Clemson University Employee Reviews

Great Public University
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 21, 2016
Great Public School to study. Very good infrastructure for the research and learning for graduate students. Friendly people to work with and very helping staff.
In a transition period
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 10, 2016
A typical day includes being a resource for residents to come to when they need assistance. I learned how to speak up for the things that I need.

There is a hiearchy present, but how each community is governed is determined by each specific supervisor. I have worked under a total of 6 different individuals. Each had a different type of managerial style and interpretation of rules and how those would be implemented.

Hardest part is when higher ups expect you as a student to put the job before school work, and other obligations that you have on campus.

Most enjoyable part is creating meaningful relationships with the students.
Easy going, relaxing work place with flexible hours and great management
Biological Sciences Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 15, 2016
A typical day at work included: cleaning laboratory equipment, prepping chemicals and laboratory equipment for future undergraduate lab classes. and ensuring safety in each laboratory room. By working in a laboratory setting I learned how to maintain safety in a laboratory setting, how to manage time properly, and I improved my organizational skills as a whole.
Management included three supervisors all of which were available whenever a worker was present. Each supervisor was easy to talk to, understanding, and most importantly a great teacher. Co workers were outgoing, fun, and presented a good work ethic. When a task needed to be completed we worked as a team rather than individuals making the task at hand much simpler. The hardest part of the job was time management; some tasks required a long period of time when I only had a short amount of time to work due to classes. While it was sometimes difficult it helped to make sure I was doing my job efficiently and in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was being able to talk to any of my co workers or supervisors and not fearing any negative repercussions or remarks.
Pros
Enjoyable, flexible, fun
Senior Design
senior design student (Former Employee) –  clemson, SCAugust 2, 2016
Our group was a great group to work through some pretty significant manufacturing issues our client had. The client was a bit tough to work for and a little disorganized.
Fun and Productive workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 26, 2014
Typical say at work was fulfilling and every task felt like it mattered somehow. I learned how to deal with people under my care, how to work with peers, and how earn the respect of my supervisors. My direct supervisors were warm and willing to do what I took to make my job possible to accomplish. My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was simply realizing when it was time to step back and let things develop without you.
Pros
Free food and housing
Cons
no healthcare or benefits
a lot of medical programs
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 20, 2016
you need to be hard working at this job. It's competitive and demanding, but you can learn a great deal. It's all about teamwork and individual improvement.
Steadily improving in Football
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 16, 2016
5 years of playing football. I have seen the good and the ugly, but from 6-7 to nationals I think I can't complain. The sky is the limit now. Lets hope they keep excelling.
A great place but need be more open!
Instructor of Cross Cultural Awareness (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 12, 2016
As an international educator, I believe there are lots of work to do and seems long time to go in improving the global awareness on campus.
Graduate Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 9, 2016
I was an overworked under paid graduate student. The graduate school itself is home to several fine programs. I however, came in to work under an aging and hostile professor.
Researched while finishing degree
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 19, 2016
Students are given the opportunity to do research under a professor and graduate students during their time in school.
Perspective on CU
Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 15, 2016
Overall I would say that it is a decent place to work. The pay isn't very good but the community and the environment is pretty interesting.
Excellent place to work and live
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jim Self Center on the FutureJanuary 13, 2015
Clemson is an excellent place to conduct the work of a graduate research assistant or a graduate teaching assistant. The only drawback is that it does not maintain competitive compensation rates with other peer universities/institutions.
Fun and motivating
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 26, 2016
I helped to teach new Computer Science and Engineering students how to program in C. This was a lab once a week in which I would teach for the first part of class, and then set them off on the programming assignment for the day. During this time I would help students as they encountered issues.
Good work environment poor job security
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson SCJune 26, 2014
Flexible hours. Pay rate is much lower than corporate jobs. Advancement and job security is low.
Pros
flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
no parking, job security is low
Amazing center for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 17, 2016
The faculty and administration have worked hard to make Clemson University a top 20 institution. Education and research are among the nation's elite
great to work for and with. efficient and kind to the patients and families. caring and understanding with the patients
RN-PRN (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 20, 2016
Loved working here. Great opportunity during school but now I have graduated and am looking for a full time nursing instructor position.
Pros
everything
Cons
not full time
Very good education provided
Research assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 4, 2016
it is a really nice place to study and do research and learn all the information you need, very good education was provided. the professors were nice and friendly.

I learned a lot in environmental engineering field and I am ready to apply all my experience and education to my future work.
Pros
good place to study and learn new things
Cons
a little bit far from big cities, will need relocation for a job
Nice environment to start of management work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 13, 2016
Teaching is always fun and comparatively entertaining. Management is strong and warm welcoming graduate students to help enhance skills.
Pros
good job
Cons
nice place to work. colleagues are supportive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 7, 2016
typical day at work was to teach an undergraduate lab course. Management was very supportive and the co workers were helpful. Enjoyed the teaching assistant job.
Getting PhD
Graduate Teacher of Record (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 25, 2016
Clemson has a good mathematical sciences department, which allows you to learn about many ares of mathematics such as statistics, operations research and numerical methods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clemson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5