Clemson University Employee Reviews

Stable employment. Great benefits
Fiscal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoy working at Clemson University and have learned how to expect anything at any moment. It's a very diverse workplace and there is always something new happening on campus. The majority of the workers are nice and compassionate. The hardest part of the job is advancing, since it is such a large establishment and there are so many applicants for each available job that is posted.
Living In at Clemson
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Clemson is a unique university to work for. It is a large STEM school with a lot of very bright students. A typical day at work is never "typical" because the nature of the job varies depending on student needs. Work life balance can be difficult as a live in staff member because living where you work can cause boundaries to be blurred. The department casual is relaxed and casual allowing employees to create their own work schedules as long as things get done. During times of crisis the department can be reactionary which can cause high stress for it's employees if not managed properly. Overall the department is good to work for and provides opportunities for professional development often.
Pros
Collaborative environment, flexible work hours, development of students, professional development, long breaks
Cons
Minimal work life balance, times of micromanagement, long hours
Positive Work Experience
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 8, 2016
Clemson is nationally ranked by its students as a positive site for higher education. The employment community also reflects this spirit of positive, encouraging participation in campus initiatives. Job is typical of state-supported higher education: job security, moderate pay.
Pros
Nice coworkers, campus spirit
Cons
Career advancement may not be readily available.
Working As A Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Engineering Innovation BuildingNovember 8, 2016
During two years in Clemson University, I use software Comsol to simulate micro-particle transportation in micro-channel and compared with experiment. I learnt about the electrostatic microfluidic phenomena which has many application in industry.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 21, 2016
It was great to be near the university where I have done my Masters.
My professor guided me in every way possible to achieve the target. Overall, it is a great experience.
great place to get PhD
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 2, 2016
very friendly people
NO unhealthy competition in the workplace which is great
everyone is really helpful
cheap and beautiful place to leave
bad pay though!
Great Internship
Olympic Weight Room Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 23, 2016
I interned at 3 different places while at Clemson, the Olympic Weight Room, the Athletic Department, and EMpower Clemson. I learned a great deal from all three of these internships and had a great experience with all three.
Interior and BiW Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 22, 2016
Clemson University is a great place to live and work. I enjoyed my stay at this place. The work life balance was good and South Carolina weather is amazing.
Great Public University
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 21, 2016
Great Public School to study. Very good infrastructure for the research and learning for graduate students. Friendly people to work with and very helping staff.
Worked at a summer camp.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Awendaw, SCAugust 19, 2016
Great training and team/morale building for the employees. The one camp I was at (Camp Sewee) needed better management as a supervisor wasn't even qualified to work as a counselor and yet she was overseeing them.
professional and active place
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 16, 2016
I was pursing a PhD degree and being a teaching assistant at the same time when I was at Clemson, really nice place, good learning environment, very nice professors and mentors
Pros
nice, safe
Cons
relatively close environment
Senior Design
senior design student (Former Employee) –  clemson, SCAugust 2, 2016
Our group was a great group to work through some pretty significant manufacturing issues our client had. The client was a bit tough to work for and a little disorganized.
Researched while finishing degree
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 19, 2016
Students are given the opportunity to do research under a professor and graduate students during their time in school.
Steadily improving in Football
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 16, 2016
5 years of playing football. I have seen the good and the ugly, but from 6-7 to nationals I think I can't complain. The sky is the limit now. Lets hope they keep excelling.
A great place but need be more open!
Instructor of Cross Cultural Awareness (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 12, 2016
As an international educator, I believe there are lots of work to do and seems long time to go in improving the global awareness on campus.
Graduate Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 9, 2016
I was an overworked under paid graduate student. The graduate school itself is home to several fine programs. I however, came in to work under an aging and hostile professor.
a lot of medical programs
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 20, 2016
you need to be hard working at this job. It's competitive and demanding, but you can learn a great deal. It's all about teamwork and individual improvement.
Perspective on CU
Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 15, 2016
Overall I would say that it is a decent place to work. The pay isn't very good but the community and the environment is pretty interesting.
I decline
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 30, 2016
I do not wish to review a company that is currently my employer as that acts as a conflict of interest to my current position and compensation.
Pros
Easy job, Time Off, Employer Benefits
Cons
TLP, No Advancement, No raises, No Management, 12 Hour shifts
Straightforward teaching assistanceship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 25, 2016
You basically go in and teach the required material, give good feedback to students, and grade some papers. Every once in a while you may have to help your advisor with other things like research or grading things from lecture. Overall, it is a great working experience. The pay could be better. While it covers tuition, what you are paid monthly barely covers rent.
Pros
Gaining teaching experience
Cons
The monthly pay could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clemson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5