Clemson University

Clemson University Employee Reviews

This was a great job and was very informative
Shooting Range Assistant (Former Employee), Clemson, SCAugust 25, 2015
My time working for Clemson University was very enjoyable. The other staff were very kind and more than willing to teach me along the way.
Clemson provides stability and security for families.
Info Ed Administrator (Former Employee), Clemson, SCJuly 30, 2015
At Clemson, people tend to go to work, work hard at their jobs and go home as soon as the 'bell rings'. This stability is excellent for families. This is a good place to be if you have a doctorate degree and you are involved in the teaching and research. The benefits are excellent and there is plenty to do on campus for young families. I learned about the culture of an academic institution and how the process of awarding grants for research is done. Management is mostly hands off. Your co-workers are dedicated to their job and often don't want to cross any bridges to other departments. The hardest part is seeing ways to improve things and being able to drum up support to make anything better. The most enjoyable part is that there is not ever any homework.
University setting
Interim Assistant (Current Employee), Clemson, SCJuly 29, 2015
The ability to be motivated it very important. There are a million perks and the location is excellent. The facility and staff are terrific to work for
Not a great place to work.
Information Resource Consultant I (Current Employee), Clemson, SCJuly 2, 2015
I work with the electric engineers and only two of them would even recognize I was there on a daily basis. Everyone working seemed unhappy. Eat was I will step on anyone to get ahead type of environment.
Good
Research assistant (Former Employee), Clemson, SCJune 16, 2015
it is a great fun place for receiving education. Very well known throughout the US for both academics and football. Highly recommended.
Good place to get a graduate degree
Graduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Clemson, SCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Good place to do graduate studies
Cons: Payment is low
1. Good place to start your research career.
2. Good courses are offered usually.
3. Professors are helpful.
4. Payment is somewhat on the lower side.
5. Library facilities are wonderful.
6. Beautiful campus.
Great University which works to help develop and promote successful students.
Graduate Assistant for Fraternities and Sororities (Current Employee), Clemson, South CarolinaApril 27, 2015
Clemson University is a great place to work! It allows you to mix with a somewhat diverse student population and get your feet wet in many different departments. Clemson works to help build top-notch professionals who are committed to their individual passions.
Friendly Work Environment
Intramural Sports Manager (Current Employee), Clemson, SCApril 14, 2015
I really enjoy everything about my job, from interacting with patrons to setting up and taking down the fields everyday. The Intramural Sports Manager job taught me a lot about customer service and how to properly interact with my superiors. I look forward to coming back in the fall.
Large, Public university with varying student types
Graduate Assistant for Fraternities and Sororities (Current Employee), Clemson, South CarolinaApril 6, 2015
Clemson University strives to deliver high-caliber students of all types to move on to successful careers. The staff and faculty are friendly and available.
Wonderful work experience and opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Clemson, SCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work with students
Cons: Can only be an RA while in college
Working as a Resident Assistant was a wonderful experience. Clemson University instilled a sense of leadership, and teamwork in order to seamlessly provide excellent support to our coworkers and students.
Productive and fun
Instrutional Support Assistant (Former Employee), ClemsonMarch 29, 2015
Great place with good learning

Big company with many people

Interesting new technologies to work on

Hierarchical management and slow growth
Fun and exciting
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Clemson, SCMarch 25, 2015
Fun environment, all working towards the Solid Orange mission and athletic department growth. Loved it! Did administrative tasks, helped the coaches, and supported the department in various ways. Go Tigers!
Fun Place To Work
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee), Clemson, SCMarch 23, 2015
For Supplemental instruction, I was given the opportunity to help students learn in ways that they had not previously thought of. While it was challenging, I was able to learn and grow from the job as well.
Good Prof with great work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Clemson,SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: Work from home, Good pay
Cons: Too much cross platforms
Intelligent river is a great project which had a direct implication on environment. Professor were really kind and helped me to improve my skills very much.
Highly productive and most learning place I have ever seen.
Grading Assistant (Former Employee), Clemson, SCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good working environment
Cons: managing staff
I learnt that my inclination towards the domain I am pursuing my higher education in. The people are helpful and the atmosphere thus created is awesome
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Clemson, SCMarch 12, 2015
I am going to Clemson University for a Master's Degree in electrical engineering with an emphasis in electromagnetics. I am a graduate teaching assistant and I teach undergraduate circuits labs.
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Clemson, SCFebruary 22, 2015
A very balanced job with friendly employees. Little to no stress within the job and management was very friendly and easy going.
It was a excellent experience
Clean up crew (Former Employee), Clemson, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hot weather
A typical day started with going to a designated area and working to make sure the dumpers didn't run over. I learned how to help the university stay on top of their recycling project. The management was very organized and very understanding if we had any questions. It was a good experience to work with the co-workers, they made the job enjoyable but knew how to be on top of everything. The hardest part of the job was making sure the dumpsters didn't run over and making sure the students made neat piles so it didn't make a mess. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to climb t\in the dumpster when they got to full and separate all the boxes from the others stuff to be recycled.
Engineering school
Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering (Current Employee), Clemson, SCFebruary 15, 2015
A decent public university in South Carolina. Engineering school seems rising up. Faculty face high demand in publications and external funding.
nice place to live and work
Research Associate (Current Employee), Clemson, SCJanuary 30, 2015
I learnt how to play and work here. Nice environment. learnt how to fit the role transition. Still I am looking for a job for exciting life.
Headquarters