Clemson University Employee Reviews

i love this job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 29, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was working in envortiment that i loved. I got to meet new people that loved working in the food service professional. I always love is going to the football games for free.
I only went there to work on a committee taking place there
working with a team to write some standarized test (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Seem a nice place, beautiful campus, students were building a small home to give to some needy family, great on their part to do this for the less fortunate
Pros
Did some good work while there
Cons
my work there only lasted a bit over one years
Fun and rewarding work
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 26, 2016
I have found that my favorite job so far has been for Clemson University as a lab assistant.There is really not much difficulty to my job. My co-workers are nice. My boss is amazing. I love everything about working here.
Not a work environment for advancement or equal pay
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 19, 2016
Salary is low and takes months to be review by another department (HR) which decides your fate. Salary is not equal for the same job title by as much as 20k depending on the department you are in. Advancement is difficult due to the "pay band" you are in even though the salaries overlap.
Manageable on-campus job
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 13, 2016
It is a good place to work if you are a student and need a way to make money along with take classes. There are many job options with varying levels of hours that you can work.
Fun and enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 23, 2015
I have loved working at different job at Clemson University! It has been a fun experience and I have made many friends. I am currently working for Clemson University and would love to stay.
Fun but busy place to work in
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 10, 2015
When I first began working there, there were 3 or 4 insruction periods a week. As a result, tutoring was relatively simple ecause i was there to help the students, not teach them. Last spring (2015), they bumped the instruction times down to 1 or 2 a week. Not only did this hurt my hours there but the students had no idea what was going on in class
Great campus
Senior Director of Development (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 3, 2015
Successful advancement team from ground up, closing in on $1Billion campaign milestone. Top Nationally recognized public institution.
Referee
Referee (Former Employee) –  clemsonOctober 15, 2015
It is good because it gives you a little extra cash while you are in school and you get to referee your friends. Only make about $10 a year
Production
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCSeptember 21, 2015
I worked without supervision. We solved our own problems. I had 13 machines to operate. Whenever I would catch up, I would go help others. It was a family work place.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
old machines
Very productive work environment
Project Coordinator I, Call Me MISTER Program (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 20, 2015
My job with Clemson University's Eugene T. Moore School of Education afforded me every opportunity available to not only set my own working hours, but also work from home so I could be near family members.
Pros
Opportunities for travel, attending training conferences throughout state, one-on-one instruction and supervision.
Cons
It was a position that afforded me the opportunity to work from home as well as the office.
Project Coordinator I, Call Me MISTER Program (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 15, 2015
My experience with the Call Me MISTER Program was invaluable in that it gave me additional insight into the ever-changing trends of the field of education--not only in terms of its logistics, but also in terms of how they affect today's child and prospective teacher. By communicating with the Program's supporters and shareholders, we were able to effectively recruit high-quality student-leaders and further expand MISTER's national brand as a leading trainer of African-American male elementary and middle school teachers, as well a leading diversity force across America's landscape.
Undergraduate work
Researcher, Dr. Creager Group (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 3, 2015
I worked for Clemson as an undergraduate researcher and was treated as such. That's not to say it was a bad place to work by any means I would've just rather spent my time tailgating. GO TIGERS!
Pros
Tiger football
Cons
bench work
Excellent Work Environment
Writer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Excellent work environment with great people
Ability to work hard and see the benefit
Make your own impact in the university
Hierarchical depending on department
Ability to move throughout departments
Excellent place to work.
Director/Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 30, 2015
Dynamic environment. Leadership during my time of employment was very good. I had lots of autonomy and flexibility in my position.
This was a great job and was very informative
Shooting Range Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 25, 2015
My time working for Clemson University was very enjoyable. The other staff were very kind and more than willing to teach me along the way.
Clemson provides stability and security for families.
Info Ed Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 30, 2015
At Clemson, people tend to go to work, work hard at their jobs and go home as soon as the 'bell rings'. This stability is excellent for families. This is a good place to be if you have a doctorate degree and you are involved in the teaching and research. The benefits are excellent and there is plenty to do on campus for young families. I learned about the culture of an academic institution and how the process of awarding grants for research is done. Management is mostly hands off. Your co-workers are dedicated to their job and often don't want to cross any bridges to other departments. The hardest part is seeing ways to improve things and being able to drum up support to make anything better. The most enjoyable part is that there is not ever any homework.
University setting
Interim Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 29, 2015
The ability to be motivated it very important. There are a million perks and the location is excellent. The facility and staff are terrific to work for
This is a test.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 22, 2015
No real complaints about working here. Was an internship, so no real complaints.Pay was good, no real complaints there.
Not a great place to work.
Information Resource Consultant I (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 2, 2015
I work with the electric engineers and only two of them would even recognize I was there on a daily basis. Everyone working seemed unhappy. Eat was I will step on anyone to get ahead type of environment.

4.5