Clemson University Employee Reviews in United States

Perspective on CU
Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 15, 2016
Overall I would say that it is a decent place to work. The pay isn't very good but the community and the environment is pretty interesting.
Getting PhD
Graduate Teacher of Record (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 25, 2016
Clemson has a good mathematical sciences department, which allows you to learn about many ares of mathematics such as statistics, operations research and numerical methods.
I only went there to work on a committee taking place there
working with a team to write some standarized test (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Seem a nice place, beautiful campus, students were building a small home to give to some needy family, great on their part to do this for the less fortunate
Pros
Did some good work while there
Cons
my work there only lasted a bit over one years
i love this job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 29, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was working in envortiment that i loved. I got to meet new people that loved working in the food service professional. I always love is going to the football games for free.
Great campus
Senior Director of Development (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 3, 2015
Successful advancement team from ground up, closing in on $1Billion campaign milestone. Top Nationally recognized public institution.
Fun and rewarding work
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 26, 2016
I have found that my favorite job so far has been for Clemson University as a lab assistant.There is really not much difficulty to my job. My co-workers are nice. My boss is amazing. I love everything about working here.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 2, 2016
Top public university to work in. As a software engineer I responsible for developing up-to-date software applications.
It was a position that afforded me the opportunity to work from home as well as the office.
Project Coordinator I, Call Me MISTER Program (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 15, 2015
My experience with the Call Me MISTER Program was invaluable in that it gave me additional insight into the ever-changing trends of the field of education--not only in terms of its logistics, but also in terms of how they affect today's child and prospective teacher. By communicating with the Program's supporters and shareholders, we were able to effectively recruit high-quality student-leaders and further expand MISTER's national brand as a leading trainer of African-American male elementary and middle school teachers, as well a leading diversity force across America's landscape.
Manageable on-campus job
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 13, 2016
It is a good place to work if you are a student and need a way to make money along with take classes. There are many job options with varying levels of hours that you can work.
Excellent Work Environment
Writer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Excellent work environment with great people
Ability to work hard and see the benefit
Make your own impact in the university
Hierarchical depending on department
Ability to move throughout departments
Fun but busy place to work in
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 10, 2015
When I first began working there, there were 3 or 4 insruction periods a week. As a result, tutoring was relatively simple ecause i was there to help the students, not teach them. Last spring (2015), they bumped the instruction times down to 1 or 2 a week. Not only did this hurt my hours there but the students had no idea what was going on in class
Productive and Welcoming Environment
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work begins with a warm "Good morning" by the coworkers, faculty, and staff. Everyone is eager and happy to start the day. Juggling classes, research, teaching, and supervising undergraduate students is sometimes a challenge, one that is easily overcome with good organizational skills and efficient time management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the strong relationship between the coworkers, always willing to help each other and support everyone in bettering themselves. There is never a dull or inefficient day.
Pros
coworkers, environment, attitude
Cons
healthcare, compensation
Fun and enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 23, 2015
I have loved working at different job at Clemson University! It has been a fun experience and I have made many friends. I am currently working for Clemson University and would love to stay.
Outstanding academic environment to continue my higher education
Clemson University - Student (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 2, 2014
Experienced educators presented relevant knowledge in their fields of expertise in order for me to further develop my business skills to prepare for a career in healthcare management. The highlights of my education include: studying the U.S. public healthcare system, learning how to conduct research and analyze data, utilizing application techniques, learning about ethics and operations management. The most enjoyable part of my education was participating in the internship and creative inquiry experiences which encompassed managing projects such as developing and conducting a healthcare survey during my internship, preforming comparative data analysis of the survey results, and preparation of the evaluation report. Also, I liked researching heart rate variability (HRV) to determine effective ways to improve HRV and health, designing and administering a heart rate variability tailored intervention program for my senior mentor, working with her, and preparing the research analysis report based on conclusions.
Pros
was able to lead internship and creative inquiry course projects
It was a excellent experience
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day started with going to a designated area and working to make sure the dumpers didn't run over. I learned how to help the university stay on top of their recycling project. The management was very organized and very understanding if we had any questions. It was a good experience to work with the co-workers, they made the job enjoyable but knew how to be on top of everything. The hardest part of the job was making sure the dumpsters didn't run over and making sure the students made neat piles so it didn't make a mess. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to climb t\in the dumpster when they got to full and separate all the boxes from the others stuff to be recycled.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hot weather
Very productive work environment
Project Coordinator I, Call Me MISTER Program (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 20, 2015
My job with Clemson University's Eugene T. Moore School of Education afforded me every opportunity available to not only set my own working hours, but also work from home so I could be near family members.
Pros
Opportunities for travel, attending training conferences throughout state, one-on-one instruction and supervision.
Excellent place to work.
Director/Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 30, 2015
Dynamic environment. Leadership during my time of employment was very good. I had lots of autonomy and flexibility in my position.
Excellent place to work and live
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jim Self Center on the FutureJanuary 13, 2015
Clemson is an excellent place to conduct the work of a graduate research assistant or a graduate teaching assistant. The only drawback is that it does not maintain competitive compensation rates with other peer universities/institutions.
Good place to get a graduate degree
Graduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 5, 2015
1. Good place to start your research career.
2. Good courses are offered usually.
3. Professors are helpful.
4. Payment is somewhat on the lower side.
5. Library facilities are wonderful.
6. Beautiful campus.
Pros
Good place to do graduate studies
Cons
Payment is low
Referee
Referee (Former Employee) –  clemsonOctober 15, 2015
It is good because it gives you a little extra cash while you are in school and you get to referee your friends. Only make about $10 a year

4.5