Clemson University Employee Reviews

the right place to study and work
Research Assistant] (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 6, 2016
knowledgable professors and nice research environment in beautiful campus. The working experience let me find my job in my filed with a decent salary. it is worth to come to here and do whatever you need for future
Not a work environment for advancement or equal pay
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 19, 2016
Salary is low and takes months to be review by another department (HR) which decides your fate. Salary is not equal for the same job title by as much as 20k depending on the department you are in. Advancement is difficult due to the "pay band" you are in even though the salaries overlap.
Clemson provides stability and security for families.
Info Ed Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 30, 2015
At Clemson, people tend to go to work, work hard at their jobs and go home as soon as the 'bell rings'. This stability is excellent for families. This is a good place to be if you have a doctorate degree and you are involved in the teaching and research. The benefits are excellent and there is plenty to do on campus for young families. I learned about the culture of an academic institution and how the process of awarding grants for research is done. Management is mostly hands off. Your co-workers are dedicated to their job and often don't want to cross any bridges to other departments. The hardest part is seeing ways to improve things and being able to drum up support to make anything better. The most enjoyable part is that there is not ever any homework.
Informative learning experience for both instructors and students.
Shooting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 13, 2016
In this role I served as a shooting instructor for Clemson University at the college owned shooting range which incorporated 2 trap/skeet/sporting clay ranges and a 100 yard rifle range. Classes taken through the Leisure Skills department allowed students to learn the fundamentals of firearm handling, cleaning/maintenance, safety, and ammunition reloading while regularly practicing the 3 main divisions of shotgun shooting on a weekly basis.
Pros
Experience of teaching others a tunable skill that offers life long benefits and opportunities
Cons
Weather, dangerous nature of job
In a transition period
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 10, 2016
A typical day includes being a resource for residents to come to when they need assistance. I learned how to speak up for the things that I need.

There is a hiearchy present, but how each community is governed is determined by each specific supervisor. I have worked under a total of 6 different individuals. Each had a different type of managerial style and interpretation of rules and how those would be implemented.

Hardest part is when higher ups expect you as a student to put the job before school work, and other obligations that you have on campus.

Most enjoyable part is creating meaningful relationships with the students.
Straightforward teaching assistanceship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 25, 2016
You basically go in and teach the required material, give good feedback to students, and grade some papers. Every once in a while you may have to help your advisor with other things like research or grading things from lecture. Overall, it is a great working experience. The pay could be better. While it covers tuition, what you are paid monthly barely covers rent.
Pros
Gaining teaching experience
Cons
The monthly pay could be better.
professional and active place
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 16, 2016
I was pursing a PhD degree and being a teaching assistant at the same time when I was at Clemson, really nice place, good learning environment, very nice professors and mentors
Pros
nice, safe
Cons
relatively close environment
Great Internship
Olympic Weight Room Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 23, 2016
I interned at 3 different places while at Clemson, the Olympic Weight Room, the Athletic Department, and EMpower Clemson. I learned a great deal from all three of these internships and had a great experience with all three.
Worked at a summer camp.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Awendaw, SCAugust 19, 2016
Great training and team/morale building for the employees. The one camp I was at (Camp Sewee) needed better management as a supervisor wasn't even qualified to work as a counselor and yet she was overseeing them.
Easy going, relaxing work place with flexible hours and great management
Biological Sciences Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 15, 2016
A typical day at work included: cleaning laboratory equipment, prepping chemicals and laboratory equipment for future undergraduate lab classes. and ensuring safety in each laboratory room. By working in a laboratory setting I learned how to maintain safety in a laboratory setting, how to manage time properly, and I improved my organizational skills as a whole.
Management included three supervisors all of which were available whenever a worker was present. Each supervisor was easy to talk to, understanding, and most importantly a great teacher. Co workers were outgoing, fun, and presented a good work ethic. When a task needed to be completed we worked as a team rather than individuals making the task at hand much simpler. The hardest part of the job was time management; some tasks required a long period of time when I only had a short amount of time to work due to classes. While it was sometimes difficult it helped to make sure I was doing my job efficiently and in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was being able to talk to any of my co workers or supervisors and not fearing any negative repercussions or remarks.
Pros
Enjoyable, flexible, fun
Great Public University
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 21, 2016
Great Public School to study. Very good infrastructure for the research and learning for graduate students. Friendly people to work with and very helping staff.
Interior and BiW Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 22, 2016
Clemson University is a great place to live and work. I enjoyed my stay at this place. The work life balance was good and South Carolina weather is amazing.
great place to get PhD
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 2, 2016
very friendly people
NO unhealthy competition in the workplace which is great
everyone is really helpful
cheap and beautiful place to leave
bad pay though!
Senior Design
senior design student (Former Employee) –  clemson, SCAugust 2, 2016
Our group was a great group to work through some pretty significant manufacturing issues our client had. The client was a bit tough to work for and a little disorganized.
Graduate Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 9, 2016
I was an overworked under paid graduate student. The graduate school itself is home to several fine programs. I however, came in to work under an aging and hostile professor.
Steadily improving in Football
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 16, 2016
5 years of playing football. I have seen the good and the ugly, but from 6-7 to nationals I think I can't complain. The sky is the limit now. Lets hope they keep excelling.
A great place but need be more open!
Instructor of Cross Cultural Awareness (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 12, 2016
As an international educator, I believe there are lots of work to do and seems long time to go in improving the global awareness on campus.
I decline
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 30, 2016
I do not wish to review a company that is currently my employer as that acts as a conflict of interest to my current position and compensation.
Pros
Easy job, Time Off, Employer Benefits
Cons
TLP, No Advancement, No raises, No Management, 12 Hour shifts
Researched while finishing degree
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 19, 2016
Students are given the opportunity to do research under a professor and graduate students during their time in school.
Fun and motivating
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 26, 2016
I helped to teach new Computer Science and Engineering students how to program in C. This was a lab once a week in which I would teach for the first part of class, and then set them off on the programming assignment for the day. During this time I would help students as they encountered issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clemson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5