group to work through some pretty significant manufacturing issues our client had. The client was a bit tough to work for and a little disorganized.
Researched while finishing degree
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 19, 2016
Students are given the opportunity to do research under a professor and graduate students during their time in school.
Steadily improving in Football
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 16, 2016
5 years of playing football. I have seen the good and the ugly, but from 6-7 to nationals I think I can't complain. The sky is the limit now. Lets hope they keep excelling.
A great place but need be more open!
Instructor of Cross Cultural Awareness (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 12, 2016
As an international educator, I believe there are lots of work to do and seems long time to go in improving the global awareness on campus.
Graduate Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 9, 2016
I was an overworked under paid graduate student. The graduate school itself is home to several fine programs. I however, came in to work under an aging and hostile professor.
a lot of medical programs
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 20, 2016
you need to be hard working at this job. It's competitive and demanding, but you can learn a great deal. It's all about teamwork and individual improvement.
Perspective on CU
Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 15, 2016
Overall I would say that it is a decent place to work. The pay isn't very good but the community and the environment is pretty interesting.
I decline
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 30, 2016
I do not wish to review a company that is currently my employer as that acts as a conflict of interest to my current position and compensation.
Pros
Easy job, Time Off, Employer Benefits
Cons
TLP, No Advancement, No raises, No Management, 12 Hour shifts
Straightforward teaching assistanceship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 25, 2016
You basically go in and teach the required material, give good feedback to students, and grade some papers. Every once in a while you may have to help your advisor with other things like research or grading things from lecture. Overall, it is a great working experience. The pay could be better. While it covers tuition, what you are paid monthly barely covers rent.
Pros
Gaining teaching experience
Cons
The monthly pay could be better.
Amazing center for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 17, 2016
The faculty and administration have worked hard to make Clemson University a top 20 institution. Education and research are among the nation's elite
Fun and motivating
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 26, 2016
I helped to teach new Computer Science and Engineering students how to program in C. This was a lab once a week in which I would teach for the first part of class, and then set them off on the programming assignment for the day. During this time I would help students as they encountered issues.
Getting PhD
Graduate Teacher of Record (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 25, 2016
Clemson has a good mathematical sciences department, which allows you to learn about many ares of mathematics such as statistics, operations research and numerical methods.
great to work for and with. efficient and kind to the patients and families. caring and understanding with the patients
RN-PRN (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 20, 2016
Loved working here. Great opportunity during school but now I have graduated and am looking for a full time nursing instructor position.
Pros
everything
Cons
not full time
Easy going, relaxing work place with flexible hours and great management
Biological Sciences Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 15, 2016
A typical day at work included: cleaning laboratory equipment, prepping chemicals and laboratory equipment for future undergraduate lab classes. and ensuring safety in each laboratory room. By working in a laboratory setting I learned how to maintain safety in a laboratory setting, how to manage time properly, and I improved my organizational skills as a whole.
Management included three supervisors all of which were available whenever a worker was present. Each supervisor was easy to talk to, understanding, and most importantly a great teacher. Co workers were outgoing, fun, and presented a good work ethic. When a task needed to be completed we worked as a team rather than individuals making the task at hand much simpler. The hardest part of the job was time management; some tasks required a long period of time when I only had a short amount of time to work due to classes. While it was sometimes difficult it helped to make sure I was doing my job efficiently and in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was being able to talk to any of my co workers or supervisors and not fearing any negative repercussions or remarks.
Pros
Enjoyable, flexible, fun
Informative learning experience for both instructors and students.
Shooting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 13, 2016
In this role I served as a shooting instructor for Clemson University at the college owned shooting range which incorporated 2 trap/skeet/sporting clay ranges and a 100 yard rifle range. Classes taken through the Leisure Skills department allowed students to learn the fundamentals of firearm handling, cleaning/maintenance, safety, and ammunition reloading while regularly practicing the 3 main divisions of shotgun shooting on a weekly basis.
Pros
Experience of teaching others a tunable skill that offers life long benefits and opportunities
Cons
Weather, dangerous nature of job

4.5